Underground Economy...How far will you go?

LibertyCaroline 2012/08/30 06:26:59
In a weird twist of irony, the elites have sown the seeds for their own destruction. As US manufacturing disappears and jobs dry up, folks will join and build an underground economy that is beyond the tax collectors reach.

It is absolutely amazing what some people will do to make a living in this economy. Desperate times call for desperate measures, and we have not seen this kind of desperation for jobs in America since the Great Depression of the 1930s. What some people are willing to put up with just to bring home a paycheck these days will totally shock you. For example, would you slaughter dogs all day long even though you are really a dog lover? Would you personally train your replacement from China even though you knew he was about to take your job? Would you trade sex for a job? There are people out there actually doing all these things and worse.
More...
http://marketdailynews.com/2012/08/17/economy-it-is-absolutel...

Read More: http://marketdailynews.com/2012/08/17/economy-it-i...

• Cat 2012/08/30 21:32:15
    Cat
    +1
    This isn't the first time things have been bad, especially here in the coal country of PA. I was homeless and broke as a young woman,and was approached by former schoolmate who had become a pimp. I didn't even have to think his offer over; I'd rather starve. Euthanizing dogs would probably break my heart, but if it paid well enough, I'd have done it until a better job came along. I did take pay to slaughter steers and hogs. I come from a family of farmers and butchers, and learned a few marketable skills.
    When life gets tough you'll do what you have to do within your morality and comfort envelope, to survive. Sometimes you'll even push that envelope, but you won't generally break it.
  • Stan Kapusta 2012/08/30 18:26:52
    Stan Kapusta
    +1
    I'll do what it takes to survive. The government is requiring reports on what you spend now. It will grow. The mattress banks are coming back.
  • Striker 2012/08/30 18:14:42
    Striker
    +1
    In hopes of really reading about the underground economy, I did chase your link but that didn't really do much.

I see that we already have a good start on the U.C. in our quite remote area of N.Arizona, and that the same exists and is growing. Probably not nearly so much in the cities where the Rulers insist on Ruling and extracting taxes from everyone for everything.

Economic collapse, tho, will be much more than merely bankruptcy. It will be the end of governments as we know them. Their Rules and fiat money & debt will be cast aside without needing elections or formal action. Only a free market economy will remain, freed at last to perform it's magic.
  • Bob DiN 2012/08/30 12:03:48
    Bob DiN
    The undergroun economy is out of control in America. Many we do need a comsumption tax to replace the income tax.
  • heirsoftheking 2012/08/30 11:31:01 (edited)
    heirsoftheking
    +1
    I'm going for orientation this morning for a job I'd probably hate, to sell a product I don't believe in, but I've got to feed my family - this Obama economy sucks so bad! I haven't worked full-time since 2008. I've worked part-time, though - what a laugh. I'm tempted to lower my standards just to make money. Some locals invited me to compete in local drag queen contests, which means they may stuff money down my bra. LOL! What do you think? Should I go for it or no?

Me in a black floral print dress
  • Liberty... heirsof... 2012/08/30 11:45:08
    LibertyCaroline
    +1
    Surely you don't need my approval---you decide the standards you can live with---good luck with all that :)
  • heirsof... Liberty... 2012/08/30 17:59:24
    heirsoftheking
    I'm back from that training orientation thing. The longer I was in there, the more questions I have (deep questions), but they haven't asked us if we had any questions yet. They almost wanted us to come in on Monday, 'til I told them it was a holiday, Labor Day.
  • Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA 2012/08/30 11:26:03
    Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    We will need to do that if obaaaama rigs the election.
  • Leprachaun999 2012/08/30 10:46:33
    Leprachaun999
    +1
    this is why blaming the government of any stripe is useless, people wlil make their own money if given half a chance
  • mary E 2012/08/30 07:26:23
    mary E
    +2
    I am learning to "barter."

Just practicing. If the economy were to totally crash, pensions might well be affected. It is time for seniors to look around and see what they could do if that happened.
  • ☆stillthe12c☆ 2012/08/30 06:38:13
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +4
    I am glad that I know longer have to work. I feel sorry for those who that this experience will not strengthen them
  • Transquesta 2012/08/30 06:29:32
    Transquesta
    +4
    The underground economy in America is THRIVING--and thank God for it! As to how far would I or anyone go into it? Well, let's just say that anyone with a working forebrain is gonna be a little bit stingy with the details.
  • mary E Transqu... 2012/08/30 07:30:30
    mary E
    +3
    I don't think we can know just what we might be willing to do to survive. It is good to use our head now and not be caught unprepared.

I would, if necessary, live in a tent and ride a bike rather than go into debt now.
  • Transqu... mary E 2012/08/30 23:41:29
    Transquesta
    +2
    You got that right!

And learn the finer points of barter. Invest in goods/services which will be in demand if everything goes into the crapper. Develop useful skills. Stock up on food, fuel, water, ammo (even if you don't have/shoot a gun), medicines, etc. These are the things which will make you/yours truly rich should the time which we expect to come actually comes.

. . .Oh, and age isn't a factor here. If anything, the older you are the better prepared you should be. Plan for the worst and hope for the best as the old saying goes.
  • mary E Transqu... 2012/08/31 23:58:05
    mary E
    +2
    Thank you! You just gave me some new ideas I can use to be prepared! (Now why didn't I think of those suggestions? LOL Guess I'd better develop the skill of thinking a little deeper about this issue of preparedness.)
  • Transqu... mary E 2012/09/01 00:35:44
    Transquesta
    +2
    Post a poll asking people what they're doing to 'prep' for come what may. Natural disasters, civil emergencies, etc.

This is an opinion/education/entertainment site. Utilize it as such. :-)

2014/10/31 19:34:03