What Did Jesus Of Nazareth Mean, Or Who Was He Addressing When He Said This? " "Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom." " (Matthew 16:28)

Masaca 2013/05/10 18:09:23
I Don't Know. I've Never Thought Of It In That Light Before
I Don't Know.  I've Never Read That Passage Before, Let Alone Pondered It.
He Was Clearly Talking About Eternal Death You Idiot
HERETIC!!!!!
Your Damned Choices Are Skewed And Biased You Lying Filthy Spirit
Your Question Bothers Me, And I Choose Not To Answer.
Screw You, You Dirty Stinky Filthy Muslim Commie Bastard!!!!!!!
What Did Jesus Of Nazareth Mean, Or Who Was He Addressing When He Said This? " "Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom." " (Matthew 16:28 )
Often wonder about that particular quote. I wonder if he was telling one of his disciples that he (the particular disciple,) would misuse his gifts (power,) to avert human death and subdue the earth and it's inhabitants for his own pursuit of world domination.

• Maxine 2013/05/17 19:16:02
    Maxine
    The return of Jesus--meant for all believers.
  • Lizzy 2013/05/11 07:57:06
    Lizzy
    +1
    I think this passage you refer to is about The Transfiguration of Jesus.
  • Iconoclast1919 2013/05/11 04:53:42
    Iconoclast1919
    +1
    The righteous are invited to Paradise until the Day of Judgment at the time their body dies, so they do not experience death.
  • Masaca Iconocl... 2013/05/11 04:56:46
    Masaca
    Huh?
  • Iconocl... Masaca 2013/05/11 05:02:06
    Iconoclast1919
    +1
    The body dies, but the soul never dies. God already knows who is going to be saved and the righteous do not have to experience death.
  • Masaca Iconocl... 2013/05/11 05:10:52 (edited)
    Masaca
    But here it is suggested that we all must die

1 Corinthians 15:22

" "Just as everyone dies because we all belong to Adam, everyone who belongs to Christ will be given new life." "

Note the word (everyone.) in both instances
  • Iconocl... Masaca 2013/05/11 05:24:25
    Iconoclast1919
    +1
    I believe we all died a first death before coming to this world. We all existed in God's kingdom where we each had rebelled (OUR original sin), which is why we were put to death for the specific purpose of testing us to expose our innermost convictions. God already knew who would be redeemed back into His kingdom and who would not be, but we and the heavenly community all witness each other so that when God permanently exiles some of the rebels, everyone in the community will know that God is the Truth and is Just.
  • Masaca Iconocl... 2013/05/11 05:28:19 (edited)
    Masaca
    +1
    Interesting Icon. Interesting indeed. Let me (take a great while,) to ponder this one. .........Yes, ......it is very interesting indeed

Thanks

smiley
  • say what? 2013/05/10 20:34:38
    say what?
    +1
    Maybe he was referring to the day of the Pentecost.
  • Clay Slayer 2013/05/10 19:26:23
    Clay Slayer
    according to the story, this Jesus was just another doomsday sayer,,, He was not from Nazareth as Nazareth didnt exist untill toward the end of the 2nd Century.. and know one knows that he even said that, because none of the writers of the bible ever met the dude..
  • Masaca Clay Sl... 2013/05/10 19:27:10
    Masaca
    None of them?
  • Clay Sl... Masaca 2013/05/10 19:46:00
    Clay Slayer
    Absolutly none of them,, and the names, like Matthew, Mark, Luke and John were not the writers real names.. no one even knows who the biblical writers were..
  • Masaca Clay Sl... 2013/05/10 19:46:42
    Masaca
    So they didn't exist?
  • evangelism_vision 2013/05/10 18:42:50 (edited)
    evangelism_vision
    He was referring to some of the disciples closest to Jesus who would see him glorified

Remember the story? even mentions what happened when you read on. They saw Jesus has he is. and would be after his death.

The Book of Revelation describes what John saw while he was writing the book and what appearance he saw of Jesus as King of Kings and Lord of Lords
  • Masaca evangel... 2013/05/10 18:48:59
    Masaca
    So, when do they taste death (die?) Or are you referring to their witness of him after his resurrection?

Why would the be the only on;es who would have to die (after,) his (ultimate,) glorification,) if you are in fact talking about His ultimate kingdom come? I thought they (above all people,) would enjoy his kingdom.

I just don't get what you are saying here.
  • evangel... Masaca 2013/05/10 18:58:26
    evangelism_vision
    +1
    Before Jesus Died on the cross, He took some of his disciples up with him and they saw him appear as he would after he rose from the dead. Scriptures mentions this

Jesus was the one who died for Humanity because He was Perfect, He was the son of the living God in human flesh. He went to the cross to take our sins... all Humanity's sins upon himself because he knew what was at stake.

We are all sinful and born in sin. The Bible says Sin brings death and without Christ, if a person dies, He dies eternally too. That is why Jesus came to prevent us from having to go to hell. He provides humanity an escape route through the cross

His Kingdom will come.... One day in the Future He will go into Jerusalem through the Eastern Gate that has been sealed and He will enter the rebuilt Temple and sit on the throne of David as prophecy say He would.

Those that will enjoy His Kingdom are those that have trusted Jesus as Lord as Master of their life. Jesus said Who so ever calls on the name of the Lord will be saved
  • Masaca evangel... 2013/05/10 19:06:11
    Masaca
    SO, he actually meant that everyone *every single person) who was listening to him at that particular moment (and there were many, right?) would not taste death (die,) until Easter Sunday? Hmmm, OK, perplexing as it is, I guess i get it.
  • evangel... Masaca 2013/05/10 19:11:28 (edited)
    evangelism_vision
    NO!!!! He was talking to some of his disciples and they did. Remember what he told them?

He said do not tell anyone until I have risen from the dead. This all happen during Jesus last week before his death on the cross..

It is not referring to " EVERYONE" Does that help?

It's kind of like getting a PREVIEW
  • Masaca evangel... 2013/05/10 19:18:41
    Masaca
    But the question is pertaining to this curious proclamation.

"Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."

Particularly this part of it.

" some who are standing here will not taste death."

which seems to refer to the end of times, as in this part of it

" before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."
  • evangel... Masaca 2013/05/10 23:24:39
    evangelism_vision
    THEY DID........GOD THE FATHER GLORIFIED JESUS THE SON IN ALL OF HIS MAJESTY AND FOR A BRIEF MOMENT, THEY SAW JESUS AS HE REALLY IS AND WAS AFTER HE ROSE FROM THE DEAD.

So that is what it means
  • Masaca evangel... 2013/05/11 01:09:23
    Masaca
    So his kingdom (has) already come? I see
  • evangel... Masaca 2013/05/11 02:14:25
    evangelism_vision
    DID I SAY THAT? NO I HAVE NOW.... THE JW'S BELIEVE THAT BUT THEY ARE A CULT...

Read it over again what I said... S....L....O....W....L....Y

After that moment on the Hill His followers and Jesus left and finished out what needed to be done that week.. and later Judas would betray Jesus for 30 pieces of silver.....

Remember? He(Jesus) was arrested in the Garden and they took him before the religious leaders and they ended up having him tried and convicted of a crime He never did.

But that was God's will because Jesus had to go to the cross to take humanity's sin debt upon himself for us. He paid our Sin debt in full but it does you no good unless you accept Jesus as Lord and repent of your sins, turning to him.

After the cross, when He died... Three days later as the prophecy said, He rose from the dead.

40 DAYS AFTER JESUS ROSE FROM THE DEAD, HE ASCENDED INTO HEAVEN

WHEN HE RETURNS, HE WILL SIT ON THE THRONE OF DAVID IN JERUSALEM
  • Masaca evangel... 2013/05/11 02:27:21
    Masaca
    Yeah, I get this part

" WHEN HE RETURNS, HE WILL SIT ON THE THRONE OF DAVID IN JERUSALEM."

and this part of what you pointed to earlier"

"The Book of Revelation describes what John saw while he was writing the book and what appearance he saw of Jesus as King of Kings and Lord of Lords"

I do think they both do indeed refer to his glory.

However, this seems to not answer the question of:

" What Did Jesus Of Nazareth Mean, Or Who Was He Addressing When He Said This? " "Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom (Matthew 16:28) "

It seems to me that (by your account,) he his Kingdom has finally come, or (by my query,) it hasn't yet arrived, and that there may very well be one or more of his disciples (or demons,) who were present in that crowd. I doubt he was talking to any demons who were present because they already knew that they were semi immortal. But his disciples on the other hand, well, that's another story
  • evangel... Masaca 2013/05/11 02:38:46
    evangelism_vision
    AGAIN.... He was not talking to Us.. He was talking to those around him at that time about an event that would happen before he died on the cross. It happened.....
    That's all Don't read into what is not there.

Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom

THE KINGDOM IS WITH GOD, AND JESUS IS GOD IN HUMAN FLESH. HE WAS IN THE BEGINNING WITH GOD

John 1 In the beginning was the WORD, And the words was with God, and the word was God...

When you read on in the chapter you see that the word became flesh... That is Jesus
  • Masaca evangel... 2013/05/11 02:43:56 (edited)
    Masaca
    I see, so once again your position of

that he meant on the day he rose from the first death, but then how does your earlier statement support that? You did use the following to support your positions, didn't you?

" " WHEN HE RETURNS, HE WILL SIT ON THE THRONE OF DAVID IN JERUSALEM." "

and

" WHEN HE RETURNS, HE WILL SIT ON THE THRONE OF DAVID IN JERUSALEM "

Are you now saying these it is irrelevant to the conversation?
  • evangel... Masaca 2013/05/11 02:55:22
    evangelism_vision
    NO Read what I said I did not say that first part

• ThePollitician 2013/05/10 18:15:51
    ThePollitician
    Why do fairytales matter so much to you?
  • Masaca ThePoll... 2013/05/10 18:19:12
    Masaca
    Um, because they do. Now may I ask you why does my entertaining and belief in my fairy tales matter you so much?
  • ThePoll... Masaca 2013/05/10 18:20:30
    ThePollitician
    +1
    Well, I get points from answering questions.
  • Masaca ThePoll... 2013/05/10 18:21:35 (edited)
    Masaca
    Oh, I see. A virtual reality, is it? Hmmm.
  • Masaca 2013/05/10 18:10:28
    Masaca
    I am still pondering the meaning of this one.......(too)
  • Jerry Masaca 2013/05/10 23:39:12 (edited)
    Jerry
    ........ " ....... mocking the Word of God, when being educated by a fine Minister, a true spokesman for knowing the teachings of God, and His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ..... I warn You....... is a serious Sin....... and blaspheming the Holy Spirit of God, is an Unforgivable Sin........ so if I were You, I would listen to the words of wisdom here, if You are a nonbeliever........ better repent of All of Your sin, by listening to this Minister, and ask Him to read the Born Again, Sinner's Prayer........ You say it also, with Him..... just be sure that You do this with All sincerity..... and with New, Faith in God, Jesus Christ and the invisible but All knowing........ Holy Spirit....... if You decide to blow this off....... and live Your life as You've been living it......... be prepared for the alternative to the Gates of Heaven........ that being the Eternal Lake of Fire........ and Hell......... " .........
  • Masaca Jerry 2013/05/11 01:12:51
    Masaca
    What? Which words of (wisdom,) where? LOL

Oh my you sound like a Muslim zealot
  • Jerry Masaca 2013/05/11 02:51:52
    Jerry
    ........... " the minister, that You have been talking to........ don't You realize, that Evangelism_Vision, is a Man of the Cloth......... He posts spiritual messages here, All the time............ and He, Is a Minister......... not just a Soda Head member.......... " ......
  • Masaca Jerry 2013/05/11 02:56:02 (edited)
    Masaca
    LOL, so he is a (ordained) minister who hasn't even searched out the meanings of the mysteries of what has been written? On my goodness.
  • Jerry Masaca 2013/05/11 03:29:10
    Jerry
    ......... being an Atheist, You have that right....... but don't You dare for a moment........ try to change traditional values based on Our Declaration of Independence......... take Your garbage retoric somewhere else......sensible Soda Heads, want to discuss something with more substance....... not gay rights..........
  • Masaca Jerry 2013/05/11 03:33:16 (edited)
    Masaca
    LMAO! Oh mu goodness.......LOL Stray much, do ya? LOL
  • Jerry Masaca 2013/05/11 03:36:58
    Jerry
    ........... and, learn to spell..............
  • Masaca Jerry 2013/05/11 03:44:49
    Masaca
    LOL, it's that it? Is that the only retort(s) you have on this thread? You sir are joke. Thanks for stopping
  • Jerry Masaca 2013/05/11 04:35:14 (edited)
    Jerry
     the Book of Life  the Book of Life  the Book of Life

........... " .......... Repent, the Kingdom of God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.............. is Near............ { nearer than you think } ...... " ..............

2014/11/23 19:09:35