When Someone Tell You Something In Confidence, Have You ever Betrayed That Trust?

Astro-Boy PHAET 2009/08/04 22:52:36
No, I value my friendships.
Wolf Hudson

• divad senoj 2014/06/02 04:38:22
    divad senoj
    My betrayal, is not me being derogative of other's but rather information to stop dealing and limit substance-abuse in a unit-complex, but if anything good does come from it they are the first to take credit for it and try and make-out you were part-of-it!! This involves people over 30 years with the oldest dealer 64 years! All very true! When the details are explained to other's they do not believe that this can happen!
  • zack 2009/08/15 04:00:32
    No, I value my friendships.
    zack
    I get angry with people that tell other peoples secrets.
  • Booklover 2009/08/06 23:50:15
    No, I value my friendships.
    Booklover
    i think that that's really mean.... i mean i wouldn't want them to do that to me.
  • Tsisquaya 2009/08/06 04:33:21
    No, I value my friendships.
    Tsisquaya
    +1
    And what does it say of one's character if they blab what was told to them in confidence?
  • Persephone 2009/08/05 20:33:18
    Persephone
    +1
    If what they tell is something they may need help with and if I think that telling someone will actually help. then yes, I'll betray whatever trust they put in me..
    I may loose that friendship but if what I did helped, then it was 'worth it'..
    Other than that, my lips are sealed..
  • chrystal97 2009/08/05 20:09:47
    No, I value my friendships.
    chrystal97
    +2
    I don't tell even if i lose a "friend' cause i was holding out on them. Obviously my true friend was more important than my other "friend"
  • ekp :D 2009/08/05 18:01:17
    No, I value my friendships.
    ekp :D
    +1
    ive had that happen to me before, and it really kills me on the inside every time i remember trusting that person.

so i would never EVER do anything like that to anyone.
  • Milk Maid 2009/08/05 17:28:52
    Milk Maid
    +1
    I've been betrayed my whole life
  • BabyGirl<3 2009/08/05 16:48:51
    No, I value my friendships.
    BabyGirl<3
    +1
    never would i do that
  • ~Marlene~ 2009/08/05 15:42:26
    No, I value my friendships.
    ~Marlene~
  • zrebelvirgo 2009/08/05 14:58:53
    No, I value my friendships.
    zrebelvirgo
    +2
    no because iam a true friend i will never tell my bestiis their secrets cuz they trust me and i trust them once they mess up ill speak 2 them y they did wat they did there's a reason 4 everything and if they apoligize i forgive them if it was al ittle one but a really big 1 and u did just 2 bug me or on purpose then its on i wont get mad i 'll just get even.i value my friends first i tlk if they keep goin then itz on
  • Dilasa Chowdhury 2009/08/05 11:33:46
    No, I value my friendships.
    Dilasa Chowdhury
    +1
    definitely no!
    even i like it!
  • S 2009/08/05 11:18:32
    S
    +2
    Yes once but it was a matter of life or death. She was not taking her meds and getting worse so I let her mother know even after she told me not to. But I felt I had to at that point. She is still my friend and now thanks me for it.
    other than that i would not betray their trust it has to be something of great danger for me to do it.
  • Dahanna S.O.C.K. P.U.P 2009/08/05 08:28:59 (edited)
    No, I value my friendships.
    Dahanna S.O.C.K. P.U.P
    +1
    i don't tell anyone my secrets or any1 else's
    i dn't talk much anyways
    so i never have to worry it might slip out
  • No, I value my friendships.
    ♥TheQueen-Of-Hearts♥P♥H♥A♥E♥T♥
    +2
    I love and respect each one of my friends and I will never betray them. Never. By the way... I love ya! ♥
  • Artemis ~PHAET 2009/08/05 05:53:46
    No, I value my friendships.
    Artemis ~PHAET
    +4
    Gossiping about things that were told to me in confidence is not an activity that I engage in.
  • Astro-B... Artemis... 2009/08/05 05:59:23
    Astro-Boy PHAET
    +4
    Thats because you have integrity.
  • Artemis... Astro-B... 2009/08/05 06:12:45
    Artemis ~PHAET
    +3
    As do you. That's one of the many things I like about you.
  • Astro-B... Artemis... 2009/08/05 06:13:30
    Astro-Boy PHAET
    +4
    Thanks! Mwah!

mwah
  • Stix 2009/08/05 05:47:19
    No, I value my friendships.
    Stix
    +1
    Never, not even if I am mad at the person..So many people will come up to you or call and say "Don't tell anyone this, but so and so told me this in confidence, and I am only telling you."

Well me and how many others are you telling..People can't wait to repeat secrets and think it is o.k. because they only told 20 of their best friends, and in confidence to boot..

A secret or confidence to you means you tell no one, not even your spouse or significant other..Hear it and forget it...That is what a person of integrity does...
  • SamanthaNicole** 2009/08/05 03:28:12
    No, I value my friendships.
    SamanthaNicole**
    +3
    no...i dont turn my back to them...
  • runningintriangles 2009/08/05 02:16:31
    No, I value my friendships.
    runningintriangles
    +3
    No, trust and honesty are two very important things to me, I'd never so something like that. If I'm asked to keep quiet, I do just that.
  • becca wecca 2009/08/05 02:05:40
    becca wecca
    +3
    i keep everything to heart that my friends say, but when it comes to family and someone could endanger themselves then i will tell
  • Stix becca w... 2009/08/05 05:56:01
    Stix
    You are 100% correct. For some reason kids always tell me their secrets. Most are what adults consider silly, but not to the kid telling you..I have told them all in advance as a warning that if I know or they tell things like they are drinking and driving, or doing drugs, things like that I will tell their parents as anything dangerous that can get them or others killed is not something I will keep to myself..A good friend never lets the people they care about get away with such things..We want to keep those we love safe, and the lives of those we don't know safe.
  • becca w... Stix 2009/08/06 04:30:45
    becca wecca
    +1
    yesss thats sooo true, the only down fall is that the person or people usually get mad, like they think its okay and they can deal w. it on their own when obviously they cant
  • Stix becca w... 2009/08/12 05:25:40
    Stix
    Both kids and adults get mad if you tell them they are trashed on drugs or alcohol..We all think we are o.k. to drive or try drugs and it won't effect us, but that is what those in the cemetary's thought..Or those in prison for killing an entire family while driving under the influence..In general we as human are not very bright..

I would rather someone get mad at me than to live with the fact that they killed themselves or someone else while acting stupid..

We all do really stupid things at times including myself so we should be glad when someone stops us. If they stay mad then they weren't really a good friend worth having anyway, I think..
  • dreamwriter12 ✲the libraria... 2009/08/05 01:33:36
    No, I value my friendships.
    dreamwriter12 ✲the librarian of ρнaεt✲ in grammar I trust
    +4
    I always keep private things confidential, unless they are hurting others or the person who told me.
  • KogaFAN101 2009/08/05 01:15:35
    No, I value my friendships.
    KogaFAN101
    +3
    not that i know of BUT i know how it feels when someone does that to u it sucks!!!
  • moomoof 2009/08/05 00:49:07
    Wolf Hudson
    moomoof
    +1
    heh i keep things secret but somethings i have a hard time keeping secret
  • Stix moomoof 2009/08/05 05:57:59
    Stix
    +1
    I think we all have been there. Someone gets mad at you and thinks they then have the right to repeat what you told them in confidence..It takes a low person to do that..And who could trust that person to be a frend after they repeat your secrets..
  • moomoof Stix 2009/08/05 16:50:12
    moomoof
    yea thats true i have been there and my secret was stupid i keep heavy secrets

well my secret was stupid and it was told to everyone i was made the joke of the school
  • hatshepsut123 2009/08/04 23:52:52
    No, I value my friendships.
    hatshepsut123
    +2
    if they are real friends with real secrets i wont tell, but if they are not good friends an tell me silly "secrets", i would tell them and laugh! hehehe. you can call me evil, i dont care :D friends real secrets friends silly secrets laugh hehehe evil care
  • Stix hatshep... 2009/08/05 06:00:48
    Stix
    You are evil and have no integrity..What is silly to you may not be silly to the person telling you..If someone told you something because they trusted you not to repeat it, and you do, what kind of person does that make you? And what if you tell someone something that you want nobody to know and that person decides it is silly so why not tell anyone who will listen, and then laugh about it..That in my opinion makes you lower than pond scum
  • hatshep... Stix 2009/08/05 12:29:59
    hatshepsut123
    +1
    i told you you can call me evil, i dont care. those people are not my REAL friends, they have shown how "loyal" they are long ago and how much they "care" about others. they are liars and think that are better then everyone else. so when they tell me something "in confidence" ( they dont tell me BIG important secrets, just little "secrets" that wont hurt anyone, only make them blush) im glad i can gossip that around, cs they desirve that! hehe

i would not betray REAL frind.
  • Ghostlyhaunt 2009/08/04 23:49:10
    Ghostlyhaunt
    +2
    Whether it's a friend or co-worker.. what's discussed between another person and myself never leaves the room. Discretion and confidentially are very important in my line of work, and in my personal life..
  • Astro-B... Ghostly... 2009/08/05 01:37:46
  • 5p0k3n4 2009/08/04 23:45:05
    No, I value my friendships.
    5p0k3n4
    +2
    Nope I would bring it to the grave, unless its a life threatning thing. Some things are not ment to stay secret, and telling is being more of a friend then not.
  • Alexandrite 2009/08/04 23:26:19
    Wolf Hudson
    Alexandrite
    +1
    and no.
  • Bob-chicka-wow-wow 2009/08/04 23:19:40
    No, I value my friendships.
    Bob-chicka-wow-wow
    +3
    but just make sure you say..."don't tell anyone" because if its good gossip i'm gonna spread it like wildfire
  • S Bob-chi... 2009/08/05 11:19:24

2014/07/22 23:13:01