What if we were all the same person?

Related Topics: Teacher, Time
Imagine that there is one soul in the universe and one soul only, but it is a curious soul and it wishes to experience all that it can. Now imagine that this soul is not trapped in a linear progression of time and it has no physical attributes so can move forwards, backwards, left, right or in any direction it chooses.

What if this soul was able to merge with matter and become a symbiotic life-form that is part physical and part spiritual in nature and it could then exist as that life form from it's very beginning and right up to it's end? Once the physical essence is no longer capable of existence and the soul again returns to being without form, what happens when it wants to experience a new and different life?

If time is not an issue, the soul could go back and do it again, right? What if it goes back to be beginning of time and decides to be a different life-form instead and it exists for another lifetime as a friend to the first life-form? The same soul could be side by side with itself in an earlier incarnation and the first being would not be aware they were the same soul, because from it's perspective, it's still the past. With me so far? Obviously, to make this plausible, when the soul inhabits a physical body, it may not able to remember life as a soul alone.

Flash forward a few million years and this one soul is going backwards and forwards through time so often and experiencing every life-form ever imagined, inhabiting each and every one of us at different times from it's perspective.

This one soul could exist within you right now and then when you die the soul is released and goes back and becomes someone you know and lives a life side by side with you, but from each perspective we are all different, even though we're the same...

You could be your own son, mother, friend, teacher, anyone else, depending on how you look at it.

perspective son mother friend teacher depending mind blowing huh lol

• Philo-Publius 2010/10/30 14:43:29
    Philo-Publius
    +8
    Totally... that's exactly it. One Soul. Religious people just call it 'Adam', or 'Jesus' or 'Krishna'.

I friggin' love this post, Arcca.

• keith Davies 2013/02/14 01:18:05
    keith Davies
    +2
    I have thought this for ages !!!! ....... you was lonely and wanted to feel love ..... so you created everything......but to make it believable you could not let your self remember.....yeah there may be science but the more you try and prove something the more far out there it gets.....keeping it believable.....plus ever1 contradicting them self's...so no 1 would ever no the real truth.(read some 1's comment)
    heard the term yin & yang because if there is love there must also be pain....with out experiencing pain you would never know what love is.......but let us say this will carry on happening for eternity.....every 1 needs to change there ways and stop hurting people and being greedy .....wanting more than the next person.....no 1 should have more than the next person unless they work hard.....and earn it ......then next time you came back it would be a better place .....and keep getting better.....( it may even take a long time to get better because the world is so messed up but it would get better)
  • keith D... keith D... 2013/02/14 01:47:28
    keith Davies
    +4
    and when you have learn enough you might not have to come back :)
  • duckilyn 2012/05/06 20:20:10
    duckilyn
    +3
    According to this article, one soul goes in any direction in time, correct? If this is true, wouldn't it make sense that with every choice and decision we make that soul can go back choose a different one and see how that turns out. That would also explain evolution because with every different choice made something different happens and evolution is something that takes time and can only affect a group not a single person.
  • ColdReality 2012/04/19 07:09:00 (edited)
    ColdReality
    +1
    WHY WOULD A LONE ETERNAL SOUL WANT TO EXPERIENCE SOME WEIRD COMPLICATED LIVE'S OVER AND OVER? LISTEN DREAMER. YOU ARE A PRODUCT OF SOMETHING BIGGER THEN YOU, PHYSICALLY. THE UNIVERSE IS A COMPLICATED CHAOTIC FORCE THAT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND BECAUSE YOU THINK EVERYTHING HAS TO HAVE A PURPOSE...STOP IMAGINING... THE UNIVERSE IS A COLD, RATIONAL, CHAOTIC FORCE. YOU'RE SMALL BRAIN IS JUST CAUGHT IN THE (SHORT) RIDE.
  • Dark De... ColdRea... 2012/04/24 07:02:43
    Dark Demonic™ ★ The Original SodaHead Guru ★
    +1
    That's an interesting opinion, but like my own that's all it is, an opinion. :o)
  • keith D... ColdRea... 2013/02/14 01:51:15 (edited)
    keith Davies
    smoke some dmt.........and you might learn
  • Pandacite ColdRea... 2013/09/30 04:28:46
    Pandacite
    +3
    Just because the universe is a massive complicated force that we can't understand as individuals, doesn't mean its without meaning. I think you are misunderstanding physics. In fact, you assuming you know more than him about this massive construct assumes some sort of superiority, which by your philosophy is unachievable. In short your contradicting yourself and you're a hypocrite.

Let him be a dreamer, he may be onto something, he may not. How are we to know if people like you stop him from dreaming? Most physicists even support the idea of a meaningful universe considering it is all predetermined based on natural laws. Your misconception that rationality is cold is the problem of the ages. Your further affirmation to assure others stop imagining is absurd on so many levels, at most if biocentrisism is correct and at least if you are nothing more than a malice entity obsessed with stripping the subjectivity from inspired individuals. Step outside of yourself for once.
  • Pandacite ColdRea... 2013/09/30 04:29:39
    Pandacite
    +2
    It's even worse that you have to state you opinion in anonymity. What do you fear being recognized by others?
  • psychonaut 2012/02/28 08:19:16 (edited)
    psychonaut
    +3
    you've gotta be as high as giraffe pussy to write that
  • ColdRea... psychonaut 2012/04/19 07:41:40
  • Dark De... ColdRea... 2012/04/24 07:07:15
    +2
    Feel free to ignore the evidence all over the world, from numerous cultures that suggests there is more to life than science will ever be able to understand, some of us enjoy theorising and coming up with ideas, in our effort to understand something you seem to feel is beyond you. Why limit yourself like that?

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
  • ColdRea... Dark De... 2012/04/24 23:48:57 (edited)
    ColdReality
    WHAT EVIDENCE? please elaborate... Would your evidence stand up as proof in a lab? YOU LIMIT YOURSELF WHEN YOU SETTLE FOR THEOLOGICAL EXPLANATIONS. SCIENCE IS REAL. THEORIES ARE JUST THEORIES UNTIL PROVEN REAL!!!! the Earth was flat was a theory, because it is based on WHAT WE SEE. This guys drugged out theories ARE BASED ON WHAT HE SEE's (hallucinations, chemical alteration of perceptual process,NOT REAL) it doesnt mean what he saw was real, because you know just cuz your surroundings look flat, you know the earth ISNT flat....
  • Dark De... ColdRea... 2012/04/25 03:03:08
    Even though there are written records going back as far as time immemorial, from cultures all over the world, some on opposite sides of the globe to each other and who at some point had no knowledge of the others existence, yet still have similar stories between them, you're telling me that ghosts don't exist, just because a scientist cannot take one, put it in a lab and do experiments on it to prove it's real? Give me a break, I've seen a few things that scientists don't understand and can't explain, so who are they to tell me that what I saw wasn't real and that it was just a hallucination? I don't take drugs, yet I know what I've seen was really there.

http://www.history.com/topics...

http://www.ghost-science.co.u...

http://www.thenewageblog.com/...

Personally, I don't know exactly what it was I saw, I only know what they looked like and how I felt when I saw them, but considering I've had more evidence of those things in front of my actual face than anyone has had evidence of the existence of a deity in front of theirs and yet they still choose to believe and have faith, who would I be to tell the majority of the world that they're wrong, just because I haven't seen God or had any evidence to prove his existence? That's why I'm agnostic, because I'm open-minded and wise enou...

http://www.history.com/topics...

http://www.ghost-science.co.u...

http://www.thenewageblog.com/...

Personally, I don't know exactly what it was I saw, I only know what they looked like and how I felt when I saw them, but considering I've had more evidence of those things in front of my actual face than anyone has had evidence of the existence of a deity in front of theirs and yet they still choose to believe and have faith, who would I be to tell the majority of the world that they're wrong, just because I haven't seen God or had any evidence to prove his existence? That's why I'm agnostic, because I'm open-minded and wise enough to know there's more to life than this and there's definitely something beyond us, I just don't know what it is and I'm not arrogant enough to THINK I know everything about everything or gullible enough to accept anyone else's interpretations just because my imagination is limited, I think for myself and as many ideas as I've had that are pure fantasy or far fetched, it's still fun to theorise and who knows, maybe one day I'm stumble on something that someone else will eventually read about, do their own studying and make a new discovery. No different to Einstein thinking up an idea that others laughed at, until another scientist came along years later to prove completely correct. :o)
  • ColdRea... Dark De... 2012/04/26 00:00:36 (edited)
  • Dark De... ColdRea... 2012/04/26 09:31:10
    +1
    I've already explained that I don't believe everything I come across and most of the things I consider are just ideas I find interesting, not beliefs I commit to, but there is a fine line between healthy scepticism and blatant ignorance.

Imagination leads to ideas, which leads to discoveries, studying and testing those discoveries, which leads to facts and understanding, but it all starts with imagination. Sir Isaac Newton had to imagine what possibilities could explain why apples fall to the ground and yet science still hasn't successfully proven what causes gravity even to this day. That doesn't mean we should give up trying to think of possibilities, because one may one day lead to the truth.
  • ColdRea... Dark De... 2012/04/28 05:09:09
    ColdReality
    Scientists are pretty certain about what gravity is.

There are alot of answers to your questions that you imagine about, if you need more information RESEARCH WHAT SCIENTISTS HAVE BEEN WORKING ON FOR CENTURIES... Because I guarantee every thought you have had has been thought before.

Use Science to analyze your imagination, it doesn't work if you use imagination to analyze science.

I am done! This is not a Scientific friendly board.
  • Dark De... ColdRea... 2012/04/28 09:47:32
    Scientists know what gravity IS, it's a force, but they don't know what causes it. They're still guessing, experimenting and using their imaginations to try to understand what does.

http://www.livescience.com/17...

This is an open-minded discussion, you're the one who seems bent on dismissing things out of hand, just because you and scientists have failed to understand and explain the existence of things beyond your comprehension. I'm not denying there's a scientific explanation that may one day be found, but before that stage people will first have to imagine ways to study, understand and explain them.

Thanks to education your mind thinks inside a limited little cage, where you are unable or are unwilling to consider what's beyond it and for the record every time I imagine an idea, I look for as many logical ways to support it as possible. This single post does not represent my entire intellect or imagination and you're right, many of my ideas may have been thought before, but if we all took your approach humanity would become stagnant and no progress would be made. Star Trek came from the imagination, it inspired numerous scientific discoveries and technological advancements.

progress star trek imagination inspired numerous scientific discoveries technological advancements
  • ColdRea... Dark De... 2012/04/29 05:15:18 (edited)
    ColdReality
    TO EVERYTHING YOU SAY, I SAY: THE ONLY THING THAT CAN PROVE SCIENCE WRONG IS SCIENCE :-P

What is beyond your comprehension that science cannot explain ?I agree imagination is important. In fact scientific research is a creative process that requires individual imagination. However, what you imagine HAS TO BE WITHIN THE CONTEXT OF KNOWN KNOWLEDGE AND FACTS THAT WE ALREADY HAVE. You say dont dismiss speculation and imagination, but I say OK but you cannot dismiss WHAT IS ALREADY KNOWN ABOUT HOW THE UNIVERSE WORKS. For example just because you imagine an apple falling up instead of down, doesnt make it possible, because we know their are laws of gravity. And by the way Scientists DO know what gravity is and what causes it.. You can take a whole college class I shouldnt have to waste a post explaining what causes gravity but I promise the information is out there and proven

As for your link i skimmed it, they are not arguing the laws of gravity.. They are questioning your boy EINSTEIN'S(the guy in your picture you quoted.) theory of relativity. If you reallyt want to get into that discussion I suggest you study physics because it is VERY complicated. The title "what causes gravity" is meant to get your attention to read the article, its deeper then that title. Also don't belie...

As for your link i skimmed it, they are not arguing the laws of gravity.. They are questioning your boy EINSTEIN'S(the guy in your picture you quoted.) theory of relativity. If you reallyt want to get into that discussion I suggest you study physics because it is VERY complicated. The title "what causes gravity" is meant to get your attention to read the article, its deeper then that title. Also don't believe everything you read on the internet, find more sources...But for real man I'am done, Iam just repeating myself now, and so are you. But the most important thing I will say is, I hope we both agree that education is valuable and important to devloping a healthy imagination. You need both! But education actually improves imagination, thats just a fact, you are working out your BRAIN!!! Body needs excercise, so does your brain.

Look you are the one who will be left behind if you just make your OWN speculations and ideas without basing them on knowledge that we have already acquired as humanity.. You cant dismiss education, education TEACHES you how to think outside the box, it teaches you to have your own mind, if you're not educated its easier to believe in Adam and Eve and Santa Clause(no offense if you do believe in that) Hopefully you're educated enough to know about evolution? Well i dont want to sound offensive with that. My point is Education is important, you learn and you make your own opinions afterwards, but first you learn. I may sound dry and cold, but before you try to prove something right, you have to disprove the known hypothesis, that is science. If you have a great idea, before you promote it, ask yourself why hasnt anyone else thought of it? Maybe because it has been proven wrong already. The only thing that can prove science wrong is science :-P
  • keith D... ColdRea... 2013/02/14 02:09:12
    keith Davies
    +3
    how do you know......been to space???? you know what you have been told, and with answers comes more questions......evolution........ did we evolve and no other animal has so why did we??? why did we loose are hair all over are body??we never just started wearing clothes??? are vocal box??? ......you are told what you need to hear.....so everything is believable ........... but if you don't make it believable ...... then it would not work.....but anything you can think of there are always ways to explain it.......but the thing is you are not supposed to know!! you are every 1!!!
  • Pandacite keith D... 2013/09/30 04:42:23
  • keith D... psychonaut 2013/02/14 01:53:01
    keith Davies
    spirit molecule
  • Mejink 2011/10/24 07:28:08
    Mejink
    +2
    That would be wicked. I do believe we are all one soul, except instead of involving time travel, I see it as a linear progression of consciousness that is fragmented. The same idea though is that it sees through our eyes and we are its creations, driven by an introspective curiousity.
  • Jake M 2011/07/11 23:16:59
    Jake M
    +1
    If everyone was me, I wouldn't have to argue with stupid people. Nor would I have the fun of arguing with anybody. I would say it would suck.
  • Yuki ~ ♦Lion King of PHÆT♦ 2011/07/11 00:45:24
    Yuki ~ ♦Lion King of PHÆT♦
    +1
    This reminds me of an odd story I once read...
  • Nathanael 2011/07/10 10:50:35
    Nathanael
    +2
    We could be. Different parts of one soul.
  • ally 2011/07/08 19:14:49
    ally
    +3
    Our life is one continuum. We are our ancesters and are given chance after chance to make each life a better one. It will continue for all eternity.
  • just me 2011/07/08 18:13:39
    just me
    +2
    I think on a higher level we are but must evolve to that consciousness.
  • Gabhain 2011/07/08 06:59:53
  • kent 2011/07/08 04:55:55
    kent
    +1
    Now this kind of thinking really takes me back.....

thinking hooka
  • jokeriser 2011/07/08 02:00:06
  • Garciataria 2011/07/08 00:50:09
    Garciataria
    +1
    Watch the episode of Fairly Odd Parents where Timmy wishes everything and everyone was exactly the same. That's how it would turn up.
  • moonlight 2011/07/07 23:59:02
    moonlight
    +1
    no thanks...
    i want to hang out with people with different personality than I am...
  • Dark De... moonlight 2011/07/08 00:57:12
    For the idea to work we would have to have no memory of previous or future lives, only of the one that is current to us, which means we would appear to have the same diverse personalities that people have now. :o)
  • moonlight Dark De... 2011/07/08 03:24:35
    moonlight
    +2
    but one soul?
    then the idea of soulmate... my soulmate is ME O.O
  • Dark De... moonlight 2011/07/08 05:03:07
    +1
    In a way, yes, we are drawn to people we recognise in a way we shouldn't be able to, especially if we've never met them before. We're drawn to like-minded people and who is more like-minded than ourselves?
  • moonlight Dark De... 2011/07/08 12:11:01
    moonlight
    +1
    not really... I'm actually drawn to people who opposites me...
  • Dark De... moonlight 2011/07/08 15:59:35
    Even in a soulmate?
  • ☠Marz555☠ 2011/07/07 23:04:39
    ☠Marz555☠
    +2
    We are...
    reincarnation
    From the microscopic elements that collided eons ago to the amoeba in my dogs leg to me and you... and well beyond.
  • Arty 2011/07/07 22:58:41
    Arty
    +1
    we would all be atheists
  • ☠Marz555☠ Arty 2011/07/07 23:05:54
    ☠Marz555☠
    +1
    Is that atheistic? Would it be the complete opposite of?

2014/10/25 22:04:28