What do you do when your family has turned their backs on you?

Jenny 2008/02/29 15:44:44
Duh, Quit doing what you are doing
Do what you want to do, they will just have to accept you for who you are and if they don't then you don't need them!
Turn to your friends they always get you through everything, who needs family anyways?
Turn to God
What do you do when you feel like everyone has turned their backs on you? When you have done so many things when, and you know that they are wrong yet you do them anyways. For instance we all know that having sex with a lot of people is wrong, and no matter how much someone tells you that it's wrong but you just keep doing what you want. Until one day they all just give up on you and don't want to hear wat you have to say or any of your problems!

• Fef 2008/02/29 16:33:09
    Duh, Quit doing what you are doing
    Fef
    +3
    If everyone in your family turned their backs, I would reevaluate my actions. My family loves me and has my best intentions in mind. They may have different standards at times, but they will judge me honestly. My friends will mostly accept me because we have a friendship based on who they know me as now -- and they may share in my bad habits.

• Duh, Quit doing what you are doing
    MIZ®  ₱д₸Ɽ¡Ö₸ ₩дⱤⱤ¡ÖⱤ   †
    It may seem like they've turned their backs on you, because they're not supporting that behavior.
    If you know that what you're doing is wrong then you should look deep inside yourself and figure out why you are doing what you're doing. There is a reason.
  • Ranedthel 2008/03/01 00:44:18
    Ranedthel
    On the one hand you have to be yourself. I mean who else can you be? Sure you can behave as you like but over time things change in your life and theirs. The question is do you love those you feel have turned their backs on you? You need to really understand their side of the "cause" and try to communicate, not argue or whine or fight or scream, your side. There are no promises that all will be well but a small foundation of respect can support a new and perhaps huge level maturity on both sides. The easy road is to turn your back on them and wander away from the problem but whatever you choose to do will play a part in defining your character, strength, and heart. Remember, "actions speak louder than words" so be yourself but do so with honor and honesty. Best of Luck!
  • ಌMiss Ranaಌ 2008/02/29 23:37:45
    ಌMiss Ranaಌ
    Talk to your family about what is going on for you. Let them know what you need from them for YOU; be it support, understanding or empathy. That being said, you also need to be prepared to listen to your family, and hear what they are saying to you.
  • Aingean 2008/02/29 22:50:55
    Aingean
    It really depends on the situation...Sometimes you need to sit back listen to what your family says and then deside what it best for you. Going to your friends or God ( if your religous of course) is a good way to release tension and talk things out before making a large choice...You can always do what you want, but thats not always the right thing. So descuse it. Listen to what they have to say then make a choice that is right for you
  • Trinity 2008/02/29 22:38:28
  • Chansi (Mea) 2008/02/29 21:38:30
    Chansi (Mea)
    I don't think they have turned their backs on you as much as they have turned their backs on your actions. I think your family will always love you..It is probably to hard and painful for them to deal with your actions any more...Actions speak louder then words..Quit doing what you are doing if you want your family in your life and show them with your good actions..
  • Jenny Chansi ... 2008/03/01 15:59:27
    Jenny
    Well I know that my brother has turned his back on me he point blank told me not to come to him with any problem again because he didn't care! That he was done with me, and we haven't talked since!
  • Gramma Lil 2008/02/29 21:19:58
    Gramma Lil
    Turn to someone you trust and tell them the truth about the things that are really bothering you. It is not the things that you are doing that are so much the problem...it's the things that have happened to you in the past that are making you do things to act out your pain and suffering of the past. Honey you have done nothing wrong. You are a victim.... a victim who is crying out for help. A broken child can be mended....with a lot of love and patience. If I can help you in any way please let me know.
  • Angelso... Gramma Lil 2012/02/10 07:12:13
    AngelsofGodForever
    +1
    Thank you for your wisdom. Not every child loved unconditionally, so when you grow up with a parent that phycially abuses you it's hard to find your way, especially when you see the favortism and love lavished on some but not others. Now with both parents who have died the real truth evolves. The favored child uses their power through their children, sad
    but true. They have no real power of their own, so reach to their children to carry the behavior forward......say things about their brother or sister...to their children, which they know will be repeated at a family gathering....and wonder how a 5 year old would know personal details of another family members hurt or experience of rejection,
  • sioux~Proud American 2008/02/29 20:58:57
    sioux~Proud American
    I'm sure you know what is right and wrong. Try to do the best that you can. It sounds like you have been going through a rebellious period. Maybe you had good reason, but to continue to do things that are dangerous for you to do will only hurt yourself. If your family is not a good influence on you, you have to try to stay away from them as much as possible. However, it is your life. Don't do things which will hurt you just to get even. Just be your own person.
  • Eyebrowz² 2008/02/29 20:25:24 (edited)
    Eyebrowz²
  • EASTWAR... Eyebrowz² 2012/11/13 12:54:43
    EASTWARRENQUIN
    +2
    whats up
  • GEMINII : queen of hope 2008/02/29 16:58:43
    Turn to your friends they always get you through everything, who needs family...
    GEMINII : queen of hope
    +1
    a good friend will always try to be there for you if your family isnt, been there done that but i dont have the t shirt yet :O)
  • MAGGIE IRISH EYES 2008/02/29 16:58:18
    Turn to God
    MAGGIE IRISH EYES
    Pray for their forgiveness. Blood is thicker than water. Time heals!!!
  • clara.e... MAGGIE ... 2013/07/08 10:46:21
    clara.ekman.98
    +1
    Family unconditionally is God given. 1 Everyone's opionion is valuable.....regardless of age. Support in "down in the valley"and or "mountain top days" should be the bonds that hold the family together!
  • clara.e... MAGGIE ... 2013/07/08 10:50:33
    clara.ekman.98
    +3
  • Fef 2008/02/29 16:33:09
    Duh, Quit doing what you are doing
    Fef
    +3
  • Carolyn M 2008/02/29 16:16:20
    Carolyn M
    +1
    Families reject individuals sometimes merely because they are LGBT. Some churches reject individuals because they are LGBT or merely because they have sex. Some families just don't care enough about their relatives period. Conditional love vs. Unconditional love. Sometimes families may never accept an individual no matter what that individual does. So I'd meet people in groups, volunteer or call a hotline. Aromatherapy: use incense, essential oils, lotions and potions, listen to music, get some exercise (go to the mall, hike, bike, go to your nearest natural history museum and look at the dinosaurs)
    Familial rejection is not a unique thing.

Picked this quote up "Love does not dominate; it cultivates." Goethe.
  • . 2008/02/29 15:49:23
    Turn to God
    .
    +2
    Take a long look at yourself, and ask God to show you the way to a better way of life...and listen for the answer

2014/11/29 03:43:09