What do you think of E-Cigarettes?

Gir 2012/03/23 20:37:41
I have tried an E-cigarette and I liked it... (please comment)
I have tried an E-cigarette and I did not like it... (please comment)
I have not tried one but I like them... (please comment)
I have not tried one but I don't like them... (please comment)
I am a non-smoker but I have an opinion... (please comment)

An electronic cigarette, or e-cigarette, is an electrical device that simulates the act of tobacco smoking by producing an inhaled vapor bearing the physical sensation, appearance, and often the flavor and nicotine content of inhaled tobacco smoke, without its odor or, ostensibly, its health risks. The device uses heat (or in some cases, ultrasonics) to vaporize a propylene glycol - or glycerin - based liquid solution into an aerosol mist, similar to the way a nebulizer or humidifier vaporizes solutions for inhalation.

The device's components usually include a small liquid reservoir, a heating element, and a power source, which may be a battery or a wired USB adapter. Most electronic cigarettes are portable, self-contained cylindrical devices in varying sizes, and many are designed to outwardly resemble traditional cigarettes. Most are also reusable, with replaceable and refillable components, though some models are disposable. Liquids that produce vapor for electronic cigarettes are available in many different flavor varieties and nicotine concentrations, including nicotine-free versions.

The primary stated use of the electronic cigarette is an alternative to tobacco smoking, or a smoking cessation device: It endeavors to deliver the experience of smoking without the adverse health effects usually associated with tobacco smoke, or to at least greatly reduce those risks.

The possible benefits or adverse effects of electronic cigarette use are a subject of disagreement among different health organizations and researchers. Controlled studies of electronic cigarettes are scarce due to their relatively recent invention and subsequent rapid growth in popularity. Laws governing the use and sale of electronic cigarettes, as well as the accompanying liquid solutions, currently vary widely, with pending legislation and ongoing debate in many regions. Concerns have been raised by anti-smoking groups that use of the device still might carry health risks and that it could appeal to non-smokers, especially children, due to its novelty, flavorings, and possibly overstated claims of safety.

The modern electronic cigarette's design was devised by Chinese pharmacist Hon Lik in 2003, though the earliest known description of its concept was authored by Herbert A. Gilbert in 1963.

Have you tried an E-Cigarette?

If so what did you think of it?

What brand or model did you try?

General discussion of E-Cigarettes welcome.

• zecigs 2012/05/23 20:12:57
    zecigs
    electronic cigarettes are great, i have tried many < a href="http://www.zecigs.com"> e-cigs and they are wonderful they have helped me quit the smoking habit
  • Lucid 2012/04/22 14:06:14 (edited)
    Lucid
    i've tried the disposable ones and i'm just waiting for my starter kit to arrive next week!
    I really like them actually. very clean, no smells, no bad breath.
    I do plan to give up nicotine completely but I am not the type of person just to stop without any help.
    They are definately a step in the right direction.
    Hopefully as of next week I wont smoke analogues anymore!

the kit I am getting is from a Scottish company called JACVapour. they have really good reviews and its nice to find a british company as postage is cheaper and its nice to be able to support a company in your own country.
    http://www.jacvapour.com/PCC_...
  • Gir Lucid 2012/05/01 19:19:53
    Gir
    +1
    Good luck with it, let us know what you think of the kit once you get it.
  • Lucid Gir 2012/05/02 09:17:11 (edited)
    Lucid
    ok, so i've had it just over a week now. on the monday I only had one normal roll-up. same on Tuesday. from wednesday to saturday I didnt smoke any tobacco. On Sunday I had one to see how it compared, and I really didnt like it. I much prefer using the e-cig now, especially as you can get 1000's of flavours from tobacco ones to fruit and beverages. Its really great and i'm loving it.
    I would definately recommend e-cigs to anyone who knows they should give up, but also still really enjoys smoking (so willpower would be an issue)
    some people use e-cigs as a replacement to smoking, but you can also use it to ween yourself off nicotine as the liquid used to re-fil the cartridges comes in various strengths of nicotine.
    there are lots of forums dedicated to vaping so information and reviews are easy to get hold of.
    vaping is the new smoking!

edit:
    i've been a 10-15 a day smoker for almost 20 years
  • Gir Lucid 2012/05/06 05:07:40
    Gir
    +1
    Congrats.

Good luck with the ween. And yes, they make the same flavors with no nicotine whatsoever so you can definitely maintain the routine while stopping the nicotine addiction, then work on dropping the routine.

Again good luck.
  • robbt1 2012/04/03 02:16:17
    robbt1
    +1
    They're good. They're not the same thing, but they get you through and are much healthier.
  • Gir robbt1 2012/05/06 05:08:17
    Gir
    I agree.
  • Allie 2012/03/23 21:16:20
    Allie
    +1
    I know people that have tried the Blu e-cigarette, and they say it is just the same, but without tobacco
    blu cigarette blu cigarette blu cigarette blu cigarette
  • Gir Allie 2012/03/23 21:28:31
    Gir
    I also know people that have tried the Blu line. The one thing I would note here is that they have both manual and automatic switches. My personal experiences lead me to recommend the manual switches. I'm not sure if they sell a kit with the manual switch batteries or if you have to buy them separately.
  • Allie Gir 2012/03/23 21:39:34
    Allie
    +1
    Don't smoke so I am not sure :/
  • Gir Allie 2012/03/23 21:45:41
    Gir
    +1
    That is a good thing.
  • Ozymandias 2012/03/23 21:10:54
  • Gir Ozymandias 2012/03/23 21:31:11 (edited)
    Gir
    +1
    Well I think it may be more of a transference thing. While it does cut down or eliminate the actual cigarettes being consumed by the people I know using them, they use the e-cig regularly, and while currently there is no evidence to support negative health affects, more study is needed.

Edit: On a side note, the reduced heat signature allows our nicotine addicted troops to satisfy the cravings and keep their nerves calm, while preventing an enemy sniper from making it a non-issue.
  • Jiorgia 2012/03/23 20:52:33
    Jiorgia
    +1
    a little bit heavier then a cigarette and a little harsher but otherwise a very similar experience and a very good way to quit smoking or smoke without the harmful chemicals.

oh but mine looks like this
    e cigarette
  • Gir Jiorgia 2012/03/23 21:34:47
    Gir
    True. Is the case in this case doubling as a quick charger, with the blue indicator showing remaining charge?
  • Gir 2012/03/23 20:52:08
    Gir
    I tried a "No. 7" that I did not like primarily due to it's pneumatic on/off switch that caused me to commonly suck juice through, which is bad.

Then I got my "Screwdriver MkII" which I love. The ease of refilling the tips combined with the three day battery life are awesome, and they chose they manual on/off, which is probably the real quencher as it allows a small preheat before drawing on the vapor.

Now I am waiting on a "Tornado" conversion for my screwdriver which should give me more vapor between refills but still have the screwdriver battery life.

I think the best site I have found for the E-cigarettes is Totally Wicked E Liquid: http://www.totallywicked-eliq...

As far as vapor is concerned I like Johnson Creek: http://www.johnsoncreeksmokej...

Good Vaping!

7 pneumatic onoff switch caused commonly suck juice

life awesome chose manual onoff real quencher preheat drawing vapor

vapor waiting tornado conversion screwdriver vapor refills screwdriver battery life

Good Vaping!

2014/10/31 14:35:56