Who remembers this great man, Maurice Sendak ?

BIG BAD JOHN R. 2012/05/08 17:32:01
Maurice Sendak, of course I remember him.
No, I have no idea who he was.
May I do  Maurice Sendak, wrote didn't he

Beloved author Maurice Sendak, who opened up children's imaginations with classics includingWhere The Wild Things Are and Little Bear, has died at 83.

Did you love the author? Here's more on Sendak that's buzzing online today:

--USA TODAY's Bob Minzesheimer'sobituary, Storify page, and a 2005 interview with Sendak.

-- "How much does it cost to get to where the wild things are? If it is not expensive, my sister and I want to spend the summer there. Please answer soon." – This letter from a seven-year-old boy to Maurice Sendak, and more fan mail, can be found on Letters of Note.

--Images from the textbook Atomics for the Millions, the very first book Sendak illustrated.

--Spike Jonze and Lance Bang's 2009 documentary, Tell Them Anything You Want: A Portrait of Maurice Sendak.

--Flavorwire's visual tribute to Sendak.

--And of course, Sendak's hysterical interviews with Stephen Colbert from earlier this year. (Part 1 and Part 2).

• Jan Haskell 2012/05/08 18:51:22
    Jan Haskell
    He was great, although I didn't discover him until later in life.
  • Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪ 2012/05/08 17:48:02
    Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪
    Wrote childrens books I recall Where The Wild Things Are (1963). My son liked it when he was young. It was rather radical for the time he wrote it. Hard to believe he was born in 1928. Most others did lullabies he did nightmares. Not bad, I guess he did write adult fiction also but, I have never read any of it.
  • miztemecula 2012/05/08 17:44:58 (edited)
    miztemecula
  • BIG BAD JOHN R. 2012/05/08 17:37:41
    No, I have no idea who he was.
    BIG BAD JOHN R.
    +1
    Sorry to say, I did not know who he was. When I was a child, I don't ever remember anyone reading to me and buying me books. As I grew up, my grandmother had a library at her house and I read he set of Sherlock Holmes by created by Scottish author and physician Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

2014/09/01 07:44:14