What Makes a Woman's Face Beautiful?

All of a sudden, we feel really ugly.

Large eyes, a small nose and fuller lips are "generally found to be more attractive" on a woman (Charlize Theron suddenly springs to mind), since they are considered to "enhance facial femininity," Dr. Viren Swami, co-author of "The Psychology of Physical Attraction," told YouBeauty.com.

We have medium-sized eyes, a slightly pointy nose and slim lips. Does this mean we're less than beautiful?

Not necessarily. According to YouBeauty.com, other traits said to make women look more feminine (and thereby desirable) include:

--A bigger forehead
--A smaller-than-average chin
--A fuller face
--Symmetrical features
--A luminous, unblemished complexion
--Smooth and relatively hairless skin
--Darker lips that contrast from the surrounding skin

All of these features supposedly indicate to men that a woman is feminine, fertile and ready to make babies.

Thinking you're doomed to a loveless, childless life? Chin up: Factors like voice, facial expression, body language and personality also enhance one’s appeal, YouBeauty.com reports. If your features as a whole "collectively feminize your face" you’re still considered pretty.

And the best part? If somebody loves you, he or she perceives you as more physically attractive than other people would, the site reports. Isn't that sweet?

Read More: http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/beauty/what-makes-a...

• ImSoMad 2011/07/22 11:12:12 (edited)
    I think...
    ImSoMad
    +25
    I think that beauty fades and the person needs to be beautiful on the inside as well as the out side. Being pretty, beautiful or hot is a perk, but a beautiful person can look ugly really fast if their personality sucks!

• Mother nature is biased 2012/01/25 00:38:08
    I think...
    Mother nature is biased
    aya ueto  gorgeous  lovely  beautiful  stunning

....women like this does it for me.
  • godson ... Mother ... 2012/04/03 23:46:45 (edited)
    godson soka
    +3
    Pefectly beautiful nose as pointed
  • shakur.... Mother ... 2013/02/19 08:21:46
    shakur.davis.9
    +3
    yes. she clearly has broader forehead and narrow chin ratio. Her eyes are pretty big for her ethnicity and have nice spacing. Her nose is not super small, but that's o.k., she makes up for it with her high cheek bones. And last but not least her lips are lusciously full and curvy. She has clear beautiful skin, and her hair looks long and healthy. She's awesome!
  • marc 2011/09/22 06:29:11
    I think...
    marc
    character, manner ,and yes, eye contact
  • Loca girl n_n 2011/09/02 10:37:09
    I think...
    Loca girl n_n
    i have always been confused by beauty, especially my own. i have always been commented on my large blue eyes that can change colour according to what i am wearing, and on my clear fair skin. my female friends will then gush over how they are jealous of my slim build and long blonde hair. what confuses me about this is that i always recieve the envy from my female peers, and usually the opposite from the male.

since elementary school i have witnessed that their attention is usually on the the most popular girl whether she is very attractive or not. this also seems to be the case for the girls who were attracted to the most popular guy.what seems to coinside with this popularity is an attitude that does not exactly match their good looks. in fact they could be down right horrible personality wise, and yet they captivated those around them. what is the reason for this? what i have concluded is that what most people often crave is acceptance. so perhaps the reason why my fellow peers would flock towards the most popular is so that they can get aprovel from the one who is most likely to put them down. in turn this gives said person more power, ergo popularity. this raises the question, " is it really good looks and a nice personality that makes you desireable, or is it power?"

...

i pride my self on my personality because i am kind and honest, and giving, and would much rather bring a person up then push them down. however, perhaps this is my undoing? I'll admit that their are those who climb the social ladder purely on their good looks and winning personality, but in my experience, most cases those who are on top get their by putting others down.

this brings up another question, " why are those on top the most desireable?" my theory is that it is an instinctual urge to be with the leader of the pack. we yearn to be with the most powerful so that we in turn become more powerful. also because instinctually we believe that the most powerful hase the most to offer. we feel that they will give us the most prosperous life, and will create strong, healthy, atrractive offspring. for the animal kingdom, the leader in most cases is the strongest, wisest, and /or the best hunter in the pack. today the steriotypical example of a leader for humans would be the head cheerleader or quarter back. they are the ones who have the most influence over people which in turn makes them very popular.

i am still in highschool so i can only speculate on what i have experienced so far. for all i know most peoples priorities of becoming the top of the food chain change as we grow older to more pressing issues. however, from what i gather by observing my elders, things stay relativeley the same from adolescence to adulthood. the only percieveable difference is that instead of being desireable because of the quantity of people you control, it is the quantity of money.
  • nicki jay 2011/08/05 18:15:27
    I think...
    nicki jay
    symmetry, big eyes, good bone structure and complexion
  • nicki jay nicki jay 2011/08/05 18:18:41
    nicki jay
    oh and whats behind/between the eyes as in inteligence or should i say the condition of her heart some woman can be attractive but horrible on the inside that ruins beauty
  • Kay 2011/07/26 02:12:21
    I think...
    Kay
    +1
    Her heart, her eyes, her soul; the way she treats others. Her wonder; her inter beauty and most of all her heart. Titties have NOTHING to do with it. George M. Smith, FL
  • sundance 2011/07/25 13:27:07 (edited)
    I think...
    sundance
    What lives behind that face, is the source of all beauty...Just a thought...
  • cutter's falls 2011/07/25 10:38:39
  • Rusty Bubbles 2011/07/25 09:52:28
    I think...
    Rusty Bubbles
    A balance between all the featrures
  • gunner 2011/07/25 06:08:19
    I think...
    gunner
    +1
    i like pretty eyes, and a nice smile.
  • ASTER 2011/07/25 05:28:52
    Large eyes
    ASTER
    Large eyes with long lashes will make you beautiful even though you look ulgy. large eyes lashes beautiful ulgy long lashes
  • moriah 2011/07/25 05:05:03
    I think...
    moriah
    +2
    no plastic
  • S* 2011/07/25 04:00:16
    I think...
    S*
    Beer Goggles help. There are no ugly women at 2 in the morning, they tell me. Luckily, I do not do that scene.

Seriously tho, a true interest in you is very compelling for beauty, and a sense of humor is not to be overrated.
  • gunner 2011/07/25 02:52:26
    I think...
    gunner
    I think a naturally pretty woman with out make up or alterations, beats out the woman of plain beauty with piles of crap and alterations. In fact, any woman looks good with out all that junk. I feel sorry for them, because they are bombarded with ads and commercials promoting crap to make them pretty. A plain insult implying that the women who don`t use their product, aren`t going to find love, and are not atractive. What a lie perpetrated on the ladies, and some men. Take heart ladies, you are beautiful just the way you are .
  • ★misfit★ gunner 2011/07/25 13:38:38
    ★misfit★
    I wish men REALLY liked a woman without makeup and alterations. However, most don't even realize that the women they're attracted to are wearing makeup and/or have "done themselves up." Women know how to do a natural look that actually takes a lot of work. The ones who don't do anything are usually thought of as plain or ugly.

women attracted wearing makeup andor women natural work plain natural makeup
    ^ Natural looking makeup

wearing makeup andor women natural work plain natural makeup no makeup
    ^ NO makeup
  • gunner ★misfit★ 2011/07/26 02:24:59
    gunner
    Actually, the men I know who have what some consider plain,or over weight, unpretty. Usually,not always, but most are quite happy. Their wives seem to be unpretentious and fun loving. Also, with great personalities. I heard once that pretty girls are very lonely. I don`t know about that, I`ll confess, my head does turn sometimes. But real beauty is whats under the skin. Not the looks.
  • maxlaboy 2011/07/25 01:47:04
    I think...
    maxlaboy
    +1
    it has been proven that symmetry is the #1 factor in attractiveness.
  • msbeydler 2011/07/25 01:07:33
    I think...
    msbeydler
    +1
    beauty is in the eyes of the beholder rather than the beheld
  • Mir Something 2011/07/25 00:40:04
    I think...
    Mir Something
    +1
    I think personality is really important, you wouldn't want to spend your life with a self-centered super model would you? Beauty only lasts so long.
  • Thrasher 2011/07/25 00:09:12
    I think...
    Thrasher
    +1
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
  • John Locke Thrasher 2011/07/25 01:53:52
  • Thrasher John Locke 2011/07/25 02:26:40
    Thrasher
    Sad but true :D
  • sherbear 2011/07/24 23:41:31
    I think...
    sherbear
    +1
    all of the above, women are just beautiful
  • Catita 2011/07/24 23:34:02
    Large eyes
    Catita
    Oh well I did not made the correct choice because I did not scroll down and see the "I THINK" choice.
    eyes with a clean look reflects a good person, eyes that look straight at you and don't avoid your eyes yell that you are honest. IT IS SAID THAT YOUR EYES ARE THE MIRROR OF YOUR SOUL. true but true, The eyes show how we feel about anything or somebody, eyes show our feeling, hate..... love, the sadness, the laughter, the happiness, your eyes can tell all about you.
  • fanny 2011/07/24 23:05:39
    Small nose
    fanny
    none of the above,the plastic surgeon does,can make even man look feminine,muahahaha
  • intolerantrwj 2011/07/24 22:08:00
    I think...
    intolerantrwj
    +1
    ..... taking a little pride in herself
  • KB 2011/07/24 21:21:40
    I think...
    KB
    +2
    beauty is in the eyes of the beholder
  • moonchild 2011/07/24 21:14:04
    I think...
    moonchild
    +2
    Her soul.

Before one can see her soul, and judging purely on first glance, it's usually perfect symmetry, smooth skin and slender features.
  • Franklin 2011/07/24 20:14:48
    I think...
    Franklin
    +1
    in short- bone structure / size of eyes or nose is only relative to the rest of the face ! Beauty is a bit subjective but there is a formula that will appeal to most people , and its funny because only a 1% deviation sets beautiful apart from average (hair is just a distraction from the underlying face ) L
  • Account Closed 2011/07/24 18:35:11
    I think...
    Account Closed
    +1
    Oh Crap when did women get faces, I was to busy looking at the other parts.

crap women faces busy parts staring at boobs

crap women faces busy parts staring at womens butts
  • freakgirl 2011/07/24 18:30:55
    I think...
    freakgirl
    +1
    i am beautiful.....my whole face is........
  • saraholiviax3 2011/07/24 18:12:52
    I think...
    saraholiviax3
    +2
    everyone has a unique beauty.
    Just embrace it.
  • Rose 2011/07/24 18:09:33
    I think...
    Rose
    +1
    Its the symmetry of the face.
  • Bilal Usman 2011/07/24 17:22:38
    I think...
    Bilal Usman
    +1
    eyes
    lips
    and face
  • TheRealShika200 2011/07/24 17:20:29
    I think...
    TheRealShika200
    +1
    her hair, cause there are soo many unique styles. personally i prefer emo/scene girls
  • SisterGypsy 2011/07/24 16:33:29
    I think...
    SisterGypsy
    +2
    I understand why physical attraction is necessary, but people take it too far. Though, I suppose I understand why my husband finds me so attractive. I'm overweight, but I seem to have all of those traits, minus a smaller chin, I kind of have a cleft chin going on and hate it. :/ But all through life I've been told I don't need make up, I have natural beauty. Full lips, big blue eyes, thick hair, never had acne.. small, but slightly hooked nose. But it's only been my friends who tell me that, growing up, I was always overweight and people couldn't look past that. Instead of being so superficial, let's not forget to include the inner beauty of a woman. Pride in what she does, compassion for all living things, a fierce and dominant personality, ability to protect her home and nuture children.
  • Smurf 2011/07/24 15:54:43
    I think...
    Smurf
    +2
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, it is what you think is beautiful not what others think
  • bttoo 2011/07/24 15:32:45
    I think...
    bttoo
    +1
    a SMILE

2014/04/25 08:18:37