When is it okay for a guy to cry?

lil crazy 2012/08/11 02:02:38
Related Topics: Need
Whenever he feels the need too
Only in certain circumstances ... like these
Never, at least never let anyone see them cry
I don't really know who makes these unwritten rules, I guess it would be the society we live in. When I was a kid I remember many older men saying that guys shouldn't cry or maybe in extreme circumstances it was okay. That is why I asked this question, to see what the consensus of today's society was.

• The_Red-fox 2012/08/14 06:02:20
    Whenever he feels the need too
    The_Red-fox
    +1
    most men put on a false front to look tough
    look for their breaking point and they'll start blubbering like a baby
  • cowboy 2012/08/13 17:08:13
    cowboy
    +1
    By looking at the votes, ethier a lot of women voted or Soda is full of pansies! Just kidding. I grew up to the advice of "Never let them see you cry or fear".
  • bluemoon 2012/08/13 16:51:40
    Whenever he feels the need too
    bluemoon
    +1
    yes a man can cry,why not?
    it's not only for a woman to cry
    we are all people
  • TikkiPurdy 2012/08/13 03:25:53
    Whenever he feels the need too
    TikkiPurdy
    +1
    As macho and steely as they act sometimes, guys have feelings, too. Sometimes they just have to let it out.
  • gingin6 2012/08/13 02:52:32
    gingin6
    +1
    I say this cause I don't cry very much. I'd hate to see my man crying all the time just because.
  • Scream 2012/08/12 22:27:03
    Whenever he feels the need too
    Scream
    +1
    I hate it when people bury their emotions just because it's "unacceptable" for them to cry. It's very healthy to cry and I recommend letting it out whenever you feel you need to
    Whenever he feels the need too
    +1
    Just like a woman!
  • Radical Ed 2012/08/12 18:23:15
    Whenever he feels the need too
    Radical Ed
    +1
    man tears.

tears
  • Little Miss Monster 2012/08/12 16:49:57
    Whenever he feels the need too
    Little Miss Monster
    +2
    If anyone thinks less of ANYONE else--man or woman or child--when they cry then they're a moron. People have emotions, they shouldn't have to feel ashamed of them or bottle them up inside of themselves.
  • Guru_T_Firefly 2012/08/12 16:25:26
    Guru_T_Firefly
    +1
    When both the beer AND the money are gone.

Hyphenated word alert... side-boob.
  • Wayne TH G 333 2012/08/12 16:09:27
    Whenever he feels the need too
    Wayne TH G 333
    +1
    It's up to the individual!
  • Dolly 2012/08/12 15:57:47
    Whenever he feels the need too
    Dolly
  • RasHooD 2012/08/12 10:23:15
    RasHooD
    F U R a guy and U do cry at any thing, then U R not a man.
    and those who crys and shows there tears for somthing they realy care about....they called MEN.
    a guy can cry when he feel that pian of GELT
  • Rob Williams 2012/08/11 23:48:05
    Whenever he feels the need too
    Rob Williams
    +1
    I can't help but think it's better to let things out than bottle things up.
  • manendu 2012/08/11 20:33:46
    Whenever he feels the need too
    manendu
    +2
    Crying is not like wearing a red shirt. It comes from within. And when it comes, it is hard to suppress it.
  • Pocahontas 2012/08/11 18:02:17
    Whenever he feels the need too
    Pocahontas
    +1
    It's not masculine to hold your tears because you're afraid someone would think you're not masculine enough.
  • Doc. J 2012/08/11 15:00:30
    Whenever he feels the need too
    Doc. J
    +1
    I know it sounds crazy....
    But we're only human.
  • Monkey D. Luffy 2012/08/11 14:42:58
    Monkey D. Luffy
    +2
    I think when they are really old..
  • JD 2012/08/11 11:38:51
  • Tom R 007 2012/08/11 10:35:43
    Tom R 007
    +1
    I COMPLETELY TICKED THE WRONG BOX! Crying is natural. There is no law (at least of which I'm aware) that says that guys should only cry in certain situations. I cry whenever I need to, although I'm more likely to cry due to emotional pain rather than physical. Men shouldn't be treated as emotionless robots devoid of any feelings. If I feel like crying, I will. And I couldn't care less what anyone thinks about that, man or woman, because I'm strong enough to be in touch with my emotions.
  • JMCC 2012/08/11 10:13:25
    Whenever he feels the need too
    JMCC
    +1
    It takes more courage for a man to show his emotions than not to...
  • Commenting_one 2012/08/11 07:58:37
    Whenever he feels the need too
    Commenting_one
    +1
    I think it's about time to remove this "rule". Why should a man hold back expressing emotion? Someone decided that a male is "effeminate" or "weak' if he does so? It does not bother me, if a man is moved to tears. It's just not likely to witness, due to this thinking. This may account for otherwise negative actions that can occur with men, by feeling unable to express themselves emotionally.
  • Robbb 2012/08/11 06:07:33
    Whenever he feels the need too
    Robbb
    +1
    So who makes the rules on these things?
  • lil crazy Robbb 2012/08/11 19:26:38
    lil crazy
  • Robbb lil crazy 2012/08/11 21:50:08
    Robbb
    +1
    I am now 64 years old and during that time a lot of old attitudes have changed about these things. I was born not long after WW2 and in those days it was definitely not OK under any circumstances for a man to cry. As a mater of fact even male children were ridiculed for crying when they hurt them selves. My parents went through WW2 in a Japanese POW camp, many of their fellow prisoners were killed starved to death were worked to death or died of disease while they were there. It is interesting to note that the women were best at getting over the ordeal psychologically and that is because women are free to discus what upsets them and to cry about things when they feel the need. many of the people that went through these ordeals including soldiers that were forced to inflict fear and damage on the enemy found that even many years later their minds were in turmoil, They are finding now that crying is one of the ways that the mind deals with the negative emotions that are created under these situations, emotions that even effect the structure and the chemical balances that control the workings of our minds. The rules regarding these things are made by leaders in whose interest it is to discourage people experiencing human emotion or more to the point seeing that others may suffer ...
    I am now 64 years old and during that time a lot of old attitudes have changed about these things. I was born not long after WW2 and in those days it was definitely not OK under any circumstances for a man to cry. As a mater of fact even male children were ridiculed for crying when they hurt them selves. My parents went through WW2 in a Japanese POW camp, many of their fellow prisoners were killed starved to death were worked to death or died of disease while they were there. It is interesting to note that the women were best at getting over the ordeal psychologically and that is because women are free to discus what upsets them and to cry about things when they feel the need. many of the people that went through these ordeals including soldiers that were forced to inflict fear and damage on the enemy found that even many years later their minds were in turmoil, They are finding now that crying is one of the ways that the mind deals with the negative emotions that are created under these situations, emotions that even effect the structure and the chemical balances that control the workings of our minds. The rules regarding these things are made by leaders in whose interest it is to discourage people experiencing human emotion or more to the point seeing that others may suffer the same emotional turmoil as they do. This whole issue is a very deep and complex one that is more likely to come under scrutiny in a free and well educated society then one where war or the turmoil of poverty and political control exist. This is probably why the people of the western world are beginning to explore this issue. Because of my conditioning as a child I am not comfortable when men cry never the les I realise that I have no sensible reason for feeling that way some times I wish I could.
  • Sophie 2012/08/11 05:14:18
    Whenever he feels the need too
    Sophie
    +1
    If a man feels the need to cry then clearly it is a reason for him to cry. Let him cry and support him.
  • *StarDust_LNC*~In Nothing I... 2012/08/11 04:08:06
    Whenever he feels the need too
    *StarDust_LNC*~In Nothing I Trust~
    +1
    but mostly 3 main important events !
    1. Funeral....(close people)
    2. Getting married....(or divorced....if you really love the person)
    3. His Baby is being born
  • Devil's Advocate 2012/08/11 03:41:37
    Whenever he feels the need too
    Devil's Advocate
    +1
    Anyone is fully free to do so whenever they feel the need to
  • Bigbrowneyes 2012/08/11 03:29:45
    Whenever he feels the need too
    Bigbrowneyes
    +1
    For some guys, that is a lot. For some guys, very little. But if ya ever need an open ear and hug, I'll give you those :)
  • Nam Era Vet #1 DNA TLC 2012/08/11 03:25:25
    Nam Era Vet #1 DNA TLC
    +2
    PTSD Battle fatigue, whatever you want to call it. It will break a man if he doesn't get help and crying helps relieve the past trauma. But only when the person is ready.
  • Katherine 2012/08/11 03:24:02
    Katherine
    Testicular cancer, child in the hospital, death in the family (usually female).

No offense, but I'm the female. You're the guy.

5, 4, 3, 2.....
  • lil crazy Katherine 2012/08/11 19:28:59
    lil crazy
    1.... I am not a guy. LOL
  • Katherine lil crazy 2012/08/11 21:28:31
    Katherine
    I was speaking to the men reading.
  • lil crazy Katherine 2012/08/12 00:46:37
    lil crazy
    +1
    I know. I was just being silly.
  • Katherine lil crazy 2012/08/12 01:38:29
    Katherine
    +1
    Lol, oh. No problem. :)
  • Rob Wil... lil crazy 2012/08/11 23:51:07
    Rob Williams
    The question wasn't asking are you a guy and when is it alright for you to cry... it was asking your opinion on the subject of the acceptability of men crying.
  • lil crazy Rob Wil... 2012/08/12 00:46:01
    lil crazy
    +1
    Sorry I think you misunderstood my response.
    Katherine answered my question by saying .... "you're the guy". I thought I was being funny in my response back but apparently I was wrong.
  • Rob Wil... lil crazy 2012/08/12 00:54:52
    Rob Williams
    +2
    My mistake!

I t was one of those times when, purely by coincidence, your reply was at the top of my screen and the indent wasn't enough to show it as a reply to a previous comment rather than a new comment.

sorry
  • BattleB... Katherine 2012/08/11 19:41:50
    BattleBattlerBenji (PHAET)
    So what? If you're going to take that line of thinking then you may as well drop whatever job you've got going at the moment and get back in the kitchen.
  • Katherine BattleB... 2012/08/12 02:16:17
    Katherine
    Obviously I must have offended your agenda by not capitulating to the political correct, manipulated majority on SodaHead, so you've felt the need to demean me in an attempt to change my opinion? But I'm an individual. I want a man, not a woman with a penis. Women are emotional and hormonal because we're designed to create life and this mechanism is a part of that. Men don't have that excuse. Crying over a romantic drama or a broken nail is part of a leftist driven agenda that has been turning men into women and women into men. It's artificial. You can keep the metrosexual modernity. You clearly don't get me and you don't have to. I'm sure there's a very wide range of areas that we disagree. I want a man. A real one.

2014/10/25 22:51:03