Today the world didn't end and this is why we should not listen to prophets

☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾ 2011/05/21 14:52:08
We should live for once and stop listening to end of the world Doom and Gloom
All religions must be tolerated... for... every man must get to heaven his own way.  ~Frederick the Great
Not all religion is to be found in the church, any more than all knowledge is found in the classroom.  ~Author Unknown
Philosophy is questions that may never be answered.  Religion is answers that may never be questioned.  ~Author Unknown
God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh.  ~Voltaire
Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson
We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another.” —  Jonathan Swift
Most religions prophecy the end of the world and then consistently work together to ensure that these prophecies come true
While God waits for His temple to be built of love, / men bring stones.” — Rabindranath Tagore

this is not the first time man has predicted the end of the world

Why Do people logical People highly intelligent people Need Prophets in this day and age
why do people just listen to these idiots who will lead them like lemmings off a cliff
Why would "GOD" Destroy the world ? because of a few minor problems going on
the world has faced FAR WORSE than we have today
Hitler in world war 2
Stalin in cold war
The Birth of Al Gore
in 1994 when a Rogue nuclear missle was fired at the united states accidently but was shot down.

My Point is "God" does not need Prophets to speak to you
open your minds people God has every single one of your, Phone number in your heart and mind if god says ok end of the world then he tells Everyone in the world at once.

not tells a few select people and lets them form their own interpretation of the truth when you do that u end up with Crazy madness and we have seen enough of that the past 2000 years

the worst part is people believed in the rapture so much they sold their homes belongings spent life savings and they have nothing after today

so how about we stop listening to prophets and open your minds and your hearts for those of you who are religious .

Instead of trying to look for quotes in the bible of the end of the world try LIVING and looking FORWARD TO LIFE and Cherish LIFE and enjoy LIFE for life is short
why worry about DEATH it will for all of us Eventually so stop worrying about it
and LIVE for once instead of worrying about what your neighbor does or has or owns
worry about yourself and your life and how to make your life better for you not to compete with others just go out and enjoy life

live neighbor owns worry life life compete nbsp enjoy life

here are other predictions in the past of the end of the world

in 1844, tens of thousands of people in Massachusetts expected the world to come to an end. They were followers of William Miller, a man who claimed to know the date of Jesus's second coming. Many "Millerites" sold all their possessions to prepare for the day when Christ would return to earth, gather them up to heaven, and purify the rest of the world in an all-consuming fire. As the date approached, a great comet blazed across the Massachusetts sky, and the number of believers grew. On October 22nd, the Millerites donned white robes and climbed mountains or trees to speed their ascension into heaven. When the prophecy failed, most abandoned Miller's apocalyptical teachings and returned to their original churches

Days of Delusion, by Clara Sears (Houghton Mifflin Co., 1924

May 19, 1780 On this day in New England the skies mysteriously turned dark for several hours in the afternoon, causing people to believe that a biblical prophecy had come true and Judgement Day had arrived. In reality, the darkness was caused by smoke from large-scale forest fires to the west.Okay, this one just made me laugh. I wish this would happen every time there was a forest fire in California, at least the news reports would be entertaining

March – May 1997: The year of the comet Hale-Bopp gave rise to a welter of "end of the world" theories all based on a mistaken observation by amateur astronomer Chuck Shramek. When his assertion that the comet was being trailed by a companion object found its way onto Usenet message boards, it was magnified by the full power of the then-young internet into a worldwide hullabaloo. Another contributory factor was the suggestion that the Solar System was about to pass through a mysterious and entirely imaginary region of space called the Photon Belt. The Heaven’s Gate cult seized on these combined rumours as their signal to commit mass suicide in March of this year. It was also the 6,000th anniversary of the Creation, as calculated by Bishop Ussher, leading to another wave of "Last Days" panic.

Apr 29, 1992 When the LA riots broke out in response to the verdict of the Rodney King trial, members of white-supremacist group Aryan Nations thought it was the final apocalyptic race war they had been waiting for. Coming from a Caucasian male… white people are fucking crazy

May 11, 2011 A Taiwanese prophet calling himself “Professor Wang” predicted that Taiwan would be destroyed in a 14.0 earthquake, triggering a tsunami that would kill millions. I still still laughs when I see the word wang

Nov 22, 1969 The Day of Judgement, according to Robin McPherson, who supposedly channeled an alien named Ox-Ho. Now THAT is an alien name I can get behind! Hell, Robin probably did talk to an alien (hell, it was 1969, dude HAD to be on SOMETHING), but what was the alien to was probably just his cat to us

Dec 25, 1814 Jesus was to be re-born on Christmas Day, according to the 64-year-old virgin prophet Joanna Southcott, who claimed to be pregnant with the Christ child. Witnesses claimed that she did indeed appear pregnant. She died on Christmas Day, and a subsequent autopsy proved that she was not pregnant after all. This is opposite of when those really large women claim they didn’t know they were pregnant and their baby ends up falling out in the toilet, except with more crazy which is more stupid since these idiots didnt know Jesus wasnt born on DEC 25 more like late april or early may.

May 18, 1910 Many people believed the arrival of Halley’s Comet would spell the end of the world. Some thought that cyanide gas from the comet’s tail would poison the Earth’s atmosphere. In Germany, one could buy postcards depicting apocalyptic scenes bearing the caption, “End of the World on May 18″. Con artists took advantage of people’s fears by selling “comet pills” to make people immune to the toxins…or so they claimed. Ahhh yes, entrepreneurs at their finest.

1863 Southcott follower John Wroe, who in 1823 tried (and failed) to walk on water and underwent a public circumcision, calculated that the Millennium would begin in 1863

Charles Taylor has predicted the rapture over 13 times incorrectly.
Marilyn J. Agee has cried rapture-wolf at least 8 times

there are Thousands more

• TasselLady 2011/05/21 15:45:56
    TasselLady
    +10
    This vote came the closest to my answer, but not really. The world "didn't end" simply because it was a false prophecy in the first place. The bible states very clearly that only God knows when the end is actually near and when Christ will come back. We are told not to listen to men and their false prophecies and lies. Yes, as a christian I believe it's coming, but as far as WHEN it's coming, I won't listen to lies told by these so-called pastors who should know better. The only time we'll know the end is when it actually is here, not before.

• disclaimer 2011/10/23 23:28:10
    Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he...
    disclaimer
    Why were we ever listening to prophets? Harold Camping was clearly a brainwashed fruitcake who couldn't tell his ass from a hole in the ground. And he's dead now. Please, people, even if you believe this, always have a Plan B.
  • WGN 2011/10/23 21:15:11
    WGN
    We have never needed prophets, not from any religion or from any political entity.
    All prophets are a bunch of egotistical "know it all's" who in reality, know nothing!
  • RobertRowe 2011/10/23 16:21:06
    RobertRowe
  • David (oYo) 2011/10/23 08:48:54
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... David (... 2011/10/23 16:26:43
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    Same Guy
    Harold Camping
    rapture  oct 21 rapture  lol
  • Chukroast 2011/10/23 08:25:45
    While God waits for His temple to be built of love, / men bring stones.” — Ra...
    Chukroast
    Gee, I like this one. I've never heard it, to my knowledge:
    "While God waits for His temple to be built of love, men bring stones."
    I think it's because I never heard of the author (Rabindranath Tagore)

This I've just found out from Wiki:
    He became the first non-European Nobel laureate by earning the 1913 Prize in Literature. In translation his poetry was viewed as spiritual and mercurial; his seemingly mesmeric persona, floccose locks, and empyreal garb garnered him a prophet-like aura in the West. His "elegant prose and magical poetry" remain largely unknown outside Bengal

I totally agree with this comment (I've taken the liberty of making a few changes that better suit my conceptual framework): "God" does not need Prophets to speak to you.
    Open your minds people! God has every single one of your phone numbers in his little black book and if He declares, "OK, end of the world," then he tells everyone at once.
  • Mog of War 2011/10/23 05:07:50
    We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love ...
    Mog of War
    Waiting for 2012. That'll be the big disappointment, since peeps have been harping on that date since the 80's or sooner. I'll be having a party at that point.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Mog of War 2011/10/23 16:29:13
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    dec 21 2012 nothing will happen
    except maybe
    2012 humor
    We Realize how Stupid we been acting and the human race stops warring with its own speices before an alien speices comes and kicks our ass
  • jumpboots 187th PIR 2011/10/23 02:07:02
    jumpboots 187th PIR
    The biggest threat to man kind is a meteorites.
  • Whizzy 2011/10/23 01:58:50
    Whizzy
    One thing is sure and i do not need a prophet to tell me that. The world is coming to an end.

in approximately 7.6 billion years when the sun becomes a red dwarf
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Whizzy 2011/10/23 16:29:33
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    i will mark it on my calender
    In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty. ~Thom...
    +1
    Yep there are many many many end of the world predicters that have failed to get it right.

I tend to believe the ancient Summarian and Mayan predictions of repeating epochs of mankinds existance. What is interesting is that the multiple repeats of human development never gets handed down to the next epoch. There always seems to be a gap of knoweldge about what went on before. Yet there are so many hints in our ancient history of preceding civilizations.

Right now there is a dig of a city that dates to 12000 to 15000 BCE.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com...

preceding civilizations dig city dates 12000 15000 bce httpwww smithsonianmag

• Pat 2011/10/23 00:05:03
    When the end comes, we probably won't even know what hit us. So we might as well live and try to be happy in this difficult world.
  • Cassie 2011/10/22 23:26:33
    Not all religion is to be found in the church, any more than all knowledge is...
    Cassie
    Wow! Look at all the diverse opinions! I find the religious demographic answers to be interesting and telling... especially when you know what each religion generally believes and preaches. :)
  • aliducharme 2011/10/22 22:44:02
    aliducharme
    those like Harold Camping, you're right, they shouldn't be listened to, but not all those who are prophets in deed are giving out false prophecies. As to the question of why prophets are still needed...my answer is this: Abba and the other Powers That Be sometimes wish to voice things to more than just individuals, as well as to individuals. You can't throw the baby out with the bath water...you just have to listen and judge what is told you with both logic and your spirit to discern what is truth and what the prophet may be saying out of their own knowledge, rather than Divine voice.

as for the prophecies of the end of the world or of Jesus' second coming, those who are religiously minded Christians should remember that NO ONE has been given the date and the time of his coming and that he shall arrive as a thief in the night....so ponder on that...how do thieves arrive?

as for the quoted answer I've chosen...one must also consider the implications of Rabindranath Tagore's statement...Jesus promoted Peace, Love, Forgiveness and cursed the temple stones to fall...that should be enough of a symbolic statement that the Temple of God is not built by stones, but by hearts that promote the same concepts that Jesus did
  • ☠Marz555☠ 2011/10/22 22:17:52
    Most religions prophecy the end of the world and then consistently work toget...
    ☠Marz555☠
    The madness of the return and subsequent deity of the bible... Has made a world of those whom cannot see the future as anything more than death and all it breeds.
    -Me 2011
  • marcie 2011/10/22 18:52:59
    marcie
    Yes we all have God to guide us but many are not open enough to hear Him and many others don't know how or care to learn how to open the inner beings so that God can be heard. But even those that are open enough may get a massage they don't know how to interpret and in so doing, get it wrong. I have gotten messages I didn't understand until years later when an event occcured and I remembered what I had been told years before and it was like alight bulb going off in my head, saying, hello this is what that meant. These so called prophets maybe did get a message but God does not give specific dates as far as I know. it is only their interpretation of what they have gotten and usually it is wrong.
  • D.C. Willis 2011/10/22 17:52:49
    Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that...
    D.C. Willis
  • Wonder Woman 2011/10/22 17:38:57
  • Alexei Murphy 2011/06/02 19:36:57
    Alexei Murphy
    I don't know why, but when I heard about that the world would end, I started worrying and so on, but on that day, it didn't so then I'm lucky, and everyone else.

But I don't think about the end of the World alot of times anymore
  • TUScientist 2011/06/02 18:45:30
    TUScientist
    A heretic is a man (woman) who sees the world through their own eyes-Gotthold Ephraim Lessing
  • Justin.Long 2011/06/02 16:55:43
    Justin.Long
    not all proohets are bad but many use the idea of doom and gloom to push their ideals, back in the seventies a group a scientist theorized that by the year 2000 all life in the sea would die out well last time I check the sea is pretty stocked but do I disregard all scientific info from then on no I continue thinking for mysefl
  • Joe Nebelski 2011/06/02 15:29:41
    Joe Nebelski
    Oh these guys and their quackery!!!!!
  • Abbie 2011/06/02 15:20:50
    Abbie
    If you live in fear of the end of the world you are not REALLY living!!! But each to thieir own I guess...
  • Superman 2011/06/02 15:04:32
    Superman
    Prophets should not be listened to or taken seriously, not only were they dead wrong 0nce, but twice!!! God will end the world when he thinks it time to end it.
  • KingdomNow 2011/06/02 14:09:14
    KingdomNow
    Instead of worshiping perfection we must perfect our works.
  • Pamu 2011/06/02 14:02:19
    Pamu
    true one should have faith in god and work on for the fulfilment of the destiny.
  • cowboy 2011/06/02 13:59:40
    cowboy
    The world WILL end, but we do not know the the date or time. Live life like it could be today that you meet your maker. When he questions you in the end, will you be able to say that you made a difference in someones life, or that you caused grief in someones life.
  • Micheal 2011/06/02 13:56:28
    Micheal
    one day the world will end, but untill then the prophets need to shut up
  • FluffyCupcakespanker~PWCM~JLA 2011/06/02 13:49:23
    FluffyCupcakespanker~PWCM~JLA
    I don't understand how people can believe in this as much as they do. I dont have a very religious family so I just dont get it.
  • Steve 2011/06/02 13:48:55
    Steve
    this guy is a fraud, he scammed alot of people out of mad money and legally too. i don't know why im just now getting this question if it was posted on the 21st of May.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Steve 2011/06/02 13:58:07
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    sorry thats sodahead they are buttheads
  • Steve ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2011/06/02 14:03:02
    Steve
    it's all good, i noticed that before too. ill would get questions that were posted before i even had an account on here....SH glitches are retarded, more so than facebook.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... Steve 2011/06/02 14:09:42
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    i still get replys from my first questions i asked a year and half ago
  • Steve ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2011/06/02 14:18:44
    Steve
    i didn't know this site existed til about a month and a half ago and no one i know personally even heard of this site. i found it by accident.
  • catly 2011/05/27 13:00:38
    catly
    stop
  • mothergoose706 2011/05/27 09:36:11
    mothergoose706
    All that would be true....IF WE ALL WERE ROBOTS and had no mind of our own...
  • gothbride666 2011/05/27 05:12:42
    gothbride666
    ppl need 2 get a life
  • John Locke 2011/05/27 03:02:38
    John Locke
    +2
    Atheism is a non prophet organization.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... John Locke 2011/05/27 03:24:45
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +4
    Pagans dont have any need of prophets Either if god wants to talk to me he knows my phone number

2014/07/22 18:54:57