What happens if someone objects at a wedding???

MsMSK 2009/11/25 00:38:12
i know this is a totally crazy question...but i really want to know.....what happens if a guy or girl objects at a wedding???? WHAT DOES EVERYONE DO!!

• PeterLesperance 2010/05/18 17:03:17
    PeterLesperance
    +5
    It is mostly ceremonial now. People ask it because it has always been asked. But it was intended to bring any legal objections to light before the marriage. If one or both are already married, or if they are related or not who they say they are, or any reason why they should not get married is known, it would be far better to break up a wedding than a marriage. That's why they say speak now or forever hold your peace. Because once the people are married it is too late to stop it. But divorce is so common these days people tend to not worry about it anymore

• Amanda 2013/11/22 03:40:37
    Amanda
    +2
    does* not dies
  • rhonda 2012/05/19 13:50:38
    rhonda
    +1
    I'm getting married next week but my future sister in law has been awful to us ! she is so jealous of her brother, and i would prefere she not even show but if she does and she objects i know what I'm doing. I'm asking her to come down to the front with us and lets air our dirty laundry in front of both our families then I'm going redneck and I'm going to whip her ass wedding dress and all! Problem solved!!!!!!
  • Amanda rhonda 2013/11/22 03:40:06
  • Hermione133 2012/01/23 16:04:26
    Hermione133
    +3
    Someone usually objects if the marrige is illigal or if the bride or groom is all ready married to someone else.

HOPE THIS HELPED!!!!!:):):):)
  • mm 2010/12/06 19:17:56
    mm
    +3
    if the objecter has a legal reason for objectining the wedding will be stopped, but if the objector objects because he/she loves the bride/groom, the wedding will go on.

HOPE I HELPED :)
  • Mamafierce 2010/06/12 12:37:57
    Mamafierce
    +3
    I would like to object a couple getting married but probably would be kicked out to the road after confessing this! Thanks for everyone else's post as it has helped. object couple married kicked road confessing elses post helped
  • Mamafierce Mamafierce 2010/06/12 12:39:12
    Mamafierce
    +2
    This is when Elly Mae was going to have a shot-gun marriage.
  • MsMSK Mamafierce 2010/06/12 17:24:15
    MsMSK
    probably right
  • PeterLesperance 2010/05/18 17:03:17
    PeterLesperance
    +5
  • Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥ 2010/01/08 00:29:56
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    If there is not some illegality involved, the wedding party must sort out among themselves what they will do about it.
  • Breezy(: 2009/12/07 03:23:11
    Breezy(:
    No idea.
  • dreamwriter12 ✲the libraria... 2009/11/30 17:24:49
    dreamwriter12 ✲the librarian of ρнaεt✲ in grammar I trust
    Good question. I've never seen it happen. lol.
  • Lulu 2009/11/27 03:45:04
    Lulu
    I don't know...would think the objection would have to be heard.
  • NachoChuckySpaceMoney 2009/11/26 19:26:35
    NachoChuckySpaceMoney
    The person gets Kicked Out.
    They call Security on them. person kicked security
  • Kela ~ In Lady Gaga I Trust <3 2009/11/26 03:27:14
    Kela ~ In Lady Gaga I Trust <3
    I'd be like---"PWNED!"
  • Jester 2009/11/26 00:12:04
    Jester
    I doubt it has an legal standing, if that is what you mean, but I am sure it would piss people off.
  • Nick~believe ^MOTOOP^ 2009/11/25 23:08:40
    Nick~believe ^MOTOOP^
    Things stop and whatever the allegation is is investigated. That was the purpose of publishing wedding banns -- to avoid the embarrassment. If anyone had a reason to object, supposedly, they would have come forward before the actual wedding. But I guess it does happen. After all, it did in the book/film Jane Eyre.
  • Maple ♥ Bear 2009/11/25 18:04:25
    Maple ♥ Bear
    That's why you hire a sniper and if anyone moves a muscle during that part of the service.... SNIPE...down they go...lol
  • Lady Suspicious 2009/11/25 17:53:56
    Lady Suspicious
    I don't think people do that anymore. They only ever did to stop people kidnapping people to marry in to money, lol
  • hcurrie7 2009/11/25 15:22:06
    hcurrie7
    Remove the person I have seen this happen in video clips. Why do they even ask the question if they are not going to really stop the wedding. It is just stupid
  • Emily 2009/11/25 13:58:56
    Emily
    if the person who is objecting is rob pattinson then the bride agrees quickly
  • BOOGIE-WOOGIE-MUSIC-MAN-ROC... 2009/11/25 13:38:09
    BOOGIE-WOOGIE-MUSIC-MAN-ROCK-N-R
    +1
    I think this is why they send out invitations. But I have noticed that everything gets really quiet for a moment when that question is asked. After the moment of suspense has passed, then, everybody is greatful that an invitation was not sent to someone who would object.
  • SweetLiz1965 2009/11/25 13:16:10
    SweetLiz1965
    In the South....people start hollering, throwing stuff, just like on Jerry Springer!!!
  • rhonda SweetLi... 2012/05/19 13:55:15
    rhonda
    +1
    I'm from the south and have never seen this happen, but my wedding is next week and nothing will surprise me!!!
  • pepper131 2009/11/25 13:15:47
    pepper131
    I have never seen this happen, but it would be a funny moment.
  • lsm2244 2009/11/25 11:40:56
    lsm2244
    I don't know however in hindsight I wish someone would have objected at mine
  • Jehnyhal~ Hope Not Hate~the... 2009/11/25 10:54:56
    Jehnyhal~ Hope Not Hate~the Renaissance Women of PHAET
    +4
    There's actually a WikiHow article, which I have copied since it made me laugh so hard:

Steps

1. Make sure you truly feel as if halting the wedding is your only option. You most likely have a history with the person about to tie the knot, and you must be certain that your odds of winning him or her back are favorable.
    2. Do not allow yourself to be seated by the ushers. This increases the odds that you may be stuck in a bad part of the audience that will make it difficult for you to make your objection. Instead, wait until everyone has been seated and the wedding is underway before you enter the foyer of the building. If the wedding is outdoors, keep a good distance until the bride has walked the aisle.
    3. Get in position when the ceremony begins; the best spot is at the back door of the church or room in which the ceremony is taking place. If the wedding is outdoors, move to the back of the aisle or seating area.
    4. When the reverend or judge asks if anyone should object to the marriage, step forward between the first few rows of seats in the back of the room. Boldly but smoothly raise your hand and say, "I object." At this point you must immediately provide a reason why your lover must not marry the other person. You should have this planned out beforehand and ...

Steps

4. When the reverend or judge asks if anyone should object to the marriage, step forward between the first few rows of seats in the back of the room. Boldly but smoothly raise your hand and say, "I object." At this point you must immediately provide a reason why your lover must not marry the other person. You should have this planned out beforehand and well-rehearsed so you are convincing and do not sound weak or insecure.
    5. Wait. The bride or groom will have only a few seconds to make a decision and everyone this person knows will be hanging on his or her answer. If he or she objects, quietly exit the room and walk away without making a scene.
    6. Take charge if things go your way. If he or she decides not to go through with the wedding, it is your duty to immediately escort them away from the pressure of their family and friends. There is no doubt that friends in family will be angry or furious and will demand answers if the bride or groom doesn't immediately flee the scene.
    7. Enjoy life with your stolen bride or groom. Be cautious, however, as someone who is likely to walk from a wedding may be afraid of commitment, and insecure in relationships. This could pose problems for your relationship.
    8. If things do not go as you hoped, be gracious. Nod politely, and exit the wedding without making a fuss. You've probably already caused enough trauma for the guests there- which is why it is exeedingly important to always think long and hard before going through with this.
  • Hula girl - Friends not Fol... 2009/11/25 10:15:35
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    Depends what the objection is. If it's a person that was married before they technically might never have gotten a divorce....that's part of the reason it exists.
  • Devil King 2009/11/25 07:26:14
    Devil King
    they normaly ask why they object, and if the couple are still up for it they will still get married, otherwise no, but yeah, lolz
  • Suzie 2009/11/25 07:20:25
    Suzie
    mmm not sure..but I'm pretty sure it would be very awkward!!
    probably some gasps, and if someone was very happy about the happy couple, maybe a *Why the hell shouldn't they get married?!*
    (sorry about the language :/)
  • fairiefang -annoying fashio... 2009/11/25 07:02:58
    fairiefang -annoying fashion snobs everywhere-
    The guest would actually get entertained! Wedding ceremonies are so boring!
    I think it would be awesome to see a real life objection! lol

It's pretty rare in real life.
  • The guy with Billy May's icon. 2009/11/25 06:03:18
    The guy with Billy May's icon.
    The husband and wife to be will choose someone and he/she fight the one who objected to the death! or until the food is over.
  • Night 2009/11/25 05:32:08
    Night
    I'm not sure but I think they just call it off and everyone just ceases and disists
  • montanaslittlelady 2009/11/25 05:21:39
    montanaslittlelady
    +2
    it gives you time to.....RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
  • doctor dee 2009/11/25 05:20:49
    doctor dee
    depends if groom is related some how to the bride or one of them has VD or i have been screwing him/her every night or something to be really conserned about i guees the guy doing the wedding can refuse to go on but if it's something really stupid throw the bum out and get on with it
  • Sophia 2009/11/25 03:55:28
    Sophia
    kick them out? maybe just kick them? either one should work lol!!!!
  • ♥♥Mαkαylα~AKA~♪♪♫♥♥[makαy,mickey &smiley!!]♥♥♫♪♪
    +1
    That makes me wonder if that ever happened before???
    But I guess you hear why they object and go on back to getting married...? :) lolz
  • doctor dee ♥♥Mαkαy... 2009/11/25 05:21:53
    doctor dee
    in the old days things were different
  • shaung 2009/11/25 03:43:51
    shaung
    Unhappy,sad,shame.....May be run away....
  • MoonshineMotor 2009/11/25 03:35:51
    MoonshineMotor
    +2
    In Texas, they'd be shot! lol

2014/10/23 04:42:10