Who's Journey's better lead singer? Steve Perry or Arnel Pineda?

batwarrior 2008/08/11 21:39:10

• Alan Renner 2013/10/02 09:34:08 (edited)
    Alan Renner
    +1
    I worked for B.G.P. through the Haight-Ashbury Free Medical Clinic throughout the 80's & 90's and have seen journey more times than I can remember, but one that stands out was an Oakland Coliseum D.O.G. #1 in '82 with Journey, Santana, Toto & The Tubes.
    I remember seeing this one from in front of the barrier on a hot day. Steve was drenched in sweat and I was washing the crowd down with water and climbing over masses of people to pull the fainted ones out so they wouldn't get crushed. And it was a concert of a lifetime; the best I've ever seen! It's hard to see how Steve himself could out-do that performance let alone Arnel.
    I haven't seen Arnel live yet but it's hard to see how he could ever surpass Steve in his prime. As a fan I think Arnel would agree. Having said that, Arnel is in his prime NOW and I don't think Steve could keep up with him on stage... and Steve has a 50 something voice now too. Sorry Steve we're all getting old(er).
  • Irina 2013/07/31 15:29:40
    Steve Perry
    Irina
    Pinedas job is to sing a little bit like Perry. Thats all. Perry is just great, he sings out of heart, with deep emotions and passion. He dont need to skream to express, like Pineda do. And when Perry skreams, my heart stops. I can not listen Pineda, i see every time Perry over him.
  • Barney 2013/02/16 01:38:10
    Steve Perry
    Barney
    Allow me to comment on things that are said with the two singers I have seen Journey three times in concert two with Arnel and one with Steve Augeri and I have to say regardless of you so called experts Steve Perry can not and will not be replaced by Arnel while he sings extraordinarily live lately he has come to be obnoxiously loud, and while I regret not seeing Steve Perry in concert with Journey it would have been awesome. I go to these concerts and I enjoy them, but leave a little disappointed because of that fact that Journey is not Journey without Steve Perry. They are just a band singing his songs!
  • carrie4d Barney 2013/08/04 02:28:41
    carrie4d
    +4
    I Saw Steve Perry With Journey In The 80S.Awesome. Read Perry's Latest Story On His Website. He's Had A Rough Last Couple Of years
  • Angel 2013/02/15 12:19:10
    Steve Perry
    Angel
    When Steve Perry left Journey, original drummer Steve Smith {with Journey since 1978; departed band after Perry's departure} said it best:

"Journey without Steve Perry is like Jack without his box!"
  • alex.puddister 2012/07/16 15:42:09
    Steve Perry
    alex.puddister
    Steve Perry. Is the voice of Journey. People don't hear Journey and say omg its Arnel Pineda.
  • baby anne 2011/12/28 12:43:12
    Arnel Pineda
    baby anne
    +1
    steve perry is a legend but i think arnel pineda made journey alive since steve gone .. arnel pineda did justice to all steve perrys songs.
  • Joel 2011/12/21 20:54:54
    Steve Perry
    Joel
    +1
    Steve Perry is "the voice" of Journey. He wrote 99% of their songs lyrics and made them all famous. Arnel is very talented but not the golden voice. Arnel is singing all of Steve's lyrics..that doesn't make him great.
  • Alan Re... Joel 2013/10/02 09:38:08 (edited)
    Alan Renner
    +3
    Sorry but Neal & Deen (with Steve) wrote most of them.
  • melissa... Alan Re... 2014/07/10 05:47:29
    melissa mendez
    Steve, Neal and Jon
  • patti 2011/01/24 15:18:17
    Steve Perry
    patti
    It's strange how one can have so many favorite songs they can't seem to name them all, but when it comes to voices, of all the vocalist on the planet, my personal favorite is without a doubt, The voice of Steve Perry who just celebrated his 62nd Birthday on January 22nd. Happy Birthday Steve!
  • Myopinionmatters 2010/12/26 08:32:10
    Steve Perry
    Myopinionmatters
    Let's face it, without Steve Perry, there would be no Journey. His voice and rnage is what has made the band so popular. He bairly ever strains his voice hitting an amazingly high pitched note, whereas Arnel does. In fact, Arnel has pretty faulty pitch and no sence of rhythm (covered up nicely by guitar) throughout Revelations). I know, I have perfect pitch. Don't listen to these other people who say otherwise. Steve is at the top of they pyramid, and Arnel is down below the other Steve who sang in the middle.
  • kk rob 2010/12/18 04:28:07
    Steve Perry
    kk rob
    +1
    I heard Arnel sing and honestly I am happy for him. It is probably a dream come true for him. However, there is absolutely no one that can cut through to the core of my being like Steve Perry.
  • please 2010/10/09 23:23:57 (edited)
    Steve Perry
    please
    +1
    No contest , no one can touch Steve Perry. He is the legend and the voice. Oh and the experts recently named Perry the #1 AOR vocalist of ALL TIME.
  • rob woodruff 2010/08/03 18:46:21
    Steve Perry
    rob woodruff
    +1
    No BRAINER. It's great what Journey did for Arnel, but what were they thinking? Reminds me of American Idol...
  • RalfGuiapz 2010/04/16 12:34:16
    Arnel Pineda
    RalfGuiapz
    +2
    they are both great singers, but arnel is better..
    don;t listen to fans coz they can't judge well...
    just listen to the music experts coz they are the experts in music...haha
    here is the answer,

http://answers.yahoo.com/ques...
  • Stephen 2010/03/01 19:09:36
    Arnel Pineda
    Stephen
    +3
    Arnel Pineda. Yeah, Steve Perry is great we know that. You old hags should start being open minded and see how good Arnel is. Listen to the REAL music critics, not just fans.
  • Barney Stephen 2013/02/16 01:36:53
    Barney
    Allow me to comment on things that are said with the two singers I have seen Journey three times in concert two with Arnel and one with Steve Augeri and I have to say regardless of you so called experts Steve Perry can not and will not be replaced by Arnel while he sings extraordinarily live lately he has come to be obnoxiously loud, and while I regret not seeing Steve erry in concert with Journey it would have been awesome. I go to these concerts and I enjoy them, but leave a little disappointed because of that fact that Journey is not Journey with Steve Perry. They are just a band singing his songs!
  • StephenRayPerry lover 2010/01/24 21:30:03
    Steve Perry
    StephenRayPerry lover
    +3
    Without a doubt and without hesitation...STEVE PERRY! He will always be better than any of the current or past cover band singers. Journey should be Gourney with a "G". "G" for generic cover band. He is "THE VOICE" and always will be. No one could fill his bath water let alone his shoes. Rock on Steve Perry! You have the voice of an angel. Amazing and effortless.
  • baby ann sapla 2010/01/07 11:24:01
    Steve Perry
    baby ann sapla
    +3
    no ene can beat my one n only steve perry his owesome
  • kathy boyd 2010/01/01 19:00:33
    Steve Perry
    kathy boyd
    +2
    what are you people thinking. NO ONE AND I mean NO ONE can take the place of Mr. Steve Perry or even come close to his talent. I am of the same generation as to when they JOURNEY started. So please quit asking such crazy questions
  • RT 2009/12/09 20:09:59
    Steve Perry
    RT
    +1
    Steve Perry is a legend
  • steve warburton 2009/11/20 10:44:27
    Steve Perry
    steve warburton
    +1
    THE original vs a karaoke singer. Unfortunately for Arnel, this is one he is never going to win (jealous, moi?)
  • Shiela Jekins 2009/11/01 18:50:40
    Steve Perry
    Shiela Jekins
    Hey "Billy Hawkins"...... I checked out your guy "jt cool nm" on youtube. He's really good. i just wander how much better his voice would sound with music playing behind it. because you never hear steve perry singing without music.:-)
  • Rick 2009/10/29 18:25:23
    Steve Perry
    Rick
    +1
    Silly question. Steve Perry is a vocal demigod.
  • canuhearmecallin 2009/10/27 12:35:12
    Steve Perry
    canuhearmecallin
    Steve Perry projects emotion straight to the soul of the listener and does it with a very intense, yet graceful fashion. The most powerful form of magic I have been privileged to witness. Given the opportunity he could cause The Ice Princess to have a meltdown!
  • Bill Hawkins 2009/10/26 23:57:03
    Steve Perry
    Bill Hawkins
    I'm telling you guys!!!!! This guy can out sing the both of these cats!!! If you dont believe me then See 4 your self.
    go to you tube and punch in: "jt cool nm warmup" Hes 10 times more versatile than the both of em'.
  • joey 2009/10/19 12:55:21
    Steve Perry
    joey
    +3
    cmon dont be idiots if steve perry came back to journey the band would skyrocket just like a snap trust me!
  • pricklyp09 2009/10/14 05:33:00
    Arnel Pineda
    pricklyp09
    Arnel is better and more versatile. He can sing all types of songs. He has more soul.
  • Riley 2009/10/11 21:32:01 (edited)
    Steve Perry
    Riley
    steve perry makes arnel look like crap
  • Bill Ha... Riley 2009/10/25 21:58:28
    Bill Hawkins
    Hey man…. Before you go and make a permanent vote on who’s the best you need to do your home work. Because there are other people who can sing even better, Stronger and sweeter than Steve Perry himself!!!! And make journey really soar!!!! I'm kinda' new at this internet thing so i was wandering if you could tell (all) of your friends to go to youtube and check this dude out 4 me. just tell them 2 punch in; jt cool nm warmup of Steve Perry. And check him out 4 their selves. This dude is really good because he can sing and play. Thanks dude.:-)
  • Riley Bill Ha... 2009/10/27 03:46:43
    Riley
    +1
    okay but steve perry has been renowned as the great vocalist of all time hes the #1 in the top 3 singer in hall of fame (of course next to sinatra)
  • Bill Ha... Riley 2009/10/25 21:59:22
    Bill Hawkins
  • Badgerman 2009/10/11 08:35:43
    Arnel Pineda
    Badgerman
    +1
    Arnel can sing like various artists and has way better stage presence than SP. Perry just wimped out and got replaced by a better frontman. Next time Stevieboy won't think he's irreplaceable.
  • Ray Montes 2009/09/28 16:08:58
    Arnel Pineda
    Ray Montes
    +1
    I much as I like Steve Perry, Arnel Pineda is much better. Besides its been a while since we heard `The Voice' sing. To really compare them is to have a showdown between the two of them and they could out wail each other. Then and then can we tell who is better.
  • Riley Ray Montes 2009/10/11 21:34:39
    Riley
    +1
    dude steve perry is considered one of the most talented singer of all time no one is as good as him arnel pineda isnt nor will he ever e as good as him steve has been gone from journey for what? 15-20 years and hes still famous journey without him is like guns n roses without axel nothing can replace him.
  • joey Riley 2009/10/19 12:58:48
    joey
    +1
    I AGREE:)
  • Ray Montes Riley 2009/12/11 18:01:13
    Ray Montes
    +1
    Riley, Steve Perry is one of the most talented singer of all time. You ask Arnel Pineda and he would agree. We haven't heard the voice for more than a decade and we don't know how he sound like now. Until then, just keep an open mind that journey is still around with arnel pineda and moving foward.
  • TheOtherMrsPerry 2009/09/11 18:24:41
    Steve Perry
    TheOtherMrsPerry
    +1
    We Love Steve Perry!

Just so you can see how much...please visit our website!

TheOtherMrsPerry.com
  • TheStock56 2009/09/01 17:39:36
    Steve Perry
    TheStock56
    Steve Perry by far. The heck ever heard of Arnel Pineda before he joined jounrney anyways?/

2014/07/31 17:40:19