What might your significant other do that would make you resentful?

Shawna 2012/09/24 05:51:13
Related Topics: Cheating, Significant Other
I would grow resentful if my significant other.........
I can put up with anything.
Other
I'm thinking about more subtle things, not something like cheating.

• Tommy 2012/09/25 14:56:19
    Tommy
    +1
    .... kept a dictionary under the table during a game of Scrabble.
  • Shawna Tommy 2012/09/25 16:09:52
    Shawna
    +1
    LOL-but maybe she would share it.
  • Just me ♥ 2012/09/25 02:39:04
    Other
    Just me ♥
    +1
    He refuses to wear his cpap which makes his snoring echo throughout the house and it makes him grumpy the next day which makes ME grumpy.
  • Shawna Just me ♥ 2012/09/25 04:05:02
    Shawna
    Oh that's a tough one. It's not comfortable though, that cpap so I can sort of understand his resistance.
  • FortunaVeritas 2012/09/25 01:55:13
    FortunaVeritas
    +1
    Constantly nagged or nit-picked or tried to dictate my every action.
  • Shawna Fortuna... 2012/09/25 04:05:20
    Shawna
    That would be extremely annoying.
  • Jerry 2012/09/24 19:25:09
    Other
    Jerry
    +1
    ..........Foremost, in any kind of relationship, it would be a Man, and a Woman, I learned from my brief 3 year marriage that what is spoken at the wedding alter, over time may not be the case, I hold those wedding vows, deep within my heart, I would never hit a girlfriend or a wife, those kind of slime climb out beneath those rocks, they emerge from, I will always be a person that will listen intently to my Soul Mate, and then offer my input, although the end result, may be compromise on each other's part, certainly True Love, evolves from knowing a person as a Special Friend first, it's a new relationship for each person, not just one, certainly, the intimacy needs to be there, but knowing when to be intimate around groups of people, should be maintained in a committed relationship, wandering eyes for other persons, by either the Man or the Woman, will always doom a loving relationship, I learned, in my brief marriage, that it is not just being proficient in bed does not constitute everything else, that makes a lifetime of marriage grow and prosper, Heaven knows, my ex wife proved to be less loving overall, than me, I never cheated on my ex, during Our marriage, I don't believe She cheated on me, but in marriage, after the ceremony and reception is long past, some marriages ...
    ..........Foremost, in any kind of relationship, it would be a Man, and a Woman, I learned from my brief 3 year marriage that what is spoken at the wedding alter, over time may not be the case, I hold those wedding vows, deep within my heart, I would never hit a girlfriend or a wife, those kind of slime climb out beneath those rocks, they emerge from, I will always be a person that will listen intently to my Soul Mate, and then offer my input, although the end result, may be compromise on each other's part, certainly True Love, evolves from knowing a person as a Special Friend first, it's a new relationship for each person, not just one, certainly, the intimacy needs to be there, but knowing when to be intimate around groups of people, should be maintained in a committed relationship, wandering eyes for other persons, by either the Man or the Woman, will always doom a loving relationship, I learned, in my brief marriage, that it is not just being proficient in bed does not constitute everything else, that makes a lifetime of marriage grow and prosper, Heaven knows, my ex wife proved to be less loving overall, than me, I never cheated on my ex, during Our marriage, I don't believe She cheated on me, but in marriage, after the ceremony and reception is long past, some marriages that was once a roaring fire, can flicker, reduction to warm ashes, and eventually is nothing but cold ashes, very sad for each person, to realize, what was, is no more, so I'm leaving this post here, for the next day or so to help people that apparently Love each other, taking it to deeper levels in a committed relationship, all the things I've mentioned, need to be considered, before mechanically satisfying each other in the bedroom, commitment is a serious facet of sharing, not one person sharing, and the other person taking, because that is not healthy and the relationship will ultimately fail, I welcome sensible input on this post, anyone that just wants to shallowly trash with vulgarity and the like, including answering with graphic garbage, please answer to other posts, not this one........thank you for listening........ Commitment by a Man and Woman  Wedding Vows  and Lifetime Together
  • Shawna Jerry 2012/09/25 04:08:05
    Shawna
    You are quite right, Jerry. There is so much more to it than the sexual part of the relationship. Your partner should be your best friend and you should treat them as such.
  • Jerry Shawna 2012/09/26 05:17:22 (edited)
    Jerry
    +1
    ..........absolutely, too bad, you and me live so far apart from each other, if You can find it, on one of the posts, I did something nice for the two of Us...........;-)
  • Shawna Mike 2012/09/25 04:08:36
    Shawna
    +1
    Trust and honesty are extremely important, I agree.
  • SoCalEx-Dem 2012/09/24 15:52:27
    Other
    SoCalEx-Dem
    +1
    My husband was greedy which led to his death through an overdose. Yes, I am resentful.
  • Shawna SoCalEx... 2012/09/25 04:09:23
    Shawna
    +1
    I can understand why. It is hard to be the one left behind to pick up the pieces.
  • SoCalEx... Shawna 2012/09/25 06:42:36
    SoCalEx-Dem
    +1
    My children are the pieces he left behind. No problem taking up the slack, there was none, I've always been responsible for mine without his help.
  • Shawna SoCalEx... 2012/09/25 16:13:01
    Shawna
    +1
    I'm sorry he turned out to be such a disappointment. It sounds like you are very strong and I'm sure your children benefitted from that.
  • naked_and_barefoot N.I.T. 2012/09/24 15:40:20
    I can put up with anything.
    naked_and_barefoot N.I.T.
    +2
    I picked this simply because we both put up with anything at home and after 12 years of marriage we are very playful with each other and name calling in private. That being said never never never EVER disrespect me in public or in front of friends. I would become something 20X your worst evil nightmare.....*
  • Shawna naked_a... 2012/09/25 04:10:14
    Shawna
    +1
    Yes, it is a matter of showing respect for each other, I agree.
  • Semper Fi 2012/09/24 14:42:13
    Semper Fi
    +3
    ...voted for Obama.
  • Shawna Semper Fi 2012/09/24 14:46:46
    Shawna
    +2
    For me, political compatibility is important too.
  • patrona 2012/09/24 13:50:14
    Other
    patrona
    +1
    Being raised by My Dad..in a house of all males
    I had not much choice but to fight & be challenged
    well...
    my Gender of Identity..100 % Female. Being...Independent
    Respected & well Protected knowing You get out of
    Life what One puts Out.upon it..and never Taking anyone for
    Granted..
  • Shawna patrona 2012/09/24 14:16:47
    Shawna
    It sounds like you have some firm values set, and would need a partner who shares them. Thank you for your detailed answer.
  • patrona Shawna 2012/09/24 17:48:05
    patrona
    +1
    Thank You...But to be truthful I learned through hardship..and ignorance
    .it's my Life now...[for instance..Sorry.. I Have to Go..They are calling Me..!!.]
    I can put up with anything.
    +1
    At least, I think I can, if I'm genuinely in love.
  • Shawna Temlako... 2012/09/24 14:17:20
    Shawna
    +1
    LOL-an easy going man!
  • Ruby Dear - The Fangirl of ... 2012/09/24 11:53:03
    Ruby Dear - The Fangirl of PHAET
    +2
    If I couldn't talk to him.
  • Shawna Ruby De... 2012/09/24 14:17:55
    Shawna
    +2
    Yes, I think most females would find that annoying! Do you mean in general and overall, or if there were specific times he didn't want you to talk?
  • Ruby De... Shawna 2012/09/24 14:33:27
    Ruby Dear - The Fangirl of PHAET
    +2
    I mean if he shuts off. Won't have a conversation, won't tell me when something's wrong. I had an ex that did that and it was horrible.
  • Shawna Ruby De... 2012/09/24 14:39:34
    Shawna
    +2
    Yes that is a typical male response, though they can usually find some balance if they are emotionally healthy.
  • Ruby De... Shawna 2012/09/24 14:53:05 (edited)
    Ruby Dear - The Fangirl of PHAET
    +2
    I'm ok with someone who's reserved, just not when they completely shut you off from themselves. When I'm in a relationship I want good company if that makes sense.
  • Shawna Ruby De... 2012/09/24 14:54:22
    Shawna
    +2
    It totally makes sense. You can't have a relationship with someone you shut yourself off from.
  • Ruby De... Shawna 2012/09/24 14:54:58
    Ruby Dear - The Fangirl of PHAET
    +2
    Right :)
  • ♥▀Acid Doll▀♥ 2012/09/24 11:09:53
    Other
    ♥▀Acid Doll▀♥
    +2
    im single dont gotta worry about it ^^
  • Shawna ♥▀Acid ... 2012/09/24 14:18:15
    Shawna
    +2
    You might not always be single. :)
  • ♥▀Acid ... Shawna 2012/09/25 01:17:31
    ♥▀Acid Doll▀♥
    +1
    thats true , but for now, im more worried about finishing school :P:P
  • Shawna ♥▀Acid ... 2012/09/25 04:11:05
    Shawna
    +1
    First things first!
  • ♥▀Acid ... Shawna 2012/09/25 04:16:42
    ♥▀Acid Doll▀♥
    +1
    yeap , then maybe when im a bit more stable ill think about trying again :D
  • Shawna ♥▀Acid ... 2012/09/25 16:13:23
    Shawna
    I wish you the best!
  • sandra 2012/09/24 10:58:16
    sandra
    +2
    Anything disrespectful!
    I wouldn`t tolerate being second fiddle either.

I know that's why I am still single, Afraid of being disrespected. Safer for my emotions being single, I know I have issues !!
  • Shawna sandra 2012/09/24 14:18:50
    Shawna
    +1
    Well the wise person knows she is better staying single rather then get tangled in messy relationships.
  • sandra Shawna 2012/09/24 16:14:58
    sandra
    +1
    Thanks ! are you like this to? lol, lol

2014/04/20 11:00:53