What changes would you like to see SodaHead make?

Walt 2011/02/14 17:14:21
Related Topics: Style
What I would like to see...
I don't have any suggestions to make.
Ask someone else, this doesn't matter to me.
Other. (Please comment.)
With all of the recent changes to SH, I don't see any that were generated from user posts at the Suggestion Box on SodaHead Groupies.

Many of us have contributed site suggestions and it often seems futile.

Please try to post some suggestions -even the ones already posted in SodaHead Groupies- right here, making it incredibly easy for SH to see what we want.

Thanks!

site suggestions futile post suggestions posted sodahead groupies- incredibly sh

• JJ 2011/02/15 02:10:50
    What I would like to see...
    JJ
    +8
    ..to go back to the way it was before all of these changes.

• Yars the Great 2012/07/16 20:30:13
    What I would like to see...
    Yars the Great
    +2
    Hide certain friends' questions so they don't pop up in your question list.
  • Walt Yars th... 2012/07/16 21:45:16
    Walt
    +1
    I originally posted this question when I thought SH staff might at some point pay attention to the wishes of participants. (Admitting naivety is difficult for me.)

What you suggest is something I suggested in one form or another at least twice in the SodaHead Groupies suggestion category back when I still made suggestions here. Others have also made similar suggestions.

It's a good idea, but apparently it's not going to happen unless a lot of participants begin raising hell.

I've posted a couple of questions relevant to the topic, but generally all it does is get lamebrains pissed off at me instead of having the desired effect.

http://www.sodahead.com/fun/w...

http://www.sodahead.com/livin...
  • Yars th... Walt 2012/07/16 22:15:56
    Yars the Great
    +1
    thanks for the links. it's hard not to piss people off on here.
  • nails 2011/09/20 05:56:02
    Other. (Please comment.)
    nails
  • Hula girl - Friends not Fol... 2011/09/16 00:31:36
    What I would like to see...
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    +2
    Get rid of the professional writers that always stay on the front page and let real Sodahead Users back on the front page by popularity like it was in the good old days. Currently the pros stay up there for days and it's boring!

Get rid of the level users that don't frequent this site and move to the head of the class by putting a widget on another site and then getting all the points here.
  • Walt Hula gi... 2011/09/16 01:12:17
    Walt
    +2
    Like you, I miss "the good old days" when users were important on SodaHead as opposed to paid contributors.

I dislike the points and levels system. If it has to be this way, you're right. Offsite widgets shouldn't count here on SH.

Back when all of these changes were made, many of us expressed our thoughts, but we were ignored.
  • Hula gi... Walt 2011/09/16 01:29:59
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    +3
    You are right and it still feels like a slap in the face.
  • PlatonicBagTwo 2011/04/11 11:54:16
    What I would like to see...
    PlatonicBagTwo
    +2
    is to be able to click on more than one category when asking your question. (Fun AND Living, for example)
  • BN-0 2011/03/25 05:39:01 (edited)
    What I would like to see...
    BN-0
    +1
    Take the Add friends option when you click on the leaderboard off These mass friend request can be annoying. People know how to friend a person, let them decide. Random friend requests via that leaderboard really aren't fun to get. One poster said they may start blocking people if she keeps getting them.

I know it was added to amp up the activity on the site but it's annoying people. It's irritating and ignore them but the one person said she will block a person if she gets one from them. I hope others wont do the same. Probably not but I hope they won't.
  • Walt BN-0 2011/03/25 17:55:29
    Walt
    +1
    That would be the best change they could make. More people would likely have made the same comment if they had made that particular change when this question was posted.

As much as possible, I have been attempting to participate in private groups that don't merit points according to the SH points system so that I don't move up on the leaderboard. That way I don't get more of those stupid requests. I've gone from a high position on their leaderboard down to number 5,000 or something like that. I prefer it that way.
  • BN-0 Walt 2011/03/27 17:13:20
    BN-0
    +1
    Yes I've seen at least three 'questions' about this new feature.

I know of a person who rarely raves, answers or ask and yet that person was up on the board (two-thousand something on the board) so it's not even accurate. Being on online alone can make you be a 'victim' of it. (haha)
  • Jenny 2011/02/19 17:55:31
    What I would like to see...
    Jenny
    +2
    instant chat like on facebook to talk t friends with out haveing to bac and forth and also beibg able to have mre privet conversations that everyone else wouldnt b able to see
  • theunbubba 2011/02/18 05:19:37
    What I would like to see...
    theunbubba
    +2
    Make it easier to get rid of the questions you don't want to answer. It takes entirely too long to eliminate the detritus.
  • Walt theunbubba 2011/02/18 05:23:43
    Walt
    +1
    I agree. I've made suggestions about that on SH Groupies, but it was not taken seriously.
  • MarinerFH 2011/02/17 02:00:10
  • Walt MarinerFH 2011/02/17 02:05:43
    Walt
    +1
    That's one of the best things they could do.
  • ♥ Emily the "Cutie Banana P... 2011/02/16 23:31:24
    What I would like to see...
    ♥ Emily the "Cutie Banana Pie" ♥
    +1
    To fix that typo I pointed out. xD
  • pen pal 2011/02/16 18:29:46
    What I would like to see...
    pen pal
    +2
    An UNDO button that would let a stray click be corrected. Put a timer on it - 5 minutes and it's forever.
    undo button stray click corrected timer 5 minutes undo button
  • Wolfman 2011/02/16 07:40:05
    What I would like to see...
    Wolfman
    +3
    CHANGE IT BACK
  • La 2011/02/16 07:35:34
    La
    +2
    Whatever they want to do is fine. I'll keep using the site when I feel like it.
  • Kurbdog 2011/02/16 06:06:09
    I don't have any suggestions to make.
    Kurbdog
    +2
    If you have been here as long as i have ,you would know that what will happen,will happen,i have lost most of my old friends(transamtam,oingoboing... and it PISSES ME OFF,but what can i do about it,...........nothing but stay and make NEW friends, or leave. happenwill happeni lost friendstransamtamoingoboing pisses offbut stay friends leave i has a sad
  • Kurbdog Kurbdog 2011/02/16 06:08:41
    Kurbdog
    +1
    And why do some of my words get edited out!! i put deathblooms in there too! and it took the o off of oingoboingo!! @#*%@#
  • La Kurbdog 2011/02/16 07:38:49 (edited)
    La
    +2
    you wrote friends(transamtam,oingoboing...

See how those are all consecutive characters? SH only lets you do so many consecutive characters before it edits the end off and puts an ellipsis. If you'd had spaces in there, they wouldn't have edited it.
  • Kurbdog La 2011/02/16 17:13:27
    Kurbdog
    +2
    Thank you!!
  • La Kurbdog 2011/02/16 07:36:47
    La
    +2
    Heh you've been here about a week longer than me :)
  • fairiefang -annoying fashio... 2011/02/16 05:48:28
    What I would like to see...
    fairiefang -annoying fashion snobs everywhere-
    +1
    Get rid of the points and levels, and bring back blogs!

Oh, and the search box sucks. I can type in the exact words to an old question and select that I want "relevance" and it still gives me the most recent questions with one or 2 words that match.

And make SH staff actually care about the opions of their users!

One other thing....a spam catcher...no more Beiber, Twilight, Am I hot, and other annoying tween spam.
  • La fairief... 2011/02/16 07:41:13
    La
    +1
    Freedom of speech, isn't it? Those people don't consider their questions to be spam. Can't block content just because it's bad quality...although I wish we could.
  • fairief... La 2011/02/17 00:59:06
    +2
    It's not about bad quality, it's the quantity. The same questions being asked over and over again is annoying and pointless.
    They should just find the question where it was already asked (this is where a search box that works better would come in handy) and answer them, instead of making that same question on their own.
  • Lynn 2011/02/16 03:22:29
    What I would like to see...
    Lynn
    +5
    A "down rave" button. Not just a "flag for abuse" button. It would be nice to simply express a general disaproval of some comments without necessarily engaging the poster in debate.
  • Yars th... Lynn 2012/07/16 20:33:49
    Yars the Great
    +2
    this would be good for "rave wh**es" since they post a million impersonal questions a day just to get raved to the top.
  • Walt Yars th... 2012/07/16 21:48:53
    Walt
    That's probably my biggest gripe with the way SH operates. Wading through a flood of stupid questions to dig out one or two that are relevant winds up causing me to do a "clear all" on all of them after an hour or so.
  • Phyl *In God i Trust* 2011/02/16 01:12:14
    What I would like to see...
    Phyl *In God i Trust*
    +2
    change sodahead back they why it was.
  • La Phyl *I... 2011/02/16 07:41:38
    La
    they why it was?
  • Char. Limit 2011/02/16 00:31:26
    What I would like to see...
    Char. Limit
    +2
    is for them to step backwards about a year.
  • fairief... Char. L... 2011/02/16 05:48:53
    Agreed!
  • Little Angel 2011/02/16 00:08:53
    What I would like to see...
    Little Angel
    +4
    I would like to see them stop making changes!
    To put the profiles back to the way they were
    and spend their time fixing all the real problems!
  • Fearless Valor 2011/02/15 21:47:24
  • BUCKY-- SKYNYRD 2011/02/15 21:00:53
    What I would like to see...
    BUCKY-- SKYNYRD
    +2
    fix the dam rave bar so you aren't sent to your profile page every time, and you are able to see which ones are new.
  • Walt BUCKY--... 2011/02/15 21:20:29
    Walt
    +2
    Every time you click the rave button, you get sent to a profile page?

Bucky, you should consider reporting this to SH staff. Use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page and select the appropriate menu path from the pulldown.
  • BUCKY--... Walt 2011/02/15 21:33:24
    BUCKY-- SKYNYRD
    +1
    sorry if i wasn't clear. when i click my happenings to find my raves it takes me to my profile page, and i can't tell which ones are new?

2014/10/23 04:41:28