Where Do You Think You'd Be Today If Your Mother Had Been Pro-Choice?

Geezertalk 2010/01/09 09:15:24
Uhhhhhh ... dunno
SHEZAM! Now that's a brain-twister
Well, ok ... since you asked ...

• Scars R... Death F... 2010/03/29 18:31:22
    Scars Remain (aka Vicki)
    +1
    Actually two of the boys were, the youngest is really good, almost 16 years old now. One of the boys was difficult and still is, since he has high functioning autism (Asperger's Syndrome). He will be 21 years old this year...I often worry about his maturity and if he will survive well out on his own. When he was younger, he would throw some pretty good tantrums.
    The oldest son, had gotten in with a wrong crowd in high school, doing some drugs, I had to get tough with him. He hated me then, but is thankful now. :) He is now married, in the Navy and has given me 2 grandsons with another one on the way. Looks like I am not going to get a granddaughter yet.
  • Death F... Scars R... 2010/03/29 18:59:52
    Death Faerie
    +1
    My teen son has given me a hard time since he was little. I blame myself for some of it, but he has gotten into a bit of trouble, I have to let him stay at my brother's to get him away from the trash he was hanging out and getting in trouble with. "shakes head sadly". I hope he grows out of it.

My oldest daughter is wonderful. I've had my fights with her, she has some faults but when I was laid off, she got a job..then when I started making enough money to pay bills again I was hit by a car. She's been a wonderful daughter by helping out. Even before that we've enjoyed spending time together.

My son or his friends stole from me and his sisters.

Sarisa, my youngest daughter is growing up on me and I hate it. She's the baby and I fear losing her.

Right now its just me and the girls in my home. LOL even my pets are females.
  • Scars R... Death F... 2010/03/29 20:30:32
    Scars Remain (aka Vicki)
    +1
    LOL, and I am surrounded by males, including my dog. My "baby" is growing up too, so I know how you feel! He is about 6'1/2" and growing. In 2 years, he is going to be 18 years old...I know that will fly by.

baby growing feel 612 growing 2 years 18 years fly
  • Death F... Scars R... 2010/03/31 05:29:04
    Death Faerie
    +1
    What a pretty dog : ) God...I dread my little Sarisa becoming a teen. I wish I could enjoy her childhood more...alas! She's on spring break..but I work all this week except for Saturday and Sunday.
  • Scars R... Death F... 2010/03/31 11:34:48
    Scars Remain (aka Vicki)
    +1
    Thank you, I think he is pretty too; so smart. I have trained him to speak, lay, sit, stay, come, high five, beg, shake, and dead dog.
    My son starts Spring break next week, I hope to find some things to do, maybe some fishing. He loves to fish. You definitely want to enjoy every moment, since they grow up way too fast.
    That stinks that you can't be off with her.
  • Death F... Scars R... 2010/03/31 18:00:44
    Death Faerie
    +1
    Yea..the ironic thing is, I was upset because I didn't have many hours...now I do. Oh. well, I'll try to make the most of the weekend.
  • Dmoe Scars R... 2010/03/30 16:35:54
    Dmoe
    +1
    that is awesome that you made the choice to keep your baby, and move on with your life. You say that your childhood wasn't all that great. So, is that why you decided to have a baby at 16?
  • Scars R... Dmoe 2010/03/30 17:18:31 (edited)
    Scars Remain (aka Vicki)
    I was very mature for 16 years of age. I was the oldest child and the expectation for me, was to iron my dad's uniforms, do laundry, cook dinner, do dishes, clean the bathrooms and vacuum and still hold great grades in school. My mom worked also and depended on me to keep the house together .
    That was partly, why I decided, but mostly was totally head over heels for my high school love and he wanted a baby too.

Edited to fix a grammatical error.
  • Dmoe Scars R... 2010/04/01 15:07:30
    Dmoe
    +1
    gotcha. I hope have a baby at 16 was everything you hoped it would be and more.
  • Scars R... Dmoe 2010/04/01 18:45:59
    Scars Remain (aka Vicki)
    Thank you. :) It was more than I could have hoped for. Especially since my parents told me it would ruin my life and I would be "stuck" unhappy and unfulfilled.
    I have had a very fulfilling life. I later on, went to a Technical School and received a certificate, which allowed me to work as a Buyer for a very large Government Contractor. I have traveled around the country, been through almost every state in the Union. I married the baby's father and we are still together, after 26 years of marriage. Financially we are comfortable. I don't work now, I volunteer my time in the community. We had four children together, my youngest turns 16 years old, next month. The others have are now in their 20's.
    I have been on a cruise in the Western Caribbean, snorkled in Key West, seen the Grand Canyon, gambled in Las Vegas, NV, etc.
    It has not held me back from moving forward and I have a wonderful daughter to spend my time with. I watched her get married last year, at the age of 26 years old. She has gone off to college, and has gotten a very good job. They have already bought their house and are financially secure.
    I feel like I have done a pretty decent job.
  • Dmoe Scars R... 2010/04/02 16:15:12
    Dmoe
    sounds like you have done a great job. The unfortunate statistics are that you are a minority. You sound like you are right around my age. I know how hard it is to raise a family and keep a marriage together for 26 years, especially starting out so young. I applaud you, but I still feel that it is a woman's right to choose her path, just as you have chosen yours.
  • Scars R... Dmoe 2010/04/02 21:41:00
    Scars Remain (aka Vicki)
    That is fine for a woman to choose, I just don't believe the government should be financing it. A person makes a "mistake" then they pay for it.
  • Dmoe Scars R... 2010/04/03 01:57:27
    Dmoe
    I think the government should stay out of the personal lives of people. The government is there to help, but should not dictate whether a woman should have or not have an abortion. However, I think it would be nice if the government or insurance co. covered all forms of birth control.
  • Scars R... Dmoe 2010/04/03 02:35:34
    Scars Remain (aka Vicki)
    As long as there were no loopholes, using abortion as birth control. I don't believe insurance should cover it, unless, possibly the life of the mother was most definitely going to be impacted. Such as in ectopic pregnancies.
  • Dmoe Scars R... 2010/04/03 18:50:33
    Dmoe
    insurance co. are private businesses, so they have a right to cover anything they want, and NOT cover anything they want. This is why they are in control of our health care system.
    I do not agree with using abortion as birth control either.
  • Scars R... Dmoe 2010/04/03 19:22:20
    Scars Remain (aka Vicki)
    I still don't think Insurance should pay for it, even while it is privatized. Things like that drive the costs up, just like smoking, etc. Now that the government is taking it over, I most definitely do not believe that provision should be in it.
    Although abortion is legal, it still has a number of risks, it is not as safe as some say.

http://realchoice.0catch.com/...

http://joseromia.tripod.com/s...
  • Dmoe Scars R... 2010/04/07 15:30:54
    Dmoe
    it is safer now than it was when it was illegal and women were going to back alley's or dr's who did not know what they were doing. Regardless of what people think about abortion, it has always been around, and it will always be around. Women have been having abortions since time began, and it needs to be a safe, medical procedure whether you or I like it.
  • Scars R... Dmoe 2010/04/07 20:10:04
    Scars Remain (aka Vicki)
    I personally believe people need to take greater responsibility of their actions. I have seen teens use it like birth control, one teen on her 7th abortion. Too many people look for an easy way out of their circumstances, sadly, many pay for that decision, such as the friends I know, who had an abortion, now feel the guilt of killing that child.
  • Dmoe Scars R... 2010/04/08 17:49:23
    Dmoe
    those young girls should feel guilty if they are using abortion as a birth control and not using other ways to prevent pregnancy. Shame on them.
    I had an abortion when I was 21. It was the right thing to do at that time in my life and I have no regrets. I am now in my 50's and I have a wonderful family. Everything happens for a reason. Trust fate.
  • Scars R... Dmoe 2010/04/08 18:20:59
    Scars Remain (aka Vicki)
    I don't believe in fate, so how can I trust something I don't believe in?
  • Dmoe Scars R... 2010/04/09 16:25:43
    Dmoe
    i am sorry for that, cuz fate affects our lives everyday. Enjoy
  • Scars R... Dmoe 2010/04/09 18:13:17
    Scars Remain (aka Vicki)
    IMHO, many use fate as an excuse for their actions, then blame it on fate, when it really was their life choices that steered them in a specific direction.

Main Entry: 1fate
    Pronunciation: \ˈfāt\
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French or Latin; Middle French, from Latin fatum, literally, what has been spoken, from neuter of fatus, past participle of fari to speak — more at ban
    Date: 14th century
    1 : the will or principle or determining cause by which things in general are believed to come to be as they are or events to happen as they do : destiny
    2 a : an inevitable and often adverse outcome, condition, or end b : disaster; especially : death
    3 a : final outcome b : the expected result of normal development c : the circumstances that befall someone or something
    4 plural capitalized : the three goddesses who determine the course of human life in classical mythology
  • z-Madness-z 2010/01/10 05:43:21
    Well, ok ... since you asked ...
    z-Madness-z
    +1
    I'd still be here because I'd be the only child of my father that she'd have. And she loved my father. A lot. So, duh.
  • Isma'ila (God has heard)! 2010/01/10 05:34:59
    Well, ok ... since you asked ...
    Isma'ila (God has heard)!
    I wouldn't be here if my mother was pro choice!
  • Ves~Sai... Isma'il... 2010/03/29 00:50:39 (edited)
    Ves~Sailor Soldier of PHAET
    +3
    Your mom chose to have you. I'm glad.
  • Isma'il... Ves~Sai... 2010/03/29 01:02:38
    Isma'ila (God has heard)!
    +2
    Awe thanks! I am glad that your mother chose to have you too!
  • JTron 2010/01/10 05:33:04
    Well, ok ... since you asked ...
    JTron
    I'm the oldest of seven children. My mother must have been pro children. Never did ask her though.
  • emily 2010/01/10 03:49:21
    Well, ok ... since you asked ...
    emily
    +3
    I know that my Mother wanted both my sister and myself. She told us when and where she made the decision.
    As for abortion my mother thought it was a horrible thing but that the decision should be between a woman, her family and her doctor. She didn't think that abortion or birth control was anyone's business.
  • runningintriangles 2010/01/10 03:26:54
    Well, ok ... since you asked ...
    runningintriangles
    +6
    My mother IS pro-choice... and clearly I'm here. Pro-choice doesn't mean "I'm going to get an abortion if I get pregnant," it means "The choice is the woman's, not the government's."
  • z-Madne... running... 2010/01/10 05:43:43
    z-Madness-z
    +5
    Thank you! It always seems people hear what they want to hear.
  • ZILdeactivated 2010/01/10 02:48:40
    Well, ok ... since you asked ...
    ZILdeactivated
    in a dunghill somewhere.
  • Cathy 2010/01/10 01:43:29
    Well, ok ... since you asked ...
    Cathy
    +3
    My mother loves children and had 5 of us........pro-choice!
  • MOM - LOL@Silly.St.Sarah.of... 2010/01/10 01:02:06
    Well, ok ... since you asked ...
    MOM - LOL@Silly.St.Sarah.of.Wasilly
    +6
    My mother was pro-choice and chose to have five children. It's that simple.
  • missnoee 2010/01/10 00:49:26
    Well, ok ... since you asked ...
    missnoee
    +1
    Not here.
  • Clover 2010/01/10 00:36:14
    Well, ok ... since you asked ...
    Clover
    +3
    My mother is pro-choice and I'm still here so no different at all.
  • sugarbuzz 2010/01/10 00:27:14
    Well, ok ... since you asked ...
    sugarbuzz
    +2
    Right where I am! Those Catholics will condemn you an everlasting "roast" and I was the firstborn. On the other hand, if we had had a vote, I am thinking my brother would not have been unanimously chosen if I had a say.
  • Katherine the Renaissance W... 2010/01/09 23:56:36
    Well, ok ... since you asked ...
    Katherine the Renaissance Woman
    +3
    I have actually come to believe that my biological mother was pro choice. And that I might have had an older, unborn sibling.
  • Not Einstein 2010/01/09 23:22:57
    Well, ok ... since you asked ...
    Not Einstein
    +3
    My mom always has been pro-choice, so I would be right here. Of course, no girls had premarital sex back in her day.
  • sugarbuzz Not Ein... 2010/01/10 00:28:11
    sugarbuzz
    +3
    Aren't we the slutty generation??
  • Not Ein... sugarbuzz 2010/01/10 07:19:10
    Not Einstein
    +3
    Yup. That sex before marriage was invented by our generation!

2014/10/20 22:57:10