What is your favorite simple childhood memory?

Jack's Pearl 2011/12/18 00:18:06
For instance, winning a stuffed animal at an amusement park, sitting at the lake with a family member, seeing the smiles on your friends faces while singing happy birthday to you. What is yours?

• Katherine the Renaissance W... 2011/12/18 03:47:16
    Katherine the Renaissance Woman
    +4
    I was always outside in the dirt, playing with bugs and such, but I was always wearing a dress.

I lived/was born in West Virginia, and we lived up at the top of this big hill, and our house/our neighbor's house was shadowed by woods everywhere. Acorns would fall all of the time. And I remember being outside on a cool Fall afternoon, collecting acorns and the acorn hats and sticking them in my dress. I carried them as though I were carrying them in an apron.

• Predators Eyez 2011/12/19 00:02:21
    Predators Eyez
    +1
    When I was little, my dad would always buy too much meat at the grocery store and my mom would get pissed because there wasn't enough room in the freezer to keep it all. My mom always threatened that she was going to shove the extra meat up his ass(in a joking way of course). One day, my dad came home with an eye round that we didn't have room for, and my mom told him to bend over. I thought she was really going to do it, so I screamed "NO" at the top of my little lungs, and ran over to block his ass. They both started to laugh. Obliviously, I didn't get the joke.
    About twenty years later, we all still laugh about that.
  • ButterbeerMe 2011/12/18 20:52:40
    ButterbeerMe
    +1
    Playing with Hotwheels down by the creek and hiding my Beanie Babies in trees and bushes so I could rescue them.
  • Veritas 2011/12/18 12:50:42 (edited)
    Veritas
    +1
    My father had to work the evening I sang my first solo in front of an audience. I was disappointed but tried not to show because this was the way things were. He was a police officer and his dinner break was usually around five and I wouldn't be performing until way after 7:00 PM.

He was able to surprise me and came down beneath the stage to take my picture. Most kids would have been humiliated, but seeing him there in his uniform gave me the boost I needed. He smiled at me and then stood at the door while I sang. When I looked up he was gone, but my heart was warm.
  • justnotsaying (: 2011/12/18 05:22:56
    justnotsaying (:
    +2
    Summer nights outside playing with my cousins, and other kids.
  • mrdog 2011/12/18 05:18:50
    mrdog
    +1
    Janet...the gal next door...bark
  • ruru 2011/12/18 05:02:40
    ruru
    +1
    Probably going mushroom hunting in the spring.
    Katherine the Renaissance Woman
    +4

• kelly 2011/12/18 03:03:36
    kelly
    +2
    During Christmas time, when we lived in the suburbs, we'd go to see the Christmas lights really late at night. All of us would be in our PJ's and my sister and I would stick our heads up through the sun roof with out blankets wrapped around us as Dad drove past all the lights.

Also during wintertime, my sister, myself and our friends would go sledding with us on the hill just opposite our house. My mom, dressed in just her pajamas, would come out with a plate full of piping hot banana fritters for us to eat.
  • Diana 2011/12/18 02:10:42
    Diana
    +1
    Mine is growing up in Brooklyn and playing in the street ,with my friends,riding my bike
    roller skating,going to Coney Island on the subway.just having a good time and not being scared of crime.
  • Welshtaff 2011/12/18 02:10:32
    Welshtaff
    +1
    The end of World War 2
  • Changeling 2011/12/18 01:57:11
    Changeling
    +2
    Playing in my tree house and pretending my Dog, who was in his dog house at the base of the tree, was talking to me
  • Ruadon 2011/12/18 01:27:24
    Ruadon
    +1
    camping out in the desert under the stars on our trip to California, I was about 10, this Eagles song always makes me think of it.
  • jubil8 BN-0 PON 2011/12/18 01:03:13
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    +1
    Walking to school and home every day with my best friend and her sister. It got every day off to a great start (we weren't sick much lol).
  • JanHopkins 2011/12/18 00:47:52
    JanHopkins
    +3
    On days so hot it was hard to draw a breath I'd go down to the ravine and play under the oak forest and wade in the stream. I have a big store of happy childhood memories but the relief from that kind of heat is one of my favorite things.
  • Boris Badinov 2011/12/18 00:36:21
    Boris Badinov
    +2
    Bicycling all over the place..
  • Icanbean Arschloch 2011/12/18 00:26:00
    Icanbean  Arschloch
    +1
    Shooting guns at Boy Scout Camp!
  • crotchrot 2011/12/18 00:21:13
  • Katheri... crotchrot 2011/12/18 03:47:39

2014/11/21 19:22:52