Twitter Will Gauge Voter Sentiment in New Venture: Will Twitter Call the Next Election?

Daryl 2012/08/01 18:00:00

NATIONALJOURNAL.COM reports:
The new measure of voter sentiment comes as increased costs and decreased reliability of traditional telephone polls encourage new approaches.
sentiment increased costs decreased reliability traditional telephone polls encourage approaches

Read More: http://nationaljournal.com/2012-presidential-campa...

• Daryl 2012/08/01 17:29:36
    Daryl
    +10
    Unlikely. Polling accurately is a difficult.

I prefer a large sample and averaging all polls together.

poll average

• Zelus 2012/08/02 21:46:03
    Zelus
    +7
    I say no because the liberal folks live on twitter with their useless drivel. I don't tweet but I do vote and it won't be for Barry.
  • Bob DiN Zelus 2012/08/10 05:35:43
    Bob DiN
    Agreed!
  • Jerry Corbitt 2012/08/02 21:32:43
    Jerry Corbitt
    +4
    The so called Mainstream Media is nothing more than a front organization for the left wing propaganda machine. There are few outlets that are not bought and paid for by the Progressive move toward an American Marxist nightmare. Twitter, Facebook, and all the rest are being molded and handled by paid Obama Useful Idiots. It is now common for all but a few of the opinion polls to jigger results by simply being sure to sample higher in left wing and Democrats than all others. I don't trust any of them The true results will be at the voting booths on election day. Pay no attention to any of these, just go out and vote. All of these polls are showing that the Tea Party is lost or over with. As a Tea Party activist I can tell you that is simply not the fact... I overheard a Democrat at the polls here in Texas on the day we voted in the primary runoff elections say. " Oh yes, the Tea Party is over Big Time, dead and gone".. Next day the results, showed that Tea Party Candidates had swept the elections over old line party candidates. Go Figure? Let these folks believe their own set up propaganda. Forget the News media and the gimmicks like Twitter. Get out and vote, don't let anything keep you from going out and using the power the Constitution gave you to control your government and ignore anything but the actual results.
  • Groundskeeper Willy 2012/08/02 21:24:44
    Groundskeeper Willy
    +3
    Ugh Like ABC called Al Gore in Florida? No effin' thanks.
  • BK 2012/08/02 21:23:27
    BK
    +4
    Many legitimate voters are not on Twitter
  • Insanebane 2012/08/02 20:37:45
    Insanebane
    +2
    I hope not.
  • Digman14 2012/08/02 19:51:38
    Digman14
    +1
    Polls are never accurate when it comes to elections. Policies and issues, perhaps, but never elections.
  • David 2012/08/02 19:37:46
    David
    +1
    Doubtful. All polls have degrees have error and Twitter is not scientific enough to be taken seriously.
  • ☆FritzW☆ 2012/08/02 19:37:32
    ☆FritzW☆
    +1
    Someday perhaps.. but today there is still a significant number of VOTERS who do not use Twitter and/or Facebook.
  • heinz 2012/08/02 19:37:22
    heinz
    +2
    Just like to see how far off it will be though. I'm sure it will not be very accurate, anyone could vote besides eligible voters....well that happens anyway so we'll see.
  • sandra.hemmes 2012/08/02 19:32:40
    sandra.hemmes
    +1
    How silly. What wins the election is money and who gets paid off. Elections are fixed, and the highest bidder gets the dough. Don't think this election is about brains.
  • Dale G 2012/08/02 19:01:43
    Dale G
    +2
    Dogs and lucky towels have twitter accounts doesn't say much for the intelligence of the group as a whole.
  • charles nelson 2012/08/02 18:27:24
    charles nelson
    +3
    Think they are using Twitter to vote in Washington state.
  • Karen Jonsson 2012/08/02 18:22:49
    Karen Jonsson
    +1
    Well it has a hell of a lot more people twitting than those 500-1000 people polls. In 2008 when I was a volunteer in Ohio for Mr Obama, it seemed like it was neck and neck because of the polls and the people we went door to door to talk to were cruel and slammed doors in our faces called Mr Obama all kinds of racist words I dare not repeat here and even called their dogs on us. We were so disheartened thinking he was going to lose in Ohio and we worked so hard. Then came election night and we could not believe that the polls were so wrong Mr Obama won hands down. Therefore I am not going to worry about the polls. In Ohio there are many people who were laid off long before we ever heard of Obama so we know the hype is not true. Ohio has been struggling for years and years and many people even my husband who was out of a job for 3 years starting with W Bush got a wonderful job with a billion dollar company as did thousands more. So Twitter has the real deal there! Millions of people to tweet how the country really is going to vote. For example according to the right, Limbaugh was so popular in the US, but the truth is when he was in the hospital with a heart episode, the tweets were overwhelmingly against him. So many wished him dead. Mean but it was how they really ...
    Well it has a hell of a lot more people twitting than those 500-1000 people polls. In 2008 when I was a volunteer in Ohio for Mr Obama, it seemed like it was neck and neck because of the polls and the people we went door to door to talk to were cruel and slammed doors in our faces called Mr Obama all kinds of racist words I dare not repeat here and even called their dogs on us. We were so disheartened thinking he was going to lose in Ohio and we worked so hard. Then came election night and we could not believe that the polls were so wrong Mr Obama won hands down. Therefore I am not going to worry about the polls. In Ohio there are many people who were laid off long before we ever heard of Obama so we know the hype is not true. Ohio has been struggling for years and years and many people even my husband who was out of a job for 3 years starting with W Bush got a wonderful job with a billion dollar company as did thousands more. So Twitter has the real deal there! Millions of people to tweet how the country really is going to vote. For example according to the right, Limbaugh was so popular in the US, but the truth is when he was in the hospital with a heart episode, the tweets were overwhelmingly against him. So many wished him dead. Mean but it was how they really felt. So yes because twitter does not cater to the right like most polls I think it will be an excellent source of the REAL truth. Not too many million dollar contributors there! Did you know that while all other polls had Obama leading only Fox news and another right wing poll Purple Strategies who are clearly biased not only has Romney ahead but by 10 to 20% more than the other polls. So I am saying that twitter will have the USA's REAL opinions not biased for anyone. The right wing knows that and just would like to put their heads in the sand. Adlesohn promised Mitt 10 million but only gave him 1 million, what does that tell you? Adlesohn is not fool, he already lost 5 million on Gingrich! When the million dollar people see that Romney is losing the money will dry up. Mark my words! Thanks Twitter!
  • zbacku Karen J... 2012/08/03 03:58:41
    zbacku
    +1
    You do understand that those 13 and 16 year olds can't vote.
  • Rachel Searvogel 2012/08/02 18:14:05
    Rachel Searvogel
    +1
    50/50 chance. There are only two people it could be, and they'll either say it was the one who one or the one who lost. If they get it right, it's because they have about the same probability as a coin flip.
  • Rachel ... Rachel ... 2012/08/16 01:40:10
    Rachel Searvogel
    *won
  • charles_1 2012/08/02 17:53:15
    charles_1
    +3
    Twitter is not a random sample of likely voters. I suspect tweeters are heavily skewed liberal.
  • ShaNayNay 2012/08/02 17:42:30
  • davyd god loving patriot 2012/08/02 17:41:48
    davyd god loving patriot
    +1
    liberal a$s kissin sh*t eatin lies, only stupid people would believe that
  • MR. 2012/08/02 17:19:29
    MR.
    +1
    *(ROMNEY 2012) -"Ahem, after Twitter (compromised it's integrity) last week, they couldn't call a pee-wee game, oh' well,... "Play Ball"-
  • me 2012/08/02 17:14:18
    me
    +1
    I really have no clue if they will call it or not. They have a 50-50 chance in my view. They might make the right call but it won't be because of the polling of Tweeters. The polling of tweeters will produce a bet, that is all. Just like my answer here. Since I think its a 50-50 shot that Twitter will call it or not call it, I have a 50-50 chance of "winning" whether I say "Yes" or "No". Twitter result is not going to be any more of a prediction than a bet on one throw of "high card takes all".
  • sunniday me 2012/08/03 05:37:50
    sunniday
    +1
    Facebook is having problems & Twitter is doing what any business would do [get in everybodies mind & pocket] take advantage of the time.
  • BBLEE sunniday 2012/08/12 14:09:52
    BBLEE
    Sunniday, about a week ago ,You left a note about one of my post., and before I could thank you it got deleted. I realize this is late getting to You ,please forgive me and I thank you very much You made me smile. thanks again.BBLEE
  • overdog001 2012/08/02 17:08:48
    overdog001
    +3
    There are tons, and I mean TONS, of people who do not talk about politics on their Twitter.
  • adeenmckenziekennedy 2012/08/02 17:04:43
  • mikesora6777 2012/08/02 17:04:39
    mikesora6777
    +1
    I like obama is a real cool guy really nice guy. but he has done nothing to help us create jobs in sinking billions in 2 botched energy programs. since there are no other politicians running I have no choice but to vote for mitt romney at least he has the business experience which obama lax. but we need someone in there from work with republicans and democrats to get things done
  • daveygater 2012/08/02 16:56:30
    daveygater
    +2
    there is too much unfounded chit-chat on Twitter.com
  • Mog of War 2012/08/02 16:52:25
    Mog of War
    +3
    Too many of twitter's users are not eligible to vote in the U.S. for their opinions to reflect likely election results.
  • Tominator 2012/08/02 16:40:20
    Tominator
    +2
    There aren't nearly enough people
  • Josh Robinson 2012/08/02 16:33:12 (edited)
    Josh Robinson
    +3
    Ron Paul isn't even on this list... How can twitter call it...? Mitt is not the GOP nominee no matter how bad you need it to be true...! We have to wait on the RNC to finalize...
  • BBLEE Josh Ro... 2012/08/03 01:53:13
    BBLEE
    +1
    Josh Robinson, You said what? Do you mean the Ron Paul Retardaloution is still on? Kidding,Romney was not my first pick either, but it looks like he can Beat Obumbler, regardless of what Most Socialist Network or Communist News Network report, so let us unite to unseat the Dictator.
  • Josh Ro... BBLEE 2012/08/03 01:57:37 (edited)
    Josh Robinson
    And replace him with a dictator unrealized..? I've supported Ron Paul for president since 07' I can't change my mind and I sure wouldn't do it for Mitt the Twit...
    romney poland ronpaul romney poland ronpaul
  • Josh Ro... BBLEE 2012/08/03 02:04:42
  • sunniday BBLEE 2012/08/03 05:39:28
    sunniday
    +1
    Best post I have read.
  • zbacku Josh Ro... 2012/08/03 03:59:51
    zbacku
    Once again, need we remind you that Paul LOST.
  • Josh Ro... zbacku 2012/08/03 13:03:17 (edited)
    Josh Robinson
    Remind me after the freedom festival his supporters (Not his staff) are throwing... They rented an ENTIRE fairgrounds for that loser. I bet you think nations just go on and on and on don't you...? If you are looking for a land invasion to kill the USA you will never get it. If you believe that our country can be dissolved from the inside out by govt (like the founding fathers stressed could happen) than you need to vote for Ron Paul because that is what is happening right now. I can't make you see... My girlfriend believes in the FEMA camps and martial law but she is too afraid to think about it. I think you have the same disease... Fear. You are deathly afraid to face that most of your Government wants to end your rights and sovereignty for money. You are their slave... they loath you. They study you, learn you then they abuse you. Guss what's worth less than a penny...? That same penny tomorrow... lol... your retirement is shrinking without you spending any of it.... you want to vote for this to continue and I don't blame you... Mitt is very cute. He's a very pretty man and his speech/manipulation classes have left him a very convincing person. How many bad things will you have to hear about him before you accept that he is Obamas understudy..? Does he have to announce to...
    Remind me after the freedom festival his supporters (Not his staff) are throwing... They rented an ENTIRE fairgrounds for that loser. I bet you think nations just go on and on and on don't you...? If you are looking for a land invasion to kill the USA you will never get it. If you believe that our country can be dissolved from the inside out by govt (like the founding fathers stressed could happen) than you need to vote for Ron Paul because that is what is happening right now. I can't make you see... My girlfriend believes in the FEMA camps and martial law but she is too afraid to think about it. I think you have the same disease... Fear. You are deathly afraid to face that most of your Government wants to end your rights and sovereignty for money. You are their slave... they loath you. They study you, learn you then they abuse you. Guss what's worth less than a penny...? That same penny tomorrow... lol... your retirement is shrinking without you spending any of it.... you want to vote for this to continue and I don't blame you... Mitt is very cute. He's a very pretty man and his speech/manipulation classes have left him a very convincing person. How many bad things will you have to hear about him before you accept that he is Obamas understudy..? Does he have to announce to you he isn't going to end a single war or send the crooked banksters to jail..? Does he have to tell you he will continue attacking the constitution..? Does he have to tell you the same 10 megabanks are funding him and Obama at the same time..? Does he have to come out and tell you things will stay on the exact same course..? Would you be ok with Omamas style of running the country if it was Mitt Romney in charge instead of Obama..? Had you ever heard of Mitt Romney before the elections started..? Did you jump from candidate to candidate as the news told you who the newest front-runner was daily..? A vote for Mitt is a vote for Bush/Obama/Romney.... WE NEED REAL CHANGE..! Vote for your globalist ringer... you deserve to die in the streets by a bullet you paid for Dumbass...! You're a shrimp voting to be dropped in the open ocean... Good luck with that.
  • Josh Ro... zbacku 2012/08/03 13:06:25 (edited)
    Josh Robinson
    +1
    You realize why the same people who hired Obama want Romney don't you...? Yea...... you know... why won't you admit it..? If Ron Paul already lost than you do not love American Government. Behind the scenes Ron Paul is the Only force to be reckoned with for Obama. You must not look behind the curtain... you like the puppet show and I better not tell you those are just hands in socks. Your Goldman sachs voting brain will shut down and you wont eat your cheerios for a week.
  • Bud 2012/08/02 16:26:20
    Bud
    +1
    I believe that I'll stick with Rasmussen.

Bud
  • lovelygoddess101 2012/08/02 16:17:25
    lovelygoddess101
    +1
    This is meant to say "no." Many people do not even use Twitter, so it can't possibly be entirely accurate.

2014/10/21 10:26:01