What do you do when someone trying to dominate you ?

postmamy 2010/10/07 23:53:04

• KDFKDF Stan 2010/10/18 07:09:31
    KDFKDF
    So what are you saying? To just go ahead and allow a psychopath to control you out of fear over what they might do to you?! I don't think so! First of all you need to cut such a person out of your life. If they persist to a point where you begin to fear for your safety, you get the authoities involved. In addition to that, you tell someone. . . . . tell EVERYONE! Don't keep it to yourself. Make sure everyone you know is aware of the situation and ask for their help to make sure you never find yourself in a vulnerable situation. If you continue to say "But you don't know what he/she is capable of!", all your doing is handing over the power of capability to that person!
  • Stan KDFKDF 2010/10/18 16:46:25
    Stan
    +1
    You obviously did not read my other postings where I indicated that I am currently helping my daughter with a terrible domestic abuse divorce, and we are in our 9th month. If you had read that you would not have asked me that question. People who are psychopaths do not think like rational people, and that kind of caustic reply just might trigger their anger and get you killed. You don't meet force with force with a deranged mind, because you just set them off. Yeah, I would be very careful about what they might do to you, because if your dead, it's a moot point.

Definitely you cut the person out of your life, but you also use your head and common sense in doing it. You get a restraining order, and you gather friends around for safety. You must document everything that happens, and you get friends to observe his out of control actions. You cut off communications with the individual, and take it to court if necessary.

Look, we have been at this for quite a while now, and we are aware that it is his word against yours in a court of law, so it is important to document everything, and get as many people involved as you can for witnesses. You must and should take your power back, but you don't come on like Rambo with a psychopath, because anger control is a major problem with these pe...

Look, we have been at this for quite a while now, and we are aware that it is his word against yours in a court of law, so it is important to document everything, and get as many people involved as you can for witnesses. You must and should take your power back, but you don't come on like Rambo with a psychopath, because anger control is a major problem with these people. That is what I was warning others about, because you are staring danger right in the face if you set them off without considering diffusing them, and getting away from them. Many people think they can be aggressive right back, without considering the risk that would involve.Let's back up and use a lot of common sense, and safety percations, before we become so damn invincible.
  • BlondieBrownEyes 2010/10/08 17:12:19
  • postmamy Blondie... 2010/10/08 22:15:52
    postmamy
    +1
    thank you for an answer.
  • Blondie... postmamy 2010/10/09 00:23:41
  • Blah_blah_blah 2010/10/08 15:54:31
    Blah_blah_blah
    +1
    Slap the mofo?
  • postmamy Blah_bl... 2010/10/08 22:15:47
    postmamy
    thank you for an answer.
  • sunshine 2010/10/08 15:22:50
    sunshine
    +1
    i will get very angry. i cant stand for anyone to try to tell me what to do. i am my own person.
  • postmamy sunshine 2010/10/08 15:23:54
    postmamy
    +1
    thank you for an answer.
  • Big C 2010/10/08 15:10:12 (edited)
    Big C
    +5
    It depends on the situation "if you know what I mean"

depends situation "banana"
  • postmamy Big C 2010/10/08 15:24:05
    postmamy
    +1
    thank you for an answer.
  • sodajerk2 Big C 2010/10/08 18:42:34
    sodajerk2
    lmao
  • Dragon 2010/10/08 14:26:37
  • postmamy Dragon 2010/10/08 15:09:38
    postmamy
    thank you for an answer.
  • Dragon postmamy 2010/10/25 15:32:57
    Dragon
    Your welcome
  • Claise 2010/10/08 14:06:36
    Claise
    +1
    that depends on the person. if hes naturally dominant, I will submit myself. otherwise I will be short and ignore the person
  • postmamy Claise 2010/10/08 15:09:45
    postmamy
    thank you for an answer.
  • Claise postmamy 2010/10/08 16:25:56
    Claise
    +1
    youre welcome!
  • Kane Fernau 2010/10/08 13:48:54
    Kane Fernau
    +1
    I'm not submissive!
  • postmamy Kane Fe... 2010/10/08 15:09:56
    postmamy
    thank you for an answer.
  • ANZ 2010/10/08 13:33:05
    ANZ
    +2
    I will literally stop talking to that person. I cant stand it when people tell me what to do.
  • postmamy ANZ 2010/10/08 15:10:04
    postmamy
    thank you for an answer.
  • jim 2010/10/08 12:45:22
    jim
    +1
    I like the nancy pelosi position once in a while. why do i always have to be on top?
  • postmamy jim 2010/10/08 13:12:19
    postmamy
    thank you for an answer.
  • turtledove123 2010/10/08 12:07:19
    turtledove123
    +1
    I usually let them think that they can, then I make sure that they know that they can not.
  • postmamy turtled... 2010/10/08 12:12:53
    postmamy
    +1
    thank you for an answer.
  • BK 2010/10/08 11:57:34
    BK
    +1
    Don't let them.
  • postmamy BK 2010/10/08 12:13:01
    postmamy
    +1
    thank you for an answer.
  • Stan 2010/10/08 09:27:34 (edited)
    Stan
    +5
    I am helping my daughter go through a domestic abuse divorce, and two of the issues are uncontrolled anger and a dominating personality. Control and anger can be two of the most insidious, damaging personality traits a person can have, but for domination, it can steal your very soul. I have been married for over 48 years, and have always looked at our relationship as a partnership where we share decisions, including money and all the other things that go with it. You have to be best friends with respect for each others needs, wants, and strengths. By making their life easier and better, you get it back in return. I think a person who must dominate another is really insecure in themselves, and feels that the domination gives them control. I would say that control is the central issue in a dominating person. Domination will eventually steal your confidence, your self esteem, and will soon start an inner conversation that soon will have you believing what the dominating person says about you. A dominating person will steal your personality, and will progress over time.

What should you do with a person who tries to dominate you? You must establish who you are, your personal worth, the fact that you need to be respected, and set up boundaries right away. If the person is a signific...

What should you do with a person who tries to dominate you? You must establish who you are, your personal worth, the fact that you need to be respected, and set up boundaries right away. If the person is a significant other, you give them notice that they are breaking your agreement, and if they continue, they must get help for their problem, or your relationship will end. if it is a friend who is bulling you, you ask for their respect, and if it continues, you will terminate your friendship. They never were your friend to begin with! You must demand respect for yourself, and refuse to be controlled. A controlling nature is not a sign of affection, nor a sign of friendship, and the sooner you understand that, the stronger and more in control you will be.

It has taken almost a year for my daughter to win back her self confidence and self-respect. Her past husband of 16 years still tries to twist her words and continue his control, but she will not let him get away with it now, and has won herself back again. Don't let this happen to you!

right from the beginning of what y...
  • postmamy Stan 2010/10/08 12:13:10
    postmamy
    thank you for an answer.
  • Stan postmamy 2010/10/09 10:06:59
    Stan
    +1
    Your very welcome!
    +3
    Tell them to GROW UP and walk away.
  • postmamy Lady Wh... 2010/10/08 12:13:20
    postmamy
    thank you for an answer.
  • elptrek P.H.A.E.T.'s wizard 2010/10/08 09:14:21
  • postmamy elptrek... 2010/10/08 12:13:31
    postmamy
    +2
    thank you for an answer.
  • elptrek... postmamy 2010/10/08 19:58:59 (edited)
  • Lady Wh... elptrek... 2010/10/08 15:27:08
  • elptrek... Lady Wh... 2010/10/08 20:02:18
    elptrek P.H.A.E.T.'s wizard
    +1
    Thanks for taking it the right way.
  • Blondie... elptrek... 2010/10/08 17:11:04
  • elptrek... Blondie... 2010/10/08 20:03:20
    elptrek P.H.A.E.T.'s wizard
    +2
    Gotta have some fun sometime. LOL :-)

2014/08/21 06:33:43