What religion did you choose to follow?

Mystical♥Gleek 2010/08/20 17:47:12
Related Topics: Religion, beliefs, Jewish
Christian
Catholic
Protestant
Muslim
Hindu
Buddhism
Jewish
Atheist
Neither
Other
I chose to be none. I have my own beliefs. I don't like this war going on about it. All these religions have different beliefs. They can't all be right...but they can all be wrong.

YES, I KNOW THAT ATHEISM ISN'T A RELIGION BEFORE I POSTED THIS QUESTION. I JUST PUT IT ON THERE ANYWAYS!

• Disko Pickle 2010/08/20 22:16:10
    Other
    Disko Pickle
    +5
    I don't believe it's possible to choose a religion. I also disagree with your premise that it's not possible for all religions to be right.

• JAA 2012/07/08 18:06:19
    Christian
    JAA
    The only "right" belief system is Christianity. Religion is evil, & atheism, human secularism, and anti-theism are beliefs leading to nowhere.
  • elijahin24 2012/07/05 14:20:29
    Atheist
    elijahin24
    I love that for everyone else you put a symbol or picture which respectfully signifies their religion, whereas for atheists, you posted snide, inaccurate remark about our ideas. You could have posted the humanist torch, or a scientific symbol. You could have even put a picture of nothing. Thanks.
  • gizzibag 2012/06/30 15:50:39
    Other
    gizzibag
    god's religion
  • heartsonfire 2012/06/29 04:23:14
    Other
    heartsonfire
    I'm an apatheist.
  • JAA heartso... 2012/07/08 18:07:07
    JAA
    That might just be the worst of all of them.
  • heartso... JAA 2012/07/10 04:38:22
    heartsonfire
    Do you even know what that is? if you don't please inform yourself and then tell me how apatheism is the worst.
  • JAA heartso... 2012/07/10 13:14:35 (edited)
    JAA
    Baby cakes, I could run rings around you in the etymology & vocabulary department. My doctorate degree trumps your GED, & your snide remarks are appearing to be a reflection of who you are & precisely why you need God. Please don't make it any worse by continuing in this vein.

btw, you will one day be required to care or give a flying leap about God. You'll have no choice. Best wishes.
  • heartso... JAA 2012/07/13 03:58:17
  • JAA heartso... 2012/07/13 10:19:21 (edited)
    JAA
    You're a teenager, admit it. When a person baits another with a statement like, "if you don't please inform yourself and then tell me how apatheism is the worst," then gets their little feelings hurt and continues in the same insulting way....well, seems to be a bit immature for a college student.

Anyway, no need to respond back. I'll leave you be.
  • heartso... JAA 2012/07/15 02:47:02
    heartsonfire
    No I'm not a teenager but if it suits you to believe that then that's your right. As I recall you baited me in the first place by telling me that there is something wrong with what I believe. Not everyone has to believe what you believe, but that doesn't mean their belief is wrong. You insulted me by saying that what I believe is the worst of them all. I responded in turn. BTW my feelings are far from hurt. You don't have that kind of power. You are the immature one, since you are close minded to other people's beliefs. But like I said, I'm going to continue to believe what I want whether or not you agree.
  • JAA heartso... 2012/07/15 03:43:42
    JAA
    Are you still here? I'd appreciate if you stop responding to me. You're being too hypersensitive.
  • Dickens 2012/06/29 00:39:57 (edited)
    Other
    Dickens
    ...depending upon how one looks at it, it could be said I follow both; I follow all religions and I follow no religion...("..I am AT the church, but not IN it..")
  • Heat Her 2012/06/28 20:30:55
    Other
    Heat Her
  • JAA Heat Her 2012/07/08 18:07:40
    JAA
    +1
    Paganism?
  • Mia Murderous 2012/06/28 19:27:54
    Other
    Mia Murderous
    +1
    Pagan.
  • Nadrasta 2012/06/28 19:16:56
    Other
    Nadrasta
  • Playerazzi 2012/06/28 12:40:13
    Jewish
    Playerazzi
    It's not that you don't have a religion.

It's just your own religion, that's all.
  • Swan Eshdeh 2012/06/28 11:21:44
    Muslim
    Swan Eshdeh
    +1
    thank god
  • just some random guy 2012/06/28 11:02:05
  • JAA just so... 2012/06/28 17:36:13
    JAA
    So, your beliefs are based on emotionalism? That's sad & reveals a person who does not think.
  • Zeruke 2012/06/28 06:20:30
    Other
    Zeruke
    raised Christian but chose Deism which is a form of natural religion which does not have "holy" books
  • JAA Zeruke 2012/07/08 18:08:33
    JAA
    Nor does it have purpose or a happy ending.
  • Zeruke JAA 2012/07/08 18:36:07
    Zeruke
    well that's your opinion since to me it does which is my own revelation on the subject and its different to each person and even if one has a revelation let it be from their own reasoning or because of a book they will never know if it was true till the day they die and see it for themselves
  • JAA Zeruke 2012/07/08 19:10:42 (edited)
    JAA
    Best wishes to you on that. I'd just hate to be where you're at, get to the end of the road, only to find out how screwed I am for not having listened to the truth. Bye.
  • Zeruke JAA 2012/07/08 19:36:49
    Zeruke
    and it would be funny if you get to the end and find out your the one screwed and that what you think is a truth is not.... that's the problem with anything dealing with God since there are so many beliefs that say God is with them, ultimately making the end a paradox like the schrodinger's cat where we can know only after we truly see such a thing

so saying you have the truth is a guess at best just like if I was to say the same thing.... but one thing is for sure that I know 100% sure that the things I have done I will own up to and not act like I never done such a thing which I know their are plenty of people who will not do that
  • JAA Zeruke 2012/07/08 19:45:29
    JAA
    Well, unlike you I don't believe it is "funny" at all; however, I've got way more information to go on in my little pinky finger than you do in your whole body (serious). The truth is there for you to see, but it's not going to be spoon-fed to you. You actually have to WANT the truth, & by remaining blind to those truths because you can't see past the lies & subterfuge, you lose out on the greatest gift you have been offered . . . salvation & a better way of life.

It won't do you any good to "own up" to stuff if the outcome is the same . . . eternity in hell. God isn't going to give us a pass for just being "good" people. There's where you get mixed up in "religion". Religion is Satan's ace trump in deceiving the whole world. He gets people like you to focus on anything BUT Jesus Christ, woos you into a false sense of security, then abandons you on Judgement Day. It is still your choice, & by our talking about it does not mean I am trying to force anything on you. I believe in free will & privacy. It's always your choice, just make sure you've done the research before you abandon all hope.
  • Zeruke JAA 2012/07/08 20:20:49
    Zeruke
    its always funny when someone is wrong even if im wrong its funny..... and how would you know if you have more information then me.... I sure don't know if you have more or less information then me and stating you do ends up being quite self-righteous... what I know is that nature itself can and does show the truth but its up to each person to figure it out(which means you need to WANT to know it)...... also I already think we have the greatest gift its called a LIFE anything after that is a plus

again you could be very wrong just like I could in this whole subject.... and the thing is Deism is not really a religion but a basic set of beliefs like Theism which is just the belief in the existence of a God or Gods the major difference(for the most part) is that Theism uses a group of people's revelations to tell others how God(usually through a "holy" book) is while Deism everyone has their own revelations which does not need to be shared with others since its not always meant for others

and then when it comes to religion I see there being two types of religion.... one is were a group of people believe something based on the same information while the second one has the same premise just that there is a "leader" that dictates things for everyone effectively causing them to not to...

and then when it comes to religion I see there being two types of religion.... one is were a group of people believe something based on the same information while the second one has the same premise just that there is a "leader" that dictates things for everyone effectively causing them to not to try and learn for themselves

also I do focus on Jesus just not the miracles like multiplying bread and fish, turning water into wine, ...etc

and I never said you were forcing me to do anything
  • JAA Zeruke 2012/07/08 23:33:36 (edited)
    JAA
    I've been around this ole world for a very long time, & have yet to find someone who claims they have read the Bible & studied it, to actually understand what they've read upon further questioning & discussion. It's one thing having read something, & quite a different matter actually understanding it, especially within context, from the original languages as opposed to translations, & as a result of spiritual appraisal. I didn't say that to sound self-righteous or a know-it-all, it just generally rings true.

There are "Intellectuals" & some atheists, when carrying on a mature & non-threatening conversation about God & the Bible, that at least admit when they don't "get it", or they show a healthy respect for the Bible, even if they cannot make themselves come to terms with God. Anti-theists & people who do not know what they're talking about are much more defensive & begin with the mocking, name-calling & ad hominems, like is frequently seen with insecure bullies, in order to cover their lack of knowledge & understanding.

Christianity is NOT a "religion". It just isn't, especially when one understands what makes a religion a religion. That doesn't mean there aren't a lot of "religious" people who claim to be Christians, but Christianity is an extremely unique belief system, & quite dif...&&

&&&

&&&

Christianity is NOT a "religion". It just isn't, especially when one understands what makes a religion a religion. That doesn't mean there aren't a lot of "religious" people who claim to be Christians, but Christianity is an extremely unique belief system, & quite different from "religions". Deism IS a religion of sorts, as it involves people making up their beliefs as they go, believing they must be "good" in order to achieve spirituality, please God, or get into heaven or come back in a different, evolved form in the "next life", etc. It is a belief system without a Savior, with no moral authority (because it's arbitrary & relative), & no clear purpose. This is religion at its finest.

The RCC is not Christian, because it is steeped in legalism, rules, a hierarchy of church leadership, goes against the Bible, adds & takes away from the Bible, is heretical & engaged in blasphemous behaviors, & is controlling of its congregants . . . all things that turn off the previous "devout" followers who have now "lost their religion."

You might focus on Jesus, but you focus on a false Jesus, which is prophesied in the Bible. You make up your own Jesus, not the One who is the subject of the entire OT & NT. That is blasphemous & is a rejection of Jesus Christ. It's like someone focusing on you without even getting to know you, then espousing a whole religion based on that false version of who you are. It certainly does not end well for the believer who has their own rules & revelations, apart from any TRUTH.
  • cm 2012/06/28 06:06:23
    Other
    cm
  • ✞ॐGuru Joshॐ✞ 2012/06/28 04:52:37
    Hindu
    ✞ॐGuru Joshॐ✞
    Hinduism.
  • Staind_wolf94 2012/06/28 04:42:23
    Other
    Staind_wolf94
    Idk if it has a name, but if I believed anything faith-based it would be that god created the universe and sat back to watch the sparks fly
  • Zeruke Staind_... 2012/06/28 06:21:37
    Zeruke
    +1
    your probably thinking of Deism but any natural religion would show the same thing
  • Staind_... Zeruke 2012/06/28 07:20:06
    Staind_wolf94
    I mean like legit there's no reason to pray, not sacrifice nothing.
    the people shouldnt even know he's there
  • JAA Staind_... 2012/06/28 17:37:14
    JAA
    What a very odd thing to say, & it shows that you've obviously not put any intelligent thought into the issue.
  • Staind_... JAA 2012/06/28 22:18:15
    Staind_wolf94
    I meant for a religion I would believe in. No need to get snippy.

-yes, that's right. I use the word snippy
  • JAA Staind_... 2012/06/30 03:07:02
    JAA
    I wasn't "snippy", just not understanding a thing you're saying. Still don't.
  • Staind_... JAA 2012/06/30 03:11:15
    Staind_wolf94
    +1
    You're basically saying that I'm not an intelligent person. Thank you for the input. I'll try to work on that for the next time I talk to you. Have a wonderful night.
  • JAA Staind_... 2012/06/30 03:13:01
    JAA
    No, you are being hypersensitive. Had I thought you were stoooopid, I would have said so. What I said, & I reiterate, I DON"T UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU"RE TALKING ABOUT!!! Now, take that as you wish, but it had NOTHING to do with your intellect, but it may have had a lot to do with my lack of understanding. Got it?
  • Zeruke Staind_... 2012/06/28 22:21:47
    Zeruke
    thats basically what deism is.... it has no rules or holy books other then the belief in a God(s) and/or Goddess(es) since its basically a natural religion.... I will also point out http://moderndeism.com/ since it has some info on it but is not definite because everyone has their own revelations
  • Staind_... Zeruke 2012/06/28 22:25:49
    Staind_wolf94
    okay, I will check it out. It actually sounds pretty promising.^^

2014/08/29 22:30:26