What do we do to stop this from happening everyday, when the camera's are not watching?

CaptnSassy 2012/06/22 19:16:16
Here's one idea. . . . (please leave a comment)
Why bother? (please leave a comment)
Take a look at some of the comments left on the original youtube page.

"And they wonder why there's shooting in school...these asshole kids needs to get shot execution style"

"Fuck these mother fuckers! They and their parents should be killed."

"Stop bieng fag faces + dush bages + son of a b**** + major geeks what if she was u retards"

"No you wouldn't. You're just a little pussy who likes to talk tough on the internet. In reality you would've just curled up in a corner and looked away and tried your best not to get involved. Pussy."

"TENG, FUCKING ASIAN CUNT!! LOWER RACE"

"I couldnt handle to watch more than 1:23 because i felt so bad for her if i was there i would have beat the shit out of those little fuckers chop off their 3 inch dicks and feed them to them this video makes me so"

No, they are not all that bad. And I realize that most of these comments were made while the authors were emotionally raw. But this is how so many people communicate today.
Every interaction we have everyday, every minute shapes us into who we are. These kids have been immersed in talk, actions and words like these.
I am by no means excusing what they did. It was their choice to behave like animals. And I have very specific consequences that I would like to see imposed.

But we should use this as an opportunity to look at how we act/speak/interact with each other. Bullying has reached an all time high. It is not just being reported more often. More people are bullies today than ever.

Now that we've had our heads ripped out of the sand and are very aware of what is happening, just in our schools, what are we going to do about it? Yes, Ms. Klein could receive that fundraising money. But what about the real problem? What do we do to stop this from happening everyday, when the camera's are not watching?

*************************************************************...
My proposed consequences:
1. Face to face apologies. Live streamed.
2. No public school bus transportation for the remainder of their educational careers.
3. 10 hours of community service every week until they graduate high school.
This CS work should be in a nursing home, hospital and or homeless shelters. The will be required to have a parent with them at all times during CS. This would allow for 3 opportunities: a) relationship building between parent and child. b) for the child to attain the capacity to have empathy. c) parent is responsible for the behavior of their child as no one else should have to carry that responsibility.

• CaptnSassy 2012/06/25 16:16:24
    CaptnSassy
    Thank you all for taking a moment to contribute
  • Tasine 2012/06/23 13:31:32
    Tasine
    +1
    What if, just once, we told the PC police to shove it where the sun doesn't shine, and allow victims to fight back? Maybe fighting back is THE answer. Bullies don't usually bully people who fight back.
  • ☆Hitler... Tasine 2012/06/25 13:33:32
    ☆Hitler was a community organiz☆
    +2
    but consider all the valuable social skills these young people have learned...lolz
  • Tasine ☆Hitler... 2012/06/25 13:43:04
    Tasine
    +1
    They HAVE acquired quite a vocabulary, and their idea of "fun" is barely short of psychotic. Those are some SICK kids, and if one of them was mine, I'd have him/her in therapy today!
  • ☆Hitler was a community org... 2012/06/23 13:26:06 (edited)
    Why bother? (please leave a comment)
    ☆Hitler was a community organiz☆
    +2
    its the logical conclusion to the public school system...did you really exspect anything else?...thats incredible
  • beach bum 2012/06/23 02:02:16
    beach bum
    +1
    just sad
  • Cuppajo 2012/06/22 19:29:36
    Cuppajo
    +1
    I believe I've already concisely expressed my thoughts on this matter.
  • ☆Hitler... Cuppajo 2012/06/25 13:32:23
    ☆Hitler was a community organiz☆
    +1
    and we thank you for that...what ever that was

2014/04/24 19:03:03