What Should Be Done to This Drunken Art Vandal?

Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2012/01/06 16:43:43
Woman Scratches, Rubs Butt Over $30M Paintingwoman scratches rubs butt 30m painting
This work by Clyfford Still, titled "D No. 1," was not damaged by a drunken woman.

A Colorado woman dropped her pants at a museum and rubbed her rear end all over a painting valued at $30 million, according to police.

woman dropped pants museum rubbed rear painting valued 30 police
Carmen Tisch, 36, was arrested after scratching, punching and, well, rubbing her butt against Clyfford Still's "1957-J no.2" and causing an estimated $10,000 damage to the artwork at the Clyfford Still Museum in Denver. Police believe she was drunk during the late December incident.
"You have to wonder where her friends were," a spokeswoman for the district attorney's office told the Denver Post.
Tisch was charged with felony criminal mischief on Wednesday and has been held on a $20,000 bond since the incident in late December, said Lynn Kimbrough, spokeswoman for the Denver District Attorney's Office.
The oil-on-canvas abstract expressionist painting was spared additional damage when the woman tried to urinate on it but apparently missed.

"It doesn't appear she urinated on the painting or that the urine damaged it, so she's not being charged with that," Kimbrough said according to the Denver Post.

Still, who lived from 1904 to 1980, was considered one of the most influential of the American post-World War Two abstract expressionist artists, although he was not as well known as others such as Jackson Pollock. Four of his works were auctioned by Sotheby's last year for $114 million to endow the Denver museum, which opened in November.

Read More: http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/weird/Woman-Scra...

• Mel the Witch POTL PWCM~JLA 2012/01/06 18:06:28
    I think the woman should......
    Mel the Witch POTL PWCM~JLA
    +9
    Work for the New York Times as the "Art Critic"
  • Bill ~PWCM~JLA 2012/01/06 17:42:21
    Other Thoughts!
    Bill ~PWCM~JLA
    +7
    Ummmmm..... I went online and looked at the painting and I'm thinking the "artist" might have painted it with his butt. Maybe she actually enhanced it's value....

I'm not excusing what she did, I'm just sayin'........
  • Soundstorm Bill ~P... 2012/01/14 05:45:22
    Soundstorm
    +1
    It makes me wonder if I could commit a successful art forgery by selling the gallery the rear wall of my tool shed.
  • Bill ~P... Soundstorm 2012/01/15 12:41:28
    Bill ~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    Don't under estimate that wall. I think it depends on who is making the purchasing decisions. A while back in Maggie Valley N. Carolina I went to the motorcycle museum there. Inside on one display the owner had set up an old garage. When I walked in, I felt like I went back in time and I tried to capture the feeling in a picture but failed. The back wall of his tool shed was fantastic in my eyes. However, the beauty of it might be lost to the "little people." Hmmmm... I guess our own tool sheds are works in progress. LOL
  • Wayne 2012/01/06 17:39:43 (edited)
    Other Thoughts!
    Wayne
    +5
    According to the local news media here in Colorado, the woman scratched, punched and urinated on the picture and hid it behind a glass door. I suppose the news changed the further away from where it happened or the folks in California have a different meaning to what she did, or our great police department here did. Further the local museum reported the painting to be $60M not $30M. To me, meh...I wouldn't give $1.59 for it to cover a hole in my back closet. As far as what should be done with the "lady" that urinated on the thing, well maybe a few sessions with a psychologist to help her understand that that is not the best way to go about trying to improve a horrendous painting and perhaps a few lessons on how to use a brush.
    Edited to add: Actually the news media interviewed a lady from the museum about the damage that said they had sold three other paintings from the same artist and indicated the painting could be worth as much as $60M. It was estimated that the cost to repair the damage to the painting could cost $10,000.00 if it could be repaired at all. The story apparently has numerous versions but I take the first hand story from the lady at the museum. Here is one article on the incident: http://www.foxnews.com/us/201...
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/201...
    http://www.da...
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/201...
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...
  • Dagon 2012/01/06 17:34:49
  • flrdsgns 2012/01/06 17:17:25
    I think the woman should......
    flrdsgns
    +5
    A heavy fine ought to make her think twice before pulling such a stupid stunt like that again
  • Nancy~P... flrdsgns 2012/01/06 17:19:44
    Nancy~PWCM~JLA~POTL
    +7
    now they have her Butt prints
  • Nancy~P... Nancy~P... 2012/01/06 17:28:10
    Nancy~PWCM~JLA~POTL
    +7
    might be considered art to some LOL
  • Soundstorm Nancy~P... 2012/01/14 05:48:39
    Soundstorm
    +1
    With the state of the publicly subsidised art world today it may as well be.
  • Soundstorm Nancy~P... 2012/01/14 05:47:09
    Soundstorm
    +1
    Which will be assuredly filed in the national data base.
  • Murph 2012/01/06 17:17:12 (edited)
    I think the woman should......
    Murph
    +5
    She should get some kind of award. How does something that looks like it was painted by a three year old come to be worth $30 million? Even the title makes no sense; so I googled the "artist", who can be most politely described as an eccentric.
  • FeedFwd ~POTL 2012/01/06 17:11:06
    Other Thoughts!
    FeedFwd ~POTL
    +6
    The woman should be held responsible and should make restitution as best she can. I'm guessing there is no way she could come close, but she could either serve time and/or have part of her future income garnished. OTOH, I wouldn't trust art experts to put a value on the painting. When was it last sold and how much did it sell for? have there been any recent sales of similar works by the same artist? The art critics may be right, but I'd want to do a sanity check first.
  • Charu ∞ijm♥∞ 2012/01/06 17:09:35
    Other Thoughts!
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    +7
    Apparently she didn't think it was art or maybe she thought it needed something else.
    LOL....Oh my gosh, I can't believe she did that! LOL
  • Soundstorm Charu ∞... 2012/01/13 09:01:18
    Soundstorm
    +1
    She merely wanted to give her critique of this fascinating and unique work.
  • Charu ∞... Soundstorm 2012/01/13 20:00:26
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    +1
    Oh I am sure she did! :D
  • Nancy~PWCM~JLA~POTL 2012/01/06 17:06:12
    Other Thoughts!
    Nancy~PWCM~JLA~POTL
    +11
    This painting should have been secured and untouchable. Look but don't touch! As if for children since some obvious adults cannot do the same.
    Look BUTT don't don't touch!
  • FeedFwd... Nancy~P... 2012/01/06 17:14:15
    FeedFwd ~POTL
    +6
    I suspect that it took some work for her to apply her butt to the painting. I can't imagine it was just left sitting in a chair. But you make a point. If I have something worth 3 million, it will be protected and insured.
  • Scooter 2012/01/06 16:59:14
    Other Thoughts!
    Scooter
    +8
    She must really hate his artwork...If that painting is worth 3 million...I think I want to be a painter!!
  • Stevern... Scooter 2012/01/06 17:05:40
    Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +9
    Na...The painting is worth $30M.
    Where do they think that that painting is worth all that money?
  • Nancy~P... Stevern... 2012/01/06 17:09:44
    Nancy~PWCM~JLA~POTL
    +6
    I have some artwork too, I I don't know the value other than to me and if I went off the deep end and considered myself a 'real' artist probably the pricetag would go up. I guess eccentrics are noted for that
  • Scooter Stevern... 2012/01/06 17:13:22
    Scooter
    +9
    OMG! 30?? Heck, I can already paint like that!!! LOL!!
  • Nancy~P... Stevern... 2012/01/06 17:18:35
    Nancy~PWCM~JLA~POTL
    +6
    I guess some art guru will by it. Worth I dunno'
  • Dagon Stevern... 2012/01/06 17:36:39
  • Eddie L... Scooter 2012/01/06 17:05:55
    Eddie L~PWCM~JLA
    +7
    $30 million. I always ask my woman "why is someone else's random gibberish worth millions and my random gibberish not?"
  • FeedFwd... Scooter 2012/01/06 17:12:37
    FeedFwd ~POTL
    +6
    Your paintings are never worth that much while you are alive. What you really want are some dead relatives who painted and left you their "lost collections".
  • Soundstorm FeedFwd... 2012/01/13 22:16:51
    Soundstorm
    +1
    Of course dying to boost the value of your artwork is a lousy deal. So the second best option would be.....'Notoriety'.
    Just as long as you don't kill someone to get it.
  • Soundstorm Scooter 2012/01/13 08:04:21
    Soundstorm
    +1
    The art world today is a ripe field for scams and con artists. Why I could possibly make an easy bundle passing off a fake Mondrian.

Color Samples

[Color Samples by Pieter Mondrian 1872 - 1944]
  • Demonic Rat Hunter 2012/01/06 16:54:19
    Other Thoughts!
    Demonic Rat Hunter
    +8
    Boy they get stranger and more deranged looking everyday.
  • Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2012/01/06 16:49:30
    Other Thoughts!
    Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +12
    This woman is old enough to "know better" .But she sure does look like another Progressive douchebag" !
  • Eddie L~PWCM~JLA 2012/01/06 16:49:22
    I think the woman should......
    Eddie L~PWCM~JLA
    +12
    Be appointed as Obama's arts and humanities adviser.
  • Charu ∞... Eddie L... 2012/01/06 17:06:43
  • FeedFwd... Eddie L... 2012/01/06 17:15:04
    FeedFwd ~POTL
    +6
    Sounds about right! :(
  • Randice Eddie L... 2012/01/06 20:33:32
    Randice
    +5
    He doesn't already have one?
  • J Montana 2012/01/06 16:45:12
    I think the woman should......
    J Montana
    +14
    Wow! That is insane.
  • FeedFwd... J Montana 2012/01/06 17:15:59
    FeedFwd ~POTL
    +5
    And nasty! Who would do such a thing and what would make somebody even get the urge to do that?
  • Stevern... FeedFwd... 2012/01/06 17:21:26
    Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +4
    Maybe she was drinking some of this stuff!

Jagermeister liqueur gifs
  • FeedFwd... Stevern... 2012/01/06 17:25:06
    FeedFwd ~POTL
    +3
    I would have figured her for Wild Irish Rose, Ripple, or maybe Mad Dog 20/20.
  • Stevern... FeedFwd... 2012/01/06 17:29:45
    Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +4
    you might be right.Those "wines" are a whole lot cheaper,then Jager!
  • jere.ch... Stevern... 2012/01/13 01:32:49
    jere.chievres
    +2
    Jagermeister is some NASTY Crap!

2014/12/18 00:46:12