"WHITE STUDENT BEATEN ON SCHOOL BUS; CROWD CHEERS" Gee I wonder what this WHITE boy did to get beat up?

XENON23 2009/09/15 16:58:17
He was being white
Call the other boy a bad name
Too much South Park
God started it
I think that....
"BELLEVILLE -- A Belleville police spokesman now says an incident where a white student was beaten by teen black assailants on a bus “may not be racially motivated.”

“It was premature on my part,” said Belleville Police Capt. Don Sax. “It was my personal and emotional comment after only seeing the video briefly.”

Sax said police interviewed the 17-year-old Belleville West High student. However, he said he was unaware of what the student told police.

Some of the students on the bus yesterday during the incident cheered the beating, the video shows.

Sax said a formal statement would be made available later today.

“After having reviewed the video, it doesn't strike me nearly as racially motivated,” Sax said.

The about-face came this morning as the story made national headlines. Although, Sax said it was purely his review of the video that changed his mind.

Belleville has had a long history of racial turmoil, with a past that includes police harassment of black motorists, cross burnings and discrimination in city hiring.

The divide began a century ago, in 1903, when a black man was lynched by a mob of 5,000 people in the town square, set on fire and dismembered."

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/illinoisnew...

• mr. t XENON23 2009/09/16 09:23:17
    mr. t
    +4
    No that would be a hanging. A lynching is when a person is beat(often to the point of death) by a mob, a term mostley associated with the treatment of blacks durring the civil rights movement in the south.
  • XENON23 mr. t 2009/09/16 09:25:50
    XENON23
    +3
    lynching and Hanging are the same thing.
  • mr. t XENON23 2009/09/16 09:32:47
    mr. t
    +5
    No they are not. A few may have been hung after they had been beaten, but that does not make them the same, there where thousands of lynchings durring that time period, and only a few hangings.
  • two tho... mr. t 2009/09/16 14:43:07
    two thousand and ten dreams
    +1
    you're wrong. he's right. look it up.
  • Unnamed 2009/09/16 03:41:34
    I think that....
    Unnamed
    +1
    The race baiting comes from the fact that there was a significant no. of both "black" and "white," as well as kids that wouldn't fit into either trite description on the bus, and that from what I see, only about one third of the kids at most were cheering it on, and that several kids of all descriptions showed obviously negative feelings about the attack. There wasn't any racial element to it, other than the fact that the bus had kids of different "race" on the bus. The reaction was very typical for a fight of middle school/high school kids (unfortunately). Too bad the Raw Story article doesn't back up their assertion more positively in the article.
    middle schoolhigh school kids raw story article assertion positively article
  • XENON23 Unnamed 2009/09/16 08:52:58
    XENON23
    +1
    and your point?
  • Unnamed XENON23 2009/09/16 16:31:18
    Unnamed
    What was your point replying to it!
  • Fuzzysdad 2009/09/16 03:22:25
    He was being white
    Fuzzysdad
    +2
    They are Racist
  • Jet Jagger 2009/09/16 03:22:13 (edited)
    I think that....
    Jet Jagger
    +5
    Until aliens land on this planet from another one, racism will always exist between human beings. And just because aliens land here doesn't mean human racism will stop. It'll just mean there'll be one more group of beings who "look a little different, talk a little different" for some of us humans to hate.

Let's be real folks: Racism will never end. It has existed on this planet as an inherent part of human territorial instinct. If your skin color isn't desired, then it's your religion. If your clothing style isn't desired, then it's your music. I know that religion, clothes and music aren't necessarily "race-related", but they are often "race-associated"....and that's close enough.

For those of you who think racism will ever end on planet Earth, I've got 50,000 years of history to prove you wrong. No, that doesn't make YOU a racist, but pure RACISM will never end.

Get used to it. Just get the monkey off your back and pick your side now, even if your side is against racism. A race war is coming. There are parties on both sides who want to see a war, and many that don't.

-
  • G-Rod Jet Jagger 2009/09/16 08:23:38 (edited)
    G-Rod
    +2
    I see. Sooo since the dawn of man there has been racsim even though at the dawn of man, we all looked exactly alike? Yes there will probably always be racist people. But it is my belief that one day so many people will see one another as simply "people" that that small margin of racists will be so miniscual that it won't matter any longer. As for the whole Helter Skelter "race war" scenario, the time when a race war was most likely to happen is gone now. That was after the Civil War, when the slaves were freed. The idea of "Helter Skelter" now is higly unlikely, unless white people suddenly try to reform the slave trade. Also highly unlikely. The day is coming when we, as a species, can look past our petty differences and see the greater good ahead of us.
  • Jet Jagger G-Rod 2009/09/16 09:41:01 (edited)
    Jet Jagger
    +2
    G-Rod said: "Sooo since the dawn of man there has been racsim even though at the dawn of man, we all looked exactly alike?"

Modern Homosapiens have been on Earth dating as far back as 195,000 years according to fossil records though recorded history dates back to only about 6,000 years. If you think that we all looked alike 50,000 years ago, then you need to relearn Paleontology 101.

G-Rod said: "But it is my belief that one day so many people will see one another as simply "people" that that small margin of racists will be so miniscual that it won't matter any longer."

It is my hope that I will one own this car....

...but it isn't going to happen.

G-Rod said: "As for the whole Helter Skelter "race war" scenario, the time when a race war was most likely to happen is gone now. That was after the Civil War, when the slaves were freed."

Race wars have existed since history was recorded whether it was Moors vs. Christians or North vs. South or African Apartheid or WWII or any number of race wars. Sorry to burst your bubble, but the scenario keeps rearing its ugly head.

G-Rod said: "The day is coming when we, as a species, can look past our petty differences and see the greater good ahead of us."

That's called "being deceased".

Give it time ~ history reality will ev...

g-rod belief people simply people margin racists miniscual hope car
    ...but it isn't going to happen.

That's called "being deceased".

Give it time ~ history reality will eventually sink in to your naive (though good-intentioned) brain.

-
  • G-Rod Jet Jagger 2009/09/16 09:54:11
    G-Rod
    +2
    Well there's no way to know for sure what homosapiens looked like back then. I have no idea where the car came from (nice expensive pile of metal by the way) but I know that realizing mankind is starting to come to its senses when it comes to people getting along and working together is not at all naive. How long were people saying that the apartheid would remian in place for dozens of ganerations when it only made it through 4? How long were people saying that Obama would be killed before he could even take office? By the way, The Civil War and War II were not race wars. The slave trade and the Holocaust may have been race-related but the wars were not.I dont believe that everyone on the planet will have to die before we realize that racism is simply ignorant and non-productive.
  • Jet Jagger G-Rod 2009/09/16 10:13:09
    Jet Jagger
    +2
    G-Rod said: "By the way, The Civil War and War II were not race wars. The slave trade and the Holocaust may have been race-related but the wars were not."

Exactly. Race wars usually start over something like "rights" and "territory"....or "health care".

Catch my drift?

-
  • G-Rod Jet Jagger 2009/09/16 21:53:30
    G-Rod
    +1
    The last real "race war" that I can think of is the American Indian Wars of the 1800s.
  • Anouser G-Rod 2009/09/16 12:31:59
    Anouser
    +2
    The Holocaust was of both ethnic, and race related, a little of religious and political -- ethnics blamed from political gain. Slavery was not race based. Racism is the product of slavery.
  • martiebaby Anouser 2009/09/17 19:20:26
    martiebaby
    +1
    Anouser, I think a lot of your comments on here are good ones, but I respectfully disagree, I do think slavery was race based in the case of American slavery. I think that the whites thought the black people were "lesser people" and they could treat them with less humanity. But you are right about most slavery. Most people forget that slavery has existed throughout humanity over thousands of years, and ALL races have been enslaved at one time or another, some even by their own race. Slavery is not a black/white issue, it's an issue involving man's inhumanity to man, man's inability to recognize the humanity of others, of being indifferent to the suffering of others, and plain ol' selfishness and greed. I don't think racism is a product of slavery since it's not always different races involved, racism is a product of ignorance, the bastard child of unthinking people.
  • unicorn... Jet Jagger 2009/09/16 10:09:33 (edited)
    unicorn_lady1
    +1
    "Get used to it. Just get the money off your back and pick your side now, even if your side is against racism. A race war is coming. There are parties on both sides who want to see a war, and many that don't. "

No! I will not get used to it. When I see calls of racism - I will evaluate them. Just as I would evalutate any incident. With my own eyes, ears, and intellect. As I believe our Country as a whole is no longer racist, as I believe that a small minority of sick people still are... I say to you ... NO there will NOT be a race war no matter how hard the politicians are working for it.

I say that the Majority of people in our great country won't LET that happen. Black and White people are NOT stupid. They live here, work here, survive here. They Know this is not the case. There may be pockets of racism - I pity those people their ignorance. I believe strongly that the people of this great nation will not have a race war.

Someone wants us fighting - who, why, to what end? .. Find the answer to that!
  • Jet Jagger unicorn... 2009/09/16 11:26:09
    Jet Jagger
    +3
    unicorn said: "NO there will NOT be a race war no matter how hard the politicians are working for it."

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. That was EXACTLY the point I wanted people to realize. It seems that racial tensions are growing over politicians pushing race.

-
  • Anouser unicorn... 2009/09/16 12:33:23
    Anouser
    +1
    Racism has just taken a new form is all. It evolved from lynchings to unequal health care, education, etc.
  • unicorn... Anouser 2009/09/16 12:50:36
    unicorn_lady1
    +2
    Has it?
    Perhaps you are right - I have a Latino friend, she is wondrous, brilliant. She has a masters - she is a scientist. All of her education was paid for, her housing, her books, her food, because she is Latino. I don't begrude her that - the world is a better place because she was given opportunity.

I have a White friend - a young male, who is wondrous and brilliant.. - who is working his fingers to the bone - going to school online - because he cannot afford to any other way. He can get no help - he is a white male. Yes, I believe you may be right 0.0 There is unequal education going on.

Unequal healthcare? You find a hospital that won't treat a person because of race - please let us all know - that is an outrage!
  • Anouser unicorn... 2009/09/16 13:36:37
    Anouser
    +1
    Ever watch "Black in America" on CNN?

But, yeah I agree on the Latino verses White thing -- affirmative action stinks...er...I mean discrimination action.
  • unicorn... Anouser 2009/09/16 14:55:04
    unicorn_lady1
    +1
    No - honestly I have never seen that program. :(
  • Anouser unicorn... 2009/09/16 15:03:57
    Anouser
    +1
    Well, there goes your source. Actually, it's "Black in America 2".
  • Anouser Jet Jagger 2009/09/16 12:29:54
    Anouser
    +1
    The problem with race wars is that they never end. There has been a race war that has started probably as far back as the 1700s. It's called the Dirty War. This war is a mental and emotional war fought between blacks and whites. Whites on top use different methods to metaphorically "hang" blacks with unequal health benefits, insurance, education, and a biased media and militia. Blacks will discriminate against lighter and darker pigmented blacks, as an attempt to "purify" their own, as whites will do as well concerning the curliness of hair.

As far as race wars erupting where people take to the streets in groups to kill and harm one another, that's been happening in well, and in different situations. It depends on where one lives to see racial and ethnic wars brewing between people. Mexican verses black gangs and mafias. White verses Asian mobs in California. Latinos and blacks combined to fight and even kill white people. The list goes on.
  • ♥N A♥ 2009/09/16 02:56:32
    He was being white
    ♥N A♥
    +6
    Why is it when black students jump a white kid it isnt racially motivated but when it is the other way around it is ALWAYS racially motivated and labeled as a hate crime?

There was one high school I went to that was very evenly mixed. Half white and half black. If you werent black and you were in the front of the line to get on the bus you would get beat up by the black kids. They would bring up the Rosa Parks bus incident and then say it was black peoples turn to go sit on the bus and whites to stand up.
  • Eric ~ ... ♥N A♥ 2009/09/16 02:57:44 (edited)
    Eric ~ The Logician
    Well yeah, payback is what equality is all about...

yeah payback equality
  • Catlover Eric ~ ... 2009/09/16 03:14:39
    Catlover
    +3
    could be. or perhaps blacks are tired of white people thinking that they can do whatever the helll they want
  • Jet Jagger Catlover 2009/09/16 03:35:01
    Jet Jagger
    +6
    Are you f*cking kidding me? Standing in a school bus line is "white people doing what they want"?

-
  • Anouser Jet Jagger 2009/09/16 12:34:19
    Anouser
    +1
    She's talking about white privilege.
  • Catlover Anouser 2009/09/16 14:50:37
    Catlover
    thank you - yes, I am. and if no one on this page wants to admit it - than they have never seen a minority friend be beaten or harrassed just because the color of their skin...
  • Anouser Catlover 2009/09/16 15:04:27
    Anouser
    Here's a link you can poll about.

http://www.ajc.com/news/clayt...
  • Catlover Anouser 2009/09/16 15:09:37
    Catlover
    +1
    wow, so sad - such hate
  • Anouser Catlover 2009/09/16 15:10:41
    Anouser
    +1
    Ah, but that's what many humans do best.
  • martiebaby Catlover 2009/09/16 17:22:18
    martiebaby
    +2
    why does it matter to you what color a person's skin is? I don't want to see any human being (or any living creature) to be beaten, what is wrong with you, don't you have a conscience? you have the gall to tell people to "think" when you obviously checked in your brain and forgot to pick it up.
  • Catlover martiebaby 2009/09/16 17:34:15
    Catlover
    it has never mattered to me what color a person's skin is...you come across with a bad chip on your shoulder dear.
  • martiebaby Catlover 2009/09/16 18:15:00
    martiebaby
    +2
    funny, that's exactly what I was thinking about you when you just started bashing everybody else
  • Catlover martiebaby 2009/09/16 23:58:17
    Catlover
    I don't think I was bashing....but your negative perception is to be expected...
  • martiebaby Catlover 2009/09/17 06:25:11
    martiebaby
    +1
    Catlover replied to Anouser... posted 15 hours ago
    wow, so sad - such hate

Catlover replied to martiebaby posted 15 hours ago
    think martiebaby - it would help you

Catlover replied to wolfshadow posted 15 hours ago
    I don't think you should be raising ANY children...you are so racist and hateful

Catlover replied to Indepne... posted 15 hours ago
    wolfie is ignorant - don't waste your time

sure hope you don't have any "black" children living with you....that would be a shame -

Oh, yeah, sorry, there goes my negative perception kicking up again, my bad?
  • Catlover martiebaby 2009/09/17 14:43:33 (edited)
    Catlover
    all FACTS - very good on your copy/paste skill dear...
    ***clapping***
    PS: I NEVER regret anything I say....unlike YOU, I think before I type...;)
  • martiebaby Catlover 2009/09/17 15:12:16
    martiebaby
    +1
    Yes, I know you do, you think hateful thoughts and then you type them. Wow, such a wonderful example to humanity.

2014/08/27 13:17:48