Who is God? Is he a physical entity, a super person, a designer of futures, an intelligence, a force, a system, an energy, a trickster with a lousy sense of humor?

ANGEL 2012/01/28 08:46:21
Different people have a different concept of God. (Obviously, Atheists don't believe in God) However, whatever religion you are involved in, Scientology, Christianity, Judaism, Hindu, etc., or if you are not involved in an organized religion, but still have a belief in God - Who is God to you? Is he a physical entity, a super person, a designer of futures, an intelligence, a force, a system, an energy, a trickster with a lousy sense of humor?

• ElijahHu 2014/07/07 01:06:45
    ElijahHu
    I Am Unitarian Christian, Still Fully Believe In SuperNatural Things, I Believe In He (God) Is One All-Powerful SuperNatural Physical Entity With One Nature Greater Than A Super Person , He Is Not A System, He Is Not Designer Of Futures, He Is Not An Intelligence, He Is Not A Force, He Is Not An Energy, He Is Not A Trickster With A Lousy Sense Of Humor.
  • Bocephus 2012/02/01 16:54:01
  • Zody Honeybee 2012/01/28 19:07:49
    Zody Honeybee
    There is nothing so arrogant than man thinking he is the highest form of intelligence life in the universe.
  • HarryPalms Zody Ho... 2012/01/28 21:03:58 (edited)
    HarryPalms
    Nobody mentioned man as the highest form of intelligent life in the universe.
  • Zody Ho... HarryPalms 2012/01/29 15:30:47
    Zody Honeybee
    Look around at some of the answers
  • HarryPalms Zody Ho... 2012/01/29 15:57:45
    HarryPalms
    They deny the existence of gods not that of other life more intelligent that us.
  • Zody Ho... HarryPalms 2012/01/30 14:41:43
    Zody Honeybee
    And without God, how was the human race created? We were not intelligent enough to create ourselves
  • HarryPalms Zody Ho... 2012/01/30 18:19:30
    HarryPalms
    Your initial statement wasn't about the creation of the human race but about intelligent life in our universe nor did it mention a god or gods. BTW your last statement is invalid as something cannot create itself.
    I assume a high possibility of more intelligent (alien) life in our universe. That was my point. I'm not a creationist so I do not believe in the concept of a god as sentient creator of all that exists. Nor would I call a race of super intelligent aliens gods in case one created us. I believe life to be the product a near infinite recombination and rearrangement of atoms into organic molecules, macro molecules and consequential organisms as organised entities that strive for survival. An infinitly more interesting part is the universe itself. Wondering if it has always been, occured out of nothing or is in a superstate of existence and non-exitence at the same time. If it is an oscillating entity or answers to different laws of physics. I'm not trying to contest your believes, just wanted to share thoughts. Its an interesting subject and provides more food for thought than one can be handled in a lifetime.
  • Zody Ho... HarryPalms 2012/01/31 03:49:16
    Zody Honeybee
    Yes, something out of nothing is food for thought
  • HarryPalms Zody Ho... 2012/01/31 11:53:00 (edited)
    HarryPalms
    +1
    Try it. See if it fits with your believes. Is your god something out of nothing or has it always been and is there anything beyond. Things exist, yes. But from what point of origin. Or is origin merely a human concept that allows our brain to comprehend the existence of things. I guess religious people must've thought about these things thoroughly.
  • Zody Ho... HarryPalms 2012/01/31 14:29:14
    Zody Honeybee
    +1
    To my way of thinking, origin is merely a human concept.
    I don't believe in religion, I do not believe God to be a religion.
    My God is eternal, He is spirit. And the way I understand it, created everything from thought.
  • Headhunter 13 2012/01/28 14:34:32
    Headhunter 13
    All gods are the same man made myths with no reality at all.
  • Bingo's Faddah 2012/01/28 13:44:50
    Bingo's Faddah
    +1
    Not who, but what.

That which created time.
  • rightside 2012/01/28 11:46:40
    rightside
    Creator, Father, always there, all knowing. Loving Father
    +3
    A spoiled brat that SERIOUSLY needs to GROW UP.
  • Reality-Check 2012/01/28 09:53:33
    Reality-Check
    +4
    gods are man made entities, used by those who wish to control the weak minded..
  • Lady Wh... Reality... 2012/01/28 10:31:02
    +3
    agreed
  • sczen8 2012/01/28 09:51:00
    sczen8
    +2
    A spirit... creator.. many think he's an alien--all-powerful.. well if he is..so be it--but you'd have to be a fool to think THAT NOTHING'S GOING ON--THAT IT'S ALL COINCIDENTAL... YEH-RIGHT! Scientifically-it can't be ALL coincidental..and even some ofthe greatest minds/scientists and philosophers doubt there is one. To me--he is an all-energy/all-powerful being in spirit i would say.
  • santanasmooth 2012/01/28 08:55:12
    santanasmooth
    +1
    An entity made up in peoples heads to get them through rough times.
  • john 2012/01/28 08:54:35
    john
    +1
    I think god is a higher being in heaven, but will only find out for certain when we cross over to the other side

2014/08/23 19:25:18