What is wrong with being a weeaboo?

xxelement 2012/09/15 22:20:29
I watch anime, read manga, and the genre of video games i mostly play are JRPGs (Japanese-style Role Playing Games). I like Japanese music such as Jpop and Jrock. Just for the record i don't go around saying "That's so kawaii" and "sugoi". But i don't understand why it's wrong to have these interests.

• Katarasoul 2013/08/05 16:09:38
    Katarasoul
    I wouldn't say you're a weeaboo. Furthermore, I think most people are quick to say this and that about anime fans. And in my eyes, that's terrible. You should be proud of your interests-we anime fans are a large army!
    anime fans eyes terrible proud interests-we anime fans large army
  • Lydecho Rain (Лидия) 2012/09/29 04:29:38
    Lydecho Rain (Лидия)
    I'm a huge anime fan, but I wouldn't say that I'm a "weeaboo.". I love Japamese culture, but I love many other cultures as well. And I don't go around saying "kawaii" and stuff... I live in Russia so it's not like anyone would understand me, even if I was speaking English they usually wound not understand XD
  • Junichi 2012/09/27 22:09:20
    Junichi
    haha i had to look up weeaboo cuz it was a funny word ^.~ nothing is wrong with it, it's just unhealthy to obsess over that like some people do. if you like it use it as a hobby, not taking over your life. if it doesn't take over your life you're not a weeaboo person thing at least it doesn't seem like it the way you describe yourself. and i'm glad you don't say things like that it's very irritating to japanese anyways but to me i think if people wanna say those things they should say the full sentences like sore wa totemo kawaii desu....それはとてもかわいいです。
  • Kibbles 2012/09/18 19:45:12
    Kibbles
    You're not a weeaboo, you're just a fan, a weeaboo is annoying with their constant speeches of how awesome Japan is and how they can never say a sentence without adding a manga/anime expression.
  • Terrance Earle 2012/09/16 08:56:53 (edited)
    Terrance Earle
    Because usually you are adapting and mixing culture that has no apparent reference to your current, or even the one you are trying to portray.

But I hate to break it to you, you're not a weeaboo. Liking something doesn't classify you as something. It's what you do that does.
  • Angelic Kitty 2012/09/16 03:43:19
    Angelic Kitty
    There is nothing wrong with being a fan of anime, manga, Jpop/Jrock, etc.

Weeaboos take it way too far, all they can talk about is anime and manga. They are obsessed with Japan and think it's the best place on earth, I have seen weeaboos hating the country they come from and say Japan is much better. They believe Japan is just like what they see in anime. They only care about the pop culture of Japan and not so much the culture outside of pop-culture.

Sometimes they try to convince themselves and/or others they are Japanese because they think the Japanese are the best race in the world, they will only try to date and/or have friends that are Japanese. They think they know Japanese because they learned a few words from watching anime and they will act like morons by acting hyper while throwing words around like "kawaii",etc. I have ran into those types of people in the Manga section at book stores, makes us normal anime fans look bad.

Check out weeaboo stories on tumbler and facebook.
  • Death On Two Legs 2012/09/16 00:44:24
    Death On Two Legs
    +1
    There is a difference between being an anime/manga fan and being a weeaboo.

Anime fan: Enjoys anime and whatnot and is still respectful.

Weeaboo: Obsesses over anime, is disrespectful to the Japanese culture, thinks Japan is superior over everything, speaks in broken Japanese, and invades people's personal space.

Just visit this blog, and read some weeaboo horror stories... http://weebstories.tumblr.com/
  • Ian 2012/09/16 00:09:56
    Ian
    I'll admit, I enjoy manga and anime, but Japanese music not so much. Desu, pronounced des, is a sentence structure. For some weird reason it's
    been abused by people who don't know what it means.
  • Happy 2012/09/16 00:05:55
    Happy
    Nothing is wrong with it, I do the same thing...
  • ★misfit★ 2012/09/15 23:01:35 (edited)
    ★misfit★
    There's nothing wrong with it. It just gets a little annoying to some people when people get too into anything.
  • Joey 2012/09/15 22:54:09
    Joey
    Many times people don't understand the culture that they love outside of anime and the like . So it seems odd. You can be an anime fan , and a fan of FF games all you want. However some people just don't understand that they can not judge the group base on those things .
  • Nadrasta 2012/09/15 22:53:57
    Nadrasta
    I have those interests as well but I don't consider myself a weeaboo and based off what you said I wouldn't consider you one either. I think it's great to be interested in other cultures and stuff, helps you become more open minded. I consider weeaboos the type of people who are not happy with themselves and think that if they were Japanese, they would be a better person.
  • Chibi Guru Z 2012/09/15 22:51:03
    Chibi Guru Z
    There are many things I like about the pop culture of Japan but I have no idea what "weeaboo", "kawaii", and "sugoi" are.
  • Vision of Verve 2012/09/15 22:35:42
  • zeldamaster17~平和 2012/09/15 22:33:23
    zeldamaster17~平和
    Nothing at all man, nothing at all. I enjoy all of those things as well, and would like to visit Japan at some point so I can get all the games before all my friends (MWAHAHAHAHA)
  • MyDaydream90 2012/09/15 22:31:30
    MyDaydream90
    +2
    Nothing

haters gone hate gif lion king
  • Bec. 2012/09/15 22:29:42 (edited)
  • 666_Maggots~I'm a female! 2012/09/15 22:27:14
    666_Maggots~I'm a female!
    +2
    I think it's wrong because I don't know what it is! >.> NOR do I know what "Kawaii" is or "Sugoi" but it sounds delicious!

wrong kawaii sugoi sounds delicious
  • +Harmon... 666_Mag... 2012/09/15 23:09:21
  • Zervur 2012/09/15 22:25:15
    Zervur
    no clue.

2014/10/26 06:04:13