What Does It Mean To You, To Delight Yourself in the Lord?

FREED Speaks Up 2009/08/14 02:51:27
Psa 37:4 Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

• thetruth 2009/08/14 05:27:06
    To me it means ...
    thetruth
    +7
    What a great Psalm!

To delight in something you love it, you enjoy it, and it becomes apart of you in everything you do, and say. The Lord becomes a way of life, a relationship. I guess I would answer the question with Scripture,:

Mark 12:30
    Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.' [ Deut. 6:4,5]

But we also note that God's blessings dont rely on anything we do, but it is a free gift, because He delights in us.

Great question Freed!
    God Bless you

Blessings ...

• HaleyPa... FREED S... 2009/08/15 00:53:07
    HaleyPanther-TheAngelOfDemons
    They called it being "saved". like you say this prayer or something.. I don't really remember, it's been a while...
  • FREED S... HaleyPa... 2009/08/15 06:26:07
    FREED Speaks Up
    +2
    Haley, yes we go to God in prayer but with the understanding and belief That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shaltl believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead, you shalt be saved. For with the heart man believes unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture says, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

When we believe, receive His forgiveness, and confess Him to be our Lord we then KNOW we are saved from our sin and death.

The fact that you don't know, can't recall, etc. means He never entered your heart, your life. For if He did you would know beyond a shadow of doubt. You would never walk away from HIm.
  • HaleyPa... FREED S... 2009/08/15 15:35:40
    HaleyPanther-TheAngelOfDemons
    Well I believed whatever they were feeding me at the time.
    Then I came to my senses.

And Then how do you explain Jewish people?
    They don't believe in Jesus either.
  • Faith,♥... FREED S... 2009/08/14 23:51:50
    Faith,♥ Maranatha!
    +2
    Amen Freed! God Bless!
  • Faith,♥... HaleyPa... 2009/08/14 23:50:05
    Faith,♥ Maranatha!
    +2
    Yes everyone worships something, An atheist worships hisself. He feels that he does not need God to exist and can handle all his problems by himself. Everything is about him,Infact all other religions besides christianity, is mostly a focus on themselves.Islamic and muslim focus on their deeds, They feel if they commit suicide by killing their enemies they will inherit paradise. They believe that people that do not believe the way they do are infidels and should die.The Hindu belief believes that when you die you will be rewarded by the kind of life you lived by coming back as some sort of animal or person. If you lived a bad life you might come back as some sort of bug. But if you lived a good life you might come back as a cow or horse or maybe if you were real good a prince or princess.

I realize there are other religions besides ours. I just believe christianity is the one true belief. Christianity is a very selfless belief. Christ gave himself for all humanity. He died on a cruel cross and gave himself as a sacrifice for all who will believe. His promises are everlasting and for anyone who will accept Him. And He will cast no one out who believes in Him. It doesn't matter who you are He will accept you.He never had riches nor wealth yet He is God and owns the whole world...

I realize there are other religions besides ours. I just believe christianity is the one true belief. Christianity is a very selfless belief. Christ gave himself for all humanity. He died on a cruel cross and gave himself as a sacrifice for all who will believe. His promises are everlasting and for anyone who will accept Him. And He will cast no one out who believes in Him. It doesn't matter who you are He will accept you.He never had riches nor wealth yet He is God and owns the whole world and the universe. He was humble who only did good for everyone. He stretches his arms out to everyone and If you come to Him He will not turn you away! He loves you so much He died for you. Now that is the difference in Christianity and these other beliefs.
  • HaleyPa... Faith,♥... 2009/08/14 23:54:02
    HaleyPanther-TheAngelOfDemons
    Atheists do not worship themselves.
    They do not pray to themselves every day.
    They do not create shrines for themselves.
    They do not write books about how other people should please them.
    (the bible is about how to please God)

I don't believe Jesus ever existed. God does, but Jesus was never in Jerusalem.
  • Faith,♥... HaleyPa... 2009/08/15 00:17:38
    Faith,♥ Maranatha!
    +1
    I am not saying they literally worship themselves like that!!! i am saying that by thinking they can do everything themselves and do not need a God they feel He would dominate them and so they deny HIS existance, they basically are worshipping themselves.They are stiff necked and rebellious! If you put anything before the one true God you are making that your idol! John 1;1 says that In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God.3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made

that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.5 And the light shines in the darkness, and darkness did not comphrehend it,.

The Word spoken here is JESUS. And JESUS is LIFE and the LIFE was the LIGHT of the world.And the LIGHT shines in the darkness.... But the UNBELIEVING did not comphrehend it!!

Do you understand what I am saying?
  • HaleyPa... Faith,♥... 2009/08/15 00:21:33
    HaleyPanther-TheAngelOfDemons
    +1
    Quite frankly, no. I didn't understand a word you just said actually.
    You're right. I do not comprehend.
  • FREED S... HaleyPa... 2009/08/15 00:31:15
    FREED Speaks Up
    +2
    I commend your honesty. You are unable to understand because these truths are profound.

The following is as straight forward and simple as the Word of God can get for an unbeliever.

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only-begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
    Joh 3:17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but so that the world might be saved through Him.
    Joh 3:18 He who believes on Him is not condemned, but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only-begotten Son of God.
  • Faith,♥... FREED S... 2009/08/15 01:53:49
    Faith,♥ Maranatha!
    thank you Freed. Satan has her blind to God's Love for her. I pray that the Holy Spirit will open her eyes soon!
  • Faith,♥... HaleyPa... 2009/08/15 01:50:04 (edited)
    Faith,♥ Maranatha!
    +1
    I understand why you didn't understand. It will only takes the Holy Spirit to open your eyes and you will never understand until the day He does do that.And I pray that He will soon! God Bless you
  • FREED S... Faith,♥... 2009/08/15 00:28:17
    FREED Speaks Up
    +2
    A great reply Faith. I get it but our friend doesn't
  • Faith,♥... FREED S... 2009/08/14 17:32:26
    Faith,♥ Maranatha!
    +2
    Amen Freed!!

2014/12/22 18:32:46