Why are women so damn sensitive?

doodlebug 2009/02/17 20:29:53
Women have a lot of men to choose from so they can afford to be picky and dump you over little things.
I don't know, maybe that's what estrogen does to you.
I think women are sensitive because...
I don't think women are being unreasonably sensitive.
I've been on a few dates where everything seemed to go well, but then there would be no second date. I later learned that women can be turned off by the most trivial of things. One wrong sentence and all of a sudden, the deal is over. The girl in the article I just read dumped a guy after two dates for texting "Can I reserve u for a make-out session tonite?"

What is wrong with that? Ok, if it's too aggressive too soon, talk to him about it! Geez, why shut the door on a potentially good relationship when the guy was just trying to be cute and flirty?

• SparkleyPie 2009/02/17 21:39:57
    SparkleyPie
    +7
    I wouldn't go out on a date with a guy that was too lazy to type out the word 'you' either!

• Grim Sorcerer 2014/01/06 07:15:30
    I think women are sensitive because...
    Grim Sorcerer
    They are brought up to be so, it's all a conspiracy made so many years ago and it has become so embedded into society that we think it's normal and good. Humans are raised like dogs.
  • guydude 2010/01/18 07:59:29
    I think women are sensitive because...
    guydude
    +2
    i have this girlfriend right now and who gets so emotional when i say things like shut up, or say the word fag when im describing something. i have nothing against gays or anything i just say it..and then she says dont tell me to shut up!! she takes everything i say so dam serious. she has no sense of humor or anything.. she thinks movies like superbad and hangover are stupid??? i dont get it??? can someone help me out??
  • tonyeline guydude 2012/12/03 07:34:21
    tonyeline
    +9
    telling her to shut up is just poor taste. it shows you don't value her opinion or have the decency to just listen to the words that she has to say.
  • jay guydude 2013/08/11 01:49:58
    jay
    +3
    Thats considered verbal abuse and she shouldnt have to take that from ANYBODY! didnt anyone ever teach you that thats not how you talk to a female?
  • the truth 2009/12/16 13:23:37
    the truth
    +1
    American women..Thats all I really have to say about that part..They the only one that get all offended by such words..The guy is not going to do anything for real unless the woman gives him some kind of hint that she wants to..He may feel on her and kiss til she say stop..These days guys will stop..Cause for one,you'd do a lot of time behind bars if she reports rape..Its best to just get one from another country..They dont let little things like that bother them..With foreign women,they'd very much like for you to turn it up each time you date..Just dont get all crazy with it..You can speak these kinds of words with them..You still have to respect them but,little words like that is nothing.
    When you ask them If you could reserve them for a make-out session tonite? They will smile.They eat flirty words like that up..She may say some other time but she not about to just shut the door on you..
  • pwnzer 2009/08/30 09:43:00
    I think women are sensitive because...
    pwnzer
    oh, in my opinion anyone who's willing to throw away a relationship of any sort away over something as petty as that isn't really worth your time anyways. Relationships are built on compromise, and understanding. I wouldn't get hung up over a person like that, move on quickly no sense in wasting time.
    The question as stated in the response below mine are right though, you should ask if its called for one question.
    In another question ask why are women so sensitive, that way you get rid of the biased.
    Ill answer your question anyways. Women are taught that its right to make a big deal out of a few words because they have an impact on emotions, and supposedly there isn't anything wrong with emotions. So she decided that it was best altogether to drop whatever you had going due to those emotions. in my opinion thats brash and irrational but whatever we all do as we wish right?
  • TimK 2009/08/24 05:59:45 (edited)
    TimK
    +3
    women and men bash each other too much.

We all want to be good enough.... but sometimes fall short because the person we covet doesn't want us.. Then we have to bash the other sex to bring ourselves back up again.

Men have testosterone and sociological conditioning that would provide for a stereotype to be placed on us....

Women have estrogen and sociological conditioning that provides for a stereotype to be placed on them..... BUT No

'one' woman or No 'one' man is ever the same or acts the same.

Your question stereotypes too much for the ladies to give you a non defensive answer... you should have worded it with a lot more unbiased and open mindedness. See we all act like we act (woman or man) because of what we have been through, seen, because of friends, because of upbringing.... on and on and on....

One woman may have laughed at that question about the make out session, while another would have talked it over, while another would have gotten upset and while even yet another may have wanted it.

So they aren't all sensitive as you can see...

Stereotypes hold so much weight because they can be true much of the time.... they don't always hold true though.

The stereotypes that women and men have are not so bad. We need to be different from each other... or there would be problems in ...

women and men bash each other too much.

The stereotypes that women and men have are not so bad. We need to be different from each other... or there would be problems in the world....

Let's sum it all up by saying (and I believe this wholeheartedly) that we are all EQUAL in VALUE. We complete each other.... And If we'd learn to respect each other... well .... wouldn't that be something?
  • pwnzer TimK 2009/08/30 09:25:13
    pwnzer
    ya, which one is right and wrong is something not so easily chosen. From what I have seen less emotion means more goals using logic and a clearer and less bias view of situations. No drama flying around making others hard each other and overreacting. I find it hard to not out of principle dislike those who get into that stuff, always so needy.
    Then again to deal with problems which do tug on emotions, and to calm emotions of others they're sorta necessary. I prefer distance myself from drama queens be it a girl or guy, and keep looking ahead.
  • Shayla 2009/03/11 21:41:03
    I think women are sensitive because...
    Shayla
    +2
    I believe that some women are sensitive because other people/men are very unsensitive to what women need from them. We HATE HATE HATE HATE being treated as the "weaker sex", and having guys offer to do stuff because they think that we are too weak to do it ourselves. If a guy offers to do something, he should offer to do something because he wants to do it for us, not because we cant do it for ourselves.
  • TimK Shayla 2009/08/24 06:38:47
    TimK
    +2
    no offense but you cant use the word 'WE' because you are not speaking for the entire female population....... So what to do if you ACTUALLY 'cannot' do it yourself....... just let you struggle? Another thing is that women ARE the weaker sex (physically only) and It turns out to be your strength. A rose is built fragile.... but because of that it is beautiful....
  • Grim So... TimK 2014/01/06 07:12:12
    Grim Sorcerer
    Yeah, and people like you prefer looks over survival skills and defence. Not only are you wrong regarding that, but women can exercise to the point of becoming stronger - however due to gender roles, men are the one who's are brought up to be the fighters who exercise. You know, you like how you're brought up to get (sexual) pleasure out of seeing women applying to their gender roles and being the good weak girls they should be.
  • omfg Amberr!!! 2009/02/25 01:45:41
    omfg Amberr!!!
    +2
    Women get upset just like anyone else.I guess it all depends on the reason why they might get up set. Get upset over not getting flowers-of course not. Being dumped for the lamest reasons-well sure...probably not me but sure.
  • TimK omfg Am... 2009/08/24 06:42:47
    TimK
    +4
    Anyone is entitled to get upset at anytime. Who is anybody to say what is on another's mind and if they are giving a reasonable reaction to something? Everybody has their own reasons for getting upset or happy or whatever emotions they feel (unless they are an actor or actress). It's hard to understand for a member of the opposite sex though, cause they never walked in the others shoes....
  • DemonKiTTiE ♥ In MUSE I Tru... 2009/02/23 06:00:48
    I think women are sensitive because...
    DemonKiTTiE ♥ In MUSE I Trust ♥
    +2
    they just are!
  • Katharina 2009/02/21 14:57:46
    I think women are sensitive because...
    Katharina
    +1
    they are still
    raised in a different way than boys.
  • TimK Katharina 2009/08/24 06:43:45
    TimK
    +1
    very true.... almost the entire answer to the question in just that simple fact alone.
  • Keen Tojones 2009/02/21 00:09:36
    Keen Tojones
    +2
    Dude, it's a rough world out there.
  • AnaBee<3 2009/02/20 23:09:04
    AnaBee<3
    +1
    Its the chromosomes.
  • Kate- Vampire Princess and ... 2009/02/20 02:33:50
    Kate- Vampire Princess and WolfGirl.
    I think that we have good reason to be sensitive.
  • TheGhostHybrid 2009/02/20 02:29:58
    I think women are sensitive because...
    TheGhostHybrid
    +1
    Society makes women that way in some cases. In other cases, it's just bad luck for the guy. Sometimes, though...the girl really has problems and/or is a perfectionist.

I should know.

I'm a girl. ^-^ (Never had a boyfriend, and don't want one...but still.)
  • Night 2009/02/20 02:23:25
    Night
    +2
    If you think women are unresonablly sensitive you have been haniging around some weak ass women.
  • ophelia 2009/02/20 01:53:40
    ophelia
    +3
    I think asking to reserve someone for a makeout session is crude- it isn't something that a woman who is looking for something long-term wants to hear. A reservation is something you make at a restaurant, not for a person. Asking her over to watch a movie and winding up making out instead of actually seeing the flick is fine, and much more romantic and spontaneous.

Now, not all women are like that, but many I know are- they aren't looking for just someone to date, they are looking for someone to settle down with.

Some women are unreasonable- some are set off by little, human mistakes- many of the women I know, however, are very offended if they are treated like the man owns them or can just call them up and do what they want with them whenever.

It all depends on the women you know, I suppose, and what you have observed in your life.
  • Twilightdreamz13 2009/02/20 01:14:09
    Twilightdreamz13
    +3
    it's better than having an emotional range of a teaspoon.
  • Night Twiligh... 2009/02/20 02:25:24
    Night
    +2
    nice Hermione quote.
  • TimK Twiligh... 2009/08/24 06:48:39
    TimK
    +1
    can we say STEREOTYPE?
  • EdwardBellaNessie1022 2009/02/20 00:44:45
    EdwardBellaNessie1022
    +2
    You don't TEXT that? Wtf? And maybe you're being a dick or you're pushy or something that's not appealing. Don't force it onto the woman. Look at yourself. There has to be a reason why they don't want a second date with you.
  • TimK EdwardB... 2009/08/24 07:00:36
    TimK
    +1
    Who are you to say what that particular man should have texted, not texted, said or done? You have to go by the PARTICULARS of the situation, which we don't know much about. And really.... was it THAT serious? You 'do' realize that whoever wrote this wasn't the person who texted that. He said he read an article about someone who did it. So wtf? why are you bashing the writer now? I do agree that it could be something to be talked about before taking an action involving such ABSOLUTE in behavior and outcome.(Dumping him just for a text?) Lot's of girls I talked to have given me lots of different responses to how they'd have handled that text. So please .... stop setting the rules for every last breathing human being. What you meant to say was .... DONT EVER TEXT THAT TO ME.....
  • EdwardB... TimK 2009/08/24 20:42:52
    EdwardBellaNessie1022
    Daaaamn, freak out, much?
  • xXX~anime_lover~XXx 2009/02/20 00:27:45
    xXX~anime_lover~XXx
    +2
    i'm not sensitive...

here make fun of me i wont be mad.
  • TimK xXX~ani... 2009/08/24 07:01:59
    TimK
    +2
    You're funny.... That made me laugh.... HELL, I like you.
  • *Lost*In*Slience* 2009/02/19 23:23:20
    I think women are sensitive because...
    *Lost*In*Slience*
    +1
    Well I dont know why we are so sensitave......I guess its just natural........and periods cause some of it!! lolz My mom says a woman could KILL on her period if someone made her mad enough.....LOL thats why I don't mess with her at that time!! lol
  • Night *Lost*I... 2009/02/20 02:26:43
    Night
    +1
    that's a sterotype, i am sooooo not unreasonable when aunt flo visites!...lol
  • *Lost*I... Night 2009/02/20 18:31:50
    *Lost*In*Slience*
    +1
    hahahaha yeah................i am though so its different for me
  • Dennis C Latham 2009/02/19 23:16:43 (edited)
    I think women are sensitive because...
    Dennis C Latham
    +2
    they are soft pretty thoughtful caring compassionate sugary and spicey and everything nicey and men need to treat them like pedals on a flower. Soft and gentle ....... they deserve it.

when you treat a women with respect behind closed doors ?

She will treat you like a king on the other side of those closed doors.

Besided... the things they go through to have your child ? women respect closed doors treat king closed doors besided child
  • bama 2009/02/19 23:06:30
    bama
    +2
    we are sensitive because most men are not! LOL
  • TimK bama 2009/08/24 07:03:11
    TimK
    got to have opposites to keep everything in harmony.....
  • Kimberly 2009/02/19 22:48:37
    Kimberly
    +1
    I am a woman and I actually ask this all the time....I was raised with all brothers, so I kinda see on the male side of things. Well this past summer i go from living with 7 brothers to living with 7 female roommates. Let me just tell you....my world was turned upside down....the stuff these girls threw a fit about just blew my mind! Trivial things really....It might just be the estrogen....I haven't found the answer to this question myself yet...
  • TimK Kimberly 2009/08/24 07:04:07
    TimK
    Upbringing and estrogen... Sociological influence and demands...
  • PurplePenguin 2009/02/19 22:47:39
    PurplePenguin
    +5
    Maybe it's comments like that. Which leads me to wanting to spout back, "Maybe because men are so damn INSENSITIVE." Not all women like to be treated as objects or sex toys, and some men just can't seem to grasp that.
  • TimK PurpleP... 2009/08/24 07:05:12 (edited)
    TimK
    +1
    please don't SHE-HULK out on us.....

2014/09/21 12:10:57