WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH GOD?????

Yo'Adrienne..AFCL 2012/03/24 12:00:01
IF YOU AGREE....PASS IT ON
IF YOU CHOOSE TO DELETE, MAYBE THAT'S THE PROBLEM
'in God we trust' and 'so help me God...'. I'm sharing it.
This is by a daughter of a murdered couple in Raytown , MO ,
who had a Bible and Bookstore on 63rd street .. She says:

When I had to testify at the murder trial of my parents a week ago, I was asked to raise my right hand... The bailiff started out "Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?"

I stood there and waited but she said nothing. She said "Do you?"

I was so stunned I blurted out "What happened to "so help me God'?"

She came back with "Do you?" I replied yes, but I was perplexed.

Then the judge said . "You can say that if you want to."

I stopped, raised my right hand, and finished with "So help me God!"

I told my son and daughter that when it came time for them to testify, they should do the same.

I don't know what can be done about it, but it's time for us to step up and DO something.

NBC this morning had a poll on this question.. They had the highest number of responses that they have ever had for one of their polls, and the percentage was the same as this:

86% to keep the words, 14% against .. That is a pretty 'commanding' public response.

I was asked to send this on if I agreed or delete if I didn't .

Now it is your turn.. It is said that 86% of Americans believe in God.

Therefore, I have a very hard time understanding why there is such a mess about having
"In God We Trust" on our money and having God in the Pledge of Allegiance.

Why is the world catering to this 14%?

If you agree, pass this on , if not, simply delete....

In God We Trust

If You Choose To Delete
Perhaps Then You Are Part Of The Problem

Me? I'm Passing It On.
It seems to get worse daily

• suejkw 2012/03/24 16:48:05
    suejkw
    Why should their be a 'god' in anything re:govt? Which one,anyway?
  • Bingo's Faddah 2012/03/24 14:39:01
    Bingo's Faddah
    +1
    "I told my son and daughter that when it came time for them to testify, they should do the same. "

THAT'S the problem, not letting folks decide for themselves.

told son daughter testify letting folks decide
  • Yo'Adri... Bingo's... 2012/03/24 16:10:52 (edited)
    Yo'Adrienne..AFCL
    +1
    Glad that's what you TOOK from this story.......Skip my articles from now on, and do me a favor.
  • Bingo's... Yo'Adri... 2012/03/25 14:01:10
    Bingo's Faddah
    Oh boo hoo. I'm so sorry for acting as an individual and finding a huge problem in the morality of your post. If all you want is a pat on the back, why are you here? This is a fairly diverse group and that must infuriate you. So just block me if you can't stand the heat. Another phony Conservative.

morality post pat diverse group infuriate block heat phony conservative
  • ☆ Queen... Bingo's... 2012/03/24 16:19:22
    ☆ QueenAline
    thumb up by mistake....how about LETTING people decide what stays and what doesn't
  • Bingo's... ☆ Queen... 2012/03/25 13:56:59
    Bingo's Faddah
    That was my point.
  • ☆ Queen... Bingo's... 2012/03/25 16:05:07
    ☆ QueenAline
    who's decision was it to leave out "SO HELP ME GOD"? and why isn't it a choice to not say it, instead of just deleting it....I certainly didn't vote for that one!
  • Bingo's... ☆ Queen... 2012/03/26 00:05:12
    Bingo's Faddah
    Who's stopping you or anyone else from saying it? Anyone can say "I do; so help me God". Or didn't that cross your mind. But instructing someone to say it might fit YOUR preferences. Doesn't make it right, and it's not.
  • ☆ Queen... Bingo's... 2012/03/26 00:55:30
    ☆ QueenAline
    oh..it doesn't make it right? According to who.?..you? the minority of this country...don't make me laugh..SO HELP ME GOD has always been a part of the oath that people take when they swear before the judge...to swear to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth SO HELP ME GOD...who the hell are you to say it's ok to remove things like this? It's ok because it's YOUR preference to omit God, but not ok because it's been a tradition of this country and it's court system.... And I suppose it's ok to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance, and IN GOD WE TRUST off our currency....People like you are the problem with this nation.....86% believe in God...because you don't is entirely up to you... End of conversation
  • Bingo's... ☆ Queen... 2012/03/26 13:25:25
    Bingo's Faddah
    Oh, boo hoo. Yes, according to me. Unlike you I state my own opinions here. Your rights are not being infringed and that should be enough. That's how the founders envisioned the whole issue. You can Google that and learn. The whole idea is that your 80% don't influence the other 20. It's called freedom. It's fine if you don't want to discuss the issue; that's your right. But then why are you here at all? What would Jesus do?
  • Yo'Adri... Bingo's... 2012/03/26 20:51:22
    Yo'Adrienne..AFCL
    +1
    He would probably tell you to get a real life.!
  • Bingo's... Yo'Adri... 2012/03/27 12:37:22
    Bingo's Faddah
    You first! Read your New Testament and you will see that it's your actions that Jesus would scowl at, not mine. Calling yourself a Christian is fine. Emulating (look it up) Jesus is another story, right? So you fail.

scowling jesus
  • Yo'Adri... ☆ Queen... 2012/03/26 20:50:35
    Yo'Adrienne..AFCL
    +1
    All this guy says is BOO HOO. I think he is an avatar Queen......I wouldn't waste any more time on him....He is a non-believer.....until his last breath...like all of them.! Thanks for your comments.
  • ☆ Queen... Yo'Adri... 2012/03/27 02:53:01
    ☆ QueenAline
    like my opinions arent' my own...guy's a real A hole
  • Bingo's... Yo'Adri... 2012/03/27 12:39:09
    Bingo's Faddah
    Define non believer please. I will then show you where your judgment went wrong. Isn't there something in your rule book about judging? Are you sinning?

define believer judgment wrong rule book judging sinning
  • Yo'Adri... Bingo's... 2012/05/02 15:34:13
    Yo'Adrienne..AFCL
    that's why you look like your picture ^.....you haven't evolved yet.!
  • Bingo's... Yo'Adri... 2012/05/03 12:56:01
    Bingo's Faddah
    Evolved?

evolved
  • peaches 2012/03/24 13:55:58 (edited)
    peaches
    And then what happens when an atheist steps up and is forced to say "So help me God" Because they don't believe in god, it wouldn't have any effect on them.
    It's fine it you personally choose to say it, but everyone shouldn't have to.
    The Pledge is a bit different because it's been a tradition for such a long time it would be veryyy difficult and controversal to change it now.
    And 14% is a pretty large number. I mean, I believe in God. But I don't believe that people who don't believe should try to act like they do just because they are a minority.
    People must remember that the US is a secular state! Personal god and religion should NOT be involved in the government!
  • BritPunk 2012/03/24 13:26:00
    BritPunk
    +1
    If you want to bring one particular god (your personal one) into the legal process for everyone maybe THAT's the problem.
  • ☆ QueenAline 2012/03/24 13:20:51 (edited)
    IF YOU AGREE....PASS IT ON
    ☆ QueenAline
    Yes, I agree and SCREW the 14% who disagree,,,,This is ONE nation UNDER GOD..WEATHER YOU DAMN WELL LIKE IT OR NOT.
  • Clay Sl... ☆ Queen... 2012/03/24 14:52:36
    Clay Slayer
    And the way you spell WHETHER proves another point about you religious Zealots that would force your crap on others....It was religious nuts that Just had to enter the Word GOD in the Pledge,, It didnt have god in it . It was written in 1892 ---'I pledge allegiance to my Flag and (to*) the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

In 1954, Congress after a campaign by the Knights of Columbus, added the words, 'under God,' to the Pledge. The Pledge was now both a patriotic oath and a public prayer.

For 62 years it was fine untill the religious nutz just had to change it and make it also a prayer...Keep your freaking prayers in your home and church, not in public....
  • ☆ Queen... Clay Sl... 2012/03/24 16:16:36
    ☆ QueenAline
    wheather you damn well like it or not, this is ONE nation UNDER GOD...there, are you satisfied? Go to hell
  • Yo'Adri... ☆ Queen... 2012/03/24 16:13:17 (edited)
    Yo'Adrienne..AFCL
    +1
    Thanks queen......Apparently these people scan the columns for a title with GOD in it, just so they can spread their ugliness, and hate. thanks for your support....and May God bless you.
    When "MINORITY RULES"...it will be the day hell freezes over.! lol
  • ☆ Queen... Yo'Adri... 2012/03/25 16:00:03
    ☆ QueenAline
    i agree.....must be a lib-turd
  • bricklyn 2012/03/24 13:04:28
    bricklyn
    +2
    The country is NOT based on christianity and court is secular law. Your god is not everyone god and there is a huge conflict to saying in 'so help me god' when you do not use the bible as your holy book. Since there is no reason to declare your religion in any court of law, there is no need and should never be any need to put god in any court room.
  • BritPunk bricklyn 2012/03/24 13:23:41 (edited)
    BritPunk
    Hear hear, old bean! And I don't see how it affects the witness's decision to be honest or not. Also Snopes (the urban legends site) shows this is not as straightforward as it seems.
    http://www.snopes.com/politic...
    WARNING Link contains details of grisly murder.
  • bricklyn BritPunk 2012/03/24 18:03:28
    bricklyn
    Yup, in America youhave a constitution that states you have separation of church and state, you are perpetually embroiled in religious politics and zealot religious conflict on a daily basis.

In Canada, we have no such provision and religion is never mentioned in political debate and religion is usually on the back burner for the most part.
  • Yo'Adri... bricklyn 2012/03/25 00:02:56
    Yo'Adrienne..AFCL
    BACK BURNER......nice....
  • Yo'Adri... bricklyn 2012/03/26 20:52:17 (edited)
    Yo'Adrienne..AFCL
    You're just jealous because you haven't found YOUR God yet. Good luck with that.....and with your attitude.!
  • bricklyn Yo'Adri... 2012/03/27 00:09:09
    bricklyn
    Attitude is everything and mine is great!!!

Sorry, assumptions are most often wrong and so are yours.

I was a christian for most than 32 years befor I started studying religions, history, science, archeology and philosophy. After doing extensive research for more than 30 years, I did an analysis all the data I had compiled and came to the conclusion as the majority of scientist on this planet has arrived at.

Religions are based on superstitions, mythology, fear and fantasy and not much more. There is no rational thought or logic behind any of it.

To believe that the superstitions and ignorance of uneducated ancient herdsmen is more believable that the highly educated scientists of today cannot even begin to be called rational.

As for the 'back burner' issue. At least the Canadian society functions, which I might add is a far cry what is happening the USA. We are happy, healthy people with a competent government and a healthy economy that is growing. We are not in the recession your government is either. We also have a much lower crime rate as well.

Obviously, the American fascination on religious has not made one iota difference at all. Sitting in church does not give you morals any more than sitting on a beach makes you a grain of sand.

"In Canada, there were 542 homicide...

"In Canada, there were 542 homicides in 2000 resulting in a national rate of 1.8 homicides per 100,000 population. By comparison, there were 15,517 homicides in the U.S., resulting in a rate (5.5) three times higher than Canada’s."

"Similarly, the aggravated assault rate in the U.S. was more than double the Canadian rate in 2000. The U.S. also showed a higher rate of robbery (65% higher) than Canada. About 41% of robberies in the U.S. involved a firearm, compared to 16% in Canada."

"In examining arrest/charge data, the U.S. had much higher rates for drug offences, impaired driving and prostitution."

"The report also compares crime rates among the nine largest metropolitan areas in each country. With the exception of Boston, the remaining eight large American metropolitan areas had homicide rates much higher than any of the nine largest Canadian metropolitan areas. Conversely, Vancouver and Winnipeg reported higher rates of break-ins and motor vehicle thefts than any of the nine American metropolitan areas."

http://publications.gc.ca/col...

"Among the four countries compared for 2006, Canada boasted the lowest teen birth and abortion rate per 1,000 women aged 15 to 19 (27.9), followed by Sweden (31.4), England/Wales (60.3), and the United States (61.2). "

http://www.theglobeandmail.co...
  • Bingo's... Yo'Adri... 2012/03/27 12:42:35
    Bingo's Faddah
    Judging again, are we?

sad jesus
  • Yo'Adri... bricklyn 2012/05/02 15:35:55
    Yo'Adrienne..AFCL
    This country CERTAINLY IS and WAS from the beginning based on Christianity. If you don't have a God, maybe the " government" will subside your search for ONE of your liking.....!
  • bricklyn Yo'Adri... 2012/05/03 05:46:41
    bricklyn
    Sorry to disillusion you but it NEVER was based on christianity. The constitution never mentions god at all.
    Some of the founding fathers were Atheists and Deists, not christians at all.

"God" does not appear in the Preamble to the U.S. Constitution.
    "God" does not appear in the First Amendment is textual as well.
    Article VI: no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States is part of the constitution.
    The clause is cited by advocates of separation of church and state as an example of "original intent" of the Framers of the Constitution

The final authority in this document is "WE THE PEOPLE" and they worship every god under the sun of our Creator

John Adams Quotes -

"As I understand the Christian religion, it was, and is, a revelation. But how has it happened that millions of fables, tales, legends, have been blended with both Jewish and Christian revelation that have made them the most bloody religion that ever existed?" -letter to F.A. Van der Kamp, Dec. 27, 1816

"The divinity of Jesus is made a convenient cover for absurdity. Nowhere in the Gospels do we find a precept for Creeds, Confessions, Oaths, Doctrines, and whole cartloads of other foolish trumpery that we find in Christianity."

"The question before...

John Adams Quotes -

"The question before the human race is, whether the God of Nature shall govern the world by his own laws, or whether priests and kings shall rule it by fictitious miracles?"

Thomas Jefferson Quotes

Thomas Jefferson did not believe in the virgin birth of Jesus, and he said so:

"And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. But we may hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with all this artificial scaffolding, and restore to us the primitive and genuine doctrines of this the most venerated reformer of human errors." -- Jefferson's letter to John Adams, April 11 1823

Jefferson was called an ATHEIST by Christian ministers of his day, who tried to block his presidency! How can Christians claim him now as one of them, now that he's dead?!
    http://www.newwest.net/city/a...
    "As to the calumny of Atheism, I am so broken to calumnies of every kind, from every department of government, Executive, Legislative, and Judiciary, and from every minion of theirs holding office or seeking it, that I entirely disregard it, and from Chace it will have less effect than from any other man in the United States. It has been so impossible to contradict all their lies, that I have determined to contradict none; for while I should be engaged with one, they would publish twenty new ones." -- Jefferson's Letter to James Monroe, May 26, 1800

Thomas Jefferson did not believe that Jesus was God, and he said so:

"The office of reformer of the superstitions of a nation is ever dangerous. Jesus had to walk on the perilous confines of reason and religion; and a step to right or left might place Him within the grasp of the priests of the superstition, a bloodthirsty race, as cruel and remorseless as the Being whom they represented as the family God of Abraham, of Isaac and of Jacob, and the local God of Israel. They were constantly laying snares, too, to entangle Him in the web of the law. He was justifiable, therefore, in avoiding these by evasions, by sophisms, by misconstructions and misapplications of scraps of the prophets, and in defending Himself with these their own weapons, as sufficient, ad homines, at least. That Jesus did not mean to impose Himself on mankind as the Son of God, physically speaking, I have been convinced by the writings of men more learned than myself in the lore." -- Thomas Jefferson's letter to William Short, August 4, 1820

Banjamin Franklin Quotes

"I looked around for God's judgments, but saw no signs of them."

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." -in Poor Richard's Almanac

"Lighthouses are more helpful than churches." -in Poor Richard's Almanac

"It is much to be lamented that a man of Franklin's general good character and great influence should have been an unbeliever in Christianity, and also have done as much as he did to make others unbelievers" (Priestley's Autobiography)

Thomas Paine Quotes

"Whenever we read the obscene stories, the voluptuous debaucheries, the cruel and torturous executions, the unrelenting vindictiveness, with which more than half of the Bible is filled, it would be more consistent that we call it the word of a demon than the word of God. It is a history of wickedness that has served to corrupt and brutalize mankind."

"Take away from Genesis the belief that Moses was the author, on which only the strange belief that it is the word of God has stood, and there remains nothing of Genesis but an anonymous book of stories, fables, and traditionary or invented absurdities, or of downright lies."

"I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish Church, by the Roman Church, by the Greek Church, by the Turkish Church, by the Protestant Church, nor by any Church that I know of. My own mind is my own Church. Each of those churches accuse the other of unbelief; and for my own part, I disbelieve them all."

"The study of theology, as it stands in the Christian churches, is the study of nothing; it is founded on nothing; it rests on no principles; it proceeds by no authority; it has no data; it can demonstrate nothing; and it admits of no conclusion."

2014/10/30 10:44:36