Which GOD does the phrase "in God we Trust" is associated with?

bob 2012/06/22 16:48:35
The Goddess and God
The God of the abrahamic Religions
Pele perhaps
No GODs, Space Aliens
Hindu deities
All Gods or no Gods
The Great Spirit
My selection is ....
Mankind cannot define GOD. As life forms through reincarnation, Through out time We evolve along with our bodies

• Cyber Punk 2012/09/05 17:19:11
    Cyber Punk
    The word god is universal. Meaning a creator of this world and universe, but does not support many gods nor non-believe. Only one.
  • Tim 2012/08/23 17:37:32
    Tim
    Tell u the truth I don't care :/
  • Alummina 2012/06/24 22:35:01
    Alummina
    +1
    The Illuminati and their Devil.
  • edward mooney 2012/06/24 21:02:33 (edited)
    edward mooney
    The Dollar of the United States is talking The All Seeing Eye IDOL. Not the God of Abraham. This is Lucifer using the ancient Babylonian religion of Nimrod
  • edward ... edward ... 2012/06/24 21:06:51
    edward mooney
    CLICK TWICE READ FULL SIZE ON INTERNET EXPLORER

click read internet explorer
  • edward ... edward ... 2012/06/24 21:08:56
    edward mooney
    CLICK TWICE READ FULL SIZE ON INTERNET EXPLORER click read internet explorer
  • The_Infidel_Atheist 2012/06/24 03:44:53 (edited)
    The_Infidel_Atheist
  • poet4justice 2012/06/24 00:11:38
    Mankind cannot define GOD. As life forms through reincarnation, Through out t...
    poet4justice
    well that statement is mostly a traditional nothing to do with religion. Now where it is a problem is in pledge of allegiance.

1892

"I pledge allegiance to my flag and the republic for which it stands: one nation indivisible with liberty and justice for all."

1892 to 1923

"I pledge allegiance to my flag and to the republic for which it stands: one nation indivisible with liberty and justice for all."

1923 to 1924

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States and to the republic for which it stands: one nation indivisible with liberty and justice for all."

1924 to 1954

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands; one nation indivisible with liberty and justice for all."

1954 to Present

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
  • BritPunk poet4ju... 2012/06/25 19:13:38
    BritPunk
    Yep, Cold War rhetoric against them godless commies, I thought that was common knowledge.
  • rustex782 2012/06/23 20:28:18
    The God of the abrahamic Religions
    rustex782
    +1
    If I remember correctly. the Christians wanted to impose their faith on society and at some point in the late 50's in god we trust was printed on paper money and prior to that it was E pluribus unum "out of many, one.". In the 1800's some coins had the phrase but it was somewhat controversial
  • frank 2012/06/23 18:01:39
    frank
    It refers to; a god, an all mighty being, and a suprime being.
  • Freight85 2012/06/23 06:12:16
    Freight85
    Since the fiat money we use is printed by The Federal Reserve (a private bank), I'm guessing satan.
  • Jeff Smith 2012/06/23 05:09:27
    Jeff Smith
    Money God
  • Melicious Kiss of PHAET 2012/06/23 05:05:15
    All Gods or no Gods
    Melicious Kiss of PHAET
    It speaks of whatever higher power you choose or don't choose to worship.
  • DFA 2012/06/23 02:15:50
    My selection is ....
    DFA
  • Picasso's Cat 2012/06/23 01:49:56
    Picasso's Cat
    The word "GOD" on our money stands for Gold-Oil-Drugs, G.O.D.
    That's what we trust in.
  • Red 2012/06/23 01:23:31
  • My selection is ....
    ⚥Κόζμω Græme اليا Mongrain
    +1
    Gold, Oil & Drugs.
  • Picasso... ⚥Κόζμω ... 2012/06/23 01:51:54
  • DuncanONeil 2012/06/23 00:38:00
    DuncanONeil
    Really dumb Bob! There is only one God.
  • ⚥Κόζμω ... DuncanO... 2012/06/23 01:17:57
    ⚥Κόζμω Græme اليا Mongrain
    Kathenotheism, which one?
  • frank DuncanO... 2012/06/23 17:58:45
    frank
    +1
    I agree, he is known by many names.
  • Starman 2012/06/23 00:28:52
    Starman
    Jupiter, Amun Ra?
  • Odinsown 2012/06/23 00:15:30 (edited)
    The Great Spirit
    Odinsown
    +2
    If this was in the spirit of the founding fathers, many of whom were deist, than the great spirit is the closest, however as deists they didn't believe that God cared really what went down on earth.
  • ⚥Κόζμω ... Odinsown 2012/06/23 01:20:05
    ⚥Κόζμω Græme اليا Mongrain
    +1
    I'm somewhat between Deism & Theism,
    can vary depending on how well Man(kind) behaves.
    Check Judges.
  • Odinsown ⚥Κόζμω ... 2012/06/23 06:19:03
    Odinsown
    +1
    I am pagan, I grew up christian, and then i converted lol
  • ⚥Κόζμω ... Odinsown 2012/06/23 07:40:26
    ⚥Κόζμω Græme اليا Mongrain
    Probably in the neighborhood, heavy into Jung's Archetypes & Symbolism. Also watch the Planets & the Wheel of the Year, Lammas next. All I got from Catholic School is strange Biology
  • Odinsown ⚥Κόζμω ... 2012/06/23 07:47:15 (edited)
    Odinsown
    I learned that God cries when you touch yourself
  • johnnyg 2012/06/23 00:04:52
    My selection is ....
    johnnyg
    +1
    The federal reserve money god.
  • COMALite J 2012/06/22 22:15:55 (edited)
    The God of the abrahamic Religions
    COMALite J
    +1
    That was the express intent of the Knights of Columbus and other Christian groups that were the prime movers of this in the mid-1950s when that became our new, very deliberately exclusive National Motto, replacing the very deliberately inclusive Motto that the Founding Fathers had given us, and which even now has served our nation over thrice as long as this Johnny-come-lately Motto.

Note that both nationally broadcast color television and commercial jet airline travel are older than both this new Motto (and its subsequent appearance on U.S. currency) and the insertion of “…under God…” into the Pledge of Allegiance! There are still,even now, tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of American citizens, still of sound mind and memory, who were adults when those things happened! They remember before those things! These are not ancient traditions dating back to the Founding Fathers!

Even as written, even leaving out the intent of the KoC et al, it still clearly means only a single deity that is generally called “God.”

That said, the real problem with this Motto is not the word “God.” It’s the word We”! “In God We Trust”!

Just who are this “We”? American citizens? Then is this Motto not saying that only those who actually trust in (not merely believe in) specifically a single deity that is generally called “God” can even be considered American citzens? Are all others to be denied citizenship itself!?
  • rustex782 COMALite J 2012/06/23 20:57:08
    rustex782
    a lot of folks don't realize that. really its never discussed. i don't even recall it being in my history or government books when i was in school
  • COMALite J rustex782 2012/06/26 00:21:02 (edited)
    COMALite J
    Yep. I’ve actually heard people say that “…under God…” should be in the Pledge of Allegiance, because “it was good enough for the Founding Fathers.” Never mind that all of the Founding Fathers and most of their children were long since in their graves before even the original Pledge without “under God” (and some other changes) was written (by the Rev. Francis J. Bellamy in the aftermath of the Civil War), let alone that most recent modification thereto (which flew in the face of Bellamy’s whole point in writing the Pledge in the first place)!
  • rustex782 COMALite J 2012/06/26 00:54:27
    rustex782
    didnt the founding fathers flee here to get away from a harsh religious dictatorship style goverment?
  • COMALite J rustex782 2012/06/26 01:28:49 (edited)
    COMALite J
    +1
    Not quite. Remember that most of the Thirteen Colonies had been around awhile by the time of the Declaration of Independence and the Revolutionary War. The oldest permanent English settlement was Jamestown, in 1620. The Declaration was in 1776. The Constitution in 1787. To put that in perspective, Jamestown was about as long ago for the Founding Fathers as the Civil War is for us! Most of them were born here, not in England.

The Pilgrims (Puritans) came here shortly after Jamestown was established because they were basically kicked out of England for trying to take over and “purify” the Church of England to be the way they thought it should be. They were most definitely not interested in Freedom of Religion, at least not for anyone other than themselves.

When they got on the Mayflower, they found themselves in the minority, so they imposed the Mayflower Compact on the other voyagers (the majority), forcing them to obey the Puritan religion even if they weren’t Puritans. When they got here and founded the Massachusetts Colony, they made it very clear that one had to be a Puritan (not just Christian or even Protestant or even the Anglican branch of Protestantism) to even be a citizen of the colony.

You may also have heard of the Salem Witch Trials. Same people. Make no mistake: the...

You may also have heard of the Salem Witch Trials. Same people. Make no mistake: the Puritans were basically the Christian version of the Taliban (right down to the oppression of women, and execution of same for trumped-up charges).

Well over a century later, when the Founding Fathers were setting up the Constitution, they implemented Freedom of Religion largely because of the bad example that was the Puritans and the Massachusetts Colony! They did not want that sort of thing to happen again!
  • rustex782 COMALite J 2012/06/26 02:03:05
    rustex782
    that sounds right. i cant believe i forgot all that.
  • Curmudgeon 2012/06/22 21:52:14
    Curmudgeon
    +1
    Since no gods in human history have ever been shown to be real, I'm not sure which one the dollar bill refers to.
  • SamTheSlayer [Codename: Duc... 2012/06/22 21:46:37
    My selection is ....
    SamTheSlayer [Codename: Duchess]
    loki kneel
    Obviously the god of mischief!
  • psiEnergos 2012/06/22 21:16:55
    My selection is ....
    psiEnergos
  • ehrhornp 2012/06/22 21:15:03
    Pele perhaps
    ehrhornp
    +2
    As one born and raised in Hawaii, have to pick Pele. Pele who is making Hawaii bigger by the day and may someday give us a new island. :-)
  • ⚥Κόζμω ... ehrhornp 2012/06/23 01:24:11
    ⚥Κόζμω Græme اليا Mongrain
    In about 10-100,000 years. Please note, the volcano under Yellowstone could erupt soon & wipe 200 million Americans in days.

2014/09/02 02:04:03