What is the difference between puppy love and true love ??????

katie 2009/06/12 23:16:08

• Pseudonym 2009/06/13 01:33:02 (edited)
    it is
    Pseudonym
    +5
    Puppy love happens over night. And can change with the minds of the people involved. Take for instance a new couple in high school- they meet, talk on the phone, exchange affections for a few weeks or months, then it changes on a whim, quite abruptly, just as it began. Boom! it's over. And they're both off to find another puppy to play with. Your ego may be bruised, but you move on.

True love is mutual understanding, an appreciation for what the person is made of. A sort of soul love. Far beyond Valentine type romances. The people look past the superficial, the idiosyncrasies that may end an otherwise weak relationship. The affection is much deeper, on a spiritual level. It takes time before you could be sure you share true love with someone.

• c.walt 2012/08/26 03:16:12
    ..........
    c.walt
    Puppy love is something that can come about easily and go away quickly. You "fall" for the surface things about the person. For a true love, you "fall" for a person's bad and good. It isn't about the butterflies and blushing, its about the connection. True love can happen more than once. (just my opinion) If you find your soul mate you never fall out of love, and you never leave them. Most people find their ying/yang.
  • kerebail.ramakrishnachar 2012/01/19 06:29:11
    it is
    kerebail.ramakrishnachar
    One with animal the other with human being.
  • DM1888 2011/09/05 07:39:13
    it is
    DM1888
    true love is when u become best friends with you boyfriend/girlfriend and never want it too change
  • J-man 2009/08/02 20:49:35
    it is
    J-man
    +2
    Puppy love is all about oh they are pretty/hot/handsome/sexy etc. It is all about how that person can make you feel good when they are around or what they say etc. it just a me, me, me, me thing. It dies as easily as it starts. People easily fall into this trap. True love is unconditional, like it says in Song of Songs "many waters cannot quench love". Love endures all things, it doesn't change overnight. You'll only want to make your married partner happy and spend the rest of your life with them. You'll want to make sure that they are always alright and that things are going well with them. You accept every part of them and do not expect them to change but they strike a need for you to be a better person. Love is unselfish, kind, gentle, caring and always puts others first.
  • hatshepsut123 2009/06/16 15:59:03
    it is
    hatshepsut123
    +1
    you will know when you;ll feel it.

true love is when you know you partner very well and you are aware you his bad sides but you love him and accept him as he is, respect him and want to have kids some day with that person! :)
    you want to make him happy.
  • allergik2love 2009/06/16 01:31:59
    ..........
    allergik2love
    +1
    puppy love is sorta like pitty love...u love sumone for ther looks but TRUE love is wen you love someone for wut they TRUELY are
  • matt 2009/06/15 05:15:46
    ..........
    matt
    +1
    i think the difference is the feeling of loss and emptyness when you are fighting and how u feel as if there is nothing in the world with meaning but your significant other when spending time together
  • katie matt 2009/06/15 17:40:57
    katie
    +1
    awwwww
  • matt katie 2009/06/15 23:51:20
    matt
    +1
    thanks! =D
  • USAmom 2009/06/14 06:04:21 (edited)
    it is
    USAmom
    +2
    Puppy love is a quick crush with no real basis for it. True love comes on slow, getting to know each other well and caring more about your partner's happiness than you do your own. In a good relationship both people feel that way and it works out well. In a one sided relationship, someone gets treated less important while the other one gets treated well.
  • dzynrbob 2009/06/14 03:23:38
    it is
    dzynrbob
  • Anarchico Anthony 2009/06/13 23:29:32
    ..........
    Anarchico Anthony
    +2
    puppy!! puppy

shyt i dont know a good way to explain it....ummm.look at the puppy ... ^^^^^^^^^^^
  • katie Anarchi... 2009/06/14 23:40:42
    katie
    +1
    lol cute
  • joejonas 2009/06/13 15:13:11
    it is
    joejonas
    +2
    i think umm puppy love is when you feel like you love the person but as time goes by that feeling starts to go away, or someone else starts to catch your attention. True love is when you ALWAYS have that feeling of love you had in the beginning, even if the person hurts you or has left your life for years.
  • ~KЯaZChic~ 2009/06/13 14:23:42
    it is
    ~KЯaZChic~
    +2
    Puppy love isn't actual love. It is infatuation maybe but it will go away with a short amount of time. Real love , true love doesn't
  • terryzz 2009/06/13 13:46:12
    it is
    terryzz
    +3
    well ...let Me see. I guess,
    a healthy Puppy has a wet nose. guess healthy puppy wet nose
  • tay 2009/06/13 12:29:01
    ..........
    tay
    +1
    i dont know
  • mustangluver 2009/06/13 07:42:46
    it is
    mustangluver
    +3
    Puppy love is when you don't know any better, true love is when you really know each other and are ready to spend eternity together.
    puppy love true love ready spend eternity
  • IKnowwhoyouare 2009/06/13 03:26:23
    ..........
    IKnowwhoyouare
    +1
    one you feel in your heart the other you feal lower.
  • I♥MyBandBoyfriend 2009/06/13 02:25:53
    it is
    I♥MyBandBoyfriend
    +1
    puppy love: (theyre on the phone)
    girl: wow! im looking at a cloud that looks like a bunny!
    boy: omg i see it too!
    girl: omg its our cloud! oh i love our cloud!

true love:
    girl: lol, that cloud looks like a rabbit.
    boy: hey, i see it too. weird, huh?
    girl: yea....but funny
    boy: lol yea. hey, you wanna go see a movie?
    girl: sure! pick me up at 8?
    boy: ok

the difference: true love is comfortable and romantic,not mushy like puppy love.
  • Dahanna S.O.C.K. P.U.P 2009/06/13 01:37:19 (edited)
    ..........
    Dahanna S.O.C.K. P.U.P
    +2
    Idk___mayB
    __true love__ is wen u r willing 2 die 4 some1, wen u can picture urself loving dat same some1 even after u die__
    __puppy love__ is wen u with some1 jus 4 fun, but u both no it will never last

____but there are puppy love dat bcome true love,,,,it takes time
    it is
    Pseudonym
    +5

• Hula girl - Friends not Fol... 2009/06/13 00:52:11
    ..........
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    +2
    Love is Unconditional...and puppy love is just the illusion of love.

Here's what real love is all about

1 Corinthians 13
    Love
    1If I speak in the tongues[a] of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames,[b] but have not love, I gain nothing.

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; t...

Here's what real love is all about

1 Corinthians 13
    Love

8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
  • ☆Tay☆ 2009/06/13 00:13:05
    ..........
    ☆Tay☆
  • ..tisha... 2009/06/12 23:19:28
    it is
    ..tisha...
    +3
    Puppy love is like an infatuation- you only are admiring the physical image and Idea that is short lived then the deeper longer lasting sentiment.
  • katie ..tisha... 2009/06/12 23:21:22
    katie
    wow that is true

2014/04/17 10:19:43