What do you do about the neighbor's dog barking all night?

MickieDee 2010/07/08 03:33:20
Making a dog stop barking at night......particularly if it is your neighbor's dog.

Barking is a natural form of communication for dogs. It has been passed on to your dog from its ancestors who barked to alert the pack of intruders and to protect a limited food supply. A dog who barks at night can be showing signs of boredom, not getting enough physical or mental exercise, or something more serious like pain or illness.

• bonehead15329 2010/07/08 03:42:02
    bonehead15329
    +3
    I'll have to watch this to see if anybody has a good answer. My neighbor has a dog that barks continually, 24-7. His other dogs bark sometimes, but this one dog, I mean it's just nonstop. What kind of an @$$ inflicts that on his neighbors? We live out in the country and I've always enjoyed the peace and quiet here, until this dog showed up. It's been going on for weeks now. If that was my dog, believe me, I would put it out of its misery. I hope somebody here knows some kind of trick to make the dog shut up, because I've never been so tempted to kill another man's dog. The worst part is, the dude is my nephew.

• wrghtshad 2011/06/16 03:17:58
    wrghtshad
    +2
    So what do I do when I call the police and they cant stop the dog from barking and they say they cant do anything about it ?
  • MickieDee wrghtshad 2011/06/17 03:27:33
    MickieDee
    Jeesh! That's useless! I like the idea of throwing the dog a huge rawhide chew or one of those neck bones from the meat isle in the supermarket....mentioned below. I know of somebody else who wears earplugs to bed.
    Maybe one of those 'white noise' players by your bed.....
  • Lonestar 2010/07/20 20:15:44
    Lonestar
    +1
    My Neighbors And The Dogs From Hell!

We had been having trouble for months with our neighbors and their dogs. The dogs will bark all day and all night and it does not seem to bother them.

I have tried everything from cursing at the neighbors to calling the cops but nothing worked and it seemed like the cops felt like they had better things to do.

I finally found a solution to this problem and I could not believe how easy it was. Just go to http://www.antibarkingdevice.com and it will show exactly how to stop your neighbor's dog from barking.

I just popped their cd into my stereo and blasted the dog with an ultrasonic sound that humans cannot hear. It worked after one day and I was totally amazed. Anytime I hear them bark, I give them a taste of the blast just to remind them not to bark. You will love the power of shutting them up!
  • MickieDee Lonestar 2010/07/26 04:02:56
    MickieDee
    You're kidding!! Wow! Sounds like the miracle answer!!! And it really worked?
  • Lonestar MickieDee 2011/09/08 21:09:26
    Lonestar
    +1
    It worked great. The dogs next door still do not bark. Me 1 Dogs 0!
  • MickieDee Lonestar 2011/09/09 04:05:02
    MickieDee
    This is excellent news!!! Glad it worked!!!! YES!!!! Could be the answer for alot of people!!!!
  • Lonestar MickieDee 2011/11/26 02:07:56
    Lonestar
    +1
    Still no barks~!!
  • MickieDee Lonestar 2011/11/27 04:19:28
    MickieDee
    I have shared this with other people too! I haven't gotten feedback though, but glad it is working still!!!
  • LITTLEBIRD 2010/07/08 06:09:07
    LITTLEBIRD
    +1
    I WOULD MAKE IT VERY CLEAR THAT THE DOG OWNER NEEDS TO TEND TO THEIR DOGS NEEDS OR I WILL MAKE SURE THAT IF I'M NOT GETTING ANY SLEEP ,YOU WON'T EITHER.
  • bonehea... LITTLEBIRD 2010/07/08 10:27:14
    bonehead15329
    Hey that sounds like a good idea! You've really got me thinking now.
  • LITTLEBIRD bonehea... 2010/07/08 22:07:46
    LITTLEBIRD
    +1
    THANKS, I WORK WITH DOGS ALL DAY AS WELL .I ALSO OWN FOUR DOGS.
  • wrghtshad LITTLEBIRD 2011/06/16 03:26:21
    wrghtshad
    +1
    But the dog owner isnt there he lives in a different house
  • swivelhead 2010/07/08 03:57:43
    swivelhead
    +1
    I've a couple and am constantly in their poop to have them stop....my barking dogs, not my barking neighbors....I'd talk with them, the neighbors....there's a reason the dog is barking, and maybe it's simply an introduction to the neighbor/you and/or your dog.....had a cop who lived in the neighborhood next to someone with two outside "barking" dogs -- he sited them with disturbing the peace and the dogs were removed a few weeks later.....more of a drastic means I'd like to see people work around....
  • wrghtshad swivelhead 2011/06/16 03:30:02
    wrghtshad
    +2
    I wish they would do that here but they wont. They said as long as the dog is inside they cant do anything about it.
  • bonehead15329 2010/07/08 03:42:02
    bonehead15329
    +3
  • straigh... bonehea... 2010/07/08 04:39:44
    straightfoward
    +1
    We have a neighbor that has two dogs. Needless to say he is with the fire department and no amount of complaining does any good. One of his dogs barks constantly. I do not understand this, because we as well have a dog and she never barks unless someone comes up to our front door. The barking keeps me up all hours of the night and during the day you can forget any kind of nap. It is very frustrating.
  • MickieDee bonehea... 2010/07/08 06:42:47
    MickieDee
    +1
    If I had a dog that barked at night constantly like that, I would be doing something about it . I don't get it. Don't the owners hear it barking too? Isn't it keeping them up all night too? It is so annoying that it drives you to really desparate measures....particularly when it is constant and it never, never stops!!!!
  • Jester 2010/07/08 03:35:17
    Jester
    +1
    Throw him a huge rawhide chew or one of those neck bones from the meat isle in the supermarket. Those occupy my parents dogs for a good 8 hours.
  • MickieDee Jester 2010/07/08 03:40:43 (edited)
    MickieDee
    +1
    Hmmm..that's true! If ya happen to have one of those on hand. Most dogs will slobber all over a good ham bone for hours!!!

hmmm true ya hand dogs slobber ham bone
  • wrghtshad Jester 2011/06/16 03:23:38
    wrghtshad
    +3
    How can u do that when the dog is inside

2014/11/23 07:34:35