What is so strange about me calling a bar or restaurant and asking them what beers they have on draft?

grandragun 2012/07/04 00:19:50
I like certain beers better on draft or some in cans. Im looking for bars that have the beers I like on draft at the best prices. Some of them have it and some of them dont. Im not going to waste gas going somewhere only to be disappointed for nothing. A few months ago when I was in Florida there was a bar where I can get a glass of Yuengling on draft for $2.90 and a glass of Sam Adams or Guinness for $4.50 and during happy hour all the drinks were buy one get one free. Now im NY and all of the bars have outrageous prices. If they have happy hour its only 1 dollar off and not half off. Theyre charging like $5 or $6 for one glass of Yuengling. All im looking for is a bar that can match or beat their prices and is reasonable. How come when I call bars on the phone asking them what beer they have and what the prices are, they act like theres something wrong with that and hang up? Is this any different from asking any other business what they have and their prices?

• ParkMan 2012/07/04 02:20:13
    ParkMan
    Nothing is wrong with it. Those bars are choosing to not have your business. Go elsewhere.
  • Dale 2012/07/04 01:33:13
    Dale
    Sounds like an intelligent thing to do, but then I'm a beer(Tap preferably) drinker also.
    maybe they are busy
  • Dan 2012/07/04 00:28:45
    Dan
    No difference. Most of the time when you call you probably get flunkees who are overwhelmed when someone asks for something more than a drink.
  • Scott 2012/07/04 00:26:30
    Scott
    +1
    No, there's nothing wrong with it. Also, it's "what beer they have on tap", not "on draft". Just sayin' :-)

2014/10/25 14:44:59