Why are women objectified comparably more than men?

Angel 2011/02/06 04:00:30
Related Topics: Opposite Sex, Sex
I wish I knew. I look around and see men so often having the same influence through history when its attached to women... finding a way to objectify women for their own gain; financially, for status or fame. Why? What as a sex over all do we feel the need to take advantage of the opposite sex? There are plenty of exceptions I know, but I am speaking I believe in correct generalities regarding this issue. I'm not male bashing but instead I believe asking a questions never taken the time to answer or ask by us.

• Angel 2011/02/06 20:38:47 (edited)
    Angel
    +4
    In reading these opinions so far I came up with few more thought on this matter. First, women nor men are to blame exclusively, like most big issues we as humans, society, sexes face, they have come to evolve to this over many lives, many people, and after many events (to name just a few factors). Perhaps we could say that with each interaction and every generation the role of males and women is being changed, evolved, and or eroded.

Perhaps at the core of our issue is that we view this issue too narrowly as an issue with the sexes and not just each other as people. Is that too wishful thinking? What makes a women any worse of a person for being sexual then when a man does it? Why just because women "let them" do men feel it ok to take advantage of a women? Why is it any more of a woman's role to play a helpmate then one a man would also want to take on for his partner be it man or women? Why just because the bible said it, it has to be? Why must the things that are always stay that way?

I think perhaps we as people have lost the true appreciation of the multitude of roles, strengths and weaknesses we ALL posses... and how all these in their own unique formula can add to our lives not be issues of conflict.

• Bob, the reasonable one 2011/02/06 22:23:50
    Bob, the reasonable one
    Because as a guy, we are boring to look at.... :)
  • Angel 2011/02/06 20:38:47 (edited)
    Angel
    +4

• emmames... Angel 2011/02/06 21:19:59
    emmamess ~ In My Conscience I Trust ~`
    +1
    "What makes a women any worse of a person for being sexual then when a man does it?"

It does not make us worse of a person - I've been down the route of multiple partners and it left me feeling empty - but it is socially acceptable for men to do such and it shouldn't be ok for them either. But because of my 'experience' I am not sexually inhibited and I am able to fully give myself to the man I love.

"Why just because women "let them" do men feel it ok to take advantage of a women?"

I don't know - I've often asked myself why this is so - but i'm not a man.

"Why is it any more of a woman's role to play a helpmate then one a man would also want to take on for his partner be it man or women?"

Speaking from experience - I am happier doing so - than trying to gain recognition in the 'world' - I enjoy helping my man - so that he can succeed in the world. I do expect loyalty in return though - more so than if I didn't play that role and was more independent - but less fulfilled in my soul.
  • Surgeon ~The Egalitarianist~ 2011/02/06 05:47:51
  • emmamess ~ In My Conscience... 2011/02/06 04:59:55
    emmamess ~ In My Conscience I Trust ~`
    +2
    I think women have lost site of our true purpose and we are undervalued because of that. Our true and rightful purpose is to be man's helpmate.

Now before anyone gets bent outta shape because I truly believe that this is our purpose - let me add that until man admits that he NEEDS a helpmate - he will never stop objectifying us.
  • Scarr~Green with Envy 2011/02/06 04:04:05
    Scarr~Green with Envy
    ive asked before, but my mom said thats the way of the world i guess...
  • Scarr~G... Scarr~G... 2011/02/06 04:04:29
    Scarr~Green with Envy
    its because of the bible and how it tries to make women less than men

2014/09/02 06:51:12