What would it take to get you to forgive someone for cheating?

SLIDESHOW: .

1 of 1

• SusanaZamoranoTorres 2010/06/30 08:07:53
    SusanaZamoranoTorres
    +2
    ermmmm dunno!!!!!!!!
  • lylamerican 2010/06/30 08:02:48
    lylamerican
    +1
    ya know at my ase all they need to do is ask..have at it!
  • Cass 2010/06/30 05:27:47
    Cass
    +2
    What's good for the goose is good for the gander... If I loved them enough, I'd make them prove they loved me enough, by letting me cheat as they did. I'm not a hugly jealous person, but cheating on someone you 'love' is a biggie.
  • Manuel 2010/06/30 05:05:35
    Manuel
    +1
    I would forgive the person...for nothing...and just forget about that person for the rest of my life....
  • Happy Face 2010/06/30 04:15:57
    Happy Face
    +3
    I don't forgive. If they cheat we can't be in that kind of relationship again. There would be trust issues, I would only forgive as far as friends.
  • Megan ~ PHAET 2010/06/30 04:04:39
    Megan ~ PHAET
    +2
    Forgive? I don't know that I could.
  • Steven 2010/06/30 03:43:38
    Steven
    +4
    Caught a girlfriend blowing some guy on my couch. I didn't like her that much to begin with. The only thing that pissed me off is I had really liked that couch. I took satisfaction in knowing he didn't get to finish. I never forgave her even though she tried to return the favor for cheating on me by repaying me with bj's till her jaw wouldn't work. She wasn't that good. I was just keeping things cool for a lil bit to keep her from bringing blokes over until I could move out. Her mom and dad found out about the whole thing from her kid. That right there was classic. I even spilled her dirty lil secret to all the people in the chat room she used to hang out with. It was pretty humorous though as an after thought. Wasn't at the time though but it was classic. You can thank your stars if that has never happened to you. But when it does, that's rock bottom!
  • Dark De... Steven 2010/06/30 03:51:34
    Dark Demonic™ ★ The Original SodaHead Guru ★
    +3
    I had a similar experience, minus the fellatio. lol

I was trying to find a new home and one day I came home and found some strange guy sitting in the living room, on MY sofa, so I asked him politely to stand up a moment, pulled out my knife and cut the thing to pieces as she came in the room shouting. I merely looked at her and said, "Look, we're not together and that's okay, but you will NOT be having dates on MY furniture." I know it was a bit extreme, but it could have been a lot worse and I got the impression from the guy that he understood and respected my point. :o)
  • Blix Steven 2010/06/30 05:05:15
    Blix
    +3
    Rock Bottom?
    More like carte blanche to go have a good time.
  • La 2010/06/30 03:41:28
    La
    +1
    he has all the power in our relationship and i love him too much. i would not leave him.....even if he cheated....i'm not sure how long it would take me to forgive him though, but as long as he still loved me, i would stay....
  • LilaGra... La 2010/06/30 13:08:32
    LilaGrace ~ Proud Liberal
    +1
    If they really love you, they don't cheat. Think about that. And no one has power over you unless you give it to them. Not a good idea. No one will ever take as good care of you as you do of yourself, so if you allow people to treat you like crap it's like saying you don't care about you either.
  • La LilaGra... 2010/06/30 14:09:45
    La
    +1
    there's enough music out there of guys expressing remorse for cheating...it's evidently possible for guys to make mistakes and then truly regret them. annnd trust me, he has the power. i could take power back by leaving i guess...but i don't want to leave. i'm not lacking in self-worth or anything, i just see it how it is. isn't that the whole idea of love? putting their desires before your own?
  • LilaGra... La 2010/06/30 15:32:47
    LilaGrace ~ Proud Liberal
    +2
    First of all, no offense, but you don't sound like you're in love, you sound co-dependant. And second, you did get the memo that guys LIE, right? Just because someone put it in a song doesn't mean all the cheaters out there actually feel remorse when they cheat. A man will say anything to get himself off the hook. And if 'seeing how it is' means letting a man cheat on you, then you might want to rethink that whole "I'm not lacking in self-worth" thing. The whole idea of love isn't putting their desires ahead of yours if that means letting them screw around on you just because they 'desire' it. I don't know how old you are, but all that "stand by your man, no matter how much he lies, cheats or hurts you" crap went out with bobby socks and 'Leave it to Beaver'. You are worth more than some guy who would disrespect you so badly. Let me guess...He tells you he's the best you can do and no one else would want you? If that's what he says, then he's full of sh** and you DESERVE BETTER.
  • La LilaGra... 2010/06/30 17:35:35
    La
    +1
    ya i am well aware that guys lie and i'm pretty good at identifying it tbh. i know the song example wasn't particularly good, but i'm just saying, everyone is liek I'D NEVER STAY IF HE CHEATED but in reality, quite a lot of people do...a lot of things depend on the surrounding circumstances. cheating is ridiculously common if the statistics are anywhere near the truth. annd he hasn't cheated on me, i'm just saying, i wouldn't necessarily leave just because he did. if he was out picking up every weekend, then i obviously wouldn't stay. i'm just saying, everyone grabs onto the "betrayal of being cheated on" thing and rolls with it, and it's more complicated than that in real life. i know i could go out and find someone who is "better" than he is, but fact of the matter is, i don't want to.
  • LilaGra... La 2010/06/30 18:13:11
    LilaGrace ~ Proud Liberal
    +1
    It's NOT more complicated than that in real life, that's just it. I have BEEN there, and it's only as complicated as YOU allow it to become. There is nothing complicated about having self-respect. How can anyone respect THEMSELF, if they allow the person they are closest to in the world to show them so much DISrespect? Grabbing onto the "betrayal of being cheated on"? Seriously? So should everyone just look the other way when they are betrayed? Not to mention the danger of disease that comes with cheating. Would you want your beloved to bring home some lovely diseases to share with you? If you KNOW you can do better, but you choose not to, then maybe there are underlying issues that you should be addressing that make you WANT to stay in a relationship like that.

Here are some words to live by, and I have been for over 5 years: I'd rather be alone for the right reasons, than with someone for the wrong ones.

Seriously, I hope you give some thought to this, because if you already know you can do better, then in the back of your mind you must already know that he either may already have cheated, or he has the potential to cheat. And I said it before but it bears repeating: YOU DESERVE BETTER. Good luck. I'm afraid you may need it.
  • La LilaGra... 2010/06/30 18:34:43 (edited)
    La
    +1
    ahaha. erm thanks for taking such a personal interest....=/

i do indeed possess a healthy level of self respect. you're looking at this in a very black-and-white manner....i didn't say that everyone should just feign ignorance if they are being cheated on, i just said there's a host of surrounding circumstances that should be taken into account. it's situation-dependant. if your partner cheats on you once and is stupid enough to not use protection, you probably shouldn't be dating him anyway.

pretty much everyone can do better than who they are with, since no man is perfect and there will always be better men out there...it's a sign that i am realistic and not deluded to say that i could be dating someone "better".

every human alive has the potential to cheat, it's a matter of choice. and like i said, i know he's not cheating on me. if i left him, i would need to be doing so for a number of reasons, and not just because i was cheated on.
  • jubil8 ... La 2011/03/21 21:41:29
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    +1
    "isn't that the whole idea of love? putting their desires before your own?"

Not unless it's mutual and your SO is putting your desires before his/her own. Love thrives in a relationship between equals.
  • αυвzzz☣ßαmf☣►One Hit Rage Quit◄
    +2
    Its happened to me several times and I ended up being friends with two of the 5 who did so but its very rare for me to seek friendship after that
  • Jester 2010/06/30 03:24:31
    Jester
    +5
    I have only been in that situation once, and for me, there was no forgiveness as I ended it immediatley. We still talk occasionally and are civil to one another, but that is where it ends.
  • Dark De... Jester 2010/06/30 03:28:18
    +4
    I feel the same. I don't see any point of staying in a relationship with someone who's cheated, if they've done it once that's proof they can do it again and that's all I need to know. :o)
  • Jester Dark De... 2010/06/30 03:29:46
    Jester
    +4
    I could just never look at her the same ever again.
  • Dark De... Jester 2010/06/30 03:31:03
    +3
    I agree, you can try to get past it and rebuild trust, but it will always be a shadow that never leaves.
  • Blix Jester 2010/06/30 05:11:31
    Blix
    +2
    Should you really condemn the girl for just being a normal human being?
    Were you a vestal in the equation? Or just never got caught?
    With all due respect.She must be worth the effort, since you were with
    her in the 1st place.

Peace out,
  • Angelique ~ Pfffft! ;)~ 2010/06/30 03:12:04
    Angelique ~ Pfffft!  ;)~
    +1
    When i find the forgiveness, I'll let you know. When I do find it I will not forget though.
  • Shilo 2010/06/30 03:02:37
    Shilo
    +3
    Forgive? Time, and the knowledge that they were truly sorry. But it would never fix things, and I would never forget it.
  • Alejandra 2010/06/30 02:54:20 (edited)
    Alejandra
    +2
    Running Blood,and Open Wounds!!,in other words nothing, because they would know I would'nt do it...!!
  • tagarooz Alejandra 2010/06/30 15:08:24
    tagarooz
    +2
    Bwahaha.
  • Alejandra Alejandra 2010/06/30 16:08:01
    Alejandra
    +1
    I could never forgive some one because when trust is broken, it can not be repaired..
  • Mystical♥Gleek 2010/06/30 02:49:17
    Mystical♥Gleek
    +1
    It would have to take a lot of trust back for me to take back a cheating partner. Once they cheat, I don't trust them anymore.
  • Foxhound BN0 2010/06/30 02:48:14
  • Carla 2010/06/30 02:44:26
    Carla
    +2
    Nothing once you lose my trust its basically impossible for you to gain it back.
  • Alejandra Carla 2010/06/30 16:09:59
    Alejandra
    +1
    Fantastic answer!!
  • Mallah's Brain 2010/06/30 02:43:23
    Mallah's Brain
    +5
    after i cut their dick off i am the heart of human forgiveness
  • Alejandra Mallah'... 2010/06/30 16:10:34
    Alejandra
    +1
    GO GIRL !! LORENA BOBBIT
  • Anthony~ Agent of PHÄ€T 2010/06/30 02:42:37
    Anthony~ Agent of  PHÄ€T
    +1
    a whole hell of a lot of prayer
  • Disko Pickle 2010/06/30 02:39:29 (edited)
    Disko Pickle
    +15
    Ten of these:
  • Mallah'... Disko P... 2010/06/30 02:47:12
    Mallah's Brain
    +3
    you're a cheap date.
    If they gave me no less than $100K i would give a start at forgiveness
  • Alejandra Disko P... 2010/06/30 16:11:15
    Alejandra
    +2
    That's it, your cheap..}
  • smileyseven 2010/06/30 02:37:42
    smileyseven
    +2
    if they were sincerely sorry.
  • Mallah'... smileys... 2010/06/30 02:47:52
    Mallah's Brain
    +1
    everyone is sincerely sorry ... until the next time they cheat

2014/11/26 18:51:53