Was Princess Diana More Interesting, More Popular, More Glamorous, More Sought Out, Than Kate Middleton.?

strawberry 2012/05/15 05:52:13
PRINCESS DIANA HAD MORE CROWD APPEAL. ?
KATE IS MORE POPULAR WITH ROYAL FAMILY, THAN PUBLIC. ?
KATE IS TRYING TO PLEASE ROYAL FAMILY TOO HARD. ?
PUBLIC SINCERELY LOVED PRINCESS DIANA. ?
IS THIS THE REAL KATE MIDDLETON.?
MY PREFERENCE.?
Princess DianaPrincess DianaGlamorousPrincess Diana GlamorousPrincess Diana Diana s wedding dayKATE MIDDLETON ON THE RUNWAYKATE MIDDLETON ON THE RUNWAYKATE MIDDLETON Wedding Day

• Jerry 2012/05/18 03:55:45
    PRINCESS DIANA HAD MORE CROWD APPEAL. ?
    Jerry
    +1
    see the photo below, an excellent example, She was elegant in every way, ...........as for that fool She was dancing with...........prince charles, supposedly is to rank high in the new world order............to me he will always be a clown and a fool...........God Bless You, Princess Diana, ......... in Jesus Name, Amen.............
  • FencerCat 2012/05/15 22:17:25
    MY PREFERENCE.?
    FencerCat
    +1
    I think Diana was a lovely person and did a lot of good in the world, but she was also prone to being a drama queen... this is not to say her husband didn't provoke her to it. She was a woman of her times.

I believe Kate is also a woman of her times. I think she is a lady and is doing what is expected of her.She also has a lot of support from her husband, something Diana didn't have. As far as looks, I personally prefer brunettes, so I think Kate is far more naturally pretty than Diana was, but perhaps her more outgoing personality also influences that.
  • strawberry FencerCat 2012/05/16 03:33:06
    strawberry
    +1
    Princess Diana did often seek out the drama of public spotlight. Prince Charles was a bore. I do wonder if Diana was truly in love with Charles. Diana had too much high spirit for stuffy British Royal Family life. However I don't believe Kate is just this sweet woman. Kate is very cunning, and Prince William more immature.
  • FencerCat strawberry 2012/05/16 22:04:51
    FencerCat
    +1
    Oh, I agree that Kate is cunning. SHe went after him. She knew what she wanted. But I think she does a good job in her position. Yes, Charles is definitely a bore and Diana was too high spirited for the royals. WHen Charles married, remember there was a focus on him marrying a virgin, so he, having waited so long, had to marry someone a good bit younger than he was. With Kate, no one batted an eye over her sleeping with William before they were married. I think Diana, like many in the aristocracy, saw an opportunity in marrying the prince. I think she was a bit dazzled by royalty, but she found out before she married that Charles was in love with and still carrying on with Camilla, and didn't call off the wedding, so there was a certain amount of conniving in her as well. But I don't think she really had a clue what she was in for, and it was such a shame.
  • Burning Bright Embers 2012/05/15 12:17:33
    MY PREFERENCE.?
    Burning Bright Embers
    +3
    They are two separate personalities. Diana had a charasima that is impossible to duplicate.
  • strawberry Burning... 2012/05/16 03:35:00
    strawberry
    Very true! I believe Kate is more cunning then she is now letting on.
  • Burning... strawberry 2012/05/16 19:43:33
    Burning Bright Embers
    +1
    Well, she will need it to stay out of the line of fire of Camilla.
  • strawberry Burning... 2012/05/18 01:52:42
    strawberry
    +1
    Camilla is most likely very jealous of Kate. It is possible Prince Charles has tired of Camilla also. Just a hunch.
  • Mz Understood 2012/05/15 11:43:13
    MY PREFERENCE.?
    Mz Understood
    +3
    I adore Kate. She seems to have a wonderful way about her. Easy going and sweet. And she seems like she genuinely loves William which is the most important thing.
  • strawberry Mz Unde... 2012/05/16 03:39:17
    strawberry
    Time will tell. Kate is new in the Royal Family. Behind that sweetness is most likely a very cunning woman. Prince William is the one who is more easy going, also far more immature than his wife Kate.
  • Rachel 2012/05/15 09:16:43
    MY PREFERENCE.?
    Rachel
    +2
    I think it's too early to compare Kate to Princess Diana.

It's just been one year for Kate being a part of the royal family.

Diana had years had almost a lifetime (with all the ups and down) with them. That's why people find her interesting. She went through a lot.

But I guess, Kate's more in the right track because she dated William for quite a long time before they got married. So, she had time to understand and really think what she's getting into. I guess, we won't see too many surprises unlike during Diana's time. The whole world almost "saw" what she went through.
  • strawberry Rachel 2012/05/16 03:59:36
    strawberry
    +1
    It is early. There could be a very cunning side to Kate not yet revealed. Prince Charles was really forced into marriage by his mother Queen Elizabeth. Charles wanted Camilla. Diana was more or less picked for Charles, an arranged marriage. Diana must have known this. Diana claimed she was in love. Did Diana really want the limelight.? Perhaps Diana so young had a misconception of how boring and stuffy life would be with the Royal Family. Possibly Prince Charles felt Diana would be happy with her lifestyle, not really caring if he kept seeing Camilla. Kate is older, more mature, but is Prince William really in love, or infatuated with Kate for now. Will commented many times on how he fell for Kate modeling on the runway. Actually photos of her back then look raunchy.
  • The Birdman ~ PWCM~JLA 2012/05/15 08:32:02
    MY PREFERENCE.?
    The Birdman ~ PWCM~JLA
    +2
    Seems folks are being a bit too judgmental of Kate at a time when she is barely into the family! I think Kate is MUCH prettier than Diana, and if given a chance, she could be a better representative than Diana who had to know things weren't all that great for her with Charles early on, and the whole "Princess" Cinderella thing for Di was too irresistible to pass up. I think Di was a bit too opportunistic and maybe a bit dishonest to the public.
  • strawberry The Bir... 2012/05/15 08:44:16
    strawberry
    +1
    Some valid points!
  • The Bir... strawberry 2012/05/15 09:00:06
    The Birdman ~ PWCM~JLA
    +1
    Just the way it looked to me, thanks!
  • strange_armour 2012/05/15 08:30:34
  • strawberry strange... 2012/05/15 08:55:00
    strawberry
    +1
    One thing that always bothered me about that accident in Paris is the bodyguard. He was paid a lot of money to do his job. First he should have told that driver to slow down, who cares if photographers were chasing the car. He quickly put on his seat belt. He should have ordered both Dodi and Diana to put on their seat belts. He was in the front seat yet that seat belt saved his life. Diana died from being thrown around the back seat of that car, causing internal bleeding. I would bet that seat belt would have saved Diana's life, possibly even Dodi.
  • David (oYo) 2012/05/15 07:38:49
  • strawberry David (... 2012/05/15 08:00:43
    strawberry
    I agree with you. Kate does not have that magic. I think Kate might get more boring as she gets older. Diana would have done very good in Hollywood movies, or a top model.
  • David (... strawberry 2012/05/15 10:01:58
  • Kyra 2012/05/15 07:20:38
    PRINCESS DIANA HAD MORE CROWD APPEAL. ?
    Kyra
    +1
    miss her and everything about her.
  • strawberry Kyra 2012/05/15 08:05:48
    strawberry
    Diana was too stifled with the Royal Family. She was far too outgoing for them. When Diana married Prince Charles she must have known about Camilla. I often wonder if Diana really was in love with Charles.?
  • strawberry 2012/05/15 06:49:37 (edited)
    strawberry
    Princess Diana was very young, a real natural. Diana was not stuffy, extremely photogenic, very glamorous. Crowds flocked to see Princess Diana. More magazines of Diana sold. Charles was a stuffed shirt. Queen Elizabeth was very jealous of Diana's public popularity around the world. We know this Royal Marriage was arranged. Did Princess Diana really love Prince Charles.? We know the story of Charles and Camilla. Should we blame Charles for a pressured marriage.? Kate Middleton married Prince William at a much older age. Is this true love, or a young man's sexual infatuation.? Brit's have a different standard of sexy. Let's face facts the Royal Family keep lowering Royal standards. Kate Middleton is very, very pretty, polite, mannered, less drama; surely a relief to Queen Elizabeth. But what about those cheesy runway poses of Kate.? Did Kate have to take quick British courses to learn to be "My Fair Lady." Will the charm last, or will Eliza Doolittle return.?

My Fair Lady My Fair Lady
  • Oaces_boss_yo® 2012/05/15 06:35:25
  • David Hussey 2012/05/15 05:58:52
    MY PREFERENCE.?
    David Hussey
    +1
    Hardly a fair comparison. Wait until Kate has a few years of playing the role of 'Royal' and then ask the question again. Personally, I'm more inclined to be positive about Kate, but that could just be because she hasn't had enough time to turn me off yet

2014/04/23 13:35:55