Where's My Global Warming?!

Transquesta 2013/04/30 05:33:58
This is what you can expect when people make a religion out of pseudo-science.
What do global warming and a free America have in common?  They're both fairy tales.
How DARE you disbelieve global warming!?   You must be another Holocaust-denying flat-earther.
"Climate Change": Population control in drag.
Has anyone seen the global warming I was promised? I've been ROBBED! :-)

See also: http://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/04/29/russian-scientists-say-...

Article truncated.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Awful April: Spring hard to find across northern USA
Doyle Rice, USA TODAY6:40 p.m. EDT April 29, 2013
Several cities had their snowiest single month of all time in April.
snow s.d.

April has been a freakishly cold month across much of the northern USA, bringing misery to millions of sun-starved and winter-weary residents from the Rockies to the Midwest.

"The weather map ... looks like something out of The Twilight Zone," Minneapolis meteorologist Paul Douglas of WeatherNation TV wrote on his blog last week.

Record cold and snow has been reported in dozens of cities, with the worst of the chill in the Rockies, upper Midwest and northern Plains. Several baseball games have been snowed out in both Denver and Minneapolis.

Cities such as Rapid City, S.D.; Duluth, Minn.; and Boulder, Colo., have all endured their snowiest month ever recorded. (In all three locations, weather records go back more than 100 years.) In fact, more than 1,100 snowfall records and 3,400 cold records have been set across the nation so far in April, according to the National Climatic Data Center.

Unfortunately for warm-weather lovers, after some mild temperatures the past few days, the chill is forecast to return as the calendar turns to May: Accumulating snow is forecast overnight Tuesday night and Wednesday in Denver and in Minneapolis-St.Paul by Wednesday night and Thursday, said AccuWeather meteorologist Mark Paquette.

And across much of the central USA, temperatures will be from 25 to 45 degrees colder on Wednesday than they were Monday, according to AccuWeather. For instance, Denver should see a high of 35 degrees Wednesday, after a high near 80 on Monday.

As for the cause of the ongoing cold? A stuck weather pattern that's continued to funnel frigid air into the central USA from Canada for the past few months. Specifically, the troublemaker is what's known as a "blocking" area of high pressure over Greenland, eastern Canada and the North Atlantic Ocean, which favors a cold northwest flow of air over the central and eastern USA, Paquette said.

If you want warmth, he said, head west: Hot, dry, windy conditions will prevail this week in much of southern California and Arizona, where highs will top out in the 90s.

Meanwhile, in Minnesota, the snow, rain and sleet that has dragged well into April means money lost for golf courses that have been unable to open. Territory Golf Club director Doug Stang in St. Cloud was asked last week if he'll ever see anything like this spring again:

"I don't think so," he said. "This is just too bizarre."

John and Laura Reinhardt walk with umbrellas in the snow around Lake Nokomis in Minneapolis, Minn., on April 22.(Photo: Renee Jones Schneider, AP)

Other chilly April 2013 records, according to AccuWeather and the Weather Channel:

•Both Bismarck, N.D., and Pierre, S.D., had their snowiest Aprils on record.

•International Falls, Minn., recorded a low of just 4 degrees April 20. In records dating to 1897, it had never been this cold before this late in April.

•Baton Rouge: The low temperature bottomed out at 39 degrees on the morning of April 20. This was the lowest temperature ever recorded this far into the spring season.

•Sheridan, Wyo.: Had a bone-chilling low of -1 degree on the morning of April 23.

•Amarillo, Texas: The low temperature dropped to 21 degrees on April 24. This is the coldest Amarillo has been this late in the season in records dating to 1892.

•Fargo, N.D.: The first 50-degree or higher temperature reading of the year occurred April 26. Previously, since 1881, Fargo had never had to wait past April 17 to get at least one 50-degree day.

///

Read More: http://www.usatoday.com/story/weather/2013/04/29/c...

• Cat 2013/04/30 05:55:12
    Cat
    +7
    Haven't you heard? What was "the New Ice Age" to Jimmy Carter and "Global Warming" to Bill Clinton Is now "Global Climate Change" to our Community Organizer in Chief today.

• jon 2013/05/04 18:09:55
    jon
    +1
    Watch the other hand very carefully.
  • polock 2013/05/02 16:37:31
    What do global warming and a free America have in common? They're both fairy...
    polock
    +1
    America is as free as our gov't allows, global warming is similiar in as much as we are told want they want us to believe, to enrich those who play the game, example extraodinar, Al Gore.
  • ronbo51 2013/05/02 00:11:46
    ronbo51
    +1
    its right up Al Gore's rear end . right where he stores his wisdom! al gores rear stores wisdom
  • Michele_Henson 2013/05/02 00:07:13
    Michele_Henson
    +1
    OMG, I want #1, #2 & #3!
  • republican 2013/05/01 11:44:58
    republican
    +1
    I think global warming is taking a vacation in florida because it is HOT!!!
  • cddjmikey 2013/05/01 10:58:24
    cddjmikey
    +1
    It's in the same place as the second Ice Age we were supposedly headed for back in the seventies with scientific proof positive !
  • Blueberrysky 2013/05/01 10:29:31
    How DARE you disbelieve global warming!? You must be another Holocaust-deny...
    Blueberrysky
    +1
    Co2 is currently reading at 397.34 (ppm) parts per million. The world's most current data for atmospheric CO2 is measured at the Mauna Loa Observatoy in Hawaii. Measurements are made and reported independently by two scientific institutions: Scripps Institution of Oceanography and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). Science is our best tool for finding the truth and gathering facts.
  • Illuminatti 37° 2013/05/01 07:54:57
    Illuminatti 37°
    +1
    I have hoped to see some global warming for many years, not even a hint so far in the places I have lived. It was hot were hot is to be expected, cold where cold is to be expected, and changing seasons where seasons change. Nothing really out of the ordinary.
  • Elephant Lord 2013/05/01 02:43:44
    Elephant Lord
    +2
    I see this argument all the time, and it's stupid. "If global warming is real, why is it so cold outside? Ghaw!" And really, something that 97% of the world's scientists believe in is a pseudoscience?
    http://content.usatoday.com/c...
    http://www.skepticalscience.c...
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD...
    http://www.npr.org/2011/06/21...
    http://green.blogs.nytimes.co...
    http://scienceblogs.com/delto...
  • Transqu... Elephan... 2013/05/01 03:57:08 (edited)
    Transquesta
    +2
    How many of that 97 percent don't really believe, but dare not speak a dissenting opinion? If the crowd's big enough, nobody will buck the herd. . .even when the herd is marching to their doom in a slaughter line.

BTW, I like your choice of words: "And really, something that 97% of the world's scientists BELIEVE in is a pseudoscience? " Why yes. Indeed it is. Science, TRUE science, isn't about belief.
  • Elephan... Transqu... 2013/05/01 04:38:23
    Elephant Lord
    +2
    Answer this: Which is more believable (I used that word again) to you? That a bunch of fractured and underfunded environmental protection agencies and activist groups constructed an elaborate hoax that fooled/intimidated 97% of the world's scientists, all so they could get more funding. Or, that the insanely wealthy oil companies, who will make less money if the public realizes that what they're selling is harming the planet, bought themselves a few scientists (3%), so they could continue their environmentally destructive practices and continue to make insane amonts of money.

And yes, picking out one poor vocabulary choice in my wording totally destroys my argument.
  • Transqu... Elephan... 2013/05/01 04:49:06 (edited)
    Transquesta
    +1
    My answer probably won't make any sense to you, but here it is nevertheless.

I don't believe either side. Both of them have agendas to push, and that makes the conclusions of each highly suspect. What I do believe is that we are polluting the planet to X degree, and that we can and should stop any time we get good and ready. Not by politicizing the issue, but by 'selling' the masses on the BENEFITS of being/living 'green.'

And HOW do you sell being green to the masses? You simply point out that there are other, generally cheaper and far less polluting ways to do things. My best examples are personal or experiential. They run the gamut from riding a bike (as opposed to driving) because it is cheaper, greener and healthier to collecting rainwater to irrigate my yard and gardens such that I don't have to pay $600 dollar water bills every quarter. And why do I have such extensive gardens? Because it is cheaper, greener and healthier to grow my own food as opposed to having it delivered to a grocery store by truck.

In short, global warming zealots are WASTING THEIR TIME trying to make a political football out of an issue which SHOULD be one of conscience and common sense. Moreover, they're not exactly open about their motivations, and they seek to oppress the hell out of diss...

In short, global warming zealots are WASTING THEIR TIME trying to make a political football out of an issue which SHOULD be one of conscience and common sense. Moreover, they're not exactly open about their motivations, and they seek to oppress the hell out of dissenting opinions within their own ranks!

As for that last point about your vocabulary, touche.' I never meant to 'pick on' your word choice. I meant to capitalize upon it. You see, my friend, I, too, have an agenda. :-)
  • Michael... Transqu... 2013/05/01 05:31:28
    Michael Hertel
    +1
    While it is nice to believe that we as individuals will act to promote the best for or planet that is not what I have seen people do in the past. Governments should raise by a new tax the cost of coal, natural gas and oil I suggest 10 to 20% at least.
  • Transqu... Michael... 2013/05/01 05:32:43
    Transquesta
    +1
    I don't suppose inventing a newer, cheaper product or process would work just as well.
  • Michael... Transqu... 2013/05/01 05:35:18
    Michael Hertel
    +1
    Increasing the price of something always encourages the alternative greatly.
  • Transqu... Michael... 2013/05/01 06:00:22 (edited)
    Transquesta
    +1
    Decreasing (by innovation) the price of something accomplishes the same end WITHOUT the middle man with the gun. Let us just automatically assume, at this point in the conversation, that I'm MUCH more interested in private, individual attempts to solve the problem than governmental ones.

Edit: and speaking of which, that's yet ANOTHER one of the benefits of living green. It cuts the gover-business middle man out of the loop! Wanna have libertarians beating a path to the metaphorical door of environmentalism, just sell them on the basis of that alone!
  • Michael... Transqu... 2013/05/02 01:16:40
    Michael Hertel
    +1
    Innovation works best when it is broad based and profitable. If the price of carbon based fuels were increased via a tax then other sources of energy would quickly become available and the best possible mix of the variety would be used.
  • Transqu... Michael... 2013/05/02 05:52:46
    Transquesta
    Lemme put it another way. Lemme make it personal. Ever since 9-11 it galls me to go to a gas station. Nevermind that it now costs nearly four bucks a gallon and/or a quick hundred to fill my tank (some of which IS an embedded 'carbon tax'), I see those two towers burning every time I look at a pump nozzle. Consider me WELL MOTIVATED, as it is, to avail myself of ANY alternative energy source at equal to lesser cost which you or any other innovator might provide.

You're an inventor, tinkerer, mechanic or chemist. ASSUME for now that there isn't a ton of government regulations which stand in the way of your doing so, is it not in your best profit interest to develop such an energy source at far less cost no matter what the current cost may be? Surely there must be a hundred, a thousand or even a million people like me who would JUMP at the chance to avail themselves of your new product/process for another hundred, thousand or million different reasons. Hell, you might even be able to charge more for it if you sold it under the guise of being able to tell the A-rabs to go screw themselves.

My point, of course, is that we don't need to fatten the coffers of the gover-business beast to fix this problem.
  • Michael... Transqu... 2013/05/02 22:09:11
    Michael Hertel
    +1
    Not true it seems since I do not see alot of alternative power systems in use for transportation.
  • Transqu... Michael... 2013/05/03 06:08:13
    Transquesta
    My response was predicated on your willingness to "ASSUME for now." (Hint) Obviously, government gets in the way of any real innovation. (/Hint)
  • Michael... Transqu... 2013/05/03 12:54:50
    Michael Hertel
    +1
    Its sometimes does. With enough incentive we will switch from carbon based to other sources of energy. This while finding ways to use much less.
  • Dexter Roy Michael... 2013/05/01 18:02:52
    Dexter Roy
    +2
    If someone invented a viable alternative source for energy to power our cars or our homes or better yet both, they would be the worlds first Trillionaire just as soon as the market demanded it.
    and that is no secret, the incentive is there.
  • cddjmikey Michael... 2013/05/01 13:35:10
    cddjmikey
    +1
    Independently wealthy are we ? Some of us, myself included, couldn't afford to get to work with that kind of increase. I work 25 miles from home so biking isn't really an option either. Especially since the most direct route on city streets takes me through the worst part of the three towns I must go through. Add to that my rotating schedule and you have me riding a bike through the bad part in the middle of the night !
  • Dexter Roy Michael... 2013/05/01 18:01:11
    Dexter Roy
    +2
    "Governments should raise by a new tax the cost of coal, natural gas and oil I suggest 10 to 20% at least."
    the purpose being to create a new Great Depession? Cause that will do it.

The housing bubble of 2007-2009 was created by decades of studid governmental interference in the market, and over use of credit, BUT IT WAS BURST PRIMARILY BY HIGH GAS PRICES.
    The workers who should not have bought homes in the first place, bought $50k-$75k homes, the ones who SHOULD have bought those homes bought $100k-$150k homes and the ones who should have bought those bought $200k-$300k homes and/or took out second mortgages to buy a boat or RV or send the kid to college. When the gas price spiked they couldn't afford the mortgages in the first group, the second group could but barely, and the third group had to cut way back, but then as a result the layoffs started, and then the incomes of ALL went down and so now the second group could no longer afford their mortgages and the third group were a lot of small business owners and investors who lost virtually everything.
    BECAUSE OF HIGH ENERGY PRICES, if those prices are even higher permanently as you are advocating then prices of ALL goods that are shipped on trucks, trains, boats, or planes (that's just about everything) will also have to go up t...

BECAUSE OF HIGH ENERGY PRICES, if those prices are even higher permanently as you are advocating then prices of ALL goods that are shipped on trucks, trains, boats, or planes (that's just about everything) will also have to go up to cover the new costs.
    This is about the worst thing that could possibly be done, and as a bonus it would be to solve a problem that doesn't exist. Look at this graph and you will immeditely say SEE THERE is global warming, but you should start by knowing that we were in a mini Ice age in the mid 1800's, when this graph starts, that the graph shows the warming started well before we were putting the any major level of CO2 into the atmoshere(before cars, or air conditioners, CFC's etc), that the low point to high point only represents ONE DEGREE, and finally therre is a clear trend of cooling at the end of the graph, you know NOW!
    start in mini Ice Age then notice cooling in recen
  • Dexter Roy Transqu... 2013/05/01 17:35:26
    Dexter Roy
    +1
    97% of the worlds scientist???
    Really ALL the worlds "scientists" were interviewed?
    97% of the "worlds Scientists" what qualifies one to be "a scientist"???
    Is a chemistry lab technician at Kraft foods a "scientist"??? I'm betting they are.
    Do you care whether or not they "believe" in global warming...climate change...whatever they are calling it now? I don't but I'm betting they are included in "97% of all the worlds scientists".
    I suspect that the bulk of "97% of all the worlds scientists", as you have labeled them, or at least the ones actually studying "climate change" are from universities in the United States operating primarily under funding by grants from the US government, and university endowments, of course we know for sure SOME of them are from the university of Anglia, remember HOW we know that? Because they were cheating, falsifying data to CREATE EVIDENCE TO make it look like there was global warming, AND CONSPIRING TO COVER THAT UP.
    NASA just released a report that says that CO2,which according to the "97% of all the worlds scientists" is the primary "cause" of global warming, ACTUALLY CAUSES COOLING...HMMM the scientists who are known as the smartest people in the world, who actually study this topic say CO2 causes COOLING, but the lab tech at Kraft foods and the g...

97% of the worlds scientist???
    NASA just released a report that says that CO2,which according to the "97% of all the worlds scientists" is the primary "cause" of global warming, ACTUALLY CAUSES COOLING...HMMM the scientists who are known as the smartest people in the world, who actually study this topic say CO2 causes COOLING, but the lab tech at Kraft foods and the guys who gets millions of dollars in grant funding to study the EFFECTS OF MAN MADE GLOBAL WARMING say they "BELIEVE IN ANTHROPOGENIC CLIMATE CHANGE". I'm not really sure who to side with in that debate.
    I have to wonder what the "97% of all the worlds scientists" would say if their global warming funding dries up and some new funding to study the effects of the global warming hoax became available....I WONDER???? Does the headline "97% of all the worlds scientists say that the global warming hoax has likely cost trillions in economic activity, but MUCH more study is required" sound about right? Of course it does.

http://principia-scientific.o...

http://science.nasa.gov/scien...
  • barbara.carter.311 2013/05/01 02:34:05 (edited)
    barbara.carter.311
    +1
    Genesis 8: 22, KJV "While the earth remaineth, seed-time and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease." That is good enough for me.
  • joe keeney 2013/05/01 01:44:00
    joe keeney
    +3
    A liberal wet dream.
  • Divided States of America 2013/05/01 01:41:31
    Divided States of America
    +1
    If you like picking on people that believe in global warming, then you will love the season 9 episode 8 South Park titled Two days before the day after...
  • DaveDavidson 2013/05/01 01:06:44
    DaveDavidson
    +1
    Supposed to snow some tomorrow night...May 1st.
  • Transqu... DaveDav... 2013/05/01 01:50:01 (edited)
    Transquesta
    +1
    I had to plant three different sets of tomato plants this year. The third one, finally, didn't get nailed by frost. . .in frapping GEORGIA. I want my global warming, damnit!
  • DaveDav... Transqu... 2013/05/01 01:51:22
    DaveDavidson
    +1
    Strange days. Thunder and lightning and hail today....you know the rest.
  • ProVega 2013/04/30 23:44:45
    ProVega
    +1
    Global Warming is a reality not a joke. Get over yourself and start doing something about it..
  • Transqu... ProVega 2013/05/01 01:51:13
    Transquesta
    I am! I am! I'm burning the nastiest fuels I can find by the barrel full! :-)
  • ProVega Transqu... 2013/05/01 05:43:23
    ProVega
    +1
    You are a barrel full alright.
  • Transqu... ProVega 2013/05/01 05:47:19
    Transquesta
    :-)
  • Lawnmowerman~PWCM~JLA 2013/04/30 23:30:22
    Lawnmowerman~PWCM~JLA
    +4
    It's hanging out in Algore's basement with World Peace laughing at how ignorant some people are.
  • Dexter Roy Lawnmow... 2013/05/01 18:06:14 (edited)
    Dexter Roy
    +1
    "'cause the interior of the earth is extremely hot, several million degrees"
    -AlGore 2009
  • Tennessee3501 2013/04/30 21:58:16
    Tennessee3501
    +1
    Red Devil

"Global warming is on the way!"
  • Dexter Roy 2013/04/30 21:22:22 (edited)
    Dexter Roy
    +2
    Silly, haven't you heard Global Warming was suffering from left wing hoax identity crisis and has had Gender Reassignment Surgery and is now known as Climate Change. AlGore made it hermaphroditic so now the prediction is weather.
    So if we have weather that proves everything they claim is correct and justifies all regulations, taxes, fees, carbon credits and programs they desire.
    And any questioning of those by you or anyone else is proof that you are a RWNJ who ignores facts and is just plain not very smart.
  • Stan Kapusta 2013/04/30 20:49:19
    Stan Kapusta
    +1
    It's made it's money for those who promoted it and killed off the things that were setup as examples.

2014/12/22 16:21:41