Time To Police The Government?

~ The Rebel ~ 2012/06/12 22:06:42

The balance between the police and the policed is getting way out of whack — and we better restore it now.

I speak of a spate of new technologies — high-tech cameras, satellites and now, drones being flown over U.S. soil — that are giving police and government way too much power over the average Joe.

Our country was founded by people who were wary of government power, you see. They were wary of government do-gooders attaining too much control, as they knew that absolute power always corrupts absolutely.

So they implemented checks and balances to limit that power.

They knew, too, however, that human nature is imperfect — that there will always be crooks, murderers and con men and that government must provide average, law-abiding citizens with basic protections against those who seek to do them harm.

Thus, our Constitution was designed to strike a proper balance between police and government agencies and the citizens they police.

The Fourth Amendment in the Bill of Rights, for instance, guards against unreasonable searches and seizures.

Flashing our high beams won’t matter a whit once the balance between the police and the policed gets that far out of whack.

Read More: http://www.westernjournalism.com/time-to-police-th...

• LADY LIBERTY SILLY WORDSMITH 2012/06/13 04:07:47
    LADY LIBERTY SILLY WORDSMITH
    +1
    ISN'T IT LONG OVER DUE? To me, THREE YEARS and FIVE MONTHS IS

"WAY LONG OVER DUE!"
  • ed 2012/06/12 23:27:55
    ed
    +1
    I agree it's as if the government wants us to revolt.
  • Brian 2012/06/12 22:22:21 (edited)
    Brian
    +1
    I'm afraid it is too late for that, We are all careening headlong into the new Y2K12 Nazi state. I firmly believe the DHS will be the American version on the German SS and every law enforcemant agency will answer to them.

If there is one thing that G W Bush did to absolutly SCREW this country, it was establishing the DHS.
  • Chukroast 2012/06/12 22:15:57
    Chukroast
    +1
    For every hi-tech device the government might throw at us, we'll develop two devices to foil it.

2014/07/29 19:03:16