Were you hpaked as a chid and if so, with what obect?

Assassin Felinious 2007/11/07 22:46:40
No, I have never been spanked a day in my life.
I was spanked occasionally to rarely and only with hand to bottom.
I was spanked with a paddle.
Other

• TxTeamster 2007/11/08 13:59:27
    Other
    TxTeamster
    +71
    Here we go. I got my ass beat with everything my Mom could swing. Belts, coathangars, EXTENSION CORDS!! I know I was the only kid ever to throw away my own HotWheels set because I kept getting beat with the tracks. I'm talking brutal beatings - not just one swat. Beatings that would send a parent to prison for double digits. I'm in my 40s and have a 9yo and a 2yo and they're disciplined by my wife, occasionally I have to be the bad guy and yell for a minute and threaten to throw away the playstation. My mom once commented on how I was being 'a little rough" and I suggested I beat them like she beat me. She said I deserved it. I said "Bye now. Have a nice day". At age 13 I violated the terms of my 'restriction' and was found playing basketball at the school one day when mom came home early. She had a broomstick and kept snarling for me to get inside the house through clenched teeth. Said she was going to count to 3. I said count to ten - I dont care, you aint beating me no more. She told me to pack my shit. I did and couch surfed for 6 months with friends and family. I WAS 13!!! I've had issues with my violent Mom and my alcoholic Dad all my life. Drugs, prison, unemployment - whatever bad shit life could throw my way I just figured it was my fate for being born into the family...
    Here we go. I got my ass beat with everything my Mom could swing. Belts, coathangars, EXTENSION CORDS!! I know I was the only kid ever to throw away my own HotWheels set because I kept getting beat with the tracks. I'm talking brutal beatings - not just one swat. Beatings that would send a parent to prison for double digits. I'm in my 40s and have a 9yo and a 2yo and they're disciplined by my wife, occasionally I have to be the bad guy and yell for a minute and threaten to throw away the playstation. My mom once commented on how I was being 'a little rough" and I suggested I beat them like she beat me. She said I deserved it. I said "Bye now. Have a nice day". At age 13 I violated the terms of my 'restriction' and was found playing basketball at the school one day when mom came home early. She had a broomstick and kept snarling for me to get inside the house through clenched teeth. Said she was going to count to 3. I said count to ten - I dont care, you aint beating me no more. She told me to pack my shit. I did and couch surfed for 6 months with friends and family. I WAS 13!!! I've had issues with my violent Mom and my alcoholic Dad all my life. Drugs, prison, unemployment - whatever bad shit life could throw my way I just figured it was my fate for being born into the family I was born into. The lady I married never ever got a spanking in her whole life and I was shocked to find out some people actually grew up like that. My kids are well behaved - very bright and intelligent kids who will never know the pain I knew and I'm very thankful for that. But one of these days that playstation is going in the trash!

• kimmy:) 2012/08/24 20:42:55
    kimmy:)
    +3
    I was spanked occassionaly to rarely.Only on one occasion was I spanked on my bare bottom with the belt
  • pdarkow 2012/05/20 08:36:01
    Other
    pdarkow
    I was spanked with a paddle at school but when I was spanked at home it was usually done with a belt. When I was real little I was spanked with a hand at home. When the hand wasn't sufficient then it went to the belt.
  • Jeff 2012/05/06 08:17:24
    Other
    Jeff
    wooden spoon
  • stephenie 2012/02/17 23:11:05
    I was spanked with a paddle.
    stephenie
    +1
    I was mostly spanked by my father. Spankings usually occured before supper (about the time Dad would be home from work) and my mother would tell him of whatever crime me or my brother commited. My father would then take the paddle or cut a switch, sometimes the belt (depends on severity of crime) and take us by the ear out onto the porch. It didn't matter what neighbors were outside. My father would scold us, then pull our jeans down and scold us some more, then he would finally tell you that you earned a whupping and he was going to make sure we got it. He would then proceed to bending us over his knee and pulling our underwear down around our ankles so that it was our bare bottom on display. My father felt that sharing our bare bottom for whoever was outside was effective to our punishment. He would pin our wrist to our back and we knew better to kick and squall around. He would deliver about 30 licks for the average crime. We would bawl like babies begging him to stop after the third one-which only urged him to continue even harder. Then, while supper was being served, you were to stand in the corner bare-butt with your bottom on display. Only after everyone ate or Dad said so, you would be able to pull your pants up and eat. The worst spanking I ever got in was for calling...
    I was mostly spanked by my father. Spankings usually occured before supper (about the time Dad would be home from work) and my mother would tell him of whatever crime me or my brother commited. My father would then take the paddle or cut a switch, sometimes the belt (depends on severity of crime) and take us by the ear out onto the porch. It didn't matter what neighbors were outside. My father would scold us, then pull our jeans down and scold us some more, then he would finally tell you that you earned a whupping and he was going to make sure we got it. He would then proceed to bending us over his knee and pulling our underwear down around our ankles so that it was our bare bottom on display. My father felt that sharing our bare bottom for whoever was outside was effective to our punishment. He would pin our wrist to our back and we knew better to kick and squall around. He would deliver about 30 licks for the average crime. We would bawl like babies begging him to stop after the third one-which only urged him to continue even harder. Then, while supper was being served, you were to stand in the corner bare-butt with your bottom on display. Only after everyone ate or Dad said so, you would be able to pull your pants up and eat. The worst spanking I ever got in was for calling my teacher a bad name. She called my father and not my mother. My father came to the school. He pulled me out of class and out in the hallway (students were peeking out the door window) sat on the bench outside of class, pulled down my pants and underwear and spanked me with his hand and then his belt until I couldn't speak coherently. He made me apologize to the teacher and made me stand in corner in class with my bare bottom :( I protested alot and kept trying to cover it, which was a bad idea, because my father took me over his knee in the classroom and spanked me again in front of everyone. Later that night I got another one when I got home. :(
  • raygirl36 2012/01/18 04:56:00
    Other
    raygirl36
    my dad spanks my bare butt. usually in front of who ever is in the living room he tells me to go get the flyswatter and a spatula then he pulls me by the hair into the middle of the room and strips me from the waist down then he makes me lay on my back on the ground and someone holds my legs up and he spanks me with the flyswatter about 20 swats then he pulls me up and makes me bend over the arm of the couch and spanks me with his hand and spatula alot he caresses my bare butt and its embarassing then i have to stand in the corner with my hands up and on the wall and i cant rub my bottom for 30 min.
  • bobby raygirl36 2012/02/08 03:59:57
    bobby
    +1
    1-no
    2-not spanked
    3-still not spanked
    4-don't remember
    5-kind of
    6-sometimes clothed and belt one time
    7-same
    8-same
    9-same
    10-hardly never
    How about we get off this topic!
    What If this emotionally gets to your child???
    What if it makes her cry her eyes out just from the thought of her dad hitting her after she was told not to hit anyone else.
    But it's for a punishment what if the poor kid gets mad and wants to "punish" her friend
    Just imagine this your sister is crying with a towel over her body and your dad is screaming get over here so I can spank you or I'll take you like you are
    That poor 12 year old girl
    She try's to live her life but parents are holding her back!!! So many things go through her mind like "what will my boyfriend think" and "why do my parents want to hit me"
    I know everyone knows it is what the bible says but it just makes me cry to hear stories about this and see it happen

I give up. Stop hurting your kids.
  • 2011/11/30 04:02:10
    Other
    My mom would always spank me. My dad had left us when i was very young leaving mom my older sis by 10 yrs and me. When I was bad I was told to go to my room then they both would come in. My sis would sit on my legs and mom would remove my shoes and socks. My ankles would be held and mom would grab her belt and she would spank me across the soles of my feet. This would be done hard and with many hits
  • victoria poulos 2011/11/19 13:35:51
    victoria poulos
    +1
    yes about 4 times a day first i would be sent to my room and stand in the corner. afer my dad would come in with a hair brush,and a wodden spoon. he would but me over his knee pull down y pants and spank me with his hand for about 15 minutes. then he would spank me with a brush harder for 45 minutes and then spank me withh the wooden spoon for 25 minutes harder then the hand and brush. afte when i was done y dad would pull me by my ear take me down stairs to the kitchen and put me in the corner until my unlce got home witch would be for like 3 hours or more and if i got out i would get spanked 150 times with a brush.when my unlce got home he would get a belt and a brush he then would take me to the basement ad spank my bare butt about 45 swas anfter he would lay me down on thecouch and spank me with the belt for land that would urt and he would sank me with it until he think i got inufe then iwould go back to the corner and if i got out i would get my moth washed out with soap and spanked with my unlces hand for 5 minutes and get another hour in the corner
  • Lexie victori... 2012/02/13 18:42:06
    Lexie
    Kent to comment not rave but isn't that like child abuse?
  • Amanda 2011/10/03 21:50:17
    I was spanked with a paddle.
    Amanda
    +1
    i was spanked from the ages 2-17. i went to a private school, i was a naughty girl and boy did my butt meet the paddle/belt ! i remember once i was suppose to be back from a date at 10;30 i got back at 1 am. as soon as i walked in my mom whipped my butt twice with the belt. then she said ''wait till your dad finds out'' which was scary back in the day! in the morning , i had to wake up at 6 am to recieve my spanking my dad was rough, he told me to go lay on my bed and remove my trousers. i got 10 lickings with panties on with the paddle and 15 with no panties with the belt...after that i came home on time everyday. kids need to be spanked more nowadays!
  • alphali... Amanda 2012/01/01 05:23:05
    alphalion99
    +1
    and boy?
  • bobby Amanda 2012/02/08 04:02:11
    bobby
    +1
    I think NOT
  • chrissie 2011/07/04 12:53:51
    chrissie
    yeah spanking was needed my mum spanked me over her knee pretty reg,fully clothed,from small child till think?11/12 yrs, some time i needed, did hurt, firmly, and she know it was 2 hurt!!! i now have 23wk old baby? i can spank not me!!!!
  • jimsnodgras 2011/04/27 03:03:49
    Other
    jimsnodgras
    I got spanked by both parents but my mom spanked the most. I got my last spanking from my mom when I was 12. At the time I thought I was too old for that. The worst spanking I ever got was when I was about 7 refused to clean my room. After asking me several times, mom finally took my pants and spanked me with the buckle side of the belt. I can't tell you how much that hurt. It just stung like mad. I still think the punishment was over-kill to this day. I don't plan to have kids, but if I did I might spank them only on rare occasions. I don't think I would spank as much as my parents did.
  • J Stone 2011/03/18 03:52:07
    Other
    J Stone
    +1
    i always got it from my dad. i got the matal spoon until i was 10, then the leather belt and even the matal belt buckle a few times. first time i got the belt was for hitting my mom and i didn't think it would be that bad damn!! i was in for a suprise, i had no idea what he could do with a folded belt, i figured it was a one time thing and it would never happen again. first time i got the buckle was for shoplifting, i got 10 licks and had some painfull welts and bruises that lasted for weeks. last time i got whooped was over a year ago, when i was 15.
  • ashley 2010/12/16 07:04:25
    Other
    ashley
    I grew up in avery stricked houshold my father was military and he belived spanking was the only acceptible punishment. I was spanked with everything Hand, Paddels of different sizes, belts, switches, straps, canes, whips you name it. \ The punishments were mostly severe and always naked and I was hit on the butt, back and thigs depending on what he used to spank me with and the positions varried. I was spanked untill I was 18. The worst thing about my dads spankings was that you couldn't cry or yel, and if you moved or tensed up you got 20 more licks added on at the end everytime you moved, Also after every swat you had to say thank you sir I derserve another. It was the worst especially being put over your dads knee at 18
  • vladmire 2010/11/02 12:15:00
    Other
    vladmire
    my dad did most of the spanking he always warned me first and spunk out of love not anger one time i ran out i front of a car when i was 7 and i almost got hit my dad spanked me with his belt left it black and blue but he did it in front of my sister
  • Jeff 2010/07/05 15:48:45
    I was spanked with a paddle.
    Jeff
    +1
    I had great parents who loved me heaps and I was generally a good kid. However when I was naughty (eg deliberately disobedient, lying etc) I was spanked hard.
    Usually my mom but sometimes my dad, after patently explaining the offence and why it deserved a spanking told me to take off my pants and undies and bend over their lap. Which I did - not wanting to earn a worse spanking. I would then get between 10 and 20 swats with the back of a wooden hair brush. It was always hard enough to leave me crying loudly.
    Afterwards mom would hug me and when I had finished crying she would talk to me gently, explain the spanking again, that she spanked me only because she loved me and needed to discipline me etc.

I have meet many people who have been abused by the way that their parents disciplined them (both by corporal punishment and by other means) and many kids who have been abused by their parents failure to discipline them. The worst case I know personally is a guy I met after he had completed his 17th rehab course to get off drugs. His mom never disciplined him at all. As a result he had almost no self discipline throughout his life.

I would say that both kinds of abuse result from a lack of love for you kids.

The important distinction is not between parents who spank and those who...

The important distinction is not between parents who spank and those who don't. The important distinction is between parents who love and care for their kids, teach them, discipline them, play with them, spend time with them - and those who don't.
  • Kor 2010/06/22 20:25:57
    Other
    Kor
    +1
    I was spanked with a paddle with holes over the knee.
    Also, I got spanked with a belt for stealing, not doing my chores, and being direspectful. They were all bare bottom.
  • TomTisdell 2010/06/07 10:19:29
    TomTisdell
    yes I was spanked on bare butt with belt paddle brush hand
  • spidergrl76 2010/04/13 18:36:53
    Other
    spidergrl76
    +3
    I was spanked quite a bit, and once I even had to go choose the belt i was gonna get spanked with. That was horrible. I made the mistake of thinking a little one would be less painful. IT WAS A LIE. Im 19 now, and in college...

And all I want to know is: does anyone else now who was only spanked occasionally(and when you know you did something wrong to deserve it) like getting spanked now? Like in bed?
  • jane 2010/04/07 18:55:26
    Other
    jane
    +3
    ined and the worst pat is i was going through puberty then i was ten.
  • J 2010/03/30 05:45:24
    Other
    J
    +3
    I have been spanked with my mother and father's hands from time to time. They spanked me with their hand on my bare butt. I have also been spanked with a wooden spoon on my bare butt! It always turned out red!!! OUCH.
  • vicky 2010/03/26 17:30:24
    Other
    vicky
    +2
    I grew up in the UK, but my mother was Canadian, It was the 1970s and she had a yardstick hanging in our kitchen, and boy did she use it on me. I got it until age 16, always on my bare behind. But i do know that she got it a lot worse than i did when she was growing up.You cant take people out of their own time.
  • bartt 2010/03/08 16:38:37
    I was spanked with a paddle.
    bartt
    +2
    yes I was spank bare assed with a several paddle intell the age of 18 by my father the paddle were always done bare assed. The size and weight and thickness of the padddle was for what u did. The thickest and heaviest one with a lot of hole in and tap around the end was for major offenses. The other two were for minor ones. I was all was given 25 to 100 swats. major the offense the more swats. The big paddle always made you scream and cry. It was always done bend over or lenting over some thing. thenwhat happened next was always corner time sitting on a hard small rough wooded bench for or stand nude in the corner. only me and my father mother died when young. I remember on day I was 18 years old it was a friday night I was niot to leave the house after 11pm that was curfew, daddy went to sleep and I left to meet some friends on mine, I used his car, with out permission, and got some money out of his wallet 50 bucks without permission. i got by around 4 am in the morning on saturday my father was up had come it in to check on me I was gone look out and saw the car was gone and then looked in his wallet. I came sneking in all the light off i thought on good made it wrong. My father was sitting in the living room on the couch. never said a word to me intell i was in my room get...
    yes I was spank bare assed with a several paddle intell the age of 18 by my father the paddle were always done bare assed. The size and weight and thickness of the padddle was for what u did. The thickest and heaviest one with a lot of hole in and tap around the end was for major offenses. The other two were for minor ones. I was all was given 25 to 100 swats. major the offense the more swats. The big paddle always made you scream and cry. It was always done bend over or lenting over some thing. thenwhat happened next was always corner time sitting on a hard small rough wooded bench for or stand nude in the corner. only me and my father mother died when young. I remember on day I was 18 years old it was a friday night I was niot to leave the house after 11pm that was curfew, daddy went to sleep and I left to meet some friends on mine, I used his car, with out permission, and got some money out of his wallet 50 bucks without permission. i got by around 4 am in the morning on saturday my father was up had come it in to check on me I was gone look out and saw the car was gone and then looked in his wallet. I came sneking in all the light off i thought on good made it wrong. My father was sitting in the living room on the couch. never said a word to me intell i was in my room getting ready for bed the here entered and said I was on the couch and saw u. U are in trouble with in the morning. Around about 11 or so when got back form the store to getready for the saturday friend party at the house he came and woke me up and told it was time. told to go the the closet next to the bathroom and retrieve the the big paddle and bring to to him. I did what i did not know was that dad put a note on the front door telling male friends of his and theirs son to come on in.so when returned told to remove my loung pants. Nude then told i was getting 100 licks 25 for leaving after curfew, 25 for using the car with out permission, and 50 for stealing money out of his wallet. bending over hands on knees licks start scream and cring. the party guest started to arrive I know entering the house the hear it all. after it was over my father told me to put the paddle away, so I did like I was so when want to the closet did not know all the party guest in the house had to go past the living room to the closet, felt bad, tears running cring one hand rubbing and still had corner time to come. The corner was right next to the bathrroom so evertime one on the guest left the living room they saw me standing their bare assed with red and purple and blue ass.
  • 1822151 2010/02/24 00:49:59
  • Laura 2010/02/15 17:38:24
    I was spanked with a paddle.
    Laura
    +4
    I was spanked from ages 13-17 on the bare bottom with a "fanny paddle" my parents bought at a gift shop as well as with their hands. When I was really in big trouble, I got the strap. I was spanked over their knees with hands and paddle and lying on my bed with the strap. Since I was an extremely stubborn and rebellious teen, i believe my parents made the right choice in spanking me. The threat of having my bottom spanked hard was a deterrent to even worse behavior for me.
  • Pinky 2010/01/28 20:53:02 (edited)
  • elwood kirby 2010/01/09 03:04:56
    Other
    elwood kirby
    +2
    i think it is a good thing. More power to parents who love their children enough to spank them.
  • Amy 2010/01/04 01:55:19
    Other
    Amy
    +5
    I was a child of 13. Yes we got spanked. My father was the strictest out there. If we didn't say sir/ma'am we got spanked, if we got anything below a b in school we got spanked, if we said shut up or stupid and things like that to our brothers and sisters we got spanked. Bare bottom with a hair brush, Dad's belt, wooden paddle with holes in it, a wooden spoon, switches, dad's hand, canes, or anything that looked painful. And we got 50-100 licks. I got spanked almost every day until I was 18
  • 1822151 Amy 2010/02/09 17:39:05
  • kylie 2009/12/16 02:28:43
    kylie
    +3
    i always got spanked alomst everyday i was very nauty it would always be with a hand or a wooden kithen spoon somtimes belt on my bare behind
  • Shane kylie 2009/12/24 21:30:42
    Shane
    +2
    I'm a guy 15 and I still get spanked. But I'd rather have that than time-outs or restrictions. At my house, your bare rear gets paddled while it's pointed at the ceiling. Ow! Don't swear or you get more.
  • J Shane 2010/03/30 05:49:56
    J
    +1
    Who spanks you, your mom or dad? Do you get paddled otk? How many times do you get paddled during one spanking? And what do you get spanked for at the age of 15? Do you have to stand in the corner or sit on a hard chair after your punishment?
  • dalilah browder 2009/12/08 17:20:47
    Other
    dalilah browder
    +1
    I was spanked bare bottom with tree sticks, belts and paddles
  • dalilah... dalilah... 2009/12/08 17:22:06
    dalilah browder
    +1
    Usually if I didn't go to school when I was about 11 or 12.
  • dalilah... dalilah... 2009/12/08 17:23:39
    dalilah browder
    +1
    Usually for 3 or 4 rounds.
  • Denver 2009/11/28 23:06:52
    Other
    Denver
    +1
    Yes I was spanked as A Kid My Mother would Use her hand Or a wooden spoon my Father would use his belt on my bare Bum
  • Bored 2009/11/25 12:22:41 (edited)
    Other
    Bored
    +1
    My parents spanked, but only a few times because it would just turn into a beating. I've gotten hit with almost everything there is, even had things thrown at me because my mom didn't want to get up. Most of the time my parents would count the hits, the usual amount was 10-20 times, more if they thought it was more serious. My mom or dad would also hit me with my dad's exercise belt (The belts are really thick) when things were serious. I've even gotten my hair pulled, or gotten my hair pulled all the way into the next room. Sometimes I would also have to kneel down and face the wall anywhere from 10-30 or more mins. That went on from as young as I can remember to about 16, but one time my mom punched me in the face with an open fist, that was the first time she ever did that, though it was for a pretty dumb reason. The beatings from my dad stopped at around 8 because he passed away. I'll be 19 very soon and my mom still threathens to break my teeth sometimes. Some people say beatings and such won't mess you up, but that's not true, because this and other things have just made my Major Depression (Which I've had since I can remember) like 50 times worse.

And I will never hit my future kids. I'll just use grounding and/or take away their favorite things for a while.
  • hjdklhko Bored 2010/04/05 20:43:16
    hjdklhko
    +3
    call child abuse, honey. your mom needs help.you need help. here is a number and info on a child abuse hotline.. you don't have to say your name, and you know sweetie, your mama is damaging you. sugar, it might be hard to tell on mama, but this is abusive.
    800-422-4453
    their website: www.childhelp.org
    if you are sexually abused too here is info on a sexual abuse hotline
    800-839-4372.
    my job is to help abused kids and teens, so this should help sweetie.

2014/12/22 11:14:16