Were you hpaked as a chid and if so, with what obect?

Assassin Felinious 2007/11/07 22:46:40
No, I have never been spanked a day in my life.
I was spanked occasionally to rarely and only with hand to bottom.
I was spanked with a paddle.
Other

• TxTeamster 2007/11/08 13:59:27
    Other
    TxTeamster
    +71
    Here we go. I got my ass beat with everything my Mom could swing. Belts, coathangars, EXTENSION CORDS!! I know I was the only kid ever to throw away my own HotWheels set because I kept getting beat with the tracks. I'm talking brutal beatings - not just one swat. Beatings that would send a parent to prison for double digits. I'm in my 40s and have a 9yo and a 2yo and they're disciplined by my wife, occasionally I have to be the bad guy and yell for a minute and threaten to throw away the playstation. My mom once commented on how I was being 'a little rough" and I suggested I beat them like she beat me. She said I deserved it. I said "Bye now. Have a nice day". At age 13 I violated the terms of my 'restriction' and was found playing basketball at the school one day when mom came home early. She had a broomstick and kept snarling for me to get inside the house through clenched teeth. Said she was going to count to 3. I said count to ten - I dont care, you aint beating me no more. She told me to pack my shit. I did and couch surfed for 6 months with friends and family. I WAS 13!!! I've had issues with my violent Mom and my alcoholic Dad all my life. Drugs, prison, unemployment - whatever bad shit life could throw my way I just figured it was my fate for being born into the family...
    Here we go. I got my ass beat with everything my Mom could swing. Belts, coathangars, EXTENSION CORDS!! I know I was the only kid ever to throw away my own HotWheels set because I kept getting beat with the tracks. I'm talking brutal beatings - not just one swat. Beatings that would send a parent to prison for double digits. I'm in my 40s and have a 9yo and a 2yo and they're disciplined by my wife, occasionally I have to be the bad guy and yell for a minute and threaten to throw away the playstation. My mom once commented on how I was being 'a little rough" and I suggested I beat them like she beat me. She said I deserved it. I said "Bye now. Have a nice day". At age 13 I violated the terms of my 'restriction' and was found playing basketball at the school one day when mom came home early. She had a broomstick and kept snarling for me to get inside the house through clenched teeth. Said she was going to count to 3. I said count to ten - I dont care, you aint beating me no more. She told me to pack my shit. I did and couch surfed for 6 months with friends and family. I WAS 13!!! I've had issues with my violent Mom and my alcoholic Dad all my life. Drugs, prison, unemployment - whatever bad shit life could throw my way I just figured it was my fate for being born into the family I was born into. The lady I married never ever got a spanking in her whole life and I was shocked to find out some people actually grew up like that. My kids are well behaved - very bright and intelligent kids who will never know the pain I knew and I'm very thankful for that. But one of these days that playstation is going in the trash!

• flowmistressjen 2007/12/12 20:35:04
    Other
    flowmistressjen
    +1
    yep. let's try, belts, extension cords (wire wrapped in plastic...ouch), hands, a hot wheel track (my grandmother's attempt to discipline me....).
    Not often though. I usually got nailed for something one of my brothers did but didn't stand up to, and when I protested, I got the wrath.
    I know that my mom was ill and it was the best she could do to cope with my two knucklehead brothers who were typical boys.
    It was something I had to learn not to pass on.

peace.
  • tiffmarie94 2007/12/11 01:37:11
    Other
    tiffmarie94
    +1
    yeah, with a spoon, hand, or anything my parents could get their hand on.
  • katy 2007/12/10 20:21:55
    Other
    katy
    +1
    i was spanked as a child with basically whatever was on hand. i turned out okay.
  • Amytrose 2007/12/10 15:01:07
    Other
    Amytrose
    +1
    I wish I was just spanked..that would have been a blessing!!
  • Malla 2007/12/10 13:02:11 (edited)
    Malla
    +1
    I was smacked but rather than trying to hurt me, my mum did it to shock me out of a tantrum. She did it when I was doing something dangerous, too, but she never left a mark. It definitely didn't do me any harm, I reckon I will end up doing the same with my own kids. although I would prefer not to if it could be helped!
  • The Reeses Cup 2007/12/07 21:43:20
    Other
    The Reeses Cup
    +2
    I was frequently spanked and it hurt so much that I would hide. I think it was more out of frustration than discipline though.
  • Angelbaby666 2007/12/02 03:47:35
    Other
    Angelbaby666
    +2
    I got Belts and Brooms and anything around.
  • lesserm... Angelba... 2013/01/12 00:00:47
    lessermortals
    belts and brooms.....snap...and a wooden flip flop lol
  • Misery 2007/11/30 22:07:03
    Other
    Misery
    +1
    anything & everything in her site... paddles, shoes, glass, metal hangers, fists, ANYTHING
  • Assassi... Misery 2007/11/30 22:25:22
    Assassin Felinious
    glass? woh.. that's the first comment with glass mentioned... that sounds awful
  • SHELL 2007/11/30 16:52:25
    Other
    SHELL
    +1
    WITH WHAT EVER THEY HAD IN HAND OR WHAT WAS IN ARMS REACH...LOL
  • Jay 2007/11/21 13:23:43
    Other
    Jay
    +1
    I got spankings on the regular (switch/belt) but I must say that I did bad things on the regular also. I believe that discipline should be given depending upon the child. You can just talk to some kids and get through to them but, I needed a good butt-whipping.Besides that, parents ALWAYS explained beforehand why I was getting that particular punishment. Also I'm glad I was spanked in my earlier years to correct what I was doing wrong because now as an adult I don't have to worry about the law getting in my behind.
  • Assassi... Jay 2007/11/21 18:59:52
    Assassin Felinious
    A good point. Do you think you got the belt or switch more often?
  • Jay Assassi... 2007/11/26 00:41:58
    Jay
    +1
    The belt!
  • ! 2007/11/20 01:19:09
    Other
    !
    +1
    what ever she could get her hands on!

RWD
  • Terry ~Conservitive Warrior~ 2007/11/19 06:20:48
    Terry ~Conservitive Warrior~
    +1
    Yes, I believe spanking as punishment is the best way to discipline a child. Me and my brothers got spanked when we where kids as punishment. After we got in trouble we never did that thing again, but we still got into other trouble, but nothing really bad that put us in jail or anything. We learned our lesson the first time. The spanking stopped when we became teenager, because we,ve learned when we were kids.
  • I was spanked occasionally to rarely and only with hand to bottom.
    Jerry (Iron Priest)☮ R ☮ P ☮ 201
    +1
    I guess my parent's realised that I didn't need an ass whippin to get me to behave. I can only remember twice. I turned out ok. I think the#1 thing I cared about as a child was making my parents proud of me and they knew it.
  • Suki 2007/11/17 12:39:06
    Other
    Suki
    +1
    We got our hair pulled, slapped across the face, whipped with a belt, and once when my older sister took my younger sister off the coffee table, and my little sister threw a tantrum, my mother came into the room and my little sister lied and said our older sister punched her in the stomach. My mom sucker punched my older sister in the stomach very hard. I followed our mom back to the kitchen and told her that Jan had not punched Lorrie in the stomach. My mother replied that she knew it, but she punched Jan to teach Lorrie a lesson. I never quite got that one. We also met a woman who would tell her kids to go in the street and then pulled them out and gave them a beating when they obeyed her order. People are crazy!!!!!
  • steph 2007/11/17 03:02:30
    Other
    steph
    +1
    my brother and i were generally spanked with a wooden spoon, sometimes we got the hand. mom did 99% of the spanking. she was a stay at home mom who laid the the rules at our house. dad was an airline pilot, so when he was home my brother and i generally behaved. but we seemed to always attempt to beat the crap out of each other when it was just mom at home, which is why she would intervene with the wooden spoon. i cannot believe that parents these days (i'm 36 myself but with no kids) think that a time out actually works. smack them folks! it worked for me!
  • annarue 2007/11/16 19:46:17
    annarue
    +1
    I was spanked and I didn't turn out to be a murder or anything bad. I think spanking in some cases is good. Maybe we need that back in schools!!
  • KYBluesky 2007/11/16 01:18:49
    Other
    KYBluesky
    +1
    Hand, paddle, belt. Many times. I had my mouth washed out with soap quite a few times as well. And my Mom hit me over the head with a wooden ladle once (it broke). Ah, good times.
  • Assassi... KYBluesky 2007/11/17 05:44:22
    Assassin Felinious
    ouch... on the head??
  • JayAre 2007/11/16 00:37:54
    Other
    JayAre
    +1
    Ohh yeah! I was spanked with a pretty full gamut of the usual suspect-tools: paddles, belts, switches(the worst), open palm, etc... at home from just about any adult in the family. School was worse but that's another story. Always the classic ass whipping, never to any other body areas except for a couple of slap in the face incidents (very few). I trespassed the rules enough that my dad actually created a list of standard infractions with commensurate number of swats of the belt. Range was 3 to 10. I was terrified of the belt encounters but accepted them as punishment due and never resented my parents for enforcing the rules. But, scarey as it was, I still managed to screw something up about every day! In retrospect I now realize those "whippings" were carefully administered and not physically abusive. That helped teach me respect for legitimate authority figures but it is also clear that it did very little to keep me from going astray about any time friends and I found an opportunity to have a little extra fun. It was fortunate that we were not "criminally" inclined ! That had to be a function of parental guidance and family influence because that ever present threat of ass whipping never kept me straight, nor any of my buddies that I recall.
  • bassman1 2007/11/15 15:40:17
    Other
    bassman1
    +1
    My Mom hurt her hand on my butt, and this was in the days when Mom's stayed at home and invested their life into their children and made bread at home and taught them mores, folkways, family history ,colors, how to print reading etc. all before kindergarten. She used her wooden mixing spoon, and I did't die from it. in fact I believe I was a better person for it. She also injected a lot of love and support . She died 16 years ago and I still miss her. I'm a greatgrandpa now and try to invest as much as I can in my grandkids as I did with my children, and they never spent a day in jail, they respect God, and are a credit to themselves and the human race community at large. Pacem.
  • Assassi... bassman1 2007/11/15 17:36:53
    Assassin Felinious
    Thank you for sharing such a personal story around the holidays. Any Thanksgiving plans with all those grandchildren and great grandkids?
  • bassman1 Assassi... 2007/11/15 22:36:28
    bassman1
    +1
    We will spend abt. 1 week togeather as we live in a different state, but talk on the phone at least 2x a week. Not as good as we would like, but better than it could be.
  • Assassi... bassman1 2007/11/15 22:49:30
    Assassin Felinious
    I understand - my foster mommy (i'm a cat) is far from her mommy.
  • Infamous Rickola 2007/11/15 08:16:48
    Other
    Infamous Rickola
  • Honolulu Howie 2007/11/15 07:52:51
    Honolulu Howie
    +1
    Hell yes I was spanked, and so were my siblings, cousins and all my friends. It clearly taught me right from wrong--the first time around, no repeats, and it didn't scar me for life, either. I think that the lack of punishment on our nations youth has led to so many problems in society. Children today have spun way out of control, and they have their parents by the balls because they know they can report their parents for any attempted disciplinary actions! Howie in Honolulu
  • Dezz 2007/11/15 04:14:05
    Dezz
    +2
    Being spanked sucked! haha i only remember 3 times. When i was spanked i deserved it though, it was always by hand.
  • Vyksin 2007/11/15 03:28:52
    Other
    Vyksin
    +1
    Anything my crazy mother could get her hands on.
  • Juline 2007/11/14 23:02:17
    Other
    Juline
    +1
    I was spanked with a wooden spoon or my dads belt(once), after that if I did anything wrong I had my mouth washed out with soap. Can you say I was a handful? lol!
  • Kelly 2007/11/14 22:37:11
    Other
    Kelly
    +1
    paddle, spatula, wooden spoon, anything she could get her hands on
  • MOO. 2007/11/14 21:32:50
    Other
    MOO.
    +1
    i was flicked. =[ hurt like hell too.
  • HollyAnna 2007/11/14 19:58:05
    Other
    HollyAnna
    +1
    There was only once and I wasn't spanked, I was smacked on the hand. I was about 7 maybe? I can't remember what I did but it wasn't that hard of a smack and they didn't do it again.
  • Stephanie 2007/11/14 19:54:35
    Other
    Stephanie
    +1
    Although i was only spanked when there was good reason, the severity of the spanking depended on the severity of the wrong.
  • Demon 2007/11/14 19:46:19
    Other
    Demon
    +1
    Hand, Belt, paddle, switch, fly swatter, shoe.....But I know (I deserved the punishment because of my actions. I have no ill will towards my parents. They just wanted to show me I was wrong.
  • Dog lover 2007/11/14 17:08:57
  • Dennis 2007/11/14 13:37:48
    Other
    Dennis
    +1
    Seeing how uncouth and disorderly our society has become. I think thy should bring back corporal punishment at home, in school, and perhaps even have it as an option for the courts.
  • Assassi... Dennis 2007/11/14 18:26:49
    Assassin Felinious
    Do you think it works? Or do you think that kids get zero discipline now so they are unruly?

2014/11/27 13:27:55