What's Beyond Outer Space & Beyond It?

Walks_on_Clouds 2011/06/15 19:49:45
If outer space continues to grow, what is it growing into...what's there?

What's IT growing into?

Something for consideration...

"And he (God) is before all things, and by him all things consist." Colossians 1:17

"Can you bind the beautifulc Pleiades?
Can you loose the cords of Orion?
Can you bring forth the constellations in their seasonsd
or lead out the Beare with its cubs?
Do you know the laws of the heavens?
Can you set up God’s dominion over the earth" Job 38:31-33

"Who hath measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, and meted out heaven with the span, and comprehended the dust of the earth in a measure, and weighed the mountains in scales, and the hills in a balance?" Isaiah 40:12

"When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:
All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field;
The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas.
O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!" Psalm 8:3-9

"The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.
There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.
Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun," Psalm 19:1-4

dust earth measure weighed mountains scales hills balancenbspnbsp isaiah 4012

• Burnjuan 2011/06/17 02:03:55
    Burnjuan
    Something for your consiceration...no magic invisible people.
  • Walks_o... Burnjuan 2011/06/17 18:16:21
    Walks_on_Clouds
    Like your avatar?
  • flaca BN-0 2011/06/15 21:30:49
    flaca BN-0
    +1
    Walk on Clouds, my comment about the infinity of PI and maybe the universe is a mathematical concept. I need to tell you something weird. I had one of those deep cleaning thingys done at the dentist and they give you some drug that has the effect of slowing everything down so much, you are unable to register pain.

But here's the interesting thing. Even though time went extreeeeeeemely slowly, I was totally aware.
    The music was playing at the normal rate, but everything else was slowed (how this happens I have no idea). But I was looking at the plastic grille that housed a light in the ceiling. And I saw it for what it was: a design that broke down into sheer mathematics. First I saw the shapes of it: octagons, and then my brain started to break the octagons down and I saw (don't as me how) the mathematical composition of the octagons and it went deeper and deeper. this drug (I forget the name) made my brain receptive to the spatial and mathematical structue of the grille. When I woke up, I told the dentist that I had discovered that everything is mathematics. She smiled and said "that's true". Under that drug, I was so aware of mathematical structure that normally I don't see. Weird huh? Or perhaps liberating and revealing.
  • Walks_o... flaca BN-0 2011/06/15 21:43:16
    Walks_on_Clouds
    +1
    Not being good in math, I had a math teacher, besides beautiful, was totally pumped up with math. She concluded the same. We'd pick subjects and she'd show us through equation how it all worked out. I was able to half understand her, but was more distracted by her appearance! She DID make sense though, truly.
    I took logic in college and know how equations can be assigned to a conversation's premises to validate the speaker's conclusion as valid or not.
    And I understand how time slows as I've experienced it in combat. Mathematical equations, however, were not what was on my mind at the times!
  • flaca BN-0 Walks_o... 2011/06/15 22:07:29
    flaca BN-0
    yr experience as to how time slows in combat is very interesting. Why not go on a writing rant and post something about it (when you have time). I'm sure many of us wish soldiers would tell more about their experiences.
  • Walks_o... flaca BN-0 2011/06/16 01:50:39
    Walks_on_Clouds
    +1
    It's similar to what you see on TV. On my first landing, our helicopters came up out of a desert canyon and all of the sudden we were there, landing in a munitions area to test leaking WMD munition. My heart went from enjoying the ride to feeling like I could crap my pants, definitely puke. Upon landing, it felt SO hard to get out of the helicopter...to slide straight out after getting out of harness. I got to my legs to run and they felt like noodles. The THUMP of the copters was incredible and that's when I noticed I was 'inside my head.' The run to the wall took forever. When I got there, I looked over a wall and watched a 18-20 year old in shorts, unbuttoned shirt, AK47 rifle strung across his chest, running across the street. He was moving in slow motion enough for me to look face-to-face with him. He was the most frightened human I've ever seen. RIGHT after that we took fire. The puffs of dust from the lead pushing through the walls seemed slow motion. By the time we got back to the copters, the firefight had ended, everyone accounted for, and I felt numb. They all died, or at least laid there. I saw the last living face of an enemy I expected to be older and more rugged. His face haunts my dreams oftentimes. I have PTSD. Apparently, when the brain slows time and there is trauma input, it won't let go of it so easily. So there you go, a snapshot of my brain slowing during combat. All the detail are similar as there is more, but believe it or not that's the brief part.
  • flaca BN-0 Walks_o... 2011/06/16 23:52:49
    flaca BN-0
    PTSD is a mechanism for grief and eventually renewal. It must be allowed to take its course.
  • Walks_o... flaca BN-0 2011/06/17 18:22:25
    Walks_on_Clouds
    +1
    For a person to grieve, they must first love. THAT part screwed me up when I first learned it. I actually loved my enemy, just as I was commanded to do by my God in Scripture yet never before put to test. So my heart is where it should be, just scarred and still healing.
  • Miku Rock 2011/06/15 21:26:57
    Miku Rock
    +1
    another dimension that is part of the multiverse
  • flaca BN-0 2011/06/15 20:16:56
    flaca BN-0
    +2
    isn't PI infinite? maybe the universe is a mathematical concept.
  • Raithere 2011/06/15 20:09:07
    Raithere
    +1
    "If outer space continues to grow, what is it growing into...what's there?"

Nothing.

Space is either infinite or is closes around on itself like a sphere. There is no beyond space. It's like asking what is beyond infinity or North of the North pole.
  • Walks_o... Raithere 2011/06/15 21:14:54
    Walks_on_Clouds
    +1
    I need a flippin' picture!
  • Raithere Walks_o... 2011/06/16 04:16:56
    Raithere
    +1
    Unfortunately you can't have one because it's a 3 dimensional shape curved in the 4th dimension and since we live on the 3 dimensional plane and are 3 dimensional creatures we can't see outside of it.

But you can think of it this way. You can imagine that space is a 2 dimensional piece of paper with 2 dimensional beings living on it's surface. They can see back and forth and right and left but for them there is no such thing as up and down. Now you can curl that paper into all kinds of shapes in the 3rd dimension but the 2 dimensional creatures can't see it. They just see back and forth and left and right.

But they can infer it based on the properties of space. For example, they would notice that if you put a ball on a part of space that is high on the third dimension that it would roll down towards the low point. But since they can't see high and low, they would just notice that things in one place tend to move towards the other.

In our 3 dimensional space we call this gravity. Objects bend space, creating 4 dimensional dimples, such that any other object that comes close rolls "downhill" towards it.
  • Walks_o... Raithere 2011/06/16 17:00:24
    Walks_on_Clouds
    +1
    Coffee's not working yet. Thx Raithere.
  • Butz McCrackin' 2011/06/15 19:53:08
    Butz McCrackin'
    nobody knows..
    i personally dont like to think about it. I care about whats happening on good old planet Earth :)
  • Loverofcountry 2011/06/15 19:51:58
    Loverofcountry
    +1
    Beyond this universe is another universe.
  • Hawk.Ice 2011/06/15 19:51:42
    Hawk.Ice
    Thats what i want to know
    whats beyond the beyond
  • Butz Mc... Hawk.Ice 2011/06/15 19:52:14
    Butz McCrackin'
    +1
    chuck norris
  • Hawk.Ice Butz Mc... 2011/06/15 19:54:04
    Hawk.Ice
    +2
    probably
    thats why no one has gotten there yet

2014/12/19 01:44:19