What are your thoughts on Homosexuality, and Christianity?

Keanu 2012/08/06 14:37:05
You may feel free to use any reference or context of any sort to back your answer if you choose to do so.

• Bingo's Faddah 2012/08/06 15:02:46
    It doesn't bother me (to each his own)
    Bingo's Faddah
    +4
    Homosexuality: I don't care what anyone does in the bedroom or with whom as long as no harm is done.

Christianity: I don't care what religious club anyone belongs to as long as no harm is done.

Reference material: Common sense.

harm christianity care religious club belongs harm reference material common

• georgia.likes.fireworks 2012/09/23 22:34:24
    It doesn't bother me (to each his own)
    georgia.likes.fireworks
    It's only wrong when people start using their beliefs to justify discrimination :) And that goes for anything...
  • Splashstorm 2012/09/16 02:23:12
    Homosexuality is wrong.
    Splashstorm
    forever.
  • RawRsaurus 2012/08/08 14:08:25
    It doesn't bother me (to each his own)
    RawRsaurus
    +2
    Being religious isn't wrong. Being homosexual isn't wrong. What IS wrong is using your beliefs as an excuse to treat people like they're less than human. Don't agree with the lifestyle? Don't get involved in a homosexual relationship....

Let me put it another way: say you don't like watching Dr. Who on Sundays. That doesn't mean you outlaw Dr. Who. It just means YOU can't watch Dr. Who. I can do whatever the hell I want.
  • Keanu RawRsaurus 2012/08/08 18:35:11
    Keanu
    +1
    You have put the biggest smile on my face. That's how I've felt since...for a while honestly.
  • Keanu 2012/08/07 04:06:15
    I'm not sure...
    Keanu
    To those of you who answered I am grateful for your honest opinions. And to UglyTaco and rightside...i'd have to say you two were definitely the best read I've had to this question. Both very passionate about the subject and differing views...hard to explain how interested I am in talking with you both in some sort of conference. I love SH because I get to know you all. This is beautiful. I'm not mocking anyone I promise, I genuinely am just...blown away (in a good way) =)
  • Keanu Keanu 2012/08/07 04:07:57
    Keanu
    Seriously I love every single one of you!!! God, I love SH!!!
  • ♫♪‼Chloey Arddun‼♫♪ 2012/08/07 03:48:38
    It doesn't bother me (to each his own)
    ♫♪‼Chloey Arddun‼♫♪
    +2
    Well I can't say the same for some others...But I went to church regularly until I was 13, and at the one I went to we were told to Love thy neighbor, no matter how different from you they may be. All members were treated as equals, including the organ player, who just so happened to be gay.
    Unfortunately it's true that Some Christians and whole churches even, cherry pick the rules they like and tailor the religion to their wants. so In some cases I am very much against it. But overall I am fine with both Christianity and homosexuality.
  • Elephant Lord 2012/08/06 23:21:25
    It doesn't bother me (to each his own)
    Elephant Lord
    +2
    I know many Christians who support gay marriage. Just because you're one doesn't mean you can't be the other. After all, Jesus preached about tolerance and love. There's no asterisk mark on the part about Jesus loving everyone.
  • 3052457 2012/08/06 19:15:49
  • Metaldane 2012/08/06 16:30:25 (edited)
    It doesn't bother me (to each his own)
    Metaldane
    +2
    In my opinion over the years homosexuals have been much nicer to christians then christians have been to them and I've yet to meet one gay person who decided to hate me because of my beliefs, race, or culture in fact they've helped me and my friends out when others have so I find it much easier to accept homosexuals then christians because they've done less to offend me.
  • RawRsaurus Metaldane 2012/08/08 14:12:38
    RawRsaurus
    +1
    I don't hate Christians in the least. I hate those who use their religion as an excuse to be hateful and derogatory of other human beings. That is unacceptable.

On the reverse side, there are homosexuals who hate Christians because of a few rotten apples. A few rotten apples spoil the bunch, eh? I also think this is wrong.

My parents are Christian and very open-minded. I respect their beliefs, don't agree with them, but respect them.
  • Metaldane RawRsaurus 2012/08/08 14:22:47
    Metaldane
    +1
    Well I can understand why some homosexuals hate some Christians, as some Christians attack them and many are prejudiced against them. I however can't understand why Christians hate homosexuals as they've done nothing to them in the first place. All I know is as a pagan I'll definitely side with homosexuals before I do Christians on the gay rights issue.
  • RawRsaurus Metaldane 2012/08/08 14:32:34
    RawRsaurus
    +1
    I understand why there is hatred for Christians. I also hate quite a few Christians. The thing is, there are Christians out there who put love before hate. Those are the people who deserve respect.

I won't ever generalize and say all Christians are evil because of those who are intolerant and hateful. I can see why some homosexuals generalize about Christians, but I still don't think it's right. This is coming from someone in the LGBT community.
  • Metaldane RawRsaurus 2012/08/08 14:43:02
    Metaldane
    I know what ya meant and can agree mostly I just feel it's safer to assume they may be intolerant until you get to know them.
  • Keanu RawRsaurus 2012/08/16 03:34:08
    Keanu
    Can I just say that I love you? I'm...Christian with some other ideals thrown together with it. I don't like the intolerance on either end. In a sense I'm a hippie and would rather everyone be happy, loving and loved. I don't like that there are people out there calling themselves Christians and judging harshly. They were the reason I became Agnostic for 3 years...but there's a reason I live by the Christian faith. Unconditional love toward one another of every race, creed, religion and sexual orientation. I'm learning to forgive and it's a loooooooong process...but the bottom line is I still gotta love 'em. That's all I know how to do. Just hurts that things are as they are.
  • RawRsaurus Keanu 2012/08/16 11:39:01
    RawRsaurus
    My parents are Christian, and I just recently told them about being transgender. They were very supportive and even encouraged me to do whatever makes me happy. I'm very lucky in that regard.

I know some parents would rather abandon their child than deal with the fact the child would rather live an alternative lifestyle. I'd go so far as to say that particular mom or dad would fail as a parent because, as they say, love between parent and child is unconditional.
  • Keanu RawRsaurus 2012/08/16 12:37:06
    Keanu
    I agree. And I have more than my fair share of homsexual and lesbian friends that my mom has claimed as her own. They call her mom. To be honest, in college I went through a phase and my parents just said be careful, don't get hurt, it isn't just guys passing diseases so stay protected no matter the partner.
  • Daniel O'Hern 2012/08/06 16:17:15
    It doesn't bother me (to each his own)
    Daniel O'Hern
    +2
    Completely compatible both involve loving one another. Don't heterosexuals practice anal intercourse it's all over the web. It's just skin against skin during a love act and no baby has to be aborted or mistreated or neglected
  • 666_Maggots 2012/08/06 15:36:33
    It doesn't bother me (to each his own)
    666_Maggots
    +1
    I don't care if someones homosexual. And I'm fine with Christians as long as they don't bother me.
  • Radical Ed 2012/08/06 15:11:09
    Christianity is wrong.
    Radical Ed
    +2
    if Christians act on their beliefs then it can be problematic. people have a right to believe what they want but in doing so should not infringe upon the rights of others.
  • rightside 2012/08/06 15:07:10
    Homosexuality is wrong.
    rightside
    +3
    Homosexuality is a sin. Sin is something that separates us from God. Jesus came that thru Him, we might confess all our sins and be forgiven.
    For all have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God. Jesus is the only answer is any sin.
  • Smokey rightside 2012/08/06 15:14:21
    Smokey
    +5
    And so is lying, cheating, lusting, cursing, gossiping, stealing, ect. ect. We all sin.
  • rightside Smokey 2012/08/06 15:24:45
    rightside
    +4
    The part we need to get is what Jesus said to the prostitute. "Go and sin no more".
    To choose to not intentionally sin. To choose God over sin.
  • MandaLynne rightside 2012/08/06 16:16:02
  • MandaLynne Smokey 2012/08/06 16:17:39
    MandaLynne
    +3
    Yes, they are all sins and in the eyes of God, none of them are worse than another. Homosexuality falls under fornication. All sin takes us away from God. Jesus gives us back the grace from God, regardless of the sin.
  • Bingo's Faddah 2012/08/06 15:02:46
    It doesn't bother me (to each his own)
    Bingo's Faddah
    +4

Reference material: Common sense.

• neetsie2000 2012/08/06 14:59:20
    It doesn't bother me (to each his own)
    neetsie2000
    +2
    I'm not gay but I have a lot of friends who are gay and are the best people I know.
  • Smokey neetsie... 2012/08/06 15:16:10
    Smokey
    +2
    I'm not gay and I don't roll in those circle of people who are gay. I first got a chuckle out of your response, because as a Black guy, I would often hear that most dreaded prhase... "I'm not prejudice... most (a lot) of my friends are Black. :) lol

Take care,

Smokey
  • neetsie... Smokey 2012/08/09 15:08:32
    neetsie2000
    +1
    Well I was brought up to judge people by their character, not what package they happen to come in. I'm black have a lot of white friends, Hispanic friends, gay friends, black friends, etc. A visiting aunt said my house looked like the United Nations when we had a Fourth of July party this summer. So when I said that my gay friends are the best people I know, I meant it. There was no prejudice behind it.

Have a good day.
  • Smokey neetsie... 2012/08/09 16:02:57
    Smokey
    You sound like a very nice person to be around! Nice to have friends!

Have fun!

Smokey
  • Kyra 2012/08/06 14:55:12
    It doesn't bother me (to each his own)
    Kyra
    +3
    I wish gay people would start admitting they were born that way.... God does not mess up.
  • rightside Kyra 2012/08/06 15:04:49
    rightside
    +2
    So, we are born with our sin and its all God's fault?
  • Kyra rightside 2012/08/06 15:07:33
    Kyra
    +2
    No, they were made by God.... just as they are.
  • rightside Kyra 2012/08/06 15:27:39
    rightside
    +1
    Why would God intentionally make someone that does something that He calls an abomination?
    You don't make any sense.
  • Kyra rightside 2012/08/06 15:29:05
    Kyra
    +2
    Man called it an abomination.

Hey, do you know why Jesus came??
  • rightside Kyra 2012/08/06 15:48:38
    rightside
    Yeah, but apparently you are confused about it.
  • Kyra rightside 2012/08/06 15:56:59
    Kyra
    +3
    He replied, “Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written:

“‘These people honor me with their lips,
    but their hearts are far from me.
    They worship me in vain;
    their teachings are merely human rules.’"

.... Again Jesus called the crowd to him and said, “Listen to me, everyone, and understand this. Nothing outside a person can defile them by going into them. Rather, it is what comes out of a person that defiles them. Mark 7:6
  • rightside Kyra 2012/08/06 16:18:21
    rightside
    So, did Jesus mean that you could sin all you want?
  • Kyra rightside 2012/08/06 16:19:16
    Kyra
    Are you a sinner?
  • rightside Kyra 2012/08/06 16:22:33
    rightside
    There are two different types of sinners. Those that choose sin over God and thus choose their fate. The other sinner recognizes their filth and falls at the feet of Jesus and asks forgiveness and chooses God over any sin.
    There are two different types of alcoholics. One that chooses alcohol over recovery and the other alcoholic chooses to not drink anymore.
    Which one are you?
    I have fallen at the feet of Jesus and asked forgiveness and follow His teachings with the help of the Holy Spirit.

2014/07/30 11:11:16