What do you do when you disagree with your Doctor?

Danale 2007/08/05 05:42:21
Talk about your concerns
Ignore your Doctor's advice and do what you think is right
Change Doctor
Do what your Doctor says and complain about it to your friends
Do what the Doctor says
Why are you questioning the Doctor?

• chilton~T~ 2007/08/05 10:15:58
    Talk about your concerns
    chilton~T~
    +5
    Talk first and if I still have a concern I change doctors. I did this four times for severe back pain. The last doctor found a tumor on my spine that had been missed by the others! I love this guy-he really takes his time, LISTENS to the patient and then spends a long time analyzing test results. What a relief-I'm not crazy! There was a reason for all that pain!

• Carole 2008/03/24 03:44:19
  • Space Kitty 2008/01/15 18:41:13
    Talk about your concerns
    Space Kitty
    Talk it out then if Need Be find go to Another ONe its Your Body and your Health RIGHT!
  • Hola 2007/08/28 00:39:02
    Talk about your concerns
    Hola
    If that doesn't work i always get a second opinion =)
  • jackrorabbit 2007/08/06 14:42:03
    Change Doctor
    jackrorabbit
    You discuss your concerns, and if they will not listen, then you need
    to change doctors, because you know your body better than a doctor
    looking at it does.
  • MAGGIE IRISH EYES 2007/08/06 04:23:15
    MAGGIE IRISH EYES
    Fire him (or her)
  • ☺that's all she wrote... 2007/08/06 03:17:46
    Talk about your concerns
    ☺that's all she wrote...
    Good doctors want your feedback and are more than willing to take the time to talk to you if you have valid concerns, questions or reservations. And good doctors never have a problem with you getting a second opinion, esp. when it comes to surgery.
  • kellley 2007/08/06 01:40:05
    kellley
    respectfully tell your doctor that you are going to seek a second opinion.
  • Pat 2007/08/05 20:07:48
    Talk about your concerns
    +1
    If your doctor won't take the time to discuss your concerns, then it's time to find a new Doctor. It never hurts to have a second opinion about something serious so you have all of the information.
  • Hank 2007/08/05 19:16:18
    Talk about your concerns
    Hank
    +2
    I am very fortunate, my primary care physician will spend a litte time with me when I express my concerns about my own health. I have no problem asking questions or expressing my displeasure. If he was not willing to at least listen to me, I would certainly shop around for another doctor.
  • paramoreislove 2007/08/05 18:43:18
    paramoreislove
    do wut the doc says and if it doesnt work he gets a piece of my mind!
  • Teedee 2007/08/05 15:14:27
    Talk about your concerns
    Teedee
    +2
    I have a great doctor and he actually listens to me and we talk about everything..I always tell my doctor everything..he is great :))
  • magmeister10 2007/08/05 14:59:32
    magmeister10
    Get a second or even third opinion.
  • Margaret 2007/08/05 13:59:41
    Margaret
    +2
    Tell them I'm still concerned and explain why. They had better give a detailed and coherent reason why they are making the prognosis. If I'm still not satisfied, I look up info on the internet and revisit my doctor. My father has terminal renal cancer that we know he had for at least 2 years before it was diagnosed. The doctor kept telling him the pain in his side was his hip. He actually had a tumor in his kidney! The only reason it was caught was because my father finally demanded a CT scan. You know your body better than anyone, so listen to your own inner voice. If something doesn't seem right, DON'T LET IT GO!! Be your own advocate as if your life depended on it, it just may!!!!!
  • Blue 2007/08/05 12:46:46
    Talk about your concerns
    Blue
    you question doctors that are too quick to fill out a perscription. Why? He's taking the easy road.
  • Patrick 2007/08/05 11:37:19
    Patrick
    +2
    Last time I was in Cardiac Intensive care I pulled the wires off of me and walked out, hadn't see my cardiologist in the four days during or after the heart attack, I went from Panama City Florida to Birmingham Ala to Universtiy of Alabama Kirlklin Clinic and got the best treatment in the world. My previous doctor told me I need surgery, the surgen would not operate, Dr. Pacifico and the caridac team at UAB told me never never let a cardiologist tell you to have any surgery of any kind I would have less than one (1%) percent of just surviving the putting to sleep, I would never wake up. Always get another opinion, if you think the doctor is wrong most likely he or she is. Do not go to a doctor who doesn't or will not take time to talke to you for he/she is just interested in your money. Doctors are masters of evasion, also do not let a nurse tell you a thing make the doctor do his own bidding. Also do not hesitate to report a doctor to the medical board, too many of these money machins out there will kill you or somboyd else because of their incompetence. Doctors won't police themselves in my experience, if anything they will not say anything up to and include try to cover for the idiot.
  • chilton~T~ 2007/08/05 10:15:58
    Talk about your concerns
    chilton~T~
    +5
  • Pat chilton~T~ 2007/08/05 20:15:01
    +2
    Finding a Dr. who will spend any amount of time with his patient is hard. Too many of them have a drive-through mentality. What used to be the norm is now rare. Partly because more people run to the Dr. with every little bump and bruise and partly because we don't have as many dedicated Drs. anymore.
  • chilton~T~ Pat 2007/08/05 20:22:15
    chilton~T~
    +2
    I agree. Malpractice lawsuits(the frivolous ones) have changed the face of medicine. These docs pay incredible premiums. No MD's in my family,just one point! Many people go to doctors for things that can be handled at home(E.R.'s too!)
  • jackror... chilton~T~ 2007/08/06 14:47:17
    jackrorabbit
    That's because we think that health insurance is supposed to pay for
    everything, so since we pay so much for it, we are going to get our
    monies worth out of the cost. Imagine how much worse this will get when
    we have government funded health insurance. Then it really costs you
    nothing, but increased wait times for serious problems, because someone
    has come in for a bad cold and they "deserve" the doctors E.R. time
    just as much as you do.
  • Danale 2007/08/05 05:53:45
    Talk about your concerns
    Danale
    +1
    I always talk to my doctors, I need to understand everything completely, no questions left in my head when I'm done with the doctor. If I still don't like what I hear... I do go and get a 2nd opinion.
  • Amber V. (Bunny's *Kitten*) 2007/08/05 05:47:54
    Change Doctor
    Amber V. (Bunny's *Kitten*)
    this damn doctor told me i was depressed and that some thing in my family was depressin me so i changed doctors cuz she just assumed that by just lookin at me i was like wtf yea im depressd cuz im sick and need your help so i can get better stupid

2014/04/17 10:50:46