Totally heterosexual male bonding. Is it gay?

xscd 2008/11/11 00:04:18

• Rowan 2010/04/21 13:49:06
    Rowan
    +2
    It's not gay, no matter how intimate they get. It's only gay if they have romantic feelings for each other.
    Anyway, who cares? So long as they're not hurting anyone I don't think it's important.

• Tee 2013/03/04 22:44:01
    It's OK, IF there's no butt-boy stuff.
    Tee
    Leviticus 18:22 is often quoted - Man shall not lie with another man as a woman. However, the next verse also states that man shall not lie with any beast. The next verse states that a female shall not lie with any beast. What is the connection of these three verses? If you notice, I didn't write a verse here that says woman shall not lie with another woman as a male. Because, a woman cannot lie with another woman as a male. A woman cannot physically, with her body, PENETRATE another female. That's probably why it is not written in scripture anywhere. But, a woman can be physically penetrated by a man and/or a male beast. A male can physically penetrate a beast and a male can be penetrated by a male animal beast. All of these speaks of perverted penetrative sex. So, if all these acts that are presented here, which are clearly defined in The Bible, are acts that you do not participate or perform, nor have the desire to perform, then free yourself from any guilt or shame because all of these are indications and clearly defined acts of forbidden pleasures - and not the forbidding of pleasure. The Bible interprets itself. Anywhere else in The Bible that talks about sexual immorality and sexual sin,those verses in Leviticus are the reference points that define those other passages...
    Leviticus 18:22 is often quoted - Man shall not lie with another man as a woman. However, the next verse also states that man shall not lie with any beast. The next verse states that a female shall not lie with any beast. What is the connection of these three verses? If you notice, I didn't write a verse here that says woman shall not lie with another woman as a male. Because, a woman cannot lie with another woman as a male. A woman cannot physically, with her body, PENETRATE another female. That's probably why it is not written in scripture anywhere. But, a woman can be physically penetrated by a man and/or a male beast. A male can physically penetrate a beast and a male can be penetrated by a male animal beast. All of these speaks of perverted penetrative sex. So, if all these acts that are presented here, which are clearly defined in The Bible, are acts that you do not participate or perform, nor have the desire to perform, then free yourself from any guilt or shame because all of these are indications and clearly defined acts of forbidden pleasures - and not the forbidding of pleasure. The Bible interprets itself. Anywhere else in The Bible that talks about sexual immorality and sexual sin,those verses in Leviticus are the reference points that define those other passages. Free yourselves from the labels. Because if those things aren't what you do in your intimate relationships, then for God's sake, don't label and pigeonhole yourselves. For the others who try to enforce such upon you, you tell them to GO TO HELL! Because, what you feel inside for another person - male or female, only means that you are HUMAN! It is not an indictment of anything else. When the Puritans established this country and their moral order, their self-righteousness in "trying" to remain "pure" in order to earn God's Grace and be blessed, meant adhering to a strict man-made doctrine of supressing emotions in general and pleasure was just unheard of. This has filtered through the Americas from generation to generation to the point that people are afraid of themselves and each other and it pits people against one another. If you notice, when you here stories of r homosexuals in other countries being imprisoned or killed, it is because they were caught participating in the act of sodomy. Not simply because they were homosexual as our media sometimes repots such. There are plenty of studies that have been conducted over the last 40 years that have determined that men being intimate with each other is very common and accepted. They just know however, what line they shouldn't cross especially in middle eastern countries and the Asian continent where some of these studies were conducted. The notion that anal penetration is the "it" factor in sexual activity between men became rooted in the consciouness of this society a mere 40 years ago. Before that, "fudge packing" was frowned upon even by men who identified themselves as homosexual.
    The fact that men who allow themselves the freedom to bond on any level with other males, only means that these men aren't afraid to share with one another what is Divinely inspired which is not our own invention.
  • Rowan 2010/04/21 13:49:06
    Rowan
    +2
  • HILLBILLY 2009/03/16 12:25:43
    Yes, totally gay!
    HILLBILLY
    does a bear do this in the woods? totally gay bear woods
  • fairiefang -annoying fashio... 2009/03/16 12:17:55
    Two guys bonding turns me on!
    fairiefang -annoying fashion snobs everywhere-
    Nobody questions "female bonding"...

Why is it men are so obsessed with appearing as straight as possible?
    Why are we women SOOOOO much more secure with our sexuality than men are with theirs?
    If another girl is wearing guy clothes, women generally don't say crap like "that's so gay"
    Ugh...I'll never understand men...
    Of course, men do consider games like football, where the jump all over eachother to be manly...lol

but yeah...the idea of 2 men does turn me on:) understand games football jump eachother manly lol yeah 2 turn
  • GONE4GOOD 2009/02/19 18:04:45
    No of course it's not gay, even though it looks like it is.
    GONE4GOOD
    that fact that two str8 men can have a caring relationship with the deepest of respect and love for each other is what makes me think there is hope for the future. if no sex was involved and even if it happens then where's the harm. most men will never reach this kind of male/male friendship and that itself is sad. for those who do congrats on being true to yourself and your buddy.
  • Dino 2008/12/04 19:29:14
    Dino
    +2
    When did the world become so paranoid about being or looking gay ??
    I've been accused many, many times of being gay simply because I've been friends with a dude for over 20 years, and you know what ?? I could give a rats ass.
    This dude has been with me thru the horrors of high school, the upliftings of college, marriages , divorce, having children, unemployment the works. So if thats considered gay by todays standards... then I see where America is going wrong.
  • GONE4GOOD Dino 2009/02/19 18:05:45
    GONE4GOOD
    glad to see some str8 men are intellegent about friends no matter the gender.
  • fairief... Dino 2009/03/16 12:20:08
    I wish more men were secure enough to not care whether the world thinks their straight or not...
  • soccerbest 2008/12/03 19:16:24
    Two guys bonding turns me on!
    soccerbest
    i like men ! duh then
  • Leo-licious - SH All-Star 2008/11/23 09:03:10
    Leo-licious - SH All-Star
    +1
    Umm... If it did, then then I would laugh because there would be a lot of gay atheletes that are idolized by a lot of straight, extremely homophobic men. gay umm laugh gay atheletes idolized straight extremely homophobic gay umm laugh gay atheletes idolized straight extremely homophobic gay umm laugh gay atheletes idolized straight extremely homophobic
  • brotherplease 2008/11/22 00:07:57
    Two guys bonding turns me on!
    brotherplease
    +1
    I love hot guys!
  • OZ151 2008/11/13 19:13:36
    OZ151
    As long as there is no but boy,kissing, holding hands, then ok. boykissing holding hands
  • bboy 2008/11/12 22:54:58
    bboy
    I suppose it depends what you mean by bonding. I think it crosses the "bonding" line if tounge-play is involved...

undecided suppose depends bonding crosses bonding line tounge-play involved
  • Pearl 2008/11/12 09:50:21
    Pearl
    +2
    I think its cool for guys to show they are cool with eachother... I like to see a man who is like a brother to other guys... It has nothing to do with sex...
  • Erikita 2008/11/11 23:03:26
    Erikita
    well at least that picture is very Brokeback Mountain-esque
  • rottie 2008/11/11 21:36:38
    rottie
    +2
    how many of you are male parents to male children? Do you bond with them? I have two boys both under 10, and yes I do bond with them. The oldest is so attached to me that he doesn't want me to leave for work when the phone rings, he would rather me stay hame and Momma go get a job. So, yes two men can bond with out being sexually intimate. How else can one become friends with another? There has to be a common bond somewhere.
  • Ju Ju 2008/11/11 20:12:14
    Ju Ju
    WTF
  • DR 2008/11/11 19:14:33
    DR
    stupid question it answers it self..Totally heterosexual male bonding. ??? then how can they be gay??????????? but it is a great thing if you can find one man to befreind and love as a brother for your whole life. Men friends take place of the Father we miss as grown men and someone we can trust. if you ever find a male to bond with that is not gay that is.
  • chewyc 2008/11/11 19:02:45
    chewyc
    Only if they decide to chug c@ck. Then they are gay!
  • turntosalt 2008/11/11 18:07:56
  • emme425 2008/11/11 17:13:43
    emme425
    Men can totally bond and it does not mean that they are gay. Men are afraid of that kind of bonding though because deep down they are afraid that it means they are gay. Look at the characters on Boston Legal, Alan Shore and Denny Craine...they really love each other, they are best friends and they are not gay. And how about House and Wilson? Wilson is the only person that House really cares about and was scared when Wilson left the hospital.
  • . . . . 2008/11/11 07:26:48
  • xscd . . . . 2008/11/11 13:46:32
    xscd
    Very interesting point. In decades past, two women living together was perfectly acceptable and no one assumed they were lesbian. However two men living together was very suspect.

Men seem to be uncomfortable with the idea of psychological closeness with another man, but avoiding it just seems to make a man into more of a male caricature, a lopsided image of exaggerated "masculinity." Men are really too prissy and fussy about all this "protecting their male image" stuff, I think.
  • . . . . xscd 2008/11/11 23:20:26
  • trader 2008/11/11 03:58:13
    trader
    The only bonding between heterosexual males is called friendship. Anything beyond that then you aren't heterosexual.
  • xscd trader 2008/11/11 13:40:09
    xscd
    +2
    I disagree. Even if there is some (any) degree of sex involved, it doesn't mean the guys are gay. But perhaps neither are they heterosexual, because homosexual and heterosexual are two extremes of a spectrum of human sexuality, and in reality almost everyone is in between the two extremes--almost everyone is bisexual to a small or larger degree. That's my take--
  • trader xscd 2008/11/11 13:48:30
    trader
    Your take is incorrect.
  • xscd trader 2008/11/11 15:08:18 (edited)
    xscd
    +2
    Easy to say, hard to prove.

I don't think my view is incorrect. Even in merely my own experience there seems to be a vast area of human sexuality that is not specifically and exclusively heterosexual or homosexual. Bisexuality, whether it is acted upon or not, whether it is recognized or repressed almost beyond recognition, seems to be the norm, although most people choose to focus more on heterosexuality or homosexuality.

Sexuality itself though is no big deal. Both heterosexuals and homosexuals have a wide range of sexual interests, both recreational and procreational (lots of gays and lesbians like to both biologically and psychologically father or mother a child or more).

Interestingly, many of the sexual practices some heterosexuals find "disgusting" in homosexuals, are practiced vigorously and enthusiastically by heterosexuals. I have even seen, in a heterosexual marriage manual published as long ago as the 1980s, advice that in certain circumstances it might help a marriage if the woman occasionally strapped on a dildo and performed anal intercourse with her male partner. That was supposed to relieve male erectile "performance anxiety" by allowing the male to be the "passive" rather than dominant partner, and to also help the male to express a wider range of psychological and sexual territory that he might be curious about.
  • trader xscd 2008/11/11 19:30:52
    trader
    lmao Whatever the book says you have hetero, homo, and bi. Society has become more perverse in the last two forms for ages. It will be straightened out in the end.
  • xscd trader 2008/11/11 19:47:04
    xscd
    +1
    Oh, I see--a religious argument (I guess). The thing about religious beliefs is that they are just that: beliefs, not necessarily facts. They may be right, they may be wrong.

The other interesting thing about beliefs is that a person is always looking at the world through the colored filter of their beliefs, which tends to make the world look pretty much like the beliefs think it is.

But I have beliefs too, so I won't argue my set of beliefs against yours. Both are valid in their own way.
  • trader xscd 2008/11/11 19:50:26
    trader
    Has nothing to do with religion but with morality.
  • xscd trader 2008/11/11 20:05:08 (edited)
    xscd
    +1
    I see. Well, I guess my point of view is that morals are arbitrary value judgments, so although each person's are valid for him- or herself, they are not very useful for mass application (whose moral judgments are correct? Can any of them be proven absolutely correct? Should any particular set of morals be imposed on others who do not share the same set of morals?), nor are they very effective as argument, which I guess is why we have so many religions and, thankfully, freedom of religion which is of course also freedom _from_ the religious beliefs of others.
  • Ju Ju trader 2008/11/11 20:13:20
    Ju Ju
    and thats not a bad thing if they turned gay either
  • VanillaTwilight 2008/11/11 00:26:44
    VanillaTwilight
    +1
    It perfectly fine and should be encouraged but there are too may homophobes out there that aren't secure enough in there sexuality to be close with another heterosexual male
  • simpletruth 2008/11/11 00:19:58
    simpletruth
    ITs perfectly fine, society is so perverse that the idea of two men bonding automatically goes to something sexual, If you can't have a non-sexual, intimate bond with a male than something is wrong with your perception.
  • jjcroknits 2008/11/11 00:08:25
    If there's more to it than simple male bonding, they're going to Hell! (But t...
    jjcroknits
  • fairief... jjcroknits 2009/03/16 12:24:36
    Yay! Love scrubs

Love this part-
  • - Jordz - 2008/11/11 00:06:21
    Yes, totally gay!
    - Jordz -
    See below for male bonding:

8====> O
  • Peggy 2008/11/11 00:06:09
    Peggy
    I do not believe you are looking for a serious answer.

2014/07/24 04:28:25