What do you know about Cambions?

HiYa 2012/02/13 05:04:05
Yes, I've heard of them.
No, I've never heard of them.
It's a mythical half-human, half demon offspring... Using the reproductive services of a human male and female. Cambions are born normally and appear human until about the age of seven years, after which they begin showing their demonic origins more overtly. The typical cambion is cunning, evil, alluring and manipulative.

Have you ever heard of these mythical creatures?

• amanda.epperly1 2013/04/11 17:55:26
    Yes, I've heard of them.
    amanda.epperly1
    +1
    I am a cambion. i recently turned over to the shadows. i have knowledge. id love to compare notes.
  • Aeric 2013/01/16 08:58:04
    Yes, I've heard of them.
    Aeric
  • Aeric Aeric 2013/01/16 09:27:43
    Aeric
    +12
    A very uneasy official at a church I had recently joined actually asked me if I was a cambion, that's the 1st time I had heard the term, and I had no idea what it meant at the time...
  • HiYa Aeric 2013/01/16 22:51:35
    HiYa
    Interesting that you heard about them in church. What did the church official say?
  • Aeric HiYa 2013/01/19 10:05:58
  • HiYa Aeric 2013/01/16 22:50:56
    HiYa
    Did you hear of them by way of book or story someone shared?
  • HiYa Aeric 2013/01/20 04:11:05
    HiYa
    Aeric who is this person playing the guitar?
  • Aeric HiYa 2013/01/21 21:32:32
    Aeric
    +1
    Oh, It's just me, it was taken a few years ago, I was 39 years old at the time
  • HiYa Aeric 2013/01/21 23:11:24
    HiYa
    Great picture. Thanks for sharing.
  • Aeric HiYa 2013/01/23 02:26:57
    Aeric
    +1
    Oh, thank you, I saw a caption that said "add pic" so I thought I was adding a pic for my avatar or whatever. Are you just teasing me about the "great" pic?
  • HiYa Aeric 2013/01/23 03:07:26
    HiYa
    No way man! What is cooler than a man and his "instrument," LOL just making music in his comfort zone.

Peace!
  • 2012/03/29 01:36:09
    Yes, I've heard of them.
    +1
    I am the author of a paranormal romance/urban fantasy series based on these mythical, yet sensuous creatures. To learn more, check out my website at www.daniellegauwain.com
    danielle e gauwain
  • HiYa 2013/01/16 22:53:11
    HiYa
    +1
    Cool gif

That sounds amazing!
  • sky 2012/02/14 22:33:55
    Yes, I've heard of them.
    sky
  • Arjuna 2012/02/14 11:58:47
    Yes, I've heard of them.
    Arjuna
    +1
    Yes and I do believe that some movies were based on this concept. The exorcist perhaps?
  • HiYa Arjuna 2012/02/14 17:15:59 (edited)
    HiYa
    +2
    Thanks for weighting in! The victim and main character in the movie Exorcist was a little girl name Reagan. The daughter in an influencial family. She was fully human but was demon possesed. The screenplay and story was said to be based off true accounts, spun into a frightening tale :-)

Exorcist Thanks
  • Arjuna HiYa 2012/02/14 19:08:34
    Arjuna
    +1
    Correct. Was it the Omen I was thinking of? I just know that I thought of the cambions when I saw some movies.

Since we are on the topic, I am sure you know that in some segments of Asian culture, dark arts are still practiced. These harness the power of inimical beings who live in formless planes of existence to perform dark things that are sensed by formed inhabitants of the world such as human beings. The counter to this is the harnessing of the same types of formless beings or objects (such as amulets) and incantations (mantras) to "protect" oneself or others against such.

I am rather ashamed to admit that in my youth, I learned the art and practiced the later form (that of protection) at extreme levels - including neutralizing some of the nastier attacks through rituals that required certain incantations to be performed on a fresh open grave.

Obviously, a person fearing unknowns or one who is naturally inclined to restlessness and worry caused by doubt would not be able to do these things, but I did experience, visually and in some cases, physically, the terrible unformed-forms of these dark beings and the damage they can do.

My saving grace was my parallel study and practice of Christianity and Islam. In the end, I found these faiths and my Buddhist knowledge far more...

My saving grace was my parallel study and practice of Christianity and Islam. In the end, I found these faiths and my Buddhist knowledge far more effective counters than my deepest practice of dark/gray/white magic to help people in trouble. Despite my altruistic and compassionate reasons for doing so, there was a period in my life when I was in a place that made no sense from the perspective of light and truth. It was stupid and just not worth it. God is always the way of light and the only valid way to respond to and/or counter demons. :) Cheers friend.
  • abycinnamon BN-1 2012/02/14 01:47:00
    No, I've never heard of them.
    abycinnamon BN-1
    +1
    interesting
  • HiYa abycinn... 2012/02/14 17:18:59
  • Link 2012/02/14 00:28:22
    No, I've never heard of them.
    Link
    +1
    I have heard of the being, just not that name...

Alluring, huh? Awesome!
  • HiYa Link 2012/02/14 00:49:08
    HiYa
    +1
    Yea... Don't get caught in their lair. sexy cambion
  • Link HiYa 2012/02/14 00:52:36
    Link
    +1
    Be an awesome way to go, though... LOL...
  • HiYa Link 2012/02/14 01:05:29 (edited)
    HiYa
    Ha! I can imagine that. href="http://i484.photobucket... rel="nofollow" target="_blank">ha imagine
  • Link HiYa 2012/02/14 01:10:04
    Link
    +1
    Hot damn!!!!!!! I should have said it would be a HELL of a way to go!
  • HiYa Link 2012/02/14 01:21:28
    HiYa
    I guess you feel it beats going quietly in your sleep :-)
    Hey if this genre intriques you, you should watch Lost Girl. It's a new series on ScyFy... About a succubus, named "Bo," it's on tonight. It's sort of like Buffy the Vampire Slayer meets True Blood.
    Lost Girl
  • Link HiYa 2012/02/14 03:39:22
    Link
    +1
    I just think the women depicted are hot! LOL...
  • HiYa Link 2012/02/14 17:22:24
    HiYa
    Well Anna Silk the actress who plays, the main character in the middle is a Succubus. According to legend, every human should think she's hot. Anna Silk
    The blond next to her is a human doctor who specializes in fae folk and other mythical creatures and the skinny man next to her is a fairy of some sort. He's an 1/8 Leprachaun and some other weird fae hybrid.
  • Aeric HiYa 2013/01/23 02:28:00
    Aeric
    This pic makes me feel funny, like when we climbed the rope in gym class!
  • HiYa Aeric 2013/01/23 03:19:55
    HiYa
    Not sure what you mean. Which picture makes you feel funny?
  • abycinn... HiYa 2012/02/14 01:49:17
    abycinnamon BN-1
    are these for adults or kids?
  • HiYa abycinn... 2012/02/14 02:41:13
    HiYa
    It's an adult show on Sci-Fi.
  • abycinn... HiYa 2012/02/14 02:47:27 (edited)
    abycinnamon BN-1
    +1
    Living Violet? I can only find references to the books. I'm familiar with lost girl.
  • HiYa abycinn... 2012/02/14 17:24:23
    HiYa
    Oh yes, the Cambion Chronicals are YA Books. It is a chronical by author Jamie Reed. Supposed to be a good read that you speed through, and adults like them too. The library in my area does not loan them, but Walmart and other book sellers including Amazon has them.
  • Herb 2012/02/13 22:45:21
    No, I've never heard of them.
    Herb
    +2
    Cambions stand over six feet in height and usually weigh over two hundred lb, with females being decidedly lighter and shorter then males.
    maybe in the bible the are call nephilim
    Goliath, as he was only up to 10' tall.
    The first giants in the Bible were known as the Nephilim. ... He must have been a big guy, because that translates to a bed 13 1/2 feet long and 6 feet wide.

Fallen Angels? Giants of Genesis 6:4?

A common belief which we share is that the "sons of
    God" who did marry the "daughters of men" were fallen angels.
    Why did God send the judgment of the Flood in the days of Noah? The strange events recorded in Genesis 6 were understood by the ancient rabbinical sources, as well as the Septuagint translators, as referring to fallen angels procreating weird hybrid offspring with human women-known as the Nephilim. This was far more than simply a historical issue, the unique events leading to the Flood are a prerequisite to understanding the prophetic implications of our Lord's predictions regarding His Second Coming. This is believed to have happened both before the Flood and after the flood. In Israel at the time of David, and before this when the Hebrews were scouting the land - there were tribes of these Nephilim - Goliath the giant of Gath is one example. Ear...

Goliath, as he was only up to 10' tall.

Fallen Angels? Giants of Genesis 6:4?

Why did God send the judgment of the Flood in the days of Noah? The strange events recorded in Genesis 6 were understood by the ancient rabbinical sources, as well as the Septuagint translators, as referring to fallen angels procreating weird hybrid offspring with human women-known as the Nephilim. This was far more than simply a historical issue, the unique events leading to the Flood are a prerequisite to understanding the prophetic implications of our Lord's predictions regarding His Second Coming. This is believed to have happened both before the Flood and after the flood. In Israel at the time of David, and before this when the Hebrews were scouting the land - there were tribes of these Nephilim - Goliath the giant of Gath is one example. Early Church fathers also understood this to be the case. It appears that these fallen angels were active all over the world. These bizarre giants living on the earth are also echoed in the legends and myths of nearly every ancient culture. The ancient Greeks, the Egyptians, the Hindus, the South Sea Islanders, the American Indians, and most all the others have these legends.

The Hebrew word Nephelim (plural of nephel) (Nephilim) literally means "rejects". The Hebrew plural for Nephites would be "Nephi'im".

Satan probably put this plan to interrupt Abraham's "seed into motion, as soon as it was made known that the Seed of the Woman (Christ) was to come through ABRAHAM.

Bible Probe Note: Our use of the Word "irruption" in this article below means: act of rushing; act of breaking in; intrusion, raid; sudden increase.

Genesis 6:4 (Original KJV):
    There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that,
    when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and
    they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which
    were of old, men of renown.

Bible Probe Note: Note the words; "and also after that". This
    probably tells of two "irruptions" by Satan's seed. One before Noah's
    time and another after the flood. They were called “The Watchers” in The Book of Enoch.

Their descendents, called Nephilim (translated "giants"), were monsters of iniquity; and being superhuman in size and in their wicked character, had to be destroyed. Was this the one and only object of the Flood?

Genesis 6:12 (Original KJV):
    And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt;
    for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.

Only Noah and his family had preserved their pedigree pure from Adam (Genesis 6:9). All the rest had become "corrupt" (shachath). The only remedy was to destroy it defacto (Latin for "in fact"), as it had become defacto destroyed.

This irruption of fallen angels before Noah's day was probably Satan's first attempt to prevent the coming of the "Seed of the woman" foretold in Genesis 3:15. If this could be accomplished, God's Word would have failed, and Satan's own doom would be averted.
  • HiYa Herb 2012/02/14 00:57:23
    HiYa
    +1
    Hey Herb - thanks for your comment. I've heard of the race of ppl. the Bible describes as "The Men of Old." In Genesis 6:4, and throughout the Bible they describe the offspring of demons/angels and humans. Men of Old

It sounds a bit like the Cambion, yes...
    However, it is a bit different than the Cambion Concept. The Cambian is born of two humans, but the egg and sperm has been [incubated] if you will inside the succubus and incubus. The Cambion is fully human, but usually evil, alluring and manipulative.
  • aeric Herb 2013/01/19 20:09:13
    aeric
    +9
    Thanx, I found this very informative.
  • Jbug799 2012/02/13 21:18:26
    Yes, I've heard of them.
    Jbug799
    +1
    I think I raised one..and I think surely the showing of demonic origins starts earlier than 7!!
  • HiYa Jbug799 2012/02/13 22:27:17
    HiYa
    +2
    LOL!!! That is hysterical. Thanks for the laugh
  • Jbug799 HiYa 2012/02/13 23:47:49
  • oldcavpilot 2012/02/13 19:09:18
    No, I've never heard of them.
    oldcavpilot
    +4
    I'm glad you called them 'mythical'. Otherwise I'd worry about you.

2014/10/30 10:06:38