Which one would you choose?

teigan 2012/08/14 21:26:00
The baby in my lap
The baby in my womb
Neither, babies are a gift from God

A worried woman went to her gynecologist and said: 'Doctor, I have a serious problem and desperately need your help! My baby is not even 1 year old and I'm pregnant again. I don't want kids so close together. So the doctor said: 'Ok and what do you wan...t me to do?' She said: 'I want you to end my pregnancy, and I'm counting on your help with this.' The doctor thought for a little, and after some silence he said to the lady: 'I think I have a better solution for your problem. It's less dangerous for you too.' She smiled, thinking that the doctor was going to accept her request. Then he continued: 'You see, in order for you not to have to take care 2 babies at the same time, let's kill the one in your arms. This way, you could rest some before the other one is born. If we're going to kill one of them, it doesn't matter which one it is. There would be no risk for your body if you chose the one in your arms. The lady was horrified and said: 'No doctor! How terrible! It's a crime to kill a child! 'I agree', the doctor replied. 'But you seemed to be OK with it, so I thought maybe that was the best solution.' The doctor smiled, realizing that he had made his point. He convinced the mom that there is no difference in killing a child that's already been born and one that's still in the womb. The crime is the same! If you agree, please SHARE. Together we can help save precious lives! "Love says I sacrifice myself for the good of the other person. Abortion says I sacrifice the other person for the good of myself..." Jesus sacrificed Himself for the good of sinners! That's perfect love! -unkown

• Christy 2012/08/14 23:55:30
    Christy
    +14
    I would choose an abortion, and go to a doctor that had some semblance of professionalism rather than a self-righteous quack.

choose abortion doctor semblance professionalism self-righteous quack

• Alexander T Steward 2012/08/19 18:45:56
  • texasred 2012/08/18 23:51:21
    Neither, babies are a gift from God
    texasred
    +1
    I just wish more people realized that babies are a gift from God.
  • Suzie 2012/08/16 18:27:49
    Neither, babies are a gift from God
    Suzie
    +1
    My daughters are 13 months apart...a gift from God and thought of abortion never entered my mind. They are now 29 and 30 years old and have been a blessing to us.
  • Eireann Sheridan 2012/08/16 15:07:41
    Neither, babies are a gift from God
    Eireann Sheridan
    +1
    Neither. I disagree with abortions and could never kill my baby. Besides, I love babies x
  • Aaron~The Guardian Angel 2012/08/16 04:17:02 (edited)
    Aaron~The Guardian Angel
    +1
    Killing the baby in her arm would be infanticide and killing the one in the womb would be abortion, either criminal or non-criminal. So they're different crimes, different charges and different punishments. I don't understand the abortion laws in your country but here, only therapeutic abortion is allowed for no other reason but for some particular physical and mental conditions of the mother.
    Honestly speaking I don't totally agree with our country's abortion law as it obviously does not take social reasons into consideration but sometimes unwanted pregnancy can result from the woman's carelessness....I mean a lot of simple and cheap contraception methods are available nowadays, aren't they?
    So do you think it is fair to put the blame on the innocent babies and make them suffer or is it just me having irrational ideas?
  • teigan Aaron~T... 2012/08/16 15:27:57
    teigan
    +2
    Using birth control is a pretty rational idea. Taking responsibility for ones actions is too. Unfortunatley we have a great deal of irresponsible and irrrational people here. Too many people here believe that a fetus is not a person and can be tossed away like garbage. Sad commentary on our country. Thanks for your response.
  • kcandi 2012/08/15 21:17:23
    The baby in my lap
    kcandi
    The baby in my lap is a breathing, already living human being. A fetus is not. No matter what the pro-lifers try to say.
  • Suzie kcandi 2012/08/16 23:00:21
    Suzie
    +1
    You were a fetus at one time...and wow...how could world have survived without you?
  • kcandi Suzie 2012/08/16 23:06:20
    kcandi
    Oh, I'm sure the world can get along just fine without me. And yes, I was a fetus at one time. Your point?
  • Suzie kcandi 2012/08/16 23:08:24 (edited)
    Suzie
    +1
    Everyone has a voice...unfortunatly the unborn don't...so with that said, who spoke for you when you were a fetus? Oh wait you probably were just a blob of nothing, no a human being yet?
  • kcandi Suzie 2012/08/16 23:10:54
    kcandi
    The unborn, especially an embryo, cannot speak for itself because it is not viable. A woman needs to be able to speak for herself before she can speak for an unborn fetus.
  • teigan kcandi 2012/08/17 02:34:38
    teigan
    +1
    It's viable until it is killed or the mother miscarries.
  • kcandi teigan 2012/08/17 16:07:09
    kcandi
    But the already living, breathing that are already living are more viable.
  • Jenna ☮♡ッ 2012/08/15 16:27:47
    The baby in my lap
    Jenna ☮♡ッ
    I would have the abortion.
  • Suzie Jenna ☮♡ッ 2012/08/16 22:59:42
    Suzie
    +1
    Geeze, maybe your mom should have aborted you!
  • kcandi Suzie 2012/08/16 23:08:35
    kcandi
    +2
    Nice comeback. If you don't believe in abortions, don't have one. But being rude to those who are pro choice just shows a genuine lack of maturity.
  • Jenna ☮♡ッ kcandi 2012/08/17 18:55:18
    Jenna ☮♡ッ
    +1
    Agreed! Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, its a shame some people can't understand that.
  • manendu 2012/08/15 15:50:15
    Neither, babies are a gift from God
    manendu
    +2
    It's a murder, don't do it!!!!!
  • Eddie 2012/08/15 14:48:39
    Eddie
    +1
    While I do believe that abortion is an appropriate option in extreeme situations. This isn't one of those situations. People know how pregnancy occurs. It's not a mystery and there are numerous measures a person, man or woman, can pursue to avoid it.
    Few people are ever "ready" to have a child. Much less another one close on the heels of the last one. But life is a fluid thing and people adjust to the realities that life presents them with. People need to focus more on what they can do than on what they can't. You provide the effort and trust to God to provide the opportunities.
  • Ninjaman 2012/08/15 13:29:56
    Neither, babies are a gift from God
    Ninjaman
    +1
    there are plenty of things to do nowadays to not get pregnant in the first place. killing and unborn child is still killing.
  • John "By God" American 2012/08/15 13:07:11
    Neither, babies are a gift from God
    John "By God" American
    +1
    It speaks for itself, no comment necessary!!!
  • Katfish 2012/08/15 12:43:58
    The baby in my womb
    Katfish
    Babies are too close? Really? Is that your impression of why women seek abortions?
    There is a long way between a fertilized egg and a fetus in the last trimester. Somewhere in that span it should become illegal.
    +2
    What Cellar Door said....
  • ed 2012/08/15 11:42:30
    ed
    +2
    I'd keep them both
  • JAA 2012/08/15 09:54:05 (edited)
    The baby in my lap
    JAA
    +2
    The baby in the womb does not have a soul, but the one in the lap most definitely was given one at birth, as are all of God's children. And yes, I do "get it".
  • BritPunk 2012/08/15 08:50:45
    BritPunk
    +6
    "here is no difference in killing a child that's already been born and one that's still in the womb. The crime is the same!"
    No it's not.
    Abortion is legal. Killing a 1 year is not. The doctor should be arrested for incetement/conspiracy to commit murder.
    Besides which, it is not the doctor's job to impose moral decisions on the patient.
  • KoAm 2012/08/15 05:33:25
    Neither, babies are a gift from God
    KoAm
    +2
    I would use the word "both" in this answer choice, not "neither."

Otherwise, great post!
  • teigan KoAm 2012/08/15 06:47:33
    teigan
    +1
    Point taken, but the doctor was asking which one she wanted to kill. :)
  • laydeelapis 2012/08/15 04:36:19 (edited)
    laydeelapis
    I completely disagree with the whole point of this post. But putting your "message" aside, and focusing just on your question, I would have the kid because her reasoning for not having the child is absurd. In reality, I don't want kids, so I would abort. But if I were the woman in the question, I would have already had a child. So why not have the second one if I was already planning on doing so in the future anyway. For that reason, I'd keep both.

Also, I have to say, this is the worst doctor in the world. I don't go to the doctor to get their opinion on my personal life. I want their medical opinion. If I were her, I'd find a new doctor.
  • teigan laydeel... 2012/08/15 05:07:12
    teigan
    +1
    Thank you for your opinion.
  • ★misfit★ 2012/08/15 03:24:38 (edited)
    Neither, babies are a gift from God
    ★misfit★
    +5
    I sway pro-life and would not get an abortion, BUT I have sympathy and understanding for the plight of women considering abortions. I don't feel this story fairly portrays the reasons why women choose to abort. Having two children too close in age is NOT a reason most women would even think of aborting. Try poverty, very young age, domestic abuse, rape...often more than one of these at a time. If you feel so strongly against abortion, why not stop yelling about how bad it is and actually DO something to give these women another option? You can volunteer at a crisis pregnancy center, donate to WIC, raise awareness about birth control, personally help a mom in crisis, or even *gasp* adopt the child you fought so hard to have born. If you don't believe those things are important, you aren't pro-life, you're just anti-abortion. (This is going out to all who love to shame women who have abortions, not necessarily the OP.)
    I would recommend the movie "Bella" for a great true story of someone TRULY pro-life.
  • teigan ★misfit★ 2012/08/15 05:09:34
    teigan
    +2
    There is another option, adoption. There are thousand of people wanting to adopt.
  • ★misfit★ teigan 2012/08/15 14:24:41 (edited)
    ★misfit★
    Yes, and I mentioned that. I'm just pointing out that so often, pro-life people would never consider adopting a child.
  • rightside ★misfit★ 2012/08/15 15:28:54
    rightside
    +1
    What? Pro-lie people would never adopt? Where would you get that idea?
  • teigan rightside 2012/08/15 16:52:04
    teigan
    +1
    That's a pat arguement, nobody ever backs it up.
  • ★misfit★ rightside 2012/08/15 20:09:57
    ★misfit★
    Did I say that pro-life people NEVER adopt? Nope. I was just saying that a lot of the people who scream about abortion and shame women who get them would never consider adopting. That's all.
  • rightside ★misfit★ 2012/08/15 20:14:37
    rightside
    +1
    And that's a made up thing in your head, because you don't know what you're talking about.
  • ★misfit★ rightside 2012/08/16 02:45:33
    ★misfit★
    Yes I do, I'm basing what I'm saying on comments I've personally heard from people who call themselves pro-life. I'm not advocating abortion, just relaying a problem I've witnessed. You don't have to be so defensive.
  • teigan ★misfit★ 2012/08/16 02:48:24
    teigan
    I'm not being defensive, I'm disputing your facts. There are plenty of reason which I've pointed out why people cannot adopt. That does not mean they are not entitled to their beliefs.
  • ★misfit★ teigan 2012/08/16 02:58:44
    ★misfit★
    That comment was not written to you. It was written to "rightside."

2014/08/01 09:57:36