What happened to me today!

mustangluver 2012/05/04 03:25:32
Would you believe, i had to go all the way to another town, like 45 mins, to the DMV to renew my license, and the woman said since i didn't have a passport, i have to show my marriage certificate..we were pissed!!! I said, are you kidding me here, Obama didn't need a birth certificate to be a president and i have to show my marriage certificate to drive? I showed you my drivers license and my birth certificate and SS card, how can that not be enough ID? I am just renewing, not applying for the first time for Christ sake..i have had a license since 1972! Since when did this happen? She said in 09...I was so outraged that the cop sitting there asked me to leave..LOL..All that gas wasted!!! But thank goodness, and just in time, right down the street where i get my registration and pay taxes is also going to do licenses starting on the 14th so my BD is 5/9 and i'll just not drive for 5 days..

• Sue 2012/05/04 03:40:59
    Sue
    +3
    Wow, I didn't need a passport to renew my license and it was expired!

• Oaces_boss_yo® 2012/05/07 08:29:57
  • Beat Magnum True Hero 2012/05/05 13:29:00
    Beat Magnum True Hero
    Not gonna get into a birther argument here but...

I've always wondered why a passport isn't issued to everyone on birth. National ID conspiracies aside, it would provide every man, woman, and child with a real photo-ID that is accepted not only nationwide, but worldwide. Using a driver's license is fine in most cases, but it does single people out who don't drive.

Even if you don't travel, a Passport is a useful ID that you can use to get anything done, including getting other forms of ID. I don't know how license renewal works in your state, but I would imagine that your pain-in-the-ass steps stem from the fact that college kids are making fake IDs to get booze, nothing more.

Makes me glad I'm licensed in Arizona, the license I got at 16 is valid until my 65th birthday.
  • mustang... Beat Ma... 2012/05/06 15:17:09
    mustangluver
    My license has my photo on it...and i renewed it here in Fl 3 times now. My SS# says who i am. I have had a license since 1972..and one that does not drive can get a photo ID...
  • METALheadMom 2012/05/04 18:37:18
    METALheadMom
    +1
    Your proof did not match - you said it didn't, so they were not going to believe you are who you say you are. YOU said, your SS name was different, AND if so, it listed what else you needed to bring. WHY are you complaining? I can't believe all these people instantly jumping to your defense like this. You are not Obama, they have rules, you expected them to bend the rules, which they will not do. I'll bet the next time you deal with the state, you will do your homework first.
  • mustang... METALhe... 2012/05/05 03:28:37
    mustangluver
    Yes, i didn't realize i had an old one..so got my new one and went back, guess what, they said i needed 2 things with my physical address as i have a box number on everything..so i had to come all the way home and back again..guess what, they said my marriage certificate was a church one, not a state one and i had to get one..i started screaming..she said this was all due to Homeland Security..i was fit to be tied..came home and did it online..and NO, I DID NOT EXPECT NOTHING..i am not that kind of person. I was appalled that after having renewed my license there many times, that they would know all my info was correct..
  • WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB 2012/05/04 12:13:17
    WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB
    +1
    My dog has papers, but Obama doesn't.
  • mustang... WannaBe... 2012/05/05 03:29:58
    mustangluver
    +1
    LOL..i went through hell again today..never once in my entire life did i have any problems..
  • WannaBe... mustang... 2012/05/05 04:45:49
    WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB
    +1
    'Stang, we no longer live in "America". Not certain what they're gonna call this place, but it may sound something like the United Socialist States of... not even certain they'd use "America" in the name, as it has bad connotations, to their minds.
  • mustang... WannaBe... 2012/05/05 05:21:58
    mustangluver
    +1
    It was really disheartening to say the least..I was like, i was born and raised in America but treated like a terrorist..They said in 2 yrs, everyone's license will have a star on it..i said, and a sickle?
  • WannaBe... mustang... 2012/05/05 05:51:23
    WannaBeRSC the Contrarian SOB
    LOL! Awesome come back... what did they say to THAT?
  • Hula girl - Friends not Fol... 2012/05/04 06:41:05 (edited)
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    +1
    They can't force a passport as most people don't have one. They can't force a marriage certificate as many people aren't married and a marriage certificate means nothing as very few require ID. A birth Certificate should have been all you needed. That's all they need here. Someone is scamming you.
  • mustang... Hula gi... 2012/05/04 08:44:34
    mustangluver
    Nope, i looked up my DMV and it lists the things you must bring and it says if you don't have a passport you have to have a marriage certificate..if your name is diff on your SS card..
  • Hula gi... mustang... 2012/05/04 20:04:42
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    +1
    Just get your name updated on your SS card...that's the clincher.
  • mustang... Hula gi... 2012/05/05 03:45:57
    mustangluver
    +1
    It was a mistake..i accidentally brought a very old one..from a previous marriage name..i updated this one 26 yrs ago..brought it back and then there was another problem, i had nothing with my physical address on it, even my license has my Box # on it..so i had to come home and go back again..then they said my marriage certificate was a church one and i needed to get a state one...i nearly had a heart attack..i said you have got to be kidding me..i have renewed my license 3 times here..all my info remains the same..she said all the changes came from Homeland
    Security.. so i came home and did it online..what a horrible 2 days!
  • Hula gi... mustang... 2012/05/05 03:47:21
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    +1
    Yet you need no ID to vote in some places.
  • mustang... Hula gi... 2012/05/05 03:54:10
  • sockpuppet 2012/05/04 04:35:40
    sockpuppet
    +2
    shawn
    I have to get my license renewed tomorrow-- wth is wrong with these people? Ridiculous. The 8th is my birthday, btw-- we should celebrate together! By not driving for a while. :O\
  • mustang... sockpuppet 2012/05/04 04:54:51
    mustangluver
    +2
    LOL...
    lol
  • Gooky 2012/05/04 04:35:08
  • Patric 2012/05/04 04:05:49
    Patric
    +2
    hmmm,, is the id for all , or just for Americans ?

if for all,,, there is going to be a lot less trafic ,
  • mustang... Patric 2012/05/04 04:55:56
    mustangluver
    +2
    For all!
  • Patric mustang... 2012/05/04 10:24:27
    Patric
    +1
    looks like the drive delay will clear them selves up real quick..

take 20 million drivers off the road..
  • Sue 2012/05/04 03:40:59
    Sue
    +3
  • mustang... Sue 2012/05/04 04:57:18
    mustangluver
    +1
    They said since i didn't have a passport, like does everyone have one, i needed my marriage certificate!
  • Hula gi... mustang... 2012/05/04 06:43:22
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    +1
    They can't as really how many are married and marriage proves nothing. This one move closer to the ID stamp on the forehead or hand. I see the beast is moving closer each day to that mark.
    +3
    Wow .. that's NUTS ..
    We .. citizens .. now have to pull out so much ..
    to get licenses .. pay our taxes, open a bank account ..
    Yet there's an occupant .. in a political seat ..
    who came to the USA on a foreign passport for College (purportedly)
  • mustang... sglmom 2012/05/04 04:59:27
  • sglmom mustang... 2012/05/04 05:00:43
    +1
    Sheesh!
    The one with the actual signatures of officiant, couple .. the date ..
    that is the Church one ..
    the Government is just a shade
    (only a recording .. like a xerox copy)
  • mustang... sglmom 2012/05/04 06:37:30
    mustangluver
    +1
    I'm bringing both, just in case..LOL
  • sglmom mustang... 2012/05/04 06:44:05
    Good Thought! LOL!
  • Hula gi... mustang... 2012/05/04 06:44:43
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    I'd hold them back. So what all single people can't get a license. Ask to see the paperwork and see it in writing before you hand over all your documents.

2014/10/26 09:36:01