U.N. now invading your home?

~ The Rebel ~ 2012/04/22 22:43:09

The first step in the plan is the installation of “smart meters,” which are being introduced by power utilities nationwide. Unlike traditional spinning wheel electric meters, smart meters allow the power utilities to measure energy usage minute by minute.

The Federal Energy Act of 2005, signed by George W. Bush, mandated that power utilities offer “each of its customer classes … a time-based rate schedule under which the rate charged by the electric utility varies during different time periods.”

However, power utilities have begun pushing the installation of smart meters even without a customer’s request. As Sussman documents in “Climategate,” the energy company PG&E; pushed the new meters on customers by saying that it would allow the company to collect data “without setting foot on your property and interrupting your schedule.”

The utility did not mention that the innovation would potentially lead to increased prices during peak hours and detailed tracking of each home’s energy usage, “Climategate” reveals.

More importantly, some utilities have begun installing the smart meters over the objections of customers, leading to several legal battles.

As mentioned in the congressional brief, the SmartGrid will also include the Programmable Communication Thermostat and the Home Area Network. The two technologies will allow utility companies to shut off appliances remotely.

Read More: http://www.wnd.com/2012/04/look-out-u-n-now-invadi...

• ~ The Rebel ~ 2012/04/22 22:44:28
    ~ The Rebel ~
    +4
    The “improvements” were generally not implemented because of cost considerations, but the federal government stepped in to “solve” the problem, Sussman argues.

In the 2009 stimulus bill, the federal government authorized $16.8 billion in direct spending by the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Energy Efficiency, an additional $4.5 billion to upgrade to the nation’s grid and at least $2.8 billion for installing broadband.

The 2009 American Clean Energy and Security Act also contained federally mandated energy-efficient building regulations that supersede all local and state codes. The law will be enforced by federal regulators funded by energy taxes and $25 million from the Department of Energy “to provide necessary enforcement of a national efficiency building code.”

All of this is being done at the behest of the United Nations and its Agenda 21.

http://www.wnd.com/2012/04/lo...

• Jdogg 2012/04/23 04:30:40
    Jdogg
    +1
    And this is another reason to get rid of the un
  • kaZappoo 2012/04/23 02:04:11
    kaZappoo
    +1
    my power co has one of these "smart meters " on my house ,,but they cant determine "exactly what were doing ,,,"

yes what power consumption .....but cant regulate w/ out permission .....
  • Fran-Halen 2012/04/23 00:10:06
    Fran-Halen
    +1
    The electric co-op is installing fiber optic broadband for one of the least populous counties in Mn. I often wondered what the profit margin was going to be....I guess I have my answer. Thanks Rebel.
  • Karen E 2012/04/22 22:57:23
    Karen E
    +3
    and they are job killers too. the meter readers have all been laid off here.........
  • kaZappoo Karen E 2012/04/23 02:10:54
    kaZappoo
    +2
    yes here in idaho they have done the same thing ,,,,keep their profits high ,,as with utility co & corp america ....

they have no ability to turn off appliances .....though ,,,,,,
  • Karen E kaZappoo 2012/04/23 03:19:54
    Karen E
    +1
    we know when they test, breakers trip. i have a friend that works for the city power board, he hates them too. he had enough seniority and experience to be transferred to another dept.
  • kaZappoo Karen E 2012/04/23 04:07:40
    kaZappoo
    +1
    yes me as well ,,i worked for I.P from 01 to 03 ... broke my neck ( injury ) was let go ...!

and still have friends who are still there ,,,he said the same thing about the intent of over ruling the consumer w/ useage at peak times ..and consumer can do nothing about it ,,

I watch my Kw hrs & useage and confir with the billing ,,,it wouldnt surprise me that the UN wants more control of all our lives ....!
  • ~ The Rebel ~ 2012/04/22 22:44:28
    ~ The Rebel ~
    +4

http://www.wnd.com/2012/04/lo...

2014/08/27 13:18:22