What happens when you're not happy anymore, but change would mean losing your home, your job, your love-life, everything in your life would change?

Lizabelle 2008/07/09 01:30:24
Don't change a thing
1 vote
7%
Make yourself happy
7 votes
47%
F*** it all, get high and forget about it.
1 vote
7%
2 votes
13%
0 votes
0%
4 votes
27%
What do you do? Do you sit around and not give a shit and try to be happy anyway? Do you say F*** it and change everything anyway?

Question Closed

• Fredrick D. 2008/10/01 04:14:43
    Make yourself happy
    Fredrick D.
    +2
    If it doesn't make you happy, then fuck it. Fuck the lifestyle that is ONLY a safe haven to you. That doesn't mean to be reckless though. DONT BE RECKLESS. If you really are wanting to move on, think on it. Virtually create the next steps of your life in some sort of compiled list. But make it elaborate, if everything in your life is about to be vehemently tossed on the window, you better make damn sure you know where it lands.. That doesn't mean dont live a happy-go-lucky life, its just that the magnitude of change seems like its going to be so much u that you have to know where your going. Hoped this has helped you in some way to be decisicive about your problem.

• SparkleyPie 2008/10/01 04:48:50
    Make yourself happy
    SparkleyPie
    +1
    Fake it 'til you make it. If you "act" happy for long enough, you'll cheer up.
  • Fredrick D. 2008/10/01 04:14:43
    Make yourself happy
    Fredrick D.
    +2
  • sundance 2008/07/12 18:45:49
    Make yourself happy
    sundance
    +1
    It really depends on your life situation. There are a lot of things that you can do to change a sucky situation...the main one being changing your outlook.
    If you elaborate more on what exactly is causing your unhappiness, you will probably get more detailed advice.
    For my own part... I plan on moving to a new state and starting my 'own' life when I graduate from school. I'm not running from my problems..but I'm justing trying out something new.
  • otter -Don't Look Down!! 2008/07/09 19:51:44
    Make yourself happy
    otter -Don't Look Down!!
    +1
    do you already have something in mind that you feel led to do regarding making a change? If you're already unhappy and are feeling a 'tap on the shoulder' to do something else - do it.

Even if it means doing it afraid.

My husband and I did it and we are sooo glad we did.
  • Lizabelle otter -... 2008/07/10 04:57:07
    Lizabelle
    Yeah, the guy that I'm with now we've been together for 3 years now 4 in Nov. and I've tried so hard to just really take care of him and his friends when they all come over. They are so messy, and only help sometimes, but that's usually only one day out of the week they stay. It kind of bothers me but he doesn't understand because he never cleans up, I do it all. After five or six guys drinking night and day and dealing with my hangovers with more beer. I just kind of want them to quit drinking at our place but we have no where else to go. Kind of aggravating.
  • otter -... Lizabelle 2008/07/10 12:26:16
    otter -Don't Look Down!!
    +1
    So, the change you are talking about is wanting him to help more around the house and not have drinking there anymore? You're worried if you express theses feelings to him he will leave you?
  • Lizabelle otter -... 2008/07/11 02:27:55
    Lizabelle
    No, it's not that at all. Really, I've been finding random things in places that they shouldn't have had any reason to be, and he's laughing at something someone says to him because they give him reasons and excuses to cheat on me when I'm right there. The problem is all the guys I seem to be attracted to no matter how royal they treat me in the beginning, they always turn into a Class A *sshole. I can't find the good ones anymore.
  • otter -... Lizabelle 2008/07/11 11:25:27
    otter -Don't Look Down!!
    I am so sorry for that. I have been there before and it is very hard. I hope you can find the strength to do the right thing for YOURSELF. No matter what that might be.
  • Lizabelle otter -... 2008/07/12 17:39:35
    Lizabelle
    That's what I don't know. I don't know what I need to do.
  • otter -... Lizabelle 2008/07/12 23:24:58
    otter -Don't Look Down!!
    +1
    I would bet deep down you already know what you need to do. It's just a matter of when you will do it. I know, it's hard.
  • Neo 2008/07/09 19:44:29
  • Lizabelle Neo 2008/07/10 05:53:51
    Lizabelle
    +1
    I'm just trying to find my happy ending, ya know.
  • sd *TROUBLE* 2008/07/09 07:22:27
    Don't change a thing
    sd *TROUBLE*
    +1
    I try to make it through....
  • Lizabelle sd *TRO... 2008/07/10 04:46:56
    Lizabelle
    +1
    That's what I know I have to do. Sucks, so I need an outlet I guess. Sounds like something my therapist would tell me. I love mosh pits. They help so much.
  • Rain 2008/07/09 03:08:14
    Rain
    +1
    I dunno, good question. I would say change is good. I would think in this case, you wouldnt be able to go back though. Maybe an extended vacation to clear your head. Might work, might not.
  • Lizabelle Rain 2008/07/10 04:35:00
    Lizabelle
    +1
    That would work, but when you live where I do, everything is tourism, the locals can't do shit for free and there are NO skate parks that I know of anywhere close with gas. I'm a college student so money is so tight. Still need to come up with $3,000 tuition money in 3 weeks. I just think maybe it's stress but then again, I don't know.
  • Magzilla 2008/07/09 02:04:59
    Make yourself happy
    Magzilla
    +1
    Why keep those things if you are not happen
  • maegan 2008/07/09 01:41:24
    maegan
    +1
    i waould find a happy medium cuz u shouldnt live ur life unhappy
  • Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥ 2008/07/09 01:39:27
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    +1
    My point of view is that I want to do what God wants. He will see that I get what I truly want and need in its proper time and place. I know we are here in part to learn how to be happy, so if I am unhappy, I ask Him to show me what I am doing or not doing that is keeping me from being happy. My home is just where I happen to live. My love-life, if I had one, would be an eternal relationship, it would not be disposable. I would talk the situation over with her and we would work it out together with God. My job, again, would be a temporary thing that if I could leave if that is what is needed. Change is neither good nor bad in itself. In fact, we need to change once in a while to progress, to prepare us for our future.
  • Lizabelle Dave Sa... 2008/07/10 04:37:14
    Lizabelle
    That would be lovely if I had your faith. I want to make things happen for myself instead of wait for someone to help me. It's awesome you have that kind of faith though, good things must happen to you a lot.
  • Dave Sa... Lizabelle 2008/07/10 04:39:25
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    +1
    I have been knocked down a few times but I keep getting up, even when I don't think I can.
  • Lizabelle Dave Sa... 2008/07/10 05:03:10
    Lizabelle
    Yeah, it does get pretty rough sometimes though. I just hate being completely dependent on someone. It makes me feel vulnerable. I don't like that, and I'm there and so not wanting to change even though I have to. I don't want to give myself up just yet.
  • RubyTuesday 2008/07/09 01:36:52
  • Lizabelle RubyTue... 2008/07/10 04:41:52
    Lizabelle
    +1
    That's exactly what's going on. I don't like where I am, where I see myself going. I can learn to like it, but I guess I just feel like bi*^*in! a little bit just because. I don't want to have to learn to like something, it just feels like you give a little bit of yourself away.
  • RubyTue... Lizabelle 2008/07/10 11:11:45
  • Lizabelle RubyTue... 2008/07/11 02:35:17
    Lizabelle
    +1
    Ever been with someone where it feels like you're talking to a brick wall? I've been with this guy for the past three years, four in Nov., and it was the best relationship I'd been in until two years ago, after that it just really started going. It sucks though because he is the only one I've found to treat me right. Read my conversation with otter. It's really suspicious but everyone says they would never think he'd do it. I'm just really paranoid. It's happened to me before and really broke me.
  • RubyTue... Lizabelle 2008/07/11 11:12:36
  • Lizabelle RubyTue... 2008/07/12 17:51:26
    Lizabelle
    +1
    Wow, words fail. I couldn't imagine, that really sucks. Did you ever feel like those years were completely wasted?
  • RubyTue... Lizabelle 2008/07/12 18:41:13
  • Lizabelle RubyTue... 2008/07/14 12:17:35
    Lizabelle
    +1
    I know what you mean. Even though I'm not happy with this guy and I've been with him for years, I wouldn't go back and change it for anything.
  • freewill~STS~freespirit 2008/07/09 01:35:16
  • Boss Hogg~NOBama 2008/07/09 01:34:30
    Make yourself happy
    Boss Hogg~NOBama
    +1
    In my experience life is not nearly so dramatic if you don't let it be. Do you really have to change your whole life to find happiness? You may think that's the case, but perhaps there are little ways that you can change to eventually steer your life to a more positive course. Address problems in your life head on, systematically and one by one, and soon you'll find that there's not that many things to be so miserable about.

Do what you will though. Running away should be a last resort!
  • Lizabelle 2008/07/09 01:34:20
    Lizabelle
    I don't know if I should do what I want and loose my tuition money for college, my apartment, my car, my connection to the world, or just sit back and suck it up and not give a fuck anymore.
  • Dave Sa... Lizabelle 2008/07/09 01:40:38
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    What is it you want to do?
  • Lizabelle Dave Sa... 2008/07/10 04:43:00
    Lizabelle
    Change something, anything...Not really sure yet.
  • Dave Sa... Lizabelle 2008/07/10 04:47:41
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    +1
    Have you read the Book of Mormon? If not, I challenge you to read ten pages (not including the preface, etc.), and see if you don't feel better.
  • Lizabelle Dave Sa... 2008/07/10 05:07:32
    Lizabelle
    Yeah, I hate to tell you this but the step-brother that I had was raised in a Mormon family his Aunt and Uncle actually and he raped me from the time I was three when I met him along with our niece who was only 8 months older than me and was also going to be charged last time I heard for the rape of 2 other girls. I don't think that book could help me. I'm glad it works for you though. Thank you for the offer.
  • Dave Sa... Lizabelle 2008/07/10 05:15:34
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    Well, I know there are bad apples everywhere, even in my own Church, but this is independent of people. I'm not asking you to believe anything, just read it as a novel, if you like. I really think you will feel better. Other than scripture, I prefer reading fiction because with non-fiction, oddly enough, you have to sort out the lies.
  • Lizabelle Dave Sa... 2008/07/10 05:18:37
    Lizabelle
    Yup.

2014/07/29 08:44:10