Unfinished business with an ex?

Jenna ☮♡ッ 2013/04/02 00:50:01
Have any of you ever had that one person in your life that you seem to always have feelings for no matter what?
Long story short...there's this guy I've known forever. We dated for 3 years, but broke up a year ago and figured we'd be better off as friends. We're still very close friends, I love this guy to death and would do anything for him. He's told me countless times that I'm his best friend too and no matter what I'll always have a special place in his heart. But sometimes we still act flirty/couple-y towards each other and have to catch ourselves each time, because he'll like someone else, or I'll like someone else and we won't want to screw that up, etc. And yes I'll admit it...we've hooked up a few times too when we've both been single at the time, without really meaning to. It's been this whole back and forth cycle with him over the past year.
I know it's not fair to the other people in our lives that we're still so flirty and stuff towards each other, but I don't know what to do.
I just can't fully get over being in a relationship with him. I don't know what he wants either, because the way we act is not the way most people who are "just friends" treat each other.
I'm curious to hear if anyone else has gone through a similar experience and what they did about it. I'm too scared to say anything to him though. Yeah this is my best friend but ugh. D: It's so confusing!

• 2013/04/02 01:02:13
    ♥
    +4
    i would talk to him if i were you. i had a similar experience with a guy i dated for almost 2 years but was too scared to say anything & he moved on. i regret that all the time & i feel like i should've said something bc even if he hadn't felt the same way about me, at least i would have known. now i have to live with never knowing & it bugs me. /:

• Joe 2013/06/04 14:31:36
    Joe
    +1
    I think you have a awesome situation and depending On how he feels you probably should be a couple because it sounds like you've got it good with each other and that's what's so many people search for Especially if you have chemistry in the bedroom.
  • sockpuppet 2013/04/02 03:49:48
    sockpuppet
    +1
    Think about what it was that broke you up. Does it not seem very important anymore? Might just be time to come to terms with it and rebuild the relationship you both really want.
  • sockpuppet sockpuppet 2013/04/02 04:02:32
    sockpuppet
    +1
    And... FWIW, friends 'hook up' too. As long as you're both otherwise single, nobody's getting hurt and it's nobody's business but your own.

Don't judge yourselves harshly either way; your relationship --whatever it may be-- is yours to create for yourselves. How 'most people' seem to act has nothing to do with it.
  • Soup Man 2013/04/02 01:57:48
    Soup Man
    +1
    I think you know just do it

Just saying
  • trollatc 2013/04/02 01:47:51
    trollatc
    +1
    First the only unfinished bussiness I have with my ex is raising my kids. That said, it sounds like you are in over your head. You need to talk to him and either have a commited relationship or really be just friends. I don't know the guys so I can't say he is using you or not. But, if you keep going like this, someone is going to get hurt and that will be the end of the friendship too.
  • 2013/04/02 01:02:13
    ♥
    +4
  • Princess 2013/04/02 00:54:52
    Princess
    +1
    He's using you. I was married to my ex-wife for 23 years and together before that for 4 years. We divorced 5 years ago and we are still best friends. She lives in a house I own, I got her the car she drives last year because she could not afford one and I help her out whenever she needs help. She is a great person but we NEVER cross "the line", it's over.

2014/10/25 06:27:31