Who's Less Moral, Men or Women?

Women are still lagging behind men in at least one area ... rule-breaking. According to recent studies, men have lower moral standards than women, especially when they have to defend their manhood, Scientific American reports.

Studies show that men are more likely than women to minimize the consequences of moral misconduct; to adopt ethically questionable tactics in strategic endeavors; and to engage in greater deceit, Scientific American reports. In other words, whether you're engaging in a business deal or choosing a life partner, you might be better off trusting a woman.

Guys are especially likely to be "immoral" in when success means proving their masculinity -- and yes, the workplace and the playing field both come to mind. But we have to wonder: Are guys more likely to engage in this sort of behavior because they're still more likely to be competing in these arenas than women? Or are men intrinsically more immoral? What do you think?

• ANGEL Merrick 2012/06/21 02:52:43
    ANGEL
    I guess so. Really pathetic, isn't it? waiting
  • john doe 2012/06/20 13:38:03
    Men
    john doe
    Women aren't exactly perfect angels by a long shot either.
  • MorrowJen 2012/06/20 13:17:03
  • Jules 2012/06/20 12:43:04 (edited)
    Men
    Jules
    +3
    When I saw this question, without even seeing the popular vote answer, I immediately thought 'MEN GODDAMMIT!' XDD. Maybe it's the inner feminist in me, but while I disagree with double standards, this is far from it, it's simply a proven fact that men are more willing to do more things than woman to get the job they want or their point across. But women are FAR from being saints, and I guess I fall into the more 'immoral woman' category than the the moral one. History shows us that though, more often than not, men were immoral in the choices they made and doing things than women were. But this is DEFINITELY gender-based question though, most women are going to say men and most men are going to say women LOL.

But honestly, I think if there had been a 'both' option, I probably would have opted for that one instead, because I can see it from both ends of the pole.
  • Captain Pikachu ~ CEO of HTFO 2012/06/20 12:35:59
    Women
    Captain Pikachu ~ CEO of HTFO
    +1
    Most of the women in my life complain about me being too moral, goody goody boyscoutish and what not... My wife is extremely immoral... Not that it means anything in the whole big picture, humans are humans. Men aren't always outwardly immoral and women aren't always inwardly immoral, sometimes it's the other way around... but when people say flat out ignorant and insulting things like how all men are just awful people and should be sent to Mars, it's obvious they're just upset that no man ever loved them
  • .: LiVi :. 2012/06/20 12:31:16
    Men
    .: LiVi :.
    +3
    Both can be immoral, but history is evidence of how much men have put women through
  • beach bum 2012/06/20 12:00:28
    Men
    beach bum
  • mrdog 2012/06/20 11:26:12
    Women
    mrdog
    Actually i could vote either way...this is gender issue? bark
  • Commenting_one 2012/06/20 11:17:07
    Men
    Commenting_one
    +1
    This is supposed to be news?

This reminds me of magazine articles and quizzes from days gone by that get recycled over and over like "How to please your man", "How to be a sexpot".. things don't change.. the only thing different are new generations who don't know it already.

Cosmopolitan Covers from the  70 s
  • Aksana 2012/06/20 10:44:08
  • Howard Aksana 2012/06/20 15:00:45
    Howard
    +1
    Her silhouette should sport a dollar sign symbol, not a heart.
  • Aksana Howard 2012/06/20 15:03:01
    Aksana
    why?hahah
  • Rhiarna Banana 2012/06/20 10:05:03
    Women
    Rhiarna Banana
    if u search the meaning of moral if u dnt know what it means u can probably say it might actually be both
  • aksquad 2012/06/20 09:22:34
  • shagnazty aksquad 2012/06/20 17:03:26
    shagnazty
    Because, most cops being men, they tend to feel chivalrously concerned for women in terms of crime. So, women tend to be put under the victim category almost at once, while a male suspect is commonly targeted first. I'm not too fond of this question. Its designed purely to bring out peoples inner sexist.
  • Playerazzi 2012/06/20 08:28:51
    Men
    Playerazzi
    .... but if you want to get something done, go for the man.
  • Fenabarb 2012/06/20 07:32:29
    Men
    Fenabarb
    heading towards 50/50
  • being me 2012/06/20 07:26:18
    Women
    being me
    I wish I had a "both" choice. Moral is moral.
  • Carson 2012/06/20 07:03:26
    Men
    Carson
    See women know women and say that women are less moral. Whilst men know men and realize that men are less immoral so realy its all just perception. This is what one may conclude from looking here.
  • Wyveryx 2012/06/20 06:53:11
    Men
    Wyveryx
    I only chose men so I could post a response here.

Where is the link to the study, what are the statistics and how many people participated in this study?

While I've seen many men who make decisions that can be immoral, I've also witnessed a lot of women who can be just as bad if not worse than some men.
    I think it really depends on the situation given as to whom will either bend or break their moral compass.
  • krunchatize~me 2012/06/20 06:33:23
    Women
    krunchatize~me
    There are some nasty ass women out there, and not physically, women that verbally harm other women because of what they look like or what they wear disgust me. Men are equally as immoral as women though
  • Inquisitve Kat 2012/06/20 06:12:05
    Men
    Inquisitve Kat
    +1
    Although, it really does depend on the person.
  • Mike III% 2012/06/20 06:06:47 (edited)
    Men
    Mike III%
    I wish that they would have actually included the reason for this. Very few men can tie any emotional value to the act of sexual intercourse but very few women can do the latter. What this means is, for women, sex means something, an itch and a bond -- for men, it is a thirst to quench (this is from medical studies, not my opinion).

Does this mean that all men cheat? Not at all, but I believe the women with loyal husbands need to give them a little more credit than what they currently do and realize what a great thing they actually have -- because it takes discipline and a lot of it (this IS my opinion).
  • Just Jenn for Now 2012/06/20 05:31:40
    Men
    Just Jenn for Now
    +2
    We really need a study to verify? Hah!

No offense, men, but speaking generally, it's obvious and very true.
  • Captain... Just Je... 2012/06/20 12:58:37
    Captain Pikachu ~ CEO of HTFO
    When you get older you start to realize it's really not true at all.
  • Just Je... Captain... 2012/06/21 04:40:34
    Just Jenn for Now
    +1
    So I'll realize it when I'm your age in six years? Hmm..

Personally I've found men take longer to mature than women do. I will say there are a few decent men I'm around every day I work. So I know there's hope yet.
  • Captain... Just Je... 2012/06/21 07:21:52 (edited)
    Captain Pikachu ~ CEO of HTFO
    Well, the thing I noticed is, when men and women are young, men are more immoral and immature then women, however, as they grow older, they grow out of their immorality where as women never do. That's just a stereotype, though.

But in all seriousness, it's actually pretty dumb to say women are more moral than men, especially when it's not true at all. There are men more moral than any woman and more immoral than the most disgusting man... I'm sure you actually DO realize that, right?
  • Arianne 2012/06/20 05:31:14
    Men
    Arianne
    +1
    Isn't there a both option?
  • kobidobidog 2012/06/20 05:22:36
    Men
    kobidobidog
    +1
    Heck I just pick one, and tell you what the one making the question did not know. Any kind of sex is not being immoral. Not loving all like Jesus loves is being immoral.That is as simple as I can say it.
  • Noobcake 2012/06/20 05:17:18
    Men
    Noobcake
    Neither! Where is that option?? As several people have already pointed out before me, morals are subjective. However, based on my particular moral code I believe both sexes equal in this regard. Though I think more crime is committed by males, female immorality, which tends usually to manifest itself in different ways, is no less despicable.
  • Lydecho Rain (Лидия) 2012/06/20 05:08:41
    Men
    Lydecho Rain (Лидия)
    And what's worse is that no one cares when they do it.
  • Omni 2012/06/20 04:56:56
    Women
    Omni
    +1
    There is no objective morality; as you can't test, observe, or gauge "morality" in any tangible sense. It's a metaphysical attribute to the mind used to justify and contemn yourself and others. That said, a "study" conducted on a portion (PORTION) of society does not reveal gender-stratification! It reveals perspective by those tested on.
  • Party Boy [A7X Bat] 2012/06/20 04:36:51
  • silverandgold21 2012/06/20 04:15:37
    Men
    silverandgold21
    that seems right. its hard to prove though
  • Kaleokualoha 2012/06/20 04:13:56
    Men
    Kaleokualoha
    +1
    I believe that men are intrinsically less moral, because men are less concerned with social relationships.
  • Child of light 2012/06/20 04:11:32
    Men
    Child of light
    +2
    I'd say that men are more likely to be immoral. In the large scale, men degrade women into nothing more than sexual objects or objects for pleasure, especially in pornography
  • mobilsq Child o... 2012/06/20 04:21:08
    mobilsq
    +3
    Some truth to this , but look around America it's not hard to find a woman degrading herself, whether it be casual whoring around or just general sluttiness.
  • Child o... mobilsq 2012/06/20 04:24:47
    Child of light
    I won't argue with that.
  • Carson mobilsq 2012/06/20 07:00:14
    Carson
    I hate it but its true.
  • seahawk665 2012/06/20 04:01:35
    Men
    seahawk665
    Actually, it depends on the individual person, and not their sex. Women can also be immoral too.

2014/12/20 18:40:33