What do you do if you and your best friend like the same guy?

~softballgal3~ 2011/06/05 23:08:33
just so you know i am in 8th grade and im graduating in a week.
okay so my best friend has liked this guy named jack for like 3 months and she was planning on telling him but she chickened out. she also liked this guy named liam at the same time. liam asked her out on a friday and dumped her on sunday. that was her first boyfriend. so my best friend texted me to tell me that they had broken up and i asked if she was okay and she said "yeah im fine. i like sam anyway!" and then i said "oh..sam is the guy i like..." and then she said "would it be okay if i asked him out? or would that hurt you?" and i said "uhhhh it would kinda hurt me to be honest. and then we kinda started arguing. but the weird thing is is that she liked 3 people at the same time and dated one of them recently which means she still liked 2 the other 2 guys (one being my crush) i told my best friend that none of us should get sam right now. sam and i are going to the same highschool but my best friend is going to a different one 45 minutes away. i think its fair that i can date sam in highschool because my bestie wont be there to hear about it or anything.

i just really need help on what to do! and please tell me if its fair that i can date him in highschool!

I RAVE EVERY ANSWER!! XD

• Nevaeh Walker 2012/12/12 03:03:53
    Nevaeh Walker
    +10
    well it wouldnt be fair to do this behind her bak u need to jus try to sit down and TALK it out see if u can make something work. But im stuck because my bestie bf asked me out today nd i lik him but then shes gonna hate me so we both stuck!!!

• nina 2014/10/11 17:18:01
    nina
    +1
    What do i do if me and my bestfriend like the same guy but they are set up to.shift for tuesday and the guy found out i like him and thinks i told him he lead me on
    So basically i was really sad and angry and because were good friends the guy tried finding out and now he thinks im upset about tuesday and i fee he lead me on now everyone thinks im stopping them from shifting arrrrgh!!
  • alexia 2014/06/30 04:05:30
    alexia
    +3
    my friend likes this boy and he tould me that he like me in the begening of middal school and i like him in the beging of the school year to and thene we stop likeing echoth but i like him agenin and he like me agenin to but he haves a girl friend and he likes my bff and she likes him and i like him agenin what should i do
  • nina alexia 2014/10/11 17:22:03
    nina
    +1
    Go for it since u guys already talk asj again or get him to tell u
  • whatiam 2013/04/09 22:31:44
    whatiam
    +3
    If you think he likes you go for it but if your friend has never even talked to him tell her that you talk to him and since she dosen't let her ask first cause if he talks to you he must have some feeling for you
  • GRIMSHAW666 2013/04/04 08:41:35
    GRIMSHAW666
    +4
    go for it
  • monica 2012/12/16 03:23:41
    monica
    +3
    she is your friend, and you should be able to talk this out. sisters before misters... and if you really like this guy ask him out but let her know, and explain like your feelings on him to her.
  • jayla h... monica 2014/05/22 22:12:25
    jayla henry
    +3
    Well u shouldn't go behind a friends back like me and my friend both liked the same guy so I asked him out and he said yes so my friend found and now she isn't my friend she moved away and that broke my heart so I broke up with and she came back then a week later she and my ex got together then they moved away to Florida together and we all used to live in front royal virginia
  • Emily 2012/12/13 00:53:59
    Emily
    +8
    Your friend should date the other person she likes and let you date him since your going to the same high school, if your about to go to high school without your friend spend every day together not fighting over a boy
  • Nevaeh Walker 2012/12/12 03:03:53
    Nevaeh Walker
    +10
  • lover.com 2012/07/07 21:04:02
    lover.com
    +3
    That happens to me too.
    It depends on who the boy likes. How about you both ask him out at the same time. If he says "Yes" to one of you then that person (you or your BF) can have him. If he says "No" to your BF, help her to win the other guy that she is crushing on. Howevr, it would be kinda ad if he says "No" to both of you.
  • lover.com 2012/07/07 20:58:57
    lover.com
    It depends on who Sam likes. If you want it to be fair, you both should ask him out at the same time. If he says "Yes!" to one of you, then that one (you or your bestie) can have him. If he says "No" to your best friend, then help her to get the other guy that she is crushing on. Howeverit would be kinda sad if he says "No" to both of you.
    P.S.:That happend to me ,too.
  • bella 2012/04/29 15:38:04
    bella
    +1
    im so screwed right now
  • bella 2012/04/29 15:36:56
    bella
    im in the saame postion only he might like her and she texting me about it and im just like teering up because in reallity shes the fairy tale princess and hes the prince guy and im a lonley person on the streets or watever
  • cassidysf 2011/06/09 00:01:09
    cassidysf
    +1
    nothing.
    thats what i would do.
  • lawlerskates 2011/06/06 13:27:10
    lawlerskates
    +1
    I kick her ass!
  • Mrs.Hardy31 2011/06/06 10:29:15
    Mrs.Hardy31
    +1
    well first who looked at him first and what else to look out for is if she is just saying that!!! my friend did that to make me back up knowing the person i would die for my bestfriend so i did and in the end she didnt want me to date because she thought she was going to lose her bff so maybe you find out if she really does!!! and i say date the crap out of sam!!!! yet have equilibrium between ur bestfriend and sam spend time with both if you have to but keep it equal (future refrence) <3
  • ~softba... Mrs.Har... 2011/06/06 19:10:23
    ~softballgal3~
    well apparently she saw him first but i didnt know that cuz she never told me she liked him. she told my other best friend though. i never was told she liked sam. i knew about jack and liam only.
  • GRomano1 2011/06/05 23:28:23
    GRomano1
    +2
    Very fair, despite having nothing to do with your friend...a true friend wouldn't have a problem with it
  • K5renee 2011/06/05 23:26:00
    K5renee
    +2
    Speaking from experience with my own best friend...I would just ask him out. My friend and I went through a similar situation except we went to the same school. She ended up asking him out when she KNEW I liked him. Guys make girls not think straight. lol.

If you really like him and think it's worth a little bit of drama to date him then ask him out. You're not even in high school yet. Everything changes when you get to high school. Honestly, before you know it you'll have an entirely new group of friends and since your best friend is going to a different school then you're probably not gonna be as good of friends with her as you are with some new person you meet.

This is all from personal experience. I'm not trying to tell you how your life is gonna be or anything :P
  • Grace. 2011/06/05 23:24:21
    Grace.
    +3
    It's happend to me almost every guy i like.
    But he usually ends up liking my friend >.<
    But first see who he likes... that's the main thing.

btw, i didn't read that paragraph up there ^ xD
  • ~softba... Grace. 2011/06/05 23:26:49
    ~softballgal3~
    ahahaha i think he likeess me :)
  • Grace. ~softba... 2011/06/05 23:28:55
    Grace.
    +1
    okaay,then juss be like.

" hey boo, i was just wondering if like like anyone.... yahh know...that special special friend... me? :)
  • Tammy 2011/06/05 23:12:55
    Tammy
    +1
    Yeah! ok let your friend ask him out, maybe he'll say no to her, then you won't have to worry about it! lol or you can just let your friend go out with him and then they'll probably breakup in a month, maybe not even that, and then you can go out with him. Well, and if you liked him first, then he's yours. Your friend should respect that. Or just go ahead and start talking/ flirting with him and then maybe he'll ask you out. Your friend will probably be over him anyway by then and had a new crush, well she has 2 more. She should let you have this one.
  • ~softba... Tammy 2011/06/05 23:15:01
    ~softballgal3~
    +1
    well apparently shes liked him before me and she never told me about it
  • Tammy ~softba... 2011/06/05 23:18:41
    Tammy
    +1
    so are you guys not friends anymore? have you ever talked to this guy you liked or do you just think he's hot?
  • ~softba... Tammy 2011/06/05 23:22:21
    ~softballgal3~
    +1
    we are friends still and ive talked to this guy and i think hes really hot and hes freakin hilarious. my bestie hasnt really talked to him. as a matter of fact, he just texted me!
  • Tammy ~softba... 2011/06/06 00:10:14
    Tammy
    +1
    ask him out, take a chance! i mean, the worst that can happen is he can say no! did he text you first? if so, he wants to text you! talk to you...he's into you.
  • ~softba... Tammy 2011/06/06 00:11:42
    ~softballgal3~
    +1
    i dont ask guys out!
  • Tammy ~softba... 2011/06/06 00:13:53
    Tammy
    +1
    why not? lol well do you think he's gonna ask you out? tell him you like him?
  • ~softba... Tammy 2011/06/06 00:19:12
    ~softballgal3~
    +1
    i dont really know

2014/10/20 13:16:05